AU - Update, Information & Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AU - Update, Information & Talk

This will be the Mission Update post. Check here to see the hi-lights of what's happening.

Briefing before the mission. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=580

Xanth- AU Alpha-site - PX2-897
    The planet's name is Xanth. It's 'day' is 16.8 hours long (1008 min). Light for about 12 hours, dark for a little over 4. This varies with the seasons.
    The Xanthian 'clock' has 24 hours of 42 minutes each. A duty shift is 8.0 hours Xanth (5.6 earth). You work 1 on and are off for two. Those who have been living here have adapted to this.

It's the Alpha-site for this reality. The base is dug into the sides of the long ravine mentioned in the briefing post. This ravine is kilometers long and deeper the further you go in, up to 30m high walls at the deepest. The main Alpha-site base is at the deepest point. Approx 4 levels are built up into the cliff and passages honeycomb into it.
    The commander of the base is Colonel Sharp. The previous commander, General Belousov, died recently.

Earth was destroyed 18 months ago. Anubis decided that it would be too much trouble to conquer the Tau'ri. He destroyed them before they could learn how to use the Ancient technology in the arctic outpost. The Prometheus was destroyed in the attack as well. They never made the connection to Atlantis and the Pegasus Galaxy.

Information on the Iberians, the town and some of the technology. Thank you, Tracy Jane. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=389

Clan Shajgar
    The natives (aka. Were-bears) call themselves Shajgar. Humans can't properly pronounce it because we physically can't make one of the sounds in the name. The Shajgar can't pronounce all the sounds in human language either. Many of them understand English and many Tau'ri understand Shajgaree. It's -interesting- to listen to a conversation sometimes.
    They live at the end of the ravine closer to the Mirror Temple and farthest from the Main Base. The village is mostly women, cubs and Elders. Males prefer to live apart.

The area around the temple is the place where Tau'ri and Shajgar most often meet.

AU-Gaia
    Gaia isn’t called Gaia. It’s P2G-349 and, lucky for ‘us’, it’s uninhabitable. Not airless or radioactive or anything instantly fatal. It was Zeus’s planet and he stripped the minerals and disrupted the environment past the point of no return. The ecology is ruined, plants struggle to live and if there are animals, they’re very primitive. The temperature is rising, the water is drying up and sandstorms rule the world. Daytime temps can reach 120 degrees in the sun and there is no shade. Issue the SPF 100 sunscreen.
    Last edited by Gen Blue; 01 February 2007, 02:16 PM.
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Updated with information on the AU-Gaia.
    sigpic

Comment

How long has earth been distroyed in their reality? You don't mention that.

Comment

Good catch. It's there now.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shovar View Post
          Dr. Zack Black
          Briefing Room.

"Excuse me Colonel, wouldn't my time be better spent gathering any information we can that we could use in our universe. I would like to carry on with Dr. Jackson's research into the Lost City of Atlantis. That would give us a great advantage over the Goa'uld." Zack looked at both Sharps. "Would that be okay Sirs?"

(I'll let Sharp and Blue decide whether i should be allowed to do this.)
          Colonel Sharp [IC] - Your call. I'm ((OOC)) fine with it.
          sigpic

Comment

About how long would you say the teams have been in the AU?
            sigpic
            Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

A few hours, that's all. They arrived in the morning and it's not even lunch time on Xanth.
              sigpic

Comment

Wheres AU McCoy and whats he up to?
                sigpic

QUOTES I LIKE TO LIVE BY:

- "Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway"
                - "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning."
                - "I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."

Comment

You post what your AU character does and where he is

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                    No $*** Sherlock, i've played this before. I've lost my character and cant find him so thats why i'm asking.
                    sigpic

QUOTES I LIKE TO LIVE BY:

- "Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway"
                    - "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning."
                    - "I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."

Comment

*clears throat* I thought I told you he was in the mirror room.....

*points to link* http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=163

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                        Originally posted by The Sentinal View Post
                        No $*** Sherlock, i've played this before. I've lost my character and cant find him so thats why i'm asking.
                        *tsk, tsk, tsk*

Sentinal (formerly known as Futura) , can you re-post McCoy's bio under your new user ID? Then ask a Mod to snip the contents of the original post or delete it. I'll change your name and link in the Player list.
                        sigpic

Comment

One question....who is Second in Charge of the AU Alpha site? Surely there is someone.

Comment

Oh my. I don't know. Yet. It was Sharp. Now, he's in charge. Why do you ask? *thinking frantically*
                            sigpic

Comment

Well it had crossed my mind for no odd reason, so I thought I ask.

Comment

Working...
                              X