This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis' leadership in s4 - Spoilers and speculation

The Militarization of Atlantis, what do u think???

Joe Flanigan has hinted a 'new direction' for the show and Dr Weir being demoted from main character to recurring it suggests that role will not be as important. Plus our favourite military scientist Sam Carter showing up with own ship and the new S3 finale character Col. Ellis with the Apollo.

Your thoughts.....
    Carter
    19.44%
    Weir
    70.70%
    Someone else
    9.86%
    WereWraith06

<<<I have watched you play with those who would play GOD<<<

A Random but Cool Quote:
    Spoiler:
    If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
    - Bertrand Russell

Originally posted by WereWraith06 View Post

Joe Flanigan has hinted a 'new direction' for the show and Dr Weir being demoted from main character to recurring it suggests that role will not be as important. Plus our favourite military scientist Sam Carter showing up with own ship and the new S3 finale character Col. Ellis with the Apollo.

Your thoughts.....
    Leituenant (or Captain as I like to hope now) Hailey stands as my favourite...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Your thoughts.....
      Spoiler warning springs to mind...

Comment

in terms of leaderships but certainly i think the atlantis team will be more militarised now that sam is going to be there, hopefully they'll exploit her more for military aspects as they have rodney for the science stuff

Comment

Sorry bout the soilers. It been ages since i posted anything.
          WereWraith06

<<<I have watched you play with those who would play GOD<<<

A Random but Cool Quote:
          Spoiler:
          If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
          - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I wouldn't really like this, if it's going to be like that the US army will be running everything again and the international people in Atlantis are going to be made obselete imo, that's the only aspect I like more about Atlantis than Sg-1, that it's an international expedition.

Comment

My first thought when I heard about the "new direction" (which was reinforced by Weir being demoted) was that Sheppard and his people will be seperated from Atlantis for whatever reason with Weir and Earth still running Atlantis. I would think that this was a good Idea except that ist not SG: Sheppard's Team, its Atlantis. This sound like a better Idea for SG-1 if they wanted to have a long arch (and it was renewed) To have SG-1 seperated from the SGC. Though with ships, it seems like it wouldn't be possible for this senario to play out on either show.

Perfecto!

Comment

But you have to keep in mind recent events have changed the purpose of Atlantis or at least the purpose ofthe people there. The expedition originally wasn't designed to fight new enemies, it was to learn about the Ancients and their technology. Now with all the enemies that the Atlantis expedition has made it's in the best interests of Earth to militarize the city since it's the perfect base of operations in enemy territory.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

It was the civilian and international aspect in Atlantis that drew me to the show. It was different than what we got each week in SG-1 which is solely military orientated.

If the show looses that aspect for some reason, I don't think I'll enjoy watching it in the same capacity as I do now. I might like it in a way, but there's just the same possibility that I don't like it.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I dont know about that but i wouldlike to see reynolds in atlantis
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      Leituenant (or Captain as I like to hope now) Hailey stands as my favourite...
                      Lieutenant Jennifer Hailey is also my favorite military scientist. I would like HER on Atlantis or in the Daedalus crew.

Comment

Your thoughts.....
                        It's the ****. Even if it's an international army.
                        I hope it's a temporary measure.

If it's all about the US army taking control of the city, this will pose a load of problems to the other nations in the know.

The discovery of Atlantis has been the fruit of several nations' efforts, and largely due to the knowledge of civilians, not solely due to the firepower of the US army.

But I guess it's easier for the army to seize control of the city now that there aren't many civilians left in it anyway, especially since the Athosians and many other refugees have left.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I believe it should go military. What type of "expedition" send a group of scientist with guards to a foreigh galaxy with the potential of never returning in the first place and places it under UN control? I thought the whole project being headed by a civvie was insane to begin with.

I do like Wier as a character but not as a leader. Wier should have been Teyls to begin with. She was a peace treaty negt. Teyla and Wier are essentially the same as far as liason goes. Wier should have been thier Daniel Jackson and Teyla should still be heading her people. By taking Teyla away from her people we know little about them.

I found Wier heading the SGC to be plain retarted (meaning slowing) as far as the plot of SG-1 went. I soon relaized it was to intro us to the new leader of the expedition.

The expedition never should have been set up under the UN when the US militray was off course providing security. Where was the NATO and UN forces. The UN should have headed security in such a case. There needed to be a military aspect to the leadership of SGA from the begining.
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

It's mostly under US control. The IOA just rubber stamps what O'Niel wants. Now that Woosley is more on our side, What O'niel wants is what is done. O'niel said next time bring carter.. they brought carter. With they enemies piling up, the Military will take partial control, if not all. But all the international people will stay. Hell, they'll use the rainbow army(thats multinational, so multiflags means multi colors, means rainbow)
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              It was the civilian and international aspect in Atlantis that drew me to the show. It was different than what we got each week in SG-1 which is solely military orientated.

If the show looses that aspect for some reason, I don't think I'll enjoy watching it in the same capacity as I do now. I might like it in a way, but there's just the same possibility that I don't like it.
                              I agree!
                              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                              Individuality is freedom lived.
                              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Working...
                              X