X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Heroes' Beats Down On '24'

"Heroes" 6.5 rating
    "24" 5.4 rating
    "Heroes" returned from hiatus and bested the Fox drama by more than a full rating point, earning a 6.5 rating among adults 18 to 49, according to preliminary Nielsen Media Research data, compared with a 5.4 for "24." Compared to the same episode last year, "24" was down about 9 percent -- not surprising given the newfound competition from NBC's top-rated drama.
    Link: http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=11435

Ok all Heroes fans have to love this.
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Holy crap.....did not see that coming. I was expecting Heroes' ratings to take the hit.

Comment

Wow, I'm pretty amazed myself. I'm glad though. This just cements how much people seem to love this show. And for good reason.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

O_O

i never saw that coming. i was worried that "24" will take audience from "Heroes". wow .... even with 4 eps of "24" and everything they did in first 4 hours, "Heroes" have better ratings...

kudos to team ... (i know i would watch "Heroes" rather then "24", but i think noone saw this coming).

great news. if they can do this to "24" then they might as well sign for third and fourth season right now.
        VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Btw, remember that it is the 18-49 range. It's the most important for advertisers, but if you're looking strictly for total viewers 24 had an 8.6 and Heroes had an 8.5. So they practically tied with 24 having a slight advantage. Which is a great thing because out of that 8.6 and 8.5 you know that a lot of these people taped the other and watched it later

Comment

I have one thing to say to 24..... PWNED!!!! *giggle*

Comment

I am really happy, NBC did a lot to make sure that Heroes gets the coverage that it deserves!
              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by JayShadow View Post
                Btw, remember that it is the 18-49 range. It's the most important for advertisers, but if you're looking strictly for total viewers 24 had an 8.6 and Heroes had an 8.5. So they practically tied with 24 having a slight advantage. Which is a great thing because out of that 8.6 and 8.5 you know that a lot of these people taped the other and watched it later
                Yeah- gotta think that a lot of people did that.

Luckily up here 24 and Heroes air on the same channel one after the other so there's no confict- otherwise it would be a tough choice.

Comment

As long as both shows keep airing, I'll be happy.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I knew that Heroes was going to win, and 24 was going to be second.

And for the record, I'm one of those who watched Heroes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ha Ha! Victory! Sorry...I've developed a serious hate-on for my once-beloved "24"

That'll teach you to kill off every character I liked (my poor, poor Tony ).

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Good news for Heroes

I gave up on 24 after season 2...
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Heroes has the advantage of being a fresh and original concept for television.

Good stuff.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

It's only down 9%, that's not too bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X