Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRO Carter on SGA season 4 & 5 spoilers (positive discussion only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRO Carter on SGA season 4 & 5 spoilers (positive discussion only)

I wanted to make a pro carter thread to show our support for the character/Actress crossing over to SGA for season 4.

I'm honestly looking forward to seeing Sam being on Atlantis finally giving her something to do after 10 years of confusing the SGC personal.

I'm intrigued to see how they create a way where it would be necessary for her to be in Atlantis. With the movies being filmed as well you wonder at what point of season 4 she will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
      I wanted to make a pro carter thread to show our support for the character crossing over to SGA for season 4.

I'm honestly looking forward to seeing Sam being on Atlantis finally giving her something to do after 10 years of confusing the SGC personal.
      Weeee.

I am too. I have no idea what they're planning...but if they want Carter there then there's a darn good reason.

Since Atlantis has the science end pretty much covered with McKay and Zelenka and the ships covered with Caldwell and this new fella coming in (that's who Michael Beach will play, right?), my GUESS is that the powers that be will decided after something huge happens that Atlantis requires a stronger military presence but that the chosen leader needs to have a politically viable face. Kind of like for Lost City when the President chose to remove Hammond and place the kinder/gentler/civilian face of Weir because she was a lot more politically appealing/viable than a rough and tough AF General.

My theory is that something big will happen that will make earth realize that Atlantis needs a military commander...and I think Sam is the most logical fit for her expertise, experience and political viability. Plus if it's true, then Shep would be bound to follow orders from a superior officer rather than ask for Liz's advice and do whatever he wants, as he is prone to do.

Or maybe she'll be a new ship's commander. Or maybe they'll require her long term to work with Radek and Meredith. I don't know...I just don't think either of these options make much sense. So far...to me at least...it seems the most logical conclusion to draw is the one above...especially given the reality that Weir is being made a recurring character. It seems as though that's the position that will need to be filled.

I'll be excited to see if I'm hot or cold on this one and how it all plays out.

Regardless of what they send her there for, let her role be set in stone, no ambiguity about what her purpose is...and please no co-commanding of anything. Either do it or don't. LOL

Lots of possibilities come into play for her character, for the other characters and for the plots of the show...and as a fan of Atlantis, I'm hopeful that these changes will give the show the "legs" that Brad Wright says its lacking. Because as much as some fans love exactly how things are, maintaining that status quo = cancellation.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I am looking forward to it.

Since atlantis has begun, the stories may be good -to me anyway - but there is no character that i connect with. I've discovered for me to truly enjoy a show, it needs to have a strong female character. I don't care for how weir has been written, nor teyla, so i'm really looking forward to having a character that i already like on a show whose stories i enjoy as well.

Before i knew that sam was moving to the show, it ws just gonna be a 'sure, i'll watch it out of loyalty', but now that sam is gonna be on it, it's moved up to the 'gotta watch it' level
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
          I'm hopeful that these changes will give the show the "legs" that Brad Wright says its lacking.
          I hadn't heard this before! Where did Brad Wright say Atlantis was lacking "legs"?
          Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
          Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
          -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Absolutely, I'm watching SGA because Sam Carter is reporting for duty!!! I'm hoping she'll be written as a respected, decisive leader and a valued member of the crew. Can she kick McKay's butt just once?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
              Can she kick McKay's butt just once?

Comment

What will McKay do when he finds out Carter is coming to Atlantis?

May be he'll dump that other woman he is currently seeing so he can go stalk Carter. Or maybe the science of Atlantis and its database will be deciphered faster and McKay won't feel so much pressure in tough situations.
                sigpic

Comment

Well as long as Carter is not in scenes with McKay I am happy to sit on the fence *anything else and you can read my thoughts in the appropriate thread*.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Atlantis requires a stronger military presence but that the chosen leader needs to have a politically viable face. Kind of like for Lost City when the President chose to remove Hammond and place the kinder/gentler/civilian face of Weir because she was a lot more politically appealing/viable than a rough and tough AF General.

My theory is that something big will happen that will make earth realize that Atlantis needs a military commander...
                  Don't know what show you have been watching but Atlantis is pretty much Military run and Atlantis has a Military Commander... Lt Col John Sheppard.

Comment

I so happy that Sam will be on season 4, it's going to be so fun
                    sigpic
                    Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                      I hadn't heard this before! Where did Brad Wright say Atlantis was lacking "legs"?
                      Oy. The memory fails. It was an interview posted on GW though awhile back where he admits that Atlantis doesn't have the legs that SG-1 did...meaning wouldn't have the longevity.

So clearly they needed to make some painful changes. They need SGA to expand its fanbase because leaving everything as it was was a one-way road to Cancellationville...and they NEED SGA to work if they have any hopes of a third show.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                        Don't know what show you have been watching but Atlantis is pretty much Military run and Atlantis has a Military Commander... Lt Col John Sheppard.
                        I have been watching Stargate Atlantis...where Weir commented about wanting John to be in command and was told that as a Light Colonel, it wasn't going to happen. Then there's his record, which was not completely spotless to begin with. As I recall, he was surprised and elated that he even made it to Lt. Colonel. Plus his focus is primarily on his team...as it should be.

This is why I think IF this new direction means Atlantis goes military they'd bring in Carter to command the facility and why I suspect she'd be promoted to full bird before she got there.

Comment

Oy. The memory fails. It was an interview posted on GW though awhile back where he admits that Atlantis doesn't have the legs that SG-1 did...meaning wouldn't have the longevity.
                          Hm, do you have an idea how long back? Like, was it before or after S3 started airing?

And yeah, put that way, I don't think Atlantis is going to last 10 seasons, like SG-1 did.
                          Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                          Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                          -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

I too am looking forward to Sam on SGA. I hope like Uber has stated, that she'll command her own ship and be involved with maybe orbital defense of the planet.

I also hoping that she has meaningful interactions with the rest of the characters as well.

Comment

So clearly they needed to make some painful changes. They need SGA to expand its fanbase because leaving everything as it was was a one-way road to Cancellationville...and they NEED SGA to work if they have any hopes of a third show.

It is true that SGA's ratings have fallen substantially in season 3. So, I could see TPTB and Scifi trying to think of ways to help the ratings, or at least not let them continue to fall.

I'm one of those viewers who will now watch SGA on a regular basis because Sam will be in it quite a bit in season 4. I like SGA, but it is a show I could easily miss. I like the characters, but not at all like I do the SG-1 original characters. With Sam there, I'll become a regular viewer.

And, like others, it would be great if she were commanding her own ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X