This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midway Station not finished? Spoilers...#The Return#

I was thinking will they finish the station so it can support life? and people can just step through and they can keep it manned and build an entire space station there. Ships can stop over there on the way to and from Pegasus, and it would allow easy travel to and from pegasus and it would allow an alpha site to be set up easily in pegasus not to mention save power on the ZPM and eventually work it into a shipyard someday (years away like if any series makes it that far) maybe...given how isolated it is the location is good
    I dunno what to put in here now..

There are loads of threads already about the midway station. Try searching for them. Maybe the MODS can close this thread.
    sigpic

Comment

while its still open let me add, this is already going to happen
      Hola

Hello

Comment

Yeah but I wanted to specifcally discuss its future........and I haven't seen any recently so...

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
          I was thinking will they finish the station so it can support life? and people can just step through and they can keep it manned and build an entire space station there. Ships can stop over there on the way to and from Pegasus, and it would allow easy travel to and from pegasus and it would allow an alpha site to be set up easily in pegasus not to mention save power on the ZPM and eventually work it into a shipyard someday (years away like if any series makes it that far) maybe...given how isolated it is the location is good
          That's entirely possible. I think it's safe to say that the station is nowhere near completed. In Return pt.1 they'd just finished building the supporting structure of the station to house the gates and they'd just started adding metal platings around the exterior. I got the impression that they'll turn it into some kind of a remote, habitable supplies depot, kinda like the ISS.
          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
            That's entirely possible. I think it's safe to say that the station is nowhere near completed. In Return pt.1 they'd just finished building the supporting structure of the station to house the gates and they'd just started adding metal platings around the exterior. I got the impression that they'll turn it into some kind of a remote, habitable supplies depot, kinda like the ISS.
            Yeah it would really open up communications with pegasus....and perhaps another to ida could be on the way??

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
              Yeah it would really open up communications with pegasus....and perhaps another to ida could be on the way??
              It's actually completed, that's how, (spoiler warning: highlight text) Samantha Carter was able to gate to Pegasus to help Atlantis when they were floating through space, and how she gated to Atlantis after being assigned to lead the expedition.
              They are also going to have an episode on it in season 4.
              All of My Written Works
              Books I'm Reading:
              The Andromeda Strain (Michael Crichton)
              2001: A Space Odyssey (Arthur C. Clarke)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate_tech View Post
                They are also going to have an episode on it in season 4.
                Spoiler:
                Unfortunately, it looks like something bad is going to happen to it

"But in sci-fi nothing lasts forever and the best laid plans often go awry. So if you get your heart set on the Midway station, you may be disappointed."

Comment

Originally posted by jonty-comp View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Unfortunately, it looks like something bad is going to happen to it

"But in sci-fi nothing lasts forever and the best laid plans often go awry. So if you get your heart set on the Midway station, you may be disappointed."
                  Spoiler:
                  i think if the repliacotors know the location and it is likely they do then the least they can do is fit a shield

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

It's completed and there's nothing anyone can do about it!
                    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

If it gets destroyed, I hope at least that they will rebuild it as it's too valuable to lose.

Vala,

Comment

They can't take my Midway Station away! I'll defend it with sharp, and pointy objects!
                        All of My Written Works
                        Books I'm Reading:
                        The Andromeda Strain (Michael Crichton)
                        2001: A Space Odyssey (Arthur C. Clarke)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate_tech View Post
                          They can't take my Midway Station away! I'll defend it with sharp, and pointy objects!
                          Here's how it happens.

Spoiler:
                          Apparently, the Wraith find out where it is, get onboard and attack and use to to get to Earth in "Midway" and Teal'c and Ronon head to the SGC to hunt down the Wraith.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                            Here's how it happens.

Spoiler:
                            Apparently, the Wraith find out where it is, get onboard and attack and use to to get to Earth in "Midway" and Teal'c and Ronon head to the SGC to hunt down the Wraith.

Vala,
                            If that's the case then it could be that Earth decide the Midway is too much of a risk and destroy it themselves, so it'll never be rebuilt.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                              If that's the case then it could be that Earth decide the Midway is too much of a risk and destroy it themselves, so it'll never be rebuilt.
                              I don't think so, they could move it a few lightyears away and it wouldn't matter (position-wise) or they could cloak it since they can do the same with Earth ships, I doubt a ZPM would be required for something as small as the Midway space station.

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                              X