• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Day In the Life (315)

Visit the Episode GuideBATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON THREE
    A DAY IN THE LIFE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 315

On his wedding anniversary, Bill Adama is haunted by the memory of his late wife and the fate of their marriage. Tyrol and Callie are trapped in a compartment with an oxygen leak.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 04:58 PM.

Absolutly loved this episode. The interaction between Starbuck and Apollo was almost as if the quadrangle had never existed, very season one-like, and altogether really good moments for Lee, probably the best of him we've seen in awhile. And pilots! We got to see Hotdog, etc. again, bout time for that as well.

And about time we got an Adama-centric story! Really liked pretty much every aspect of that (except the part near the end where his wife was yelling at him- her voice was quite.....grateing).

And the Chief/Cally story was wayyy better then the preview made it look; it's nice to see a marriage on Galactica that is surviving and getting through it's issues without the excessive angst.

And there were a few much-needed very funny moments in the ep as well.

Comment

I agree Trek Girl about the interactions between Lee and Kara, the two of them sparkle together. Still perplexed as to why Dee is still in the picture. The scene between Lee and dualla was so wooden and unbalanced when compared to the Lee/Kara interactions in this same episode.

Tyrol & Cally together with Karl and Sharon seem to be the only two marriages that seem 'normal'. A great balance between the weirdness that is the Lee/dualla and Kara/Sam relationships.

The peek into the backstory of Admiral Adama's personal life was fascinating and disturbing. The layers of complexity on this show are quite remarkable.

Comment

And i thought last weeks episode was bad. This was just plain boring. It has been a while since I have seen a good battlestar

Comment

Originally posted by Vienna View Post
          Tyrol & Cally together with Karl and Sharon seem to be the only two marriages that seem 'normal'. A great balance between the weirdness that is the Lee/dualla and Kara/Sam relationships.
          Whoops- forgot Helo and Sharon, I agree, their relationship is another really nice one to watch. Same with Adama and Roslin, also really nice scenes tonight.

A lack of Baltar in the ep! Normally, I would have been disappointed, his story being one of the most engageing at the moment, but this episode was so good that I actually didn't miss him (and didn't really think about his lack of appearence until it was over).

Comment

I like Tyrol and Callie, but I'm with George- I thought the ep was dull. I didn't feel a whole lot of suspense and the secondary storyline about Adama's wedding anniversary kinda grated.

Next week's ep looks like a serious WTF. I actually wondered if it was a flashback to New Caprica. And while I know that previews can be misleading, we just HAD a Tyrol ep, do we really need another one immediately after?

Ah well. Maybe there'll be more to it than it seems.

Comment

Kudos, they did their homework concerning vacuum exposure, at least as far as Adama's quoted figure.

I, for one, don't the least bit mind slower episodes. People don't realize it, but these are the episodes that make the show involve humans, not characters. These episodes add the needed depth to the gripping, action packed episodes everyone drools over, making them something more than just another canned sci-fi. So, I found it a relatively enjoyable episode overall.

Except for Lee/Dee. Dee, you can go fix the next airlock, mm k? Raptor pilots, why don't you take five, we won't need you. *Pro-story, Anti-Quad*

I discovered today how much I adore McCreary's "Roslin and Adama" theme, even if i stay away from all that 'shipper' business. What a treat to hear it in tonight's episode.
              "I disagree with what you say and I will deny, to your death, your right to say it." -Bucky Katt

sigpic

Comment

all I realy have to say is

OMG Lee/Kara interaction that doesnt involve the quadangle *gasp*

that little convosation they had... was very season 1ish and i *gasp* enjoyed it!

loved the Adama/roslin scenes... it still perplexes me how they can write A/R realy well yet they write such tripe as that quadangle

its nice the see character interactions that didnt suck

Comment

Okay, outside of Adama's sad scenes with his ex-wife and the "OMGjustKISSheralready!!!" scene at the end between Adama and Roslin I wasn't all that interested in this episode. I never felt any concern for Tyrol and Callie and their plotline ended too soon for this episode and didn't really tie in with Adama's anniversary plotline. And now Lee is a product of an abusive household? Well no wonder he has a thing for Kara - she has a lot in common with his mom. Eeesh...

Lee and Kara not sharing those dumb sneaky looks behind their spouses' backs? Lee and Dee still getting along? Wow RDM, you're giving me the impression that the shippy quad is really done. Please don't be leading me on.

Filler is one thing, but it's been three episodes with all this talk about how big Baltar's trial will be and yet no real progress made in that plotline. And what have we had in the meantime? Shippy quad mess, Helo's halo gets bigger, and Adama can't let go of his ex-wife. It's not horrid, awful TV but neither is it the powerful, emotional BSG I'm used to.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                    And i thought last weeks episode was bad. This was just plain boring. It has been a while since I have seen a good battlestar
                    I agree. It wasn't a bad episode because it was just a snore. Last week was just weak and very bad.

And people still complain about only getting 13 episodes?

And as much as I hate the love square it's like it never happened and that Starbuck isn't married and that Lee isn't married. This feels like it could be a season 1 episode that was "lost". Very poor. This is season 3, not season one. Acting like it is season one makes the last 20 episodes pointless.

Comment

What was up with Hotdog's rash? haahahaha

"Hope she was worth it dude..." *moves to next seat*

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Was there a bonus scene tonight, and if there was, does anyone have a youtube link?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                            What was up with Hotdog's rash? haahahaha

"Hope she was worth it dude..." *moves to next seat*
                            Don't forget the "rub hands on pants" part... Remember that long handshake thing? LMAO

Excellent episode tonite.

I wonder if Bill was haunted by old memories or is he... *cue dramatic music*

PROJECTING!!!???

Could he be one of the final five? Are the writers dropping us hints? Is he gonna *bleep* Rosilin soon? Ahem...

The opening scene, for a second there I thought Bill was getting some, turned out just his day dreams... Well at least we now know he's not a total monk.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
                              Don't forget the "rub hands on pants" part... Remember that long handshake thing? LMAO

Excellent episode tonite.

I wonder if Bill was haunted by old memories or is he... *cue dramatic music*

PROJECTING!!!???

Could he be one of the final five? Are the writers dropping us hints? Is he gonna *bleep* Rosilin soon? Ahem...

The opening scene, for a second there I thought Bill was getting some, turned out just his day dreams... Well at least we now know he's not a total monk.
                              my first thought when i saw it ... other then that ... welcome fastforwarding ... it was too obvious that Chief and Cally will survive and make up - it was just too convenient ... as for Balter's trial .. either start it or STFU about it

i know BSG is drama, but lately it's too much of drama ... best part? no quad (and if that's the best part, then there isn't much to say, is it)
                              VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Working...
                              X