Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home - Thoughts? (Spoilers For 1x09 - Home)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home - Thoughts? (Spoilers For 1x09 - Home)

Ive been anticipating this one since i read it on gateworld when atlantis first aired.

And i will be peeved to say the least if they dont bring back any tech! since the entire reason they went to atlantis was to get tech, if they take none back.... well WTF

They should bring back: those personal shields, a puddle jumper, some wraith tech, and alot of data collected.

what do others think?

Also, in the little description it says about them maybe not getting back to atlantis... yet it sports screens(images) of the series MAIN characters back on earth lol. It is very obvious theyll get back to atlantis.

I don't think they would have another personal shield or they would have used it. They should take ONE PJ back to the SGC and a MASSIVE report of everything that has happened.

I don't think the wraith weapons are worth taking back as they are similar, and probably less useful than the zat.

What worrying is when you look for the people who will guest star none of the people at the SGC are among them. As far as I can recollect the only person guest starring is Don S. Davis (Hammond) that I can remember, I know there are two other people but cannot remember thier names.
    Wier: Nice work Rodney!
    McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
    Wier: Yes, several times....
    [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

Originally posted by waz
      What worrying is when you look for the people who will guest star none of the people at the SGC are among them. As far as I can recollect the only person guest starring is Don S. Davis (Hammond) that I can remember, I know there are two other people but cannot remember thier names.
      I believe Chevron Guy will be in it.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

the Chevron Guy has to be on it!!!

I think the episode looks great! great opportunity to learn about the characters and the lives they left behind... the trailer on the SciFi channel is pretty cool...

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
          I believe Chevron Guy will be in it.
          Narim () as well

Comment

Can't wait to see this one, the tiny preview was intriguing.
            Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Disapointig
              Spoiler:
              I dunno if you know guys, but they actually won't get home.
              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                Disapointig
                Spoiler:
                I dunno if you know guys, but they actually won't get home.
                That's the intriguing part.
                Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                  That's the intriguing part.
                  The intriguing one you say?
                  "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Spoiler theory:

I think that we all are forgeting one very important detail. The Wraith's are Psionics and have the abilities to create massive illusions of the mind. So the possibility of them actually getting back to the SGC is slim. The end of the commerical has a few of the wraith mind visual F/X so that is why I am saying this. It is more probable to have them in an altered mind state than actually getting back home, especially this early in the season. It is probably a ploy by the Wraith to acquire more knowledge about our universe and what we have to offer them in defensive capability. And more importantly how to get there!

But that is just my humble opinion!
                    A bug! Oh Reese, you and your toys.

Comment

interesting theories but what about those images?? and when would the wraith have had enough time to realise that these were humans form the planet earth stranded in an ancient city?

The description doesnt mention any fancy tricks.. it just mentions that McKay harness's energy from a planets atmosphere which powers the gate...

We will know in a few days i suppose...

And about the wraith weapons, and the shield - whether they can use them as they are or not is not that important... but scientists cna reasearch them, maybe develop counter-weapons? or reverse engineer them and take the parts which were best to help manafacture their own weapons or shields.

A puddlejumper MUST go back.

Comment

Originally posted by canuck49
                        Spoiler theory:

I think that we all are forgeting one very important detail. The Wraith's are Psionics and have the abilities to create massive illusions of the mind. So the possibility of them actually getting back to the SGC is slim. The end of the commerical has a few of the wraith mind visual F/X so that is why I am saying this. It is more probable to have them in an altered mind state than actually getting back home, especially this early in the season. It is probably a ploy by the Wraith to acquire more knowledge about our universe and what we have to offer them in defensive capability. And more importantly how to get there!

That's kinda what I was thinking with what they've shown in the previews, but now I'm not too sure because it seems kind of obvious. Although with the stupid previews the Sci Fi channel shows sometimes they basically summarize the entire episode! It seems if the wraith would do the whole mind trick thing they would attack right away, but I don't really know all of their capabilities.
                        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by canuck49
                          Spoiler theory:

This is my opinion also. Thw Wraith would like to know where this rich feeding ground is.

Wait a minute. I just thought of another theory.
                          What if there is something similiar to the chairs from the The Gamekeeper (SG-1 S2). Some how the one who gets into the chair's thoughts connect to the others in the some of his group.

Comment

I don't know... As of right now, I am thinking that 'Home' will not have anything to do with the Wraith at all. I could obviously be wrong, though.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I'm thinking that it's not wraith related either, but that it is some sort of telepathic type non-physical life from that wants to give them what they really want. To go home.

Comment

Working...
                              X