Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think things will return to 'normal' by S5? (S3 and S4 Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think things will return to 'normal' by S5? (S3 and S4 Spoilers)

Now, mind you that this is just speculation here, but I personally think the reason behind Carson's departure and Weir's reduced role are caused by Carter coming onto Atlantis.

But since they left Carson's "death" so ambiguous, do you guys think TPTB plan to bring everything back to uh..."normal" after AT's contract is up?

Will Season 5 mark the return of the 'true' Atlantis?

Thoughts? Added Speculation?
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

I actually didn't think that his death was very ambiguous.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
      Now, mind you that this is just speculation here, but I personally think the reason behind Carson's departure and Weir's reduced role are caused by Carter coming onto Atlantis.

But since they left Carson's "death" so ambiguous, do you guys think TPTB plan to bring everything back to uh..."normal" after AT's contract is up?

I think the addition of Carter will bring SG-1 fans who don't watch Atlantis over to watch it and Season 4 will do so well with the addition of Carter, they'll sign Tapping on for another season. I think most if not all of the people currently upset about the changes for Season 4 will end up watching Season 4 anyway, just out of curiosity alone, so the ratings should be okay. If Carter is replacing Weir as Atlantis' Hammond, she probably won't have a lot of screen time, but that's how it should be. I prefer most of the screen time going to Sheppard, McKay, Teyla, and Ronon.

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
        I actually didn't think that his death was very ambiguous.
        I have to agree. There was certainly nothing "ambiguous" about the death of Dr. Beckett. That one is an open and shut case. He's gone.

Comment

I disagree. Carson's state of being or not being in Atlantis really would never be directly influenced by Carter. He was written out because they wanted to for whatever reason. It was a well done episode that had nothing to do with Carter coming.

As for Weir, maybe slightly, but from the spoilers from the season finale it sound more like he has been made reoccurring because that is what the plot needs. She and Carter are not parallel characters, they would not reduce the part of one character for another.
          Weir: He's just a boy!
          Jinto: I am Jinto.
          Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

If TPTB keep changing things like they have been doing lately, I'd doubt we'll have a season 5 at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
              If TPTB
              I keep seeing the word TPTB on alot of threads but I dont know what that word means.Can somebody tell me please?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliHawk View Post
                I keep seeing the word TPTB on alot of threads but I dont know what that word means.Can somebody tell me please?
                TPTB means " The Powers that Be"

Comment

Originally posted by RepliHawk View Post
                  "The Powers That Be"

When people say tyhat, they are referring to those behind the scenes that make the show or have influences that are input into how the shows are made. Be that the writers, producers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by theonebluegecko View Post
                    I disagree. Carson's state of being or not being in Atlantis really would never be directly influenced by Carter. He was written out because they wanted to for whatever reason.
                    I meant budget wise, not character wise.
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I meant budget wise, not character wise.
                      I do not think that Tapping's pay is that high. From what has been posted before her pay as a recurring character will be about the same as that of any other recurring character, and thus is not a major budget concern. As Beckett and Weir were not completely disliked characters I am sure that they were not written off for her.
                      Weir: He's just a boy!
                      Jinto: I am Jinto.
                      Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

LOL if it makes it to season 5. But if it does I'm sure we'll adapt to the changes by then with a few loss and gains.
                        sigpic

Comment

What's so ambiguous about Carson's death? He died. There's no ambiguity about the fact that he's dead. They talked about there being a body and that they were bringing it back (which they did).

When you Ascend, there is no body! All that is you (except maybe dead skin cells stuck to your clothes) becomes energy and you go all squiddy. So unless Carson's body consists of his charred clothes, he's dead.

The conversation with Rodney was most likely a dream sequence or Rodney's just talking to himself imagining Carson standing beside him or possibly, he's gone slightly bananas.

But Carson faded out after the conversation, something Ascended Beings don't do. They either disappear when we turn our backs or they glow out.

So there's no ambuity. He's dead, Jim.

Comment

How do you ascended beings can't fade out if they really wanted to?
                            http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                            The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                              So there's no ambuity. He's dead, Jim.
                              But JM has confirmed that he has a part at the end of season 4. He has also confirmed that it will not be alternate universe/dream.

If there is a s5, if being the operative word here, I hope it all goes back, though I don't think it likely. But since I am a fan of Carson and Weir and not so happy about Carter going over. I will dare to dream, lol.
                              SHEPPARD: You, Elizabeth, Ronon, Carson, even Rodney, are the closest thing I have to a ...

TEYLA: A family?

SHEPPARD: I'd do anything ... for any one of you.

Stop breaking up our family!

Save Weir and Beckett

Comment

Working...
                              X