Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Characters in Line in the Sand (Spoilers for Line in the Sand within)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Characters in Line in the Sand (Spoilers for Line in the Sand within)

Well its about time we see a village with a female leader. Even an african-american actor playing that leader. I'm not being racist, I'm white, and even I became sick of the village leader all being portrayed by the same profile of actor. As in all things in life, variety is good. This applies to everything. Especially boxes of belgian chocolates.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Yeah it as refreshing to see a slightly different culture from what we are used too.

Even if the set was re-used, again, again.... and again.
    I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67 View Post
      Even if the set was re-used, again, again.... and again.
      I know. But seeing how this is the last season and all, I don't think they're going to be building any more SG-1 sets.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
        I know. But seeing how this is the last season and all, I don't think they're going to be building any more SG-1 sets.
        I reconized the set too but it doesnt bother me at all but I do agree the differnt village leaders was a nice touch.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Isn't it the same set they always use for villages in both SG-1 and Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Isn't it the same set they always use for villages in both SG-1 and Atlantis?
            Yup.

Comment

I thought the woman who played the leader was excellent as well. And, I agree, that it's refreshing to see a woman and a woman of color.

Yeah, the set was a bit dreary but I thought the guest actors were good, especially the lead guestie.

Great for AT to get some angst. I loved the whole file password/ah, Sam, now you're gonna have to change the password. And the macaroons.

I loved the Sam/Cam stuff, the Teal'c/village leader and the Vala/Tomin stuff. I sure did NOT see that coming when he backhanded her. I liked her response. I really wish he'd go with her. Wow...two in a row that I really enjoyed and that didn't annoy me in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
                I thought the woman who played the leader was excellent as well. And, I agree, that it's refreshing to see a woman and a woman of color.

Yeah, the set was a bit dreary but I thought the guest actors were good, especially the lead guestie.

Great for AT to get some angst. I loved the whole file password/ah, Sam, now you're gonna have to change the password. And the macaroons.

I loved the Sam/Cam stuff, the Teal'c/village leader and the Vala/Tomin stuff. I sure did NOT see that coming when he backhanded her. I liked her response. I really wish he'd go with her. Wow...two in a row that I really enjoyed and that didn't annoy me in any way.

I wonder what shes going to change the password too?

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post

I just wonder will Adria kill Tomin or leave him alive?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    I was hoping he'd some how weasel his way out of dying so he could perform some heroic act for SG-1 in the finale would of been a nice touch.

Or mabey make his own little resistance group like Teal'c did with with Jaffa only Tomin and some Ori soldiers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Hopefully she will spare him. If not, she'll pay for it in the end.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                        Well its about time we see a village with a female leader. Even an african-american actor playing that leader. I'm not being racist, I'm white, and even I became sick of the village leader all being portrayed by the same profile of actor. As in all things in life, variety is good. This applies to everything. Especially boxes of belgian chocolates.
                        The episode still perpetuated a Stargate stereotype: Old women have no place on Stargate.

I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that it was a woman who was the village leader for once. I didn't care much about her being black because Stargate's been pretty progressive when it comes to skin colour (though we rarely see anyone besides caucasians and black people).

But the female village elder was not as progressive as you might think. Because it's Stargate tradition that (almost) all women who appear on Stargate, especially those who acually have lines are young (below 40), supple, slim and/or good-looking.

All women who do not fit at least two of those criteria are seen once in every 10 blue moons or treated as wall-flower extras.

BTW, I doubt Tomin's dead. He's too important to have an off-screen death.

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67 View Post
                          I was hoping he'd some how weasel his way out of dying so he could perform some heroic act for SG-1 in the finale would of been a nice touch.

Or mabey make his own little resistance group like Teal'c did with with Jaffa only Tomin and some Ori soldiers?
                          That's what I'm hoping too.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Hopefully she will spare him. If not, she'll pay for it in the end.
                            Indeed she will Vala would break her damn neck.

Comment

Poor Teal'c. He's been tortured so many times in the last two seasons... the Lucian Alliance, Ba'al, the Ori... Is he the only one allowed to be tortured?

Comment

Working...
                              X