X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies not to threatre, just DVD? :( lame

Woulda been better in theatre

It would not really have been better. It is better for Stargate to find out if there are enough, who want the movies and then go for a theatrical release with another movie.

Also here in my country there are not many people going to the cinema anymore, so it might be very risky to bring a movie into the theatres, otherwise Stargate maybe ends up like Star Trek: Nemesis.

Comment

Not so lame, actually. If the big extra bucks were paid to get the films to the silver screen, SO much money would be lost. Even if every Gater went to see it, there'd be even more who would see the trailer and shrug it off. Films only do go theatrically if they appeal to the masses.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

There would also be many who are going to download it, has it has happened to the Bond movie, which has been released lately.
        And if the DVD movies are released everywhere at the same time, there maybe won't be so many downloading it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
          There would also be many who are going to download it, has it has happened to the Bond movie, which has been released lately.
          And if the DVD movies are released everywhere at the same time, there maybe won't be so many downloading it.
          I can't believe you're that gullable. IMHO you'll have to wait a couple of days, a week tops and it will be all over the net...

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
            It would not really have been better. It is better for Stargate to find out if there are enough, who want the movies and then go for a theatrical release with another movie.

Also here in my country there are not many people going to the cinema anymore, so it might be very risky to bring a movie into the theatres, otherwise Stargate maybe ends up like Star Trek: Nemesis.
            NEMESIS WAS MY FAVORITE ST MOVIE!... I mean, they coulda did better with the villian. but other than that... I LOVED IT! God.. now i gotta watch it. Seriously..
            Spoiler:
            data dieing brings a tear to my eye lol

Theater release in the US is better. Also, direct to DVD movies dont do as well as theaters.This is because people believe them to be low budget and not worthy of company backing it. Very rare is it that a movie gets big without going to the big screen. By bringing it to the big screen you give it to a larger audience. Once it failes then you step it down to Direct DVD.. like the american pie series.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

1. Why does it matter if it's being released in theaters or on DVD? The method of release has nothing to do with the quallity of the story being told.
              2. A theatrical release would not end up like Star Trek: Nemesis. That movie bombed, because it was a bad movie released between Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings. The movie didn't stand a chance! It had nothing to do with a lack of interest.
              3. People are going to download regardless of weather it's released in theaters or on DVD.

Instead of whining about how it's not a theatrical release, why don't you be happy that we're getting two two-hour movies this fall?

Comment

Originally posted by HarSins View Post
                Woulda been better in theatre
                It should be shown on Skiffy as a event movie and then they should release the DVD.

I can't see outting it in the theater when viewership to the theater is down from a decade ago anyways. More people are staying hom and renting, buying, or downloading the movies now.

Watching it in a "home theater' would be grand--it would provide the effect that a theater gives off.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I think it should be released first on DVD and then shown on Scifi, because MGM is probably going to make more money, when doing this.

Comment

I know it sounds selfish but I really wouldn't want these movies aired on sci-fi ever, after the complete disrespect theyve shown stargate, they don't deserve to gain money from airing the movies.

Comment

I agree with you and I don't think it sounds selfish. After SciFi has done to Stargate they don't deserve to get any episodes or movies at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                        I know it sounds selfish but I really wouldn't want these movies aired on sci-fi ever, after the complete disrespect theyve shown stargate, they don't deserve to gain money from airing the movies.
                        Agree completely. Skiffy should be THE LAST channel on MGM's list of potential broadcasters.

Comment

Originally posted by nihela View Post
                          I can't believe you're that gullable. IMHO you'll have to wait a couple of days, a week tops and it will be all over the net...
                          How is that being gullable? Studies have shown that less people resort to downloading something they want to see when it is released at the same time everywhere. Ofcourse there would still be loads of people downloading, but there would be less than if the movie was released in the US a few months before everywhere else.

Comment

DVDs > Theatre these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                              Instead of whining about how it's not a theatrical release, why don't you be happy that we're getting two two-hour movies this fall?
                              ..one two hour movie. they shoot them one at a time. They only mentioned release and production on the first.

Also... I'd rather have 20 43 to 45 minute episodes.

I would go to see it in theater.... but it might take time for me to buy it on DVD. Im a theater person. Where I pay attention to each and every detail because I wont see it again for months, theres no interuptions, ect
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                              X