Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussing the upcoming changes (S3 and S4 Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussing the upcoming changes (S3 and S4 Spoilers)

Atlantis is starting to sink just as it was hitting its stride? All these Season 4 announcements: Amanda joining the cast, Torri's reduced role, Paul getting written out and Paul and Joe becoming the showrunners...

It seems everythings going into a downward spiral next year and it happens just as I was really starting to love this show.

Anyone agree? Or disagree?

Mod addition

This thread has been merged from several threads. It's topic is to dicuss - meaning both pro and con - the upcoming changes in a general manner. It is NOT an off-shoot of the 'we want to keep torri' thread, nor is it an offshoot of 'we want sam' thread, nor is it an offshoot of 'we want beckett' thread, nor is it an offshoot of 'we're glad carson and weir are gone'

IT IS FOR GENERAL DISCUSSION OF THE UPCOMING CHANGES

So please, keep your comments in a general manner. Welcome opinions from all sides and tolerate them. If this thread turns into a copy of an existing one, i'll just get closed or merged, so please keep it on topic and have fun discussing
    Last edited by Skydiver; 26 January 2007, 01:57 PM.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Disagree completely.

Those are backstage stuff; we have yet to see how they will translate onscreen. I'll remain optimistic, for now, especially with the talk of a major shift in the storyarcs and stuff like that for Season 4.

Can't wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
      Atlantis is starting to sink just as it was hitting its stride? All these Season 4 announcements: Amanda joining the cast, Torri's reduced role, Paul getting written out and Paul and Joe becoming the showrunners...

It seems everythings going into a downward spiral next year and it happens just as I was really starting to love this show.

Anyone agree? Or disagree?
      To be honest I have mix feeling about all this, but the only way we'll really see how these changes are going to unfold is to just wait to season 4, but I agree with most of your post.

Personally I don't have issue with change at all its just that to many things are thrown at us so it's going to take just a bit of time to adjust.

For me the the Weir news is what got me pissed off more than anything but then again I guess I have to wait for next season to really see what kind of impact it reallly has on me for now I'm just going to go into denial.
      sigpic

Comment

Disagree. I have no idea what season 4 will be like. For all I know it could be absolutely marvellous. I certainly will tune in to see for myself. The cast changes are concerning, especially Beckett's dismissal. The Weir reduced role, well we'll just have to wait and see exactly how that translates into the show. I would be concerned if Atlantis was going to be militarised in some ways, and that Weir was basically out of a job, whether that's because she's sacked or missing in action. However, to be honest, I believe the US military would've gone down the military route as soon as they found out about the Wraith anyway. So, who knows?
        For me, the show is very much about my favourite character. As long as he's in it - I'll watch. I hope I'll be blown away by season 4.
        Last edited by Linzi; 17 January 2007, 02:30 AM. Reason: I can't spell!
        sigpic

Comment

The writers better do a hell of a good job with Season 4. I'm pissed off with the news about Paul and Torri. I don't mind Amanda going over to Atlantis, but it doesn't seem right. Time to time, sure. But 14 episodes...maybe a tad too much. But let's see how things go

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
            The writers better do a hell of a good job with Season 4. I'm pissed off with the news about Paul and Torri. I don't mind Amanda going over to Atlantis, but it doesn't seem right. Time to time, sure. But 14 episodes...maybe a tad too much. But let's see how things go
            I agree, way too many.

1 is ok, 2-3 is scretching it, anything over is overkill.

Comment

I agree. Although I really hate alot of the things that are going on. I myself, and I think everyone else here should give the producers the benefit of the doubt. We should at least give them a chance before completely writing off the 4th season as crap.
              These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                I agree. Although I really hate alot of the things that are going on. I myself, and I think everyone else here should give the producers the benefit of the doubt. We should at least give them a chance before completely writing off the 4th season as crap.
                While I've never claimed that season 4 is destined to be crap, you have to admit that season 4 will be different. So different that it might become a completely different show.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                  While I've never claimed that season 4 is destined to be crap, you have to admit that season 4 will be different. So different that it might become a completely different show.
                  Well honestly. That is to be expected. I mean look, with SG-1 gone. Atlantis will be the flag-ship of the franchaise. It will become Stargate. From the producer's point of view, they would need a minor reset. Put everything in order. A reset is really, a must-have.
                  These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Folks, give it a chance okay? I am an avid Sg1 fan and gutted about its cancellation. However, Sam is my favourite character and please, give her a fair hearing. Her and McKay do work well. It's a complete hate/love relationship. I enjoy Weir's performance in Atlantis and am sorry that she is stepping back, but look on the bright side, you lot still have your show, us SG1 fans have lost our fight, so please try and be supportive.
                    Samsnares

Comment

I've got a mixed set of feelings really...

Sam and Rodney work well in past one off episodes, but I really have grown to like Mckay on his own and think his character has evolved superbly. I honestly think Sam will tread on his toes if TPTB portray her as the usual overwhelming brilliant one with Mckay snapping at her heels. I thought the "competing minds who argue as they work together, but on ocasion to do something wonderous" routine was covered by Rodney and Zelenka?

Its a shame they couldn't get Daniel over to Atlantis to fill the void we have in the cast for a wide eyed culture buff. Instead, were filling a role thats already filled by bringing Sam over. Daniel would have opened up so many more storylines and possible directions for the show.

Carson leaving was pretty badly done, Its a shame we dont know more about why he left. He was a very underused and underdeveloped character with much potential. Sad really.

As for Weir, I think a reduced role wouldn't be so bad. Sometimes she has pointless appearances as if she spends her time wandering about looking for a scene. If they can relax her screentime and make good use of the character when she is needed then I can accept it.

Apologies for spelling, writing and eating breakfast at same time.

Comment

i agree that atlantis was just hitting its stride (especially that family feeling), and i have many reservations for season 4, gutted that carson is gone, weir being reduced, and hate carter..but ill give it a try, well as long as they dont suddenly surprise me tomorrow by announcing theyve got rid of sheppard too/reducing his role and suddenly mitchell is coming over to guest star in 14 episodes *la la la*.....season 4 will make or break this show.

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

i agree completely but don't have time to explain as i'm late for work lol
                          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by samsnares View Post
                            Folks, give it a chance okay? I am an avid Sg1 fan and gutted about its cancellation. However, Sam is my favourite character and please, give her a fair hearing.
                            I love Sam, she is my favorite character on SG-1. However, in response to asking people to give her a fair shot, seems a little off. Many viewers already know who Sam is, so it's not really a matter of giving the character a fair shot, it's knowing who she is and having some objections to how frequently she will be appearing in SGA.

Some are thrilled. Some were okay with it when it was just a "few" episodes. Some were never okay with it and are a bit disheartened that characters from SG-1 are continually being pressed into SGA when they were suppose to be relatively separate programs.

Some may be pleasantly surprised and for some, it may turn out exactly as expected.

Her and McKay do work well. It's a complete hate/love relationship.
                            Everyone sees the dynamic between these two differently. Some see it as you do, some see it has irritating, some are completely indifferent. Some are concerned that the focus will be on Sam and take away from the cast that they already loved. Someone's favorite character being pushed aside for yet another addition.

I enjoy Weir's performance in Atlantis and am sorry that she is stepping back, but look on the bright side, you lot still have your show, us SG1 fans have lost our fight, so please try and be supportive.
                            Samsnares
                            No one still knows the reasons behind Weir's fate. The actress may be stepping back on her own, or maybe she is being pushed back. Perhaps some will still have their show, but for others, it is not longer their show. Many fans continue to be supportive, and many are now pulling back their support. Why should one be supportive of a show that no longer entertains them?

Comment

I change I could have handled, but let me see

Bye bye Beckett
                              Hello Keller
                              Hello Ellis
                              Hello Carter
                              Bye bye Weir

Bye bye Wraith
                              Hello Repli...Asurans

Coupled with the behind the scenes producers and writers moving around like musical chairs...

I *hope* s4 is good...but I don't think it'll be a patch on s3.

S3 has been such a BIG improvement, but with yet more cast changes (which IMO were the reason for a weak 2nd season)...

Sorry...too much, too soon.
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                              X