australian broadcasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

australian broadcasting

hi, im from australia and i love stargate.

Was just wandering if anyone knew when season 10 was coming out over here?

First welcome to the forum and glad to see antoher SG fan.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

It will be a long time, Channel 7 has stopped airing season 2 of Atlantis about four episodes in, and the DVD's will probably be available once again before it is aired here

Stargate downunder:
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29839

Calling all Australians:
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=1097
      Last edited by B O Y S C O U T; 24 January 2007, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T View Post
        It will be a long time, Channel 7 has stopped airing season 2 of Atlantis about four episodes in, and the DVD's will probably be available once again before it is aired here

Stargate downunder:

Calling all Australians:
        Does anyone know why they took Atlantis off...I heard a rumour they were going to put it back on again...but I'm not that hopeful...I'll call em tomorrow if you like???
        Hopefully season 10 will air later this year...or the dvd's will be released sooner...either way I'm looking forward to seeing it...especially LitS and TRNT...read spoilers and they sound awesome!
        Night all!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

U can always use the renTal stores
          WINAMP eLite Installer a clean and light but fully functional Winamp with new looks!
          DVD-ReBuilder Easy Installer Now everyone can install necessary tools and backup DVD Movies!
          check dvd.yardcure.com for more Easy One-Click installers.

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T View Post

Stargate downunder:

Calling all Australians:
            Yes Channel 7 has been very bad with Stargate, i seriously doubt that they will even air it, it would be best to wait a couple of months for the boxsets to come out

Season 2 of Atlantis is supposed to be in a box set now so it shouldn't be too hard to order one, and if you have a online shop account just order the DVD from Amazon or get it off Ebay

Comment

The season 2 boxset has been out in Australia for a while now...

Comment

Thanks for all the comments...

some arent so promising :\...

oh well....unfrotunately i dont even have sci fi channel.

So...guess il just hope and pray that they WILL air season 10.

Il figure somethin out!

Comment

Originally posted by kirknz View Post
                  Thanks for all the comments...

some arent so promising :\...

oh well....unfrotunately i dont even have sci fi channel.

So...guess il just hope and pray that they WILL air season 10.

Il figure somethin out!
                  *sigh* I believe it when see it...Stupid channel seven *beats it with a stick*

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey View Post
                    *sigh* I believe it when see it...Stupid channel seven *beats it with a stick*
                    I know your pain, I also dislike channel seven for what they have done to Stargate, for me the last straw was when they canceled Atlantis four episodes into the season Thats when I decided to start getting the boxed sets

Comment

oops. double post.
                      Sometimes the truth........
                      Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
                      Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
                      - General George S. Patton

Comment

Well Scifi channel will be showing atlantis season 2 eps and SG-1 S9 ones in a few months time. It's a bit behind CH7, but if CH7 cops out on Stargate, there'll still be somewhere for Aussie scifi fans to watch it on. well, those who are willing to pay the foxtel bill.
                        Sometimes the truth........
                        Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
                        Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
                        - General George S. Patton

Comment

I seriously gave up on australian networks a long long time ago. They just aren't worth it anymore.

I remember back when stargate was a huge PRIMETIME show and you would get sick of seeing the ads for it each week.

They do it with all shows of this genre. It sucks, and I've had it with them. *shrugs*

Thankgod for dvd boxsets.

Stars with gates are cool...
                          "Somewhere, somebody's blog just blew up."

Comment

Channel 7 arent as bad as everyone makes them out to be. They have remained loyal to SG1 since the begining. Other networks around the world havent stayed with the franchise so long.

Hopefully they resume Atlantis season 2 soon, and then get onto showing SG1 season 10 after that.
                            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I gave up on Free to air TV when Star Trek Voyager went from primetime tv, on channel 9 to being aired at midnight, and again when Battlestar Galactica was prime time on channel 10 then being shifted to a 11:45 time slot. I think it is far better to watch the shows on Youtube or download them on Limewire, then buy them when the box sets come out.

BTW, Australian Free to air is the worst in the world, only 5 fkin channels...

Comment

Working...
                              X