Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AU - Main Base (All offices and Main Canyon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AU - Main Base (All offices and Main Canyon)

((Yes. Gen said I could play ))

Cathy Doherty stormed across the road in her high, bright, quirky, decorative heels and dark business suit, her work bag over one shoulder and a six month old baby girl resting on the opposite hip. Her face was flushed and her short, glossy, brown bob was swaying slightly in time with her stride.

“You were supposed to pick her up twenty minutes ago,” she snapped, pushing her way into the cluttered house, wrinkling her nose at the mess. “You really think this is suitable for her? She could end up seriously injured,” she complained, trying to bend down and remove some of the mess with her spare hand, much to the child’s delight.

The dark-haired man appeared in the kitchen doorway and sighed. “It’s under control, Cathy,” he drawled in his soft, Australian accent. “Give her here.”

Cathy, tall even without her heels, passed the baby over with a frown. “She’s been fed and changed, she’ll need putting down in about an hour, by my reckoning. I’m getting to being late now, and I can’t be late this morning. Too many appointments, too much to do.”

Whereas the father no longer worked on base, due to an arm injury he had sustained a while back, Cathy had taken on more and more duties on Xanth, leading to considerable tension between the two parents of baby Aoife.

Of course, the name itself had been a bone of contention between the two. Cathy had fallen into favour with the Ibirians by choosing such a traditionally Gaelic name, but he had wanted something that reflected his own roots a little more. After all, he was the father of the child.

But that argument held little weight with the Iberians, nor Cathy, for that matter. It seemed that, as far as she was concerned, he had been little more than a sperm donor. It was her right to choose the name, her right to give the surname, her right to decide on childcare. He was just damn lucky that he made a suitable and available babysitter.

In many ways, he resented her freedom and her position of influence. She had taken all the things he had wanted, amongst them, his former position of SG7 Commanding Officer. And she had so little time for him, he swore he saw more of her team mate Clayton than he did of her.

Cathy watched him quietly for a moment. There were times she felt guilty for the way she treated him. She genuinely wished that she could do something, anything, about his arm, but she didn’t have the technology. If she just had a healing device she could change everything. But, saying that, everything happened for a reason, and at the moment things were good for her.

“Ok, Aoife,” she said, leaning down to rub the girl’s cheek and give her a kiss. “I’ll see you later, ok? Mummy’s gonna miss you. Yes she is, yes she-“

“I thought you said you were late,” he said coldly.

Cathy stood up and eyed him. “So I did.”

With a final wave to her daughter, Cathy straightened back to full height and left the house, walking briskly towards the base, where her next appointment was supposed to take place.

“Cat! Wait! I need to speak to you!”

Cathy spun round to see Jo stood there, her short blonde hair tucked behind her ears, wearing her green BDUs as usual. She sighed. Now was really not the time for this conversation. She was already running late.

“Nice shoes,” Lewis commented with a smile.

Cat sighed and folded her arms. “Okay, what is it? I have an appointment on base in less than half an hour and I need to reread the paperwork.”

“You’ll be fine,” the blonde grinned back. “I wanted to talk to you about moving out and stuff. It’s probably best that we get living arrangements sorted soon. What with another one on the way and all.”

Cat shrugged. “I don’t see a problem with that. Just… let me know. I have to get to base, Jo. I’m in a hurry.”

“Cat! Aren’t you supposed to react or throw a tantrum or something?!” Jo said, incredulously. “I’m moving out. You’re not meant to stand there and take it.”

“It’s been over a long time, Jo. Just… keep me posted.”

The brunette sighed and flicked her hair away from her eyes as she walked off. It wasn’t that she was heartless, whatever Colonel Lewis might think. They hadn’t really been together for a while now. Things seemed to work out alright as roommates, as far as Cat was concerned, but if she wanted to leave, so be it. She couldn’t deal with the tantrums, she’d had enough drama to last her a lifetime.

*Gooooooood Morning Lt Commander Doherty*

Cat jumped as her radio crackled into life with a chirpy greeting. ‘Good Lord, it’s Alpha Site Barbie,’ she thought with a grin, realising who was on the other end of the radio. She fumbled around in her back for the radio and clicked to reply. “This is Lt Commander Doherty speaking, what can I do for you Lt Clayton?”

*Just checking you’re on your way, Cat. Not like you to leave it til the last minute, that’s all. Oh, and I’m ordering breakfast. Want anything?*

“Roma, we don’t use base radios to order in breakfast. I think I’m going to be a little late. There’s a humvee here headed towards base, so I’ll hitch a lift. Just get my 9h00 to wait will you?” she joked, rolling her eyes at the impatience of her nine o’clock patient.

*Will do. See you in a bit.*

Cat couldn’t help but giggle at the Lieutenant as she trotted over to the humvee in her heels. The two Claytons, Hermione and Roma, were like chalk and cheese. Hermione was lovely, of course, but sensible and maternal. Rowena... the only way to describe her was…. Blonde. Chirpy, full of life, long, curly blonde hair and a huge grin, she put everyone who walked into the base commander’s office at ease. She was, quite frankly, a star.

“Hiya. Couldn’t give me a lift over to base, could you?” Cat asked the driver sweetly, turning on a beaming smile. “I’m just very late this morning. James forgot to come pick up Aoife.”

The driver agreed and helped Cat up into the humvee, the shoes being a hindrance to the step up. She buckled herself into her seat and sighed heavily, getting her diary out to check over appointments and writing a to do list of housework for when she got back.
    Last edited by Tracy Jane; 10 January 2007, 10:32 AM.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

[Base: CO's Office]

Hermione poked her head around the door and smiled at the blonde woman sat at the desk, checking her make-up in the pocket mirror. “It’s not a fashion show, you know,” she teased gently, making her way into the room.

Roma snapped the mirror shut and looked up brightly, her perfectly made-up face breaking into a wide smile at the sight of her mother. “Good morning, Stranger,” she greeted, getting out of her chair to give Colonel Clayton a swift kiss on the cheek. “How are you feeling today?”

“Good…. Good. Well, better at least,” Hermione smiled, returning the hug as way of reassurance. “You really ought to tie that hair back, you know,” she chided, holding Rowena at arm’s length and looking at the long blonde hair that curled gently at the ends. “Off the collar, that’s how it’s meant to be worn.”

“Yes, Mom,” she sighed in mock exasperation, making no attempt to tie her hair back whatsoever. “So, what can I do for you?” she asked, the bright smile still on her face. “I mean, Cat’s already got the nine o’clock, and I’m booked in for the obligatory this afternoon.”

Hermione smiled back. “I’m not allowed to take my little girl for breakfast?”

“You just want to know when to expect grandkids, that’s what you want,” Roma replied, rolling her eyes at her mother as she bustled round, filing various folders and sorting out the reports necessary for today’s appointments.

“Would I be as tactless as that?” Hermione asked, feigning hurt and innocence. “Seriously, Roma, come for breakfast. I’ve barely spoken to you this last couple of weeks and, heaven knows….”

“…It’s a time for family,” Rowena finished for her. “Always laying the guilt trip, aren’t you, Mom?” She teased, finishing up the first pile of paperwork. “I can’t come, Mom, I’ve got a load of work up here, plus Cat will be arriving shortly for his 09h00 appointment. I can’t go waltzing off on a whim.”

Hermione chuckled and started to help Rowena with her filing. “When was the last time he showed up on time for his 09h00 appointment? Just… come for breakfast. Cat’s a big girl, she can look after herself.”

“I’ll give you … twenty minutes. Cat’s running late and if he gets impatient and heads off, she’ll kill me,” Roma agreed, grudgingly.

She got up and ushered her mother outside before shutting the door to the ante-room behind them. She hated leaving the office at this time in the morning, especially when she had so much work to do and was expecting Cat in to boot. It just wouldn’t do for Cat to see her disorganised, what would she say?

As they walked to the mess, Rowena stopped to smile and chatter at the many people she met along the way, taking interests in their personal lives and how they were doing. She personally felt it made a difference when someone from the office was taking note of the little things.

“So,” Hermione said as they sat down with their respective breakfasts, “Any news on the baby front?”

“Mom. I’m twenty-two. It’s so not happening any time soon.” Rowena stirred the muesli in her bowl and sighed. “Besides, most of the men are way too old for me.”

“I thought you were dating that guy from…”

“That doesn’t mean babies, Mom,” Roma sighed, starting to get distinctly fed up of this subject. “Mom, I know it’s not been easy for you recently and stuff, but I can’t promise kiddies and things when there’s no way… Maybe a few years down the line, but not now. I’m just happy to play the babysitter.”

Roma watched as her mother’s face dropped. “Hey, now. Don’t do this on me,” she said gently, gripping Hermione’s hand. “Look, I’m still here, you’ve still got me, right? Mom?” She kicked herself internally for not dancing around the subject and just going for the direct line. She should have known better than to come for breakfast. She had heard word that Hermione was a little… emotional… lately, but this was a bigger mood swing than even she had anticipated.

“Mom… are you gonna book an appointment with Cat?” she asked gently, rubbing the back of the woman’s hand with her thumb. “I think it could be useful and all.”

Hermione shook her head and took a long draught out of the coffee cup. “No. I’m fine, I don’t need to take up her time. She needs to spend every minute she can with that little baby of hers.”

“Mom…” Roma growled softly, cupping her own coffee in her hands and looking over the rim of the cup. “I’m worried about you, that’s all.” She sighed and finished her coffee, shaking her head sadly. “Really not going to argue, though.”

She sighed again and stirred her spoon round the muesli again, trying to think of a new topic. “I spoke to Joanne yesterday. Lewis. Sounds like she’s definitely moving out. Not that it surprises me, really. They haven’t been an item since…”

“No,” Hermione agreed. “I think Cathy knew it would never work. She tried so hard to separate Jo from the Goa’uld in her mind. She was convinced that if anyone could do it, she could. But… I don’t think she could look at her the same way after that. Despite the person inside being different, it was still the same person she saw.”

“How could you?” Rowena murmured sadly, finishing the rest of her cereal. “Nothing against Jo or anything, but poor Cat, having to deal with al that. But when you look at it, they do seem to be good friends now, unlike her and James, though I think that’s partly jealousy,” the Lieutenant babbled on, gossiping mindlessly.

“Oh, look at the time,” she exclaimed with a smile. “I’ve got to get going. But you know where to find me, and there’s always coffee on the brew, so if you ever need anything,” she continued, kissing her mother on each cheek.

She trotted up to the counter and chatted enthusiastically with Henry, who gave her a breakfast tray to take up to Cat. If she knew Doherty, that woman would have been so busy getting the baby fed and ready, she wouldn’t have had chance to even think about having her own breakfast. She checked the items off; a pot of tea, a bacon and mushroom roll, a glass of orange juice and a banana. That should keep Xanth’s premier diplomat happy for a couple of hours. Presuming his Lordship showed up for his appointment, of course.

Roma made it back to the office, swiping her key through the lock and pushing the door open. She set the breakfast tray on the side, switched the lights back on and looked round at the paperwork. So much to do, so little time.

But first…. Lipstick.
    Last edited by Tracy Jane; 10 January 2007, 05:17 PM.

Comment

[Base Entrance]

Cat hopped down from the humvee as it drew to a stop. “Thank you so, so much,” she grovelled to the driver as she slung her bag back over her shoulder and started to run inside. She checked her watch to see how much tie she had left. Still five to nine, that was fine. She flashed her ID at the security desk, then through the lock on the elevator to call it up.

“Come on, come on, come on…” she muttered impatiently.
      Last edited by Tracy Jane; 10 January 2007, 05:17 PM.

Comment

<<Base entrance>>

Natasha had just arrived at the base from a little running around the complex area which she did everytime she was having a mental block before getting inside and this was a very big one. She was thinking about that since last night and didn't sleep because of it which was good for her insoniac baby girl Varia, since her mom was up all night with her in her arms, something she liked a lot. It's like they both went hyperdrived together last night, no sleeping chance. She was extremely frustrated at not being able to do anything about the problem at hand when she entered the complex.

'It's not possible that there isn't a solution for this. There's a solution for everything except death... Well... there's one even for that one. Think further!' She thought as she was called by the security for just going inside, forgetting about passing her ID through the inspection, but the guards knew her and just called her up which took her out of her reverie. She showed them her credentials to be cleared at the desk just as Cathy had done a moment ago and went on. She kept her agitated rithm until she reached the elevator.

When she got there, she encountered Cathy still waiting for it to arrive at their floor, but being oblivious of everything she took a few seconds to acknowledge the presence of the other woman. "Hey, Doherty. How are you?" She asked still half absent-mindedly and barely being aware of her presence.
        Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 10 January 2007, 05:23 PM.
        Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

[Base Entrance]

"Good, thanks. Didn't get much sleep, but that's the way things go when you have a baby in the house," Cathy chatted back, eyes still on the elevator. The doors opened and she got in, watching Natasha's facial expression as the woman joined her. "So... how about you?" she asked carefully, trying not to pry too deeply and offend the woman. There was a good chance this was a matter for Hermione, not for her, in which case, clamming her up with a misplaced question could dofar more harm than good.
          Last edited by Tracy Jane; 10 January 2007, 05:18 PM.

Comment

<<Base entrance / elevator>>

When Cathy answered, Natasha really focused on her and payed attetion to her words. "I'm glad you're OK." She said with a smile. "We all work better when feeling fine, I guess." She said noticing the woman was also agitated, but not as badly as she was. "Is everything really OK? You seem to be as agitated as I am." She said, not really waiting for a response since she knew she wasn't the base shrink and no one had the obligation of talking to her at all about personal things, but she liked to help where she could, though Cathy was just probably late for an apoitment. She seemed to be that kind of agiteted anyway.

Before Cathy could respond, the elevator arrived and Natasha followed her in. "Oh, I'm good overall, just a little out of my mind lately, but not in the bad, wacko way. Try baby in the house, taking care of her almost alone, being with her all night long, actually the best thing in the list, and have the greatest work challenge ever to solve, all at the same time. What's sleep anyway? Is it when you lay down on the bed and close your eyes? I don't get much of that anyway, but it's lack has been particularly bad lately." She answered speaking fast and poking fun at her agitation and her tiredness.
            Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 10 January 2007, 05:22 PM.

Comment

[Base Entrance/Elevator]

"Oh, I forgot about your little one... how old would she be now? Not much different to my Aoife, is she?" Cathy smiled kindly at Natasha, understanding the joint strains of a baby and work. She noticed the woman's expression when looking at her and grinned. "No need for you to be like that around me, I'm fine. Just... running late, as usual." She sighed and leaned back against the wall. "So, what's the work stuff? Anything interesting? Trade potential?" she asked, always keen to have a handle on the latest developments in case any diplomatic or trade issues arose.
              Last edited by Tracy Jane; 10 January 2007, 05:19 PM.

Comment

<<Base elevator>>

"Varia is nine months old, she completed them two days ago. She's my most precious jewel in the universe. She's getting each day smarter and more beautiful. She grabbed my nose tonight. She calculates trajectories as good as her Mom does, went right to it." She told Cathy with a sort of dumb smile on her face. The one she always had when talking about Varia, her baby girl. Varia was the only thing in the universe that could make Natasha forget about her work which was her other life passion.

"Oh, I didn't think anything bad, if that's what you thought. I guessed you'd be just late, seems like a second nature to us. I just wanted to be sure if it was the only thing disturbing you. That's all. Friendly chat, you know." She said smiling and gesturing in a friendly way to reassure her that it was all good and she wasn't thinking anything that should worry her elevator company.

When Cathy leaned back against the wall, Natasha mirrored her actions and listened her with attention. "Well our best tech is still the power source I came up for the mirror technology, I was inspired when I got the idea for that project, but it's been vetoed from your trading list, I know that. Too advanced, it was said." She said with a little sad tone that her work could not be appreciated by the galactic masses, but she understood, after all, if one of those power sources came to the hands of the Goa'uld it'd be almost as bad as giving them a 1/10 powered ZPM with more intuitive interface and ease of use. "What I'm working on now is like some crazy idea of mine, you know, one of those I have almost everyday. It's not something tangible nor tradable yet, but I hope it'll be soon if it gets the green light for trade of course. To be honest you'll be the first one I'll talk about this project of mine with. I had the idea last night, so it'll take a while to reach complition. What if I could create a condensed energy field that's stable? Yeah, I want to make our own version of the To'kra shield tech, though it's harder than I first thought, but it'll pay off once I come up with a way to protect our children better from attack. Why am I only thinking defensive tech ever since Varia was born? I'm sort of obssessed with that. Though the variables for stability of the field and...." She said in an excited voice, waving her hands a lot. "You're not interested at the moment." She said realizing that wasn't Cathy's field of expertise and she would just make it all fly over her head as usual when she talked about work, even knowing of her especial knowledge, that was kinda different from the Goa'uld tech they had on base, after all, copy in Natasha's mind was for the ones void of intelligence or replicators. She wanted to make a better one as she always does, even to the point of being considered cocky or arrongant by some, but she never failed to deliver even her craziest ideas and people granted her that at the SGC, which was the reason she was appointed base chief scientist when this Alpha Site was created.
                Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 10 January 2007, 07:50 PM.

Comment

[Base: Elevator and Office]

"Ah yes," she said. "You were one of the first. A little older than Aoife, then."

She listened as Natasha babbled on happily, everything coming back to her little girl. She had been like that once, too. Back when Suzie had been born. The shields, everything, it all came back to the baby.

She had noticed the strange and exotic names that many of the Tau'ri were naming their children and had smiled at the obvious alien influence. Her own daughter's name, whatever Jim might tell people, was a throwback to her own culture, very closely related to that of the Iberians. She was Irish herself. Northern Irish, admittedly, but her mother's family came from the Republic and harked back to the traditions of old. She had always intended to keep the tradition of Gaelic folk tales in the family, so that her children could speak at least a little of the language, but with the Iberians here on Xanth as well as the additional blessing of being female, Aoife would be schooled and totally fluent in Gaelic, or at least the nearest version there was.

"I'm looking forward to seeing your work," she said genuinely. "I'm not a scientist, Goa'uld memories aside, so I won't understand the specifics, but what you've said to me... well, if it protects the people of Xanth, then it's going to make my job a heck of a lot easier," she laughed sadly. "Anyway, give the bubba a snuggle from me. I've really got to dash," she said, waving over her shoulder as the doors opened.

Cathy tugged down her suit jacket and trotted down the corridor in her decorative shoes. She waved and greeted people as she went, met by lots of questioning about Aoife. She wished she had time to talk, but time was a luxury she barely had these days, what with her duties on SG7, diplomatic duties and of course, her counselling duties.

"Roma," she gasped, swinging round into the ante-room. "So sorry I'm late. I made it as fast as I could." She placed her bag on a chair and sat at the one next to it, fishing through for her papers.

"I brought your breakfast up," the young officer replied.

"OH!" gasped Cat, grabbing the tray and sitting down to munch hungrily. "Lieutenant, you're a STAR," she said, in her quirky Irish-British way.

"Love the shoes, Cat," the girl replied, looking at the ornate mint green shoes with lace, ribbon and beading on them. "God, I wish I could get away with shoes like that. They just clash with the uniform, though."

Cathy smiled, tipping a food upwards to admire her footwear. "Mmmmm, I do love my shoes. I like my pretty things to be seen. Pretty underwear is good and suitable for under uniform, but just not the same...."

"How's the little one?" Roma asked cheerily.

Cathy shrugged. "We started her on solids a couple of days ago. She seems to be taking to them. She's at that awkward age, though, where she knows her Mum and hates to be separated. She's ok with her Dad and with Jo, but give her to one of the Iberians and she squawks like mad. Hates me being out of her sight." She sighed slowly and shrugged her shoulders. "But I have to leave her, because this base won't run itself and the people running it...." She stood up and headed towards the door.

"He's not in there," Roma told her.

Cathy shrugged again and sat back down, pouring herself a cup of tea. "I suppose it's time to play the waiting game, huh?"

Comment

<<Base elevator and Natasha's Lab>>

"Yes, I was. Kind of a crazy thing at the time, but it payed off you know. I was kinda scared of being a Mom for many personal reasons, but when it happened it was different from what I had expected, much better than what I had expected." She said happy about the turn of fate that caused her change of heart about motherhood.

"First one I'll show it to when the work is done, I promise." Natasha said in a good mood herself. "There'll always be room for diplomacy and thus work for you, lady. Both of us are doomed in that area, there'll always be something for us to do." She said joking as the elevator stopped. "Huggles to Aoife from me too." She said as Cathy left the elevator pacing fast to her appointment, waving at her to say goodbye. The elevator then moved a few more floors down and stopped. Natasha left it, going in the direction of her Lab.

Getting there it was still quite messy as she couldn't keep none of her working places straightened up at any time, but on the other hand she was extremely zealous in all other places in her home, her problem was with the work stuff. She put her lab coat on and sat in front of her computer to check her test schedule for today. A little alarm program she had designed to learn about newcomers from the Mirror Room started beeping a red light through her computer screen as soon as she sat in front of it. She sat there as if to sense or in this case remember something. 'Oh more work. Nice. Where are them?' She thought as she looked for something among her desk's drawers, something the alters would need.
                    Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 11 January 2007, 01:52 PM.

Comment

<<Base: Natasha and Rachel's lab and Mirror Room >>

Natasha found the little devices she was looking for at the second shelf of the lab's storage closet. She closed her eyes, thinking 'How many of these do I take to the Mirror Room?' After a moment, she opened her eyes again, decided. She placed 12 devices in a tray arranged in a retangular pattern and closed the closet again securing it with her password.

She left the lab with the tray in her hands, letting the safe lock of the room do the job of closing it for her. She took the stairs to get there faster without having to wait for elevator. It was just two floors anyway. When she entered the Mirror Room, she saw her football team of alters talking to SG-8. She overheard some of it as she got close. Her lab coat floating in the air due to her fast pacing, let them see the simple clothing she was wearing underneath it: a pair of light blue pants and blouse and simple closed black leather boots.

Originally posted by Somnium View Post
                      Thinking out loud with the conversation going on around them Harvey asked "who is Dr. Bystronski, and what are these gadgets we're waiting on?"
                      "That would be me actually. Dr. Natasha Bystronski, base chief scientist." She answered to Harvey in a good mood, poiting at herself with her left hand and holding the tray with her right one. She liked to meet with alters, they always brought her interesting technical challenges to solve. "And these are the gadgets you were waiting on." She replied, raising the tray she was carrying slightly.

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                      Ashwood
                      "We need to know, who is alive here?" she levelled her gaze at Pratt. "So we know who is going to go," she shaked her head for the effect, "you know, be affected by begin here."
                      "Now on to your question." Natasha said looking at Ashwood's position. "Actually that won't matter once you wear these devices at all times for as long as you stay in this reality." She said again raising the tray slightly. "They're called LGR and they'll basically create a DNA mask that won't allow this universe to be aware of your presence, eliminating the problem of ECF...Entropic Cascade Failure. So nothing to worry about." She said smiling to reassure the newcomers that everything was OK. "So each one of you can come here and take one. The device will do it's work once activated and for that all you have to do is press it against your skin, anywhere you feel comfortable. I assure you that it stings at placing but there'll be no more disconfort to you after that. Remember if you take the device off for any reason, you'll only have 24 hours to leave this reality before suffering the effects of ECF. So don't loose them." She said in a professional tone. "Also because we'd like to have them back." She added joking.

Each one of the alters came in her direction to take their LGR devices. When the group dispersed a little more because of this action, Natasha noticed someone among them and sighed deeply, trying to continue to be professional and leave her feelings aside. After all, they were alters and they were all going to leave as soon as their business here was over.

Once they all had their devices attached to the place of their choosing, she spoke again in the same professional tone, holding the tray now empty pressed against her belly. "So if you have any technical questions, you can ask me. If it's more general, you can ask Sharp, our Sharp I mean. Will go meet him as soon as a new team arrives to relieve SG-8 in guarding the Mirror Room to escort us. Standard procedure. You can stand down now. They're not our twins from the evil universe. It's OK." She said the last sentences to Pratt.

((OOC - Hope it's OK. I can edit, but I thought further explanation should come after their input.))
                      Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 11 January 2007, 12:13 PM.

Comment

(Base-Natasha and Rachael's Lab--mirror room)

Rachael got off the elevator and found Natasha was already gone, so were the LGR, "We must of had some more alters come through. I wonder who came this time." She grabbed her lab coat slipped it on and began to work.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

[Base: Office]

Cathy put the empty cup back on the tray and stood up. "This is ridiculous, Roma, he's fifteen minutes late. If he goes on like this, we're going to have the whole bleeding base queued up to see him."

"Just like old times, then, huh?" Roma smiled weakly, thinking of the days of people queued down the corridor to see the General. He had commanded so muh respect and, over the course of the past year and a half, had become like a father to many on the base. "Go easy on the guy, it's not been..."

"Roma, it's not a friggin' holiday camp," the grief counselor retorted. As much as she liked the bubbly little blonde, she wished she'd snap back into reality at times. "He's got a base to run and that's a huge responsibility. Part of that responsibility is showing up to his appointments on time. Colonel Sharp, this is Lt Commander Doherty. Will you please report to your office immediately," she bellowed into the intercom, ignoring Roma's protests. "I don't care what he's used to, Roma. He's going to learn how to run this base efficiently if it kills me."

Comment

[Alter Sharp- Halls/his office (Where the @#$ is that? rofl)]

Sharp walked down the hallway with a piss-poor mood on his face, he was clutching a bunch of reports. As he walked into his office he threw them on the desk.

(hmmm, now to have some fun with him..)
                            "Jesus christ!" He said turning around looking at Dorthy and Roma. "Are you kidding me? You cant wait five g----nm minutes? For crying out loud I love to wait, it prevents me from doing work!!!" He sat down in his chair and rubbed his temples, looking down.

"I swear to god..." He said looking up at his 'guests', "This ******* medicine, fricking doctors are gonna drive me insane....that and 3 hours of sleep." He closed his eyes and rolled his neck around. Then taking a deeep breath he looked back at them with a friendly look.

"What?"
                            Last edited by TameFarrar; 17 January 2007, 05:29 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp View Post
                              [B]#
                              "Jesus christ!" He said turning around looking at Dorthy and Roma. "Are you kidding me? You cant wait five g----nm minutes? For crying out loud I love to wait, it prevents me from doing work!!!" He sat down in his chair and rubbed his temples, looking down.

"I swear to god..." He said looking up at his 'guests', "This ******* medicine, fricking doctors are gonna drive me insane....that and 3 hours of sleep." He closed his eyes and rolled his neck around. Then taking a deeep breath he looked back at them with a friendly look.

"What?"
                              [base: office]
                              Cathy Doherty stood and straightened her jacket before picking up her bag and folders and following Sharp into the inner office. As she went, she shot Roma a warning look. With a stern look on her face, she sat herself, without invitation, into the seat in front of Sharp's desk, trying to ignore the decor of the room, vestiges of its previous occupant still adorning the walls.

"I can wait five minutes, Colonel, but I think twenty five is pushing it, especially given that today's slot is only an hour long," Cat told him coldly, the Irish lilt in her voice doing nothing to warm it. "I've had to charge all the way over from Altan to get here, leaving my baby with an incompetant baffoon, to have another turn up almost half an hour late to my appointment, without so much as a 'good morning, Caitriona'."

She sighed and opened her folder, clicking on the pen and crossing her legs so that she could rest on them to write. "So... how was the wake last night?" she asked conversationally, trying to judge his reaction.

Comment

Working...
                              X