X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW, New SciFi on SciFi Channel in '07

Have a friend email me this.
    It’s nice to see the Sci Fi channel put science fiction programs on their station. What a great idea…
    Sci Fi Channel has a few projects in development, both regular and limited series:
    • This just in from the planet Mongo ... it's a go for the Flash Gordon (22 episodes) series, which is to be based on Alex Raymond's 1930s comic strip. Produced by Reunion Pictures, the series is slated to debut July 2007. Under an agreement with King Features Syndicate, RHI Entertainment will produce the new series.
    Tin Man (wt) - Alan Cumming is set to star as Glitch, a man with half a brain, in a sci-fi take on Frank L. Baum's book, The Wizard of Oz. From RHI Entertainment, Tin Man is set to bow in December 2007 with the first of six episodes.
    Diamond Age - Executive Produced by George Clooney and Grant Heslov of Smokehouse Productions, based on Neal Stephenson's novel The Diamond Age: Or a Young Lady's Illustrated Primer. Six episodes have been ordered
    Avery House - Produced by Mark Burnett and Tagline Entertainment's Kelly Kulchak and Ron West; NBC Universal Television Studio is the production company for this scripted dramedy about a family that moves into house left vacant for years ... that's when strange things begin happening to those living/staying in the house and in town.
    Untitled project from Darren Star and writer Mike Werb (Face/Off), both serving as Exec. Producers, follows four convicts who are given new identities and technologically enhanced bodies. The four wind up working for a covert wing of the US Government. Produced by Darren Star Productions in association with Sony Pictures Television.
    Revolution follows pioneers in an outpost far out in the galaxy, which comes under siege from their home planet, Earth. CBS Paramount Network Television is producing the series.
    Middletown is an action adventure show about a small town in Middle America inhabited by eccentric characters, and is also the battle ground for Earth when an evil race of aliens arrive. This project is from Fox TV Studios.
    Johnny Midnight is a dramedy about a slacker who becomes a reluctant hero when he finds he has unique powers.
    • Starcrossed - A comedy where the fourth wall comes down to reveal the behind the scenes antics of a long-running sci-fi space soap, from NBC Universal Television Studio.
    Witch School isn't your daddy's Hogwarts. The project is described as a docusoap about Ed Hubbard and his real Witch School. From Sci Fi Channel and Stick Figure Productions

Casting Note: Who Wants To Be A Superhero? has been green lit for a second season on Sci Fi Channel, starring Stan Lee as your host. The network is holding local auditions for the reality series in association with WrestleMania's annual Fan Axxess Tour, which kicked off this past weekend. If you'd like to be a superhero, check out www.whowantstobeasuperhero.com for all the vital info. Who Wants To Be A Superhero? is a production of Nash Entertainment, in association with Stan Lee's POW! Entertainment, Inc.

SCI FI.com has created SCI FI Drive-in, set to launch on January 21st, a new broadband service, which will feature hard-to-find Sci Fi classic TV series, films and shorts such as Flash Gordon, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, The Giant Gila Monster. Additionally Sci Fi Pulse, the channel's original online content area, will introduce Battlestar Galactica Video Maker Took Kit, a new user generated content area.
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Just a shame they've made so many mistakes in the past. I hope they don't screw these up too.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Definitly some interesting-sounding stuff there to (hopefully) look forward to.

Comment

A lot of those sound good! Diamond Age in particular catches my interest - it was a good book. And Starcrossed, natch.

And what the heck is a "docusoap"??

Comment

Most of that stuff sounds really good, lots of potential there.

Comment

not much of it sounds very sci-fi'y to me, and most of that sounds kinda lame from the descriptions but ill give as much of it a chance as I can. Starcrossed should be good though.
            Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
            Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

So I was interwebbing and discovered that Skiffy has the rights to produce miniseries for both Robinson's "Red Mars" (the best Mars terraforming novels period, IMO) and Haldeman's "Forever War" (space military SF involving time dilation). Looks like they've had the rights for years now, but I haven't heard anything new about either series. Anyone know of any current news? I think both of those stories have the potential to make excellent miniseries.

Comment

I put no faith in most of these being produced. The only ones that intersets me is Flash Gordon and Revolution. The rest are actually paranormal/conspiracy/supernatural - not science fiction.
                Like said above RED MARS was listed as a project for years, i remember back to 2003 and it was listed - nothing ever happened. Also a 2 episode pilot for the series 'Dead Lawyers' was filmed but never aired and the series was scrapped. So i take any project schedule with a gigantic grain of salt.

Comment

What? Sci-fi on The Sci-fi channel? I demand more wrestling!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Doze, I gotta say....I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT STAR WARS GAME!
                    *runs*

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
                      *runs*
                      You realise that was just a video of a tech demo right? One that didn't even look that flash....

Additionally Sci Fi Pulse, the channel's original online content area, will introduce Battlestar Galactica Video Maker Took Kit, a new user generated content area.
                      I wonder what that's gonna be??

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
                        *runs*
                        Don't worry, after the SW TV series comes out, it will be ok to be a SW fan again.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        You realise that was just a video of a tech demo right? One that didn't even look that flash....
                        And you realise they, LucasArts/ILM, are working on a Vader game and a future Jedi game that will have the AI control shown in this tech demo... right?
                        Way to Poo Poo someones joy there.
                        Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                          What? Sci-fi on The Sci-fi channel? I demand more wrestling!
                          HAhaha... Or at least a show like ‘Asteroid Improvement’ or ‘Flip this Moon’.
                          Doze Out...

Comment

Originally posted by shazzboy View Post
                            The rest are actually paranormal/conspiracy/supernatural - not science fiction.
                            Exactly.
                            Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                            Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
                              And you realise they, LucasArts/ILM, are working on a Vader game and a future Jedi game that will have the AI control shown in this tech demo... right?
                              Way to Poo Poo someones joy there.
                              You know what a pre-visualisation is right? It's a pre-rendered video of how they want it to look. That's all. Anyone with a bit of modelling and animation skill can do that.
                              Whether the game can actually turn out to be anything like that is anyone's guess. It says nothing about how the actual game engine will look or feel.

Comment

Working...
                              X