PDA

View Full Version : I need help!

Fatewarns
January 21st, 2007, 09:16 AM
I'm planning to write another fanfic. The basic summary of this fanfic is that someone goes to another alternate reality. Where the Atlantis was destoryed. I have a basic idea, but I'm having trouble deciding, who I should send to this alternate reality. So which character this you think I should send and a short reason why?

Dutch_Razor
January 21st, 2007, 10:04 AM
Send O'neill he's the funniest :P

Or Mckay that could be funny.

jesserella
January 21st, 2007, 05:25 PM
Mckay, he's so fun to write for, you get to be snarky :P

P-90_177
January 21st, 2007, 05:29 PM
McKay for sure. If you don't I will. It's either that or Sheppard. Most likely though two sheppards in the same reality would save atlantis plus make out with all the women in the galaxy by the end of the fic.

Fatewarns
January 21st, 2007, 09:32 PM
McKay for sure. If you don't I will. It's either that or Sheppard. Most likely though two sheppards in the same reality would save atlantis plus make out with all the women in the galaxy by the end of the fic.

Two Sheppard, How can you be sure there could be only ONE!!!!!:cool: :cool:

Grayvorn
January 24th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I'd say Teyla or Ronon because of their links to others in the Pegasus galaxy :teyla: :ronan: They could go to their peoples or maybe even the Genii for help or something.

Jackie
January 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM
I'm planning to write another fanfic. The basic summary of this fanfic is that someone goes to another alternate reality. Where the Atlantis was destoryed. I have a basic idea, but I'm having trouble deciding, who I should send to this alternate reality. So which character this you think I should send and a short reason why?

I'm not too sure what the other realities situation is. Atlantis WAS destroyed? Meaning it's no longer there?

If that's the case then you can't send someone too alternate Atlantis. You would be sending them to alternate SGC. Someone who should have been on Atlantis and would have either not have gone or was killed or wounded.

What is the basic plot of your fic? Other then alternate reality. Do you plan on sending another team to ressurect Atlantis? Or will this be a "what could have been" plot?

Who I would suggest you send depends on the plot.

Fatewarns
January 24th, 2007, 07:56 PM
I'm not too sure what the other realities situation is. Atlantis WAS destroyed? Meaning it's no longer there?

If that's the case then you can't send someone too alternate Atlantis. You would be sending them to alternate SGC. Someone who should have been on Atlantis and would have either not have gone or was killed or wounded.

What is the basic plot of your fic? Other then alternate reality. Do you plan on sending another team to ressurect Atlantis? Or will this be a "what could have been" plot?

Who I would suggest you send depends on the plot.

plot is basically Earth expedition arrives to Atlantis and everythings the same until the Wraith attack Atlantis (episode The Siege), but the they weren't able to defeat the Wraith, so they destory the City and left to other world. Where they spent three years dodging, avioding, and escaping wraith attacks. Within that three years they lost a lot of personnel. And somehow a Atlantis personnel from our world got to this world.

Fatewarns
January 24th, 2007, 07:57 PM
I'd say Teyla or Ronon because of their links to others in the Pegasus galaxy :teyla: :ronan: They could go to their peoples or maybe even the Genii for help or something.

Well, Teyla has a major role in this alternate reality, Ronon maybe

Jackie
January 25th, 2007, 03:33 AM
plot is basically Earth expedition arrives to Atlantis and everythings the same until the Wraith attack Atlantis (episode The Siege), but the they weren't able to defeat the Wraith, so they destory the City and left to other world. Where they spent three years dodging, avioding, and escaping wraith attacks. Within that three years they lost a lot of personnel. And somehow a Atlantis personnel from our world got to this world.

I would make it so there was an expedition to find Atlantis's sister city. Plato wrote of TWO ancient cities. He described Atlantis and Athena. He said that thier current Athena was not the same city as ancient Athena. He talked of a deluge that rose the water level to where it is now. The creation of the med. sea.

Athena and Atlantis were at war. Athena supposedly was able to keep Atlantis at bay--so you could use it as another Ancient city. Plato also wrote of ancient Athena having marvelous structures like Atlantis. Plato also brings up a mystery metal called "orichalcum." I would use that somehow in the story. Plato said it was a metal known only by name and it shined red. Many modern day schollers believed it to be a mixture of copper and gold. He said it was mined from the mountains of Atlantis.

Plato's Atlantis had a number of elements the show didn't use. It had ten kings that were the sons of Posiden (spelling). That Atlantis was divided into ten regions and each son recived a region. He listed the Sons by name. Atlas was the eldest son and thus the ocean and land was named after him.

Have this reality's team find the sister city of Athena and when they are exploring it have sheppard TEAM shift the whole city of Athena into the alternate reality. Or they shift themseleves into the sister city in the other reality. Then they can end up dialing off world to find the surviors of Atlantis and bring them to Athena. That can be the new HQ in pegasus.

Here is a link to a source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis

click under the heading of refrences: Ancient Sources at the end of the page. There is two pices of Plato's work that has been translated to english.
Timaus and critias. Timaus has the most about Atlantis in it. It's a long work but well worth the read. It should give you much more to work with.
Crtitias has losts of differnt things in it. I have used it to make technobabble becuase of some mathmatics he tried to explain. Confusing but fun to read.

The Great Lord Baal
January 25th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Are we just talkin good guys or bad guys to ?

marpire
January 26th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Euh, your story is strange. The wraiths don't want to break Atlantis, I haven't everythink understand. Sorry if you don't understand this but I don't speak English very well :( . They want to go on our earth thus they shouldn't break atlantis like in this other alternate reality.

sorry if you don't understand :p

Dutch_Razor
January 26th, 2007, 12:35 PM

That I like. If it was without the "our" SGA interaction it would be alot less imho, but that's very personal.

Hope you write it out soon! :D

I think the most likely candidates would be Mckay or Carter (or both!) btw, since they probably have to fix something.

@above; Yes but we would most likely have set the self destruct.

squire.spotz
January 27th, 2007, 12:18 AM
send a team of your favourite seccondry characters because writing established characters is hard especially if TPTB decide to change them drastically

Fatewarns
January 27th, 2007, 08:28 AM
send a team of your favourite seccondry characters because writing established characters is hard especially if TPTB decide to change them drastically

basically all the recurring characters have a major role too

Jackie
January 27th, 2007, 10:21 AM

I'll say. Daniel is now Vaniel. Cam is too blan. Vala--could have been so much better. Carter--who? I think she left with Jack and now we have a replicator who just looks like her. Teal'c has not been a significant character since season 7. Perhaps he's really a replicator too.

And if they don't know what to really do with the character they awlays just kill them off. Doctor seems to be the most dangerous position in the Stargate realm.

mckay is devoloped to the point of being annoying. Weir has developed into two emotion character. Pissed or happy.

Sheppard is just a cross between kirk and Jack. Teyla had potential. Now she just makes eyes at ronon. Ronon had potential but is now just another teal'c.

Maybe you should make Walter a main character in your fic? I would like to see Walter do something more than, chevron guy.

Fatewarns
January 27th, 2007, 10:13 PM
the character who's going to the alternate world i more or less a supporting character, design to help explore the alternate character and how much or little they've change under different scenario.