This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technology [real life]

I was wondering if any of you guys know of any promising companies specializing in nanotechnology. I've been trying to convince my dad to buy stocks in it before it gets too expensive, but he won't look into it until he sees a company. (sad to say he doesn't seem care much for big things coming out that relates to scifi)
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
    I was wondering if any of you guys know of any promising companies specializing in nanotechnology. I've been trying to convince my dad to buy stocks in it before it gets too expensive, but he won't look into it until he sees a company. (sad to say he doesn't seem care much for big things coming out that relates to scifi)
    Well, there's the Future force warrior suit that looks like kull armor and acts like kull armor towards bullets that's being developed by engineers at MIT. It hardens upon impact. The suit itself is the cream of the crop, but there are to be many other integrated systems as well.

Teams and Research Divisions
    http://web.mit.edu/isn/

The Suit

Name of Dude and Possible company to contract out the stuff:
    http://mitworld.mit.edu/video/140/

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Your best bet would be to do research on companies that are developing, or have already successfully developed nano tubes, which is the essential 'ingrediant' to developing nano-tech.

Its been awhile since I've done any research in the field, so there may very well already be a bunch out (doubtful though, as a few months ago, which was the last time i read anything about nano-tech, a company had just successfully made nano-tubes - i dont recall if they were tubes made out of certain materials or if they were just tubes themselves). And no, i dont recall the companies name.

but yea, just do a search on nano-tube development, research, production - that should atleast lead you in the right direction.

Hope I helped

Comment

The last article i read about Nanotech was about Batteries.

Basically they were designing and organising the batteries in such a way to get more power, more longevity and less heat from them.
        I'm not much of a help but i'm surfe with a bit of Google work you could find more helpful websites than this.
        I like to read Wired news and that keeps me up with the latest tech trends, you could try that.

Comment

I know for sure that John Hopkins University, Free University of Berlin in Germany and the Center for Material Elaboration & Structural Studies in Toulouse, France., the Fraunhofer Technology Development Group in Stuttgart, Germany, the Institute of Robotics and Intelligent Systems, Zurich, Switzerland do it for sure.

Have a look through the Materials Engineering and Physics journals to find out more company names. I searched through New Scientist and Nature (which is down atm apparently).
          I suggest journals because then you can pick ones with current projects that sound promising.

Post some info about companies that sound good, if you want.
          Last edited by Alchemist; 23 January 2007, 09:54 PM. Reason: Added the last sentance

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
          Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Working...
          X