PDA

View Full Version : The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Southern Red
August 1st, 2007, 04:06 AM
Anti times 2000!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/3.gif

and http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif to you all.

crazylizzie
August 1st, 2007, 05:09 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/sign2.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/sign3.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/sign4.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/candle.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/tealc-pancarte04.gif

yes ma'am!

and... no nifty icons and things but... use your imagination now....

*shouts loudly*

yeah!!! congrats you all... the best eva! :D

*shouting so loud several coworkers choked on their coffee this morning* ;)

Suzotchka
August 1st, 2007, 05:09 AM
YAY! 2,000!!

*Hugs to all anti's*

Anuna
August 1st, 2007, 06:30 AM
*hugs antis*

Happy 2000 posts and anti green for everyone!!!

Celcool
August 1st, 2007, 08:23 AM
To think the season didn't even start yet and we already had 2000 anti-things to say. Something really is wrong.

Congrats, I guess. I'd rather celebrate 2000 pro-posts, as would we all, I presume but we don't have a reason to.

Bravo antis!!! Greenfest!!

Anuna
August 1st, 2007, 08:31 AM
I agree, I wish there were more pro things to look forward to. But it's nice to have a place where you can rant without being sushed or censored - we need it.

Celcool
August 1st, 2007, 08:38 AM
Hi everyone,
I've decided to mail a letter to the different PTB. I want to make it concise, coherent, and passionate and not too long. I would appreciate any suggestions on what points to emphasize.

Maybe we could each write a quick letter or a post card expressing our greivances with Cooper and Wright. It would have more impact.

Anyways, this anger about their misogny has been boiling in me for a long time and it's about time SciFi recognized that they are pissing off a lot of women in their audience. I think writing this letter will finally let me say goodbye to Stargate and hopefully, SciFi could try some new producers/writers. I'm sure that there are a lot of hungry, creative people waiting at the door. Maybe the next Joss Whedon.

Thanks in advance for your help.
You could go through 2000 of anti posts here and find some things but since that would be too tedious I can try to give a few points.

- a mistake of writing out Elizabeth and Carson, plus adding Carter
- writers turning SGA to SG-1, by making the changes they're taking out what made Atlantis unique
- writers should try harder at their job, write better scripts, stories that will hold the audience, not firing actors who loved their job, worked hard for 3 years and then been dumped through no fault of their own
- show more respect to the fans who support the show, buy the merchandise, contribute to the ratings

What else? *thinking*

Anuna
August 1st, 2007, 08:44 AM
Hmm I think you pretty much summed it up. Add that we don't want Atlantis turned into 'boys with toys' show. And it seems that they are certainly taking that approach.

mcbarr
August 1st, 2007, 09:08 AM
Hmm I think you pretty much summed it up. Add that we don't want Atlantis turned into 'boys with toys' show. And it seems that they are certainly taking that approach.

http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_l.jpg

Do I need to say anything?

Suzotchka
August 1st, 2007, 09:13 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_l.jpg

Other then that's the worst cover I've ever seen?

Anuna
August 1st, 2007, 09:15 AM
*headdesk*

Where is Carson??????

crazylizzie
August 1st, 2007, 09:16 AM
*growls*

lizzy doesnt even like guns. :(

stclare
August 1st, 2007, 09:19 AM
Other then that's the worst cover I've ever seen?

what on Earth have they done to David hewlett? hes like slimmed to nothing!! and change Ronan's hair to white and youve got the expression of a wraith :S

i noted that there was no commentary's from David hewlett and the other cast on the dvd this time. they were my fave parts of the last 2 dvd sets. from memory i think it was just the writters and directors....sorry to say but thats pretty boring by comparison :( unless you guys have seen something different? please begs on knees....:o

Anuna
August 1st, 2007, 09:19 AM
Exactly. Is that cover based upon "Submersion"?? And yup, boys with toys strike again. And speaking of toys, since when Mckay likes guns?? And why doesn't teyla have a gun? oh, so we could see her stomach.

stclare
August 1st, 2007, 09:21 AM
*headdesk*

Where is Carson??????

think blue skies fluffy clouds.....:)

dont worry next seasons set will be all about Carter and Keller...im sure they will be front and centre - me im not bitter i just swollowed 20 lemmings oops i mean lemmons ;)

Anuna
August 1st, 2007, 09:27 AM
think blue skies fluffy clouds.....:)

dont worry next seasons set will be all about Carter and Keller...im sure they will be front and centre - me im not bitter i just swollowed 20 lemmings oops i mean lemmons ;)

I hope you're not related to McKay!!! :P

Heaven
August 1st, 2007, 09:31 AM
I'm so not buying this boxset :S

stclare
August 1st, 2007, 09:36 AM
I hope you're not related to McKay!!! :P

no, not yet although he can take me up the aisle anyday (oh my god i cant believe i let myself post that)

:):)

Anuna
August 1st, 2007, 09:39 AM
:D Just make sure noone gives him lemon juice or lemon cake or lemon chicken.... okay, back to anti talk.

Suzotchka
August 1st, 2007, 09:47 AM
*growls*

lizzy doesnt even like guns. :(

I think that's what irritates me the most. Lizzie does NOT use guns!! And Teyla, who should be holding a gun - isn't!

And I think they stuck Rodney's head on Carson's body.

And John looks like he's 16.

:(

Anuna
August 1st, 2007, 09:54 AM
I think that's what irritates me the most. Lizzie does NOT use guns!! And Teyla, who should be holding a gun - isn't!

And I think they stuck Rodney's head on Carson's body.

And John looks like he's 16.

:(

they certainly writhe him that way lately!!! Argh.

crazylizzie
August 1st, 2007, 09:54 AM
lol! you might be right... rodney's body is a little strange

mcbarr
August 1st, 2007, 10:36 AM
Who cares about nerdy McKay? Now SGA is chicks and guns for the wrestling fans, or so it seems.

crazylizzie
August 1st, 2007, 10:50 AM
*shudders*

will have nightmares at such thoughts

parisindy
August 1st, 2007, 10:59 AM
You could go through 2000 of anti posts here and find some things but since that would be too tedious I can try to give a few points.

- a mistake of writing out Elizabeth and Carson, plus adding Carter
- writers turning SGA to SG-1, by making the changes they're taking out what made Atlantis unique
- writers should try harder at their job, write better scripts, stories that will hold the audience, not firing actors who loved their job, worked hard for 3 years and then been dumped through no fault of their own
- show more respect to the fans who support the show, buy the merchandise, contribute to the ratings

What else? *thinking*

I think teamwork needs to be discussed... how the show sort more worldly... people from other countries, civilian run etc "we don't leave our people behind' etc...and tptb couldn't live up to the motto's in their own show.

Falcon Horus
August 1st, 2007, 02:22 PM
*prays the cover for the R2-DVD will be different*

*PLING* (sound of proverbial lightbulb)

I could design my own cover... Eureka!

And happy anti-2000 posts to everyone! :D

parisindy
August 1st, 2007, 03:04 PM
*PLING* (sound of proverbial lightbulb)

I could design my own cover... Eureka!

And happy anti-2000 posts to everyone! :D

EXCELLENT! :D

parisindy
August 1st, 2007, 03:06 PM
]http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_l.jpg[/IMG]

glad liz is there but where is carson?

i think shep looks good but agreed ronan and meredith look odd

Falcon Horus
August 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM
Oh, and the Wraith poking his head around the corner is gone too. I loved that little touch. Actually, to be quite honest it's too photoshopped. They overdid it a bit ... a lot. And they most certainly chose the wrong images.

parisindy
August 1st, 2007, 03:26 PM
the colours are definitely odd

mcbarr
August 1st, 2007, 03:35 PM
Oh, and the Wraith poking his head around the corner is gone too.

Yup, Cart, oops, the Wraith disappeared... :D

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4866/s3dvdsmr0.jpg

Falcon Horus
August 1st, 2007, 03:51 PM
That cover is sooooooo much better quality.

Ruined_puzzle
August 1st, 2007, 04:06 PM
There's a poll about s4 and wether you will watch or not
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=45910

Vote as you wish. ;)

nowvoyager908
August 1st, 2007, 04:24 PM

Vote as you wish. ;)

I voted. My head tells me to give SGA a chance (at least Elizabeth's four and Carson's two episodes), but my heart has had enough, so number 9 it is for me.

Oh and BTW, just wanted to congratulate my fellow antis on the big 2.0.0.0. Nicely done everyone. :weiranime17:

parisindy
August 1st, 2007, 06:47 PM
Yup, Cart, oops, the Wraith disappeared... :D

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4866/s3dvdsmr0.jpg[/IMG]

AWESOME TRULY! Its really pretty!

Vote as you wish. ;)

going to vote...i will not be watching the show as it stands today

parisindy
August 1st, 2007, 07:23 PM
*phew* back to safty

alright i voted 10 but it was really 9 and 10... catch 22

mcbarr
August 1st, 2007, 08:05 PM
For me, it was 2 and 3. I chose 2. Frak Carter! :) We may vote differently, but we're united in our antiness (and we all know why ;)).

parisindy
August 1st, 2007, 08:32 PM
For me, it was 2 and 3. I chose 2. Frak Carter! :) We may vote differently, but we're united in our antiness (and we all know why ;)).

Cause the people in here are good eggs? ((((((((hugs)))))))) :D

Anuna
August 1st, 2007, 11:46 PM
I think teamwork needs to be discussed... how the show sort more worldly... people from other countries, civilian run etc "we don't leave our people behind' etc...and tptb couldn't live up to the motto's in their own show.

Well I'm one of those who was really happy to see international team and a civilian leader. That was such a nice change from american army team being in a spot light all the time. And now we're getting USAF officer to lead Atlantis. What happened to civilian leadership? Oh, it wasn't cool *slaps her head*

Oh, and the Wraith poking his head around the corner is gone too. I loved that little touch. Actually, to be quite honest it's too photoshopped. They overdid it a bit ... a lot. And they most certainly chose the wrong images.

Well there are bunch of people around this forum who could do it better!! Yeah - too photoshopped, all of them look somehow... artificial. The other one is a LOT better.

Oh yeah, I woted for number 2.

Celcool
August 2nd, 2007, 04:06 AM
Well I'm one of those who was really happy to see international team and a civilian leader. That was such a nice change from american army team being in a spot light all the time. And now we're getting USAF officer to lead Atlantis. What happened to civilian leadership? Oh, it wasn't cool *slaps her head*

It was too cool for those guys. Being different from others, uniqueness, is something that's too cool for them, they can't appreciate something like that obviously, they have to change it into a copy of something (=SG-1). :S

mcbarr
August 2nd, 2007, 06:01 AM
It was too cool for those guys. Being different from others, uniqueness, is something that's too cool for them, they can't appreciate something like that obviously, they have to change it into a copy of something (=SG-1). :S

A bad copy, in fact. :)

Anuna
August 2nd, 2007, 06:18 AM
Guys, have you read that excerpt of DH's interview - it's on PRO Elizabeth thread. I mean... Carter being exactly what Atlantis needs?? WTF? :S

mcbarr
August 2nd, 2007, 06:27 AM
Carter is exactly what Atlantis needs to be canceled (IMHO, of course).

Anuna
August 2nd, 2007, 06:31 AM
Well, too many cast changes in a short time may result in that.

Celcool
August 2nd, 2007, 08:37 AM
Guys, have you read that excerpt of DH's interview - it's on PRO Elizabeth thread. I mean... Carter being exactly what Atlantis needs?? WTF? :S
That's David Hewlett for ya. I wouldn't expect him to say otherwise.

crazylizzie
August 2nd, 2007, 08:43 AM
really? why not?

Celcool
August 2nd, 2007, 08:54 AM
really? why not?
He's always gushing about Tapping. Also I don't imagine him ever saying that he doesn't like something about the show.

Anuna
August 2nd, 2007, 08:54 AM
He is not allowed? Oh i just read your answer Celcool. I agree.

crazylizzie
August 2nd, 2007, 08:59 AM
He's always gushing about Tapping. Also I don't imagine him ever saying that he doesn't like something about the show.

too true... but you know, pink slips :S

stclare
August 2nd, 2007, 10:06 AM
it is sad though that the cast and writters ect feel the need to continue in the vain of bigging up carter without balancing this out with some nice words about weir or any one, whos you know, an original cast member.

but i also believe that dh is a stand up guy who would never say anything bad about a fellow cast/crew mate.. they all seem to like and believe in these changes so theres never gonna be any agreement with our worries from that corner. ;)

they we feel about season 4 im afraid will not affect the outcome of whats already happened and i firmly believe that even at the remote chance that ratings drop when season 4 airs they (tptb) would never get rid of the new and bring back the old.

this is sga now. we only have our off buttons to erase the bitter taste left in our mouths. the question for me will be how bitter it realy is. do i watch the weir eps the non carter ones or do i just catch an ep at random.

:cool:

peace and all that jazz (god i wish i had an icon of jazz hands) (oops random)

Anuna
August 2nd, 2007, 10:23 AM
they we feel about season 4 im afraid will not affect the outcome of whats already happened and i firmly believe that even at the remote chance that ratings drop when season 4 airs they (tptb) would never get rid of the new and bring back the old.

this is sga now. we only have our off buttons to erase the bitter taste left in our mouths. the question for me will be how bitter it realy is. do i watch the weir eps the non carter ones or do i just catch an ep at random.

:cool:

peace and all that jazz (god i wish i had an icon of jazz hands) (oops random)

*huggels Mitchell* I like that catchphrase!!!

Yeah, we have our off buttons. i like the SGA the way it was and I wnat to keep it in nice memory. That's why I won't allow that bad taste to enter my mouth - I simply won't watch it, and I'm not the only one.

PG15
August 2nd, 2007, 10:41 AM
it is sad though that the cast and writters ect feel the need to continue in the vain of bigging up carter without balancing this out with some nice words about weir or any one, whos you know, an original cast member.

Read this (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=45576).

flynn1959
August 2nd, 2007, 12:14 PM

I read it, and now I am off to buy myself a chocolate tea pot.:)

flynn1959
August 2nd, 2007, 12:20 PM

Having just re-watched the Peagasus Project episode of SG1 I am at a loss to explain why. Rodney is written as a lust filled idiot whenever he is around Carter. He becomes a joke of a character, if I was in any way tempted to tune in and watch season 4 all I need to do is remember this episode, and know why I think that Carter and Rodney together are a disaster.

PG15
August 2nd, 2007, 12:24 PM
I read it, and now I am off to buy myself a chocolate tea pot.:)

Nice. :rolleyes:

It's a shame when people let their hatred blind them from logic.

flynn1959
August 2nd, 2007, 12:43 PM
Nice. :rolleyes:

It's a shame when people let their hatred blind them from logic.

The post you directed us to had nothing at all to do with this thread, this is the anti season four thread, for complaints and misgivings ONLY.

I don't know where you get the hatred comment from, your rambling post was as much use TO THIS THREAD as a chocolate tea pot. i.e no use at all. You can't get around the rules by directing us to a positive post.

PG15
August 2nd, 2007, 12:49 PM
A little logic in misgivings won't hurt it.

Now, my post was very much in reply to stclare's statement that the market seems to be saturated with Carter-talk, and I was just pointing out that that has more to do with advertising bias than what TPTB actually says, which he/she is attributing it to. Nowhere did I say that he/she shouldn't dislike Carter or anything else, for that matter. That's the beauty of logic; it's neither pro nor anti.

mcbarr
August 2nd, 2007, 12:58 PM
Having just re-watched the Peagasus Project episode of SG1 I am at a loss to explain why. Rodney is written as a lust filled idiot whenever he is around Carter. He becomes a joke of a character, if I was in any way tempted to tune in and watch season 4 all I need to do is remember this episode, and know why I think that Carter and Rodney together are a disaster.

IMO, Carter and pretty much anyone else is a disaster because she will always be portrayed as superior in every aspect you can think of. That's kind of funny initially, but it gets quite old after 10 years. :S

flynn1959
August 2nd, 2007, 01:01 PM
A little logic in misgivings won't hurt it.

Now, my post was very much in reply to stclare's statement that the market seems to be saturated with Carter-talk, and I was just pointing out that that has more to do with advertising bias than what TPTB actually says, which he/she is attributing it to. Nowhere did I say that he/she shouldn't dislike Carter or anything else, for that matter. That's the beauty of logic; it's neither pro nor anti.

Well that all might be true IF your post had been logical, it wasn't, but here is not the place to get into that as it is OT.:)

flynn1959
August 2nd, 2007, 01:03 PM
IMO, Carter and pretty much anyone else is a disaster because she will always be portrayed as superior in every aspect you can think of. That's kind of funny initially, but it gets quite old after 10 years. :S

It got old for me around five years ago.:)

PG15
August 2nd, 2007, 01:04 PM
Somewhat true, so I'll leave it here.

Although, I would love to hear why it's not logical; perhaps you can provide me those reasons by posting on that thread I posted? I was looking for a debate, but all I got was a lot of people agreeing with me. ;)

crazylizzie
August 2nd, 2007, 01:45 PM

its not funny ever... its just annoying. i like well rounded characters and though i liked her well enough in the beginning (though mostly because of her interaction with jack) i got tired of it... its just, well i dont really care that she is brilliant, pretty, and a leader, and i know that they have tried to portray her as more human (see her long list of dismal relationships, which is a joke of a try but well...) but i have always felt more of a connection with the elizabeth character than i ever have with carter... i even call one by a surname and one by her first name, without thought actually.

i hesitate to say that real people are not perfect because, obviously, we are not talking about real life... but its a whole lot easier to identify and cheer for characters that appear more rl.

yep. ;)

parisindy
August 2nd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Somewhat true, so I'll leave it here.

Although, I would love to hear why it's not logical; perhaps you can provide me those reasons by posting on that thread I posted? I was looking for a debate, but all I got was a lot of people agreeing with me. ;)

PG15 I have a sincere question, with no ill will intended but if you don't like what we post
why come in here ? especially when the thread is clearly labeled.

In here we all have different opinions but get along fine. It does seem you are looking for a debate.

PG15
August 2nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
I just like to take a look at opposing views from my own; it's fun. :D

I wasn't looking for a debate really, just an explanation of a sort. Like I've said many many pages ago, I have zero problem with you guys being anti and talking about certain events in Season 4 that will be detrimental to the show; however, disliking a season doesn't mean being totally illogical, and sometimes that just gets to me.

parisindy
August 2nd, 2007, 07:18 PM
I just like to take a look at opposing views from my own; it's fun. :D

I wasn't looking for a debate really, just an explanation of a sort. Like I've said many many pages ago, I have zero problem with you guys being anti and talking about certain events in Season 4 that will be detrimental to the show; however, disliking a season doesn't mean being totally illogical, and sometimes that just gets to me.

but just because you think we are illogical doesn't mean we are...thats your opinion but the mocking doesn't really support the spirit of this thread

we all think different things here, but mocking someone because you think they are illogical isn't really cool.

and thats just my opinion..i just know if posted comments like that in the pro thread or on the gen threads i would get called on it, and be told i am not welcome.

you are welcome here i am just asking that people not make fun of someone else for their opinion.

Its nice having one civil thread.

I am not innocent i have done it to... but it would be nice if we could not do that here

just a friendly request

PG15
August 2nd, 2007, 08:38 PM
Well, I don't know if I've mocked anybody; that certainly wasn't the intention. I might have gently ribbed some of you and played up the fact that I'm sort of a fish out of water in this thread, but that's as far as it has gone, as far as I know. I do apologize if you did feel mocked though.

Really, by "illogic" I'm just saying to consider all the facts, look at the big picture, and most important...try not to come up with conspiracies. Things tend to look a tad brighter if you do this, maybe (i.e. the Carter "taking over" thing; surely you don't WANT her to take over? So why not see it from the angle that she is only appearing in all the promos and interviews because of advertising bias). I'm not trying to turn you pro or anything, but instead I'm trying (in my unique way ;)) to lessen your worries.

parisindy
August 2nd, 2007, 08:49 PM
i didn't feel you were mocking me i felt you were mocking someone else
and i do have a defensive streak in me

and i am not worried... season 4 will suck, thats out of my control

not worried just sad, that the show i loved is gone.. and yeah okay i'll say it... i'm bitter

as for the facts there are very few and we are just speculating as is everyone else

and even if sam plays a very minor role... its too much imho,

Heaven
August 2nd, 2007, 08:53 PM
PG15, that kind of wishful thinking is bad for your mental health

if all indications say s4 will be Carter heavy, why assume it won't ?
judging from experience, the SG-1 s9 promos that constantly featured and glorified Mitchell turned out to reflect s9 pretty accurately.

PG15
August 2nd, 2007, 09:29 PM
I have no mental health to speak of. ;)

Ah, but NOT all indication says that. I know you guys may not trust him, but Joe Mallozzi has said it time and again that Carter is supporting. Now, it's really not in Joe's nature to sugercoat things for the fans; I mean, I think that's pretty clear.

So, do I trust the source (or co-source) of Stargate Atlantis Season 4, or do I trust secondary sources that have since added a layer of bias to whatever it is that they've published?

parisindy
August 2nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
i trust my gut

and i trust that i like sam better then i like joe m, and thats saying something

i still think its all speculation..even more so if jm says it.

and at this point even the so called facts are questionable, its all about perspective

flynn1959
August 3rd, 2007, 12:54 AM
i trust my gut

and i trust that i like sam better then i like joe m, and thats saying something

i still think its all speculation..even more so if jm says it.

and at this point even the so called facts are questionable, its all about perspective

Great post and so true. :)

It is all about perspecive, and I for one perceive Carter to be all over the place. If she is a supporting character as JM states, then why don't the other supporting characters like Lorne have just as large a presence in the media etc?

Heaven
August 3rd, 2007, 01:27 AM
well from my perspective
characters have always had one of four roles to fill in atlantis:
leadership, science, combat/military, or medicine

with the exception of medicine Carter covers all three, hardly puts her in a position to be a support character.

it also totally screws the dynamics that I like.

Sheppard-Weir - when they don't really understand what Rodney's up to.
Rodney-Zalenka - will totally be screwed by adding Carter to the mix.
Sheppard-Rodney - teaming up to come up with a brilliant idea will surely be subsided by Carter.
Ronon-Teyla - they will have a lot more Sheppard to contend with now that Rodney will be busy with Carter all the time.

this totally screws up Sheppard's role, maybe they should have him turn toward science or medicine to keep him in the loop, otherwise he's gonna end up a detached and useless character like Mitchell was in SG-1.

ccdsah
August 3rd, 2007, 01:29 AM
well from my perspective

with the exception of medicine Carter covers all three, hardly puts her in a position to be a support character.

Sheppard-Rodney - teaming up to come up with a brilliant idea will surely be subsided by Carter.
Ronon-Teyla - they will have a lot more Sheppard to contend with now that Rodney will be busy with Carter all the time.

this totally screws up Sheppard's role, maybe they should have him turn toward science or medicine to keep him in the loop, otherwise he's gonna end up a detached and useless character like Mitchell was in SG-1.

Maybe not! Maybe *hopes* she'll have a role similar to Hammond's on SG-1.

Anuna
August 3rd, 2007, 01:52 AM
Oh like THAT will happen to tptb's little golden girl. *is gutted*

flynn1959
August 3rd, 2007, 02:01 AM
well from my perspective

I think you'll find that Carter has the medicine bit covered too! She has even helped perform autopsies!

Anuna
August 3rd, 2007, 02:28 AM
*headdesk*

She's perfect... why do we need other characters when we have her?

*headdesk*

Kas
August 3rd, 2007, 02:30 AM

It is all about perspecive, and I for one perceive Carter to be all over the place. If she is a supporting character as JM states, then why don't the other supporting characters like Lorne have just as large a presence in the media etc?

I have to agree that this 'over exposure' of the character is really leading to me not really caring about viewing Atlantis. I've always been a casual watcher of Atlantis but I really enjoyed the character dynamic that exists/ed. Of all the things that annoyed me about SG1 it was the skills that they kept loading on SC character, and the fact she is not accountable for anything. I now see this as unfortunately continuing into Atlantis.

As to regards to the media and the actress, perhaps this report gives insight:

http://www.lasvegascitylife.com/articles/2007/08/02/news/cover/iq_15816079.txt

Smith wasn't the only one with several irons in the fire. Stargate SG-1 star Amanda Tapping and director Martin Wood were pulling triple duty, promoting the forthcoming season of Stargate Atlantis, which Tapping will now headline, plus a new line of SG-1 movies as well as their own web-only series Sanctuary.

Whether true or not, this is the way the media view it. SG1's leading lady (SG1 being more prominent presumably because of it's longevity) is moving across to headline and be the star of that other show!

Anuna
August 3rd, 2007, 02:37 AM
Oh great. Truly great.

Southern Red
August 3rd, 2007, 04:16 AM
Whether true or not, this is the way the media view it. SG1's leading lady (SG1 being more prominent presumably because of it's longevity) is moving across to headline and be the star of that other show!

It's things like this that make us anti-S4. Most of us here appear to be folks who loved the show the way it was. Everybody in their place and all was right with the world. Now with each passing day it seems our fears are being confirmed. They are taking away characters we loved and replacing them with lesser models for whatever reason like Keller for Carson. Love Jewel, but the age thing is a deal breaker. Or replacing them with a character that they thing is all things to all people. We don't have to be logical. It's emotion based, and we just feel it isn't right.

If AT is to be the headliner, where does that leave JF? Everyone seems to think he is safe. Is he? We thought the same thing about TH a year ago.

And didn't JM or whoever say Carter was going to appear in a support "role"? That has a completely different meaning than support "character". Her job as leader is for support. It doesn't mean it will be small. I don't have a quote. Maybe I'm wrong. I just remember that phrase.

Heaven
August 3rd, 2007, 05:03 AM
I think you'll find that Carter has the medicine bit covered too! She has even helped perform autopsies!
:S
unless Rodney goes to super-genius mode again, his work will never be respected again under Carter's shadow.

crazylizzie
August 3rd, 2007, 05:28 AM
Oh like THAT will happen to tptb's little golden girl. *is gutted*

*headdesk*

She's perfect... why do we need other characters when we have her?

*headdesk*

do i detect a hint of bitterness?

hmmm...

naw. :D

crazylizzie
August 3rd, 2007, 05:32 AM
in response to southern red and heaven; you are right on. carter's arrival definetly upsets the balance, not only will she be leader of atlantis, she will be the leader of the military, and if sg1 is any indication, the leader of the science aspect also. i know!! it should be The Samantha Carter Show... live, from British Columbia.

too much? yeah... probably

*lizziepuppy! growls at sampuppy!* ;)

mcbarr
August 3rd, 2007, 05:40 AM
And now Sam is a headliner... Great! I dunno about you, but I think TPTB are putting all their chips in the wrong character. :S

crazylizzie
August 3rd, 2007, 05:46 AM
yes! i know i sound like i hate carter as a character, and i dont, not really at least, i just hate that she is going to be The Character. i like the group show, hell, i might even be able to handle it with elizabeth only four episodes as long as those four episodes are elizabeth heavy and the other episodes are about the dynamics of the team. i know they said that there are going to be story arcs for all the characters, and i am excited to have teyla actually have a story and not be some xena warrior woman pegasus style, and i love ronon and would like more of his character, but this feeling, this ANTI feeling (ha!) says its going to be about carter, and shep, and maaaaaybe mckay. dont get me wrong, love me some snarky mckay, just... snarky at carter, boring and done before.

though i will say, i will stick around and watch, i am not going to turn it off because my wonderful beautiful elizabeth is not on anymore, but if they so much as think of making the shep and carter dynamic shippy at all i will throw up. literaly. all over the telly. hmm... tmi. yeah, probably. but seriously, if there is not some kind of unease between those two and everything is immediatly roses that will be the deciding factor of whether or not i watch anymore.

will not have it. you hear me!? :)

mcbarr
August 3rd, 2007, 07:14 AM
I suspect once Dr. Weir is gone, it will be things as usual. Remember Dr. Beckett? There shall be no continuity on SGA. :rolleyes:

*checks the calendar to see when Heroes returns*

YappiChick
August 3rd, 2007, 07:24 AM
I suspect once Dr. Weir is gone, it will be things as usual. Remember Dr. Beckett? There shall be no continuity on SGA. :rolleyes:

Dr. Who???? You mean that guy from Ireland, right? ;)

parisindy
August 3rd, 2007, 07:45 AM
Dr. Who???? You mean that guy from Ireland, right? ;)

isn't david tennant scottish as well? hehehehe (j/k)

mcbarr
August 3rd, 2007, 07:48 AM
isn't david tennant scottish as well? hehehehe (j/k)

Who knows? :D

*checks calendar again to see when Doctor Who returns*

stclare
August 3rd, 2007, 09:37 AM

I have actualy read through this thread, thanks.

Yep I still feel the same.

Anuna
August 3rd, 2007, 09:51 AM
in response to southern red and heaven; you are right on. carter's arrival definetly upsets the balance, not only will she be leader of atlantis, she will be the leader of the military, and if sg1 is any indication, the leader of the science aspect also. i know!! it should be The Samantha Carter Show... live, from British Columbia.

too much? yeah... probably

*lizziepuppy! growls at sampuppy!* ;)

*lizziepuppy! eats carterpuppy!*

:D :D :D

do i detect a hint of bitterness?

hmmm...

naw. :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! No cahnce!!!! :D :D :D What made you think of that???

It's things like this that make us anti-S4. Most of us here appear to be folks who loved the show the way it was. Everybody in their place and all was right with the world. Now with each passing day it seems our fears are being confirmed. They are taking away characters we loved and replacing them with lesser models for whatever reason like Keller for Carson. Love Jewel, but the age thing is a deal breaker. Or replacing them with a character that they thing is all things to all people. We don't have to be logical. It's emotion based, and we just feel it isn't right.

If AT is to be the headliner, where does that leave JF? Everyone seems to think he is safe. Is he? We thought the same thing about TH a year ago.

And didn't JM or whoever say Carter was going to appear in a support "role"? That has a completely different meaning than support "character". Her job as leader is for support. It doesn't mean it will be small. I don't have a quote. Maybe I'm wrong. I just remember that phrase.

I think that only AT and DH are safe. Everybody else is expendable to TPTB.

though i will say, i will stick around and watch, i am not going to turn it off because my wonderful beautiful elizabeth is not on anymore, but if they so much as think of making the shep and carter dynamic shippy at all i will throw up. literaly. all over the telly. hmm... tmi. yeah, probably. but seriously, if there is not some kind of unease between those two and everything is immediatly roses that will be the deciding factor of whether or not i watch anymore.

will not have it. you hear me!? :)

Oh God, I didn't need that mental picture. Ugh!!!

I don't think that will happen, I bet on Carter - McKay love me - hate me relationship and Zelenka sitting jelaous in the corner.

Okay now i need to throw up too.

Exactly. They will never mention her again. That's the reason i won't watch S4.

Bitter?

Noooooooooooooo way! :P

PG15
August 3rd, 2007, 11:03 AM

Because Carter will bringing in some SG1 fans, while Lorne won't. That's exactly what I've been saying all this time.

I have a question; do you guys actually WANT to hate the show?

stclare
August 3rd, 2007, 11:08 AM
Because Carter will bringing in some SG1 fans, while Lorne won't. That's exactly what I've been saying all this time.

this is the anti season 4 thread for complaints ONLY

I'm sorry but i dont feel that i should have to justify my feelings to you. if this was an open discussion thread then yes debate away.

i just realy dont get why you need to post things like this here, is there no where i can go that i dont have to deal with stuff like this?

Celcool
August 3rd, 2007, 11:10 AM
Did you take a look at your own poll? More fans will be boycotting s4 than Carter will bring new ones. 2 characters are leaving and with them their fans or most of them, also those who don't want Carter won't be tuning in, no way she could bring enough of new viewers to cover those number of folks giving up the show, especially since most of her fans already watch Atlantis.

My answer to your second question is no I don't want to hate the show but what TPTB did made me hate it, I want Elizabeth and I don't want Carter, you can say whatever you want and that won't change my mind and no one else's here so you better stop trying and if you intend to keep posting here, maybe say something on topic in your posts? ;)

PG15
August 3rd, 2007, 11:16 AM
As I said many times on that poll thread, the poll means nothing other than what a small fraction of Gateworlder think; it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

And with that clarification, I bow out of this thread. I merely wanted an inside look into how you guys feel face-to-face (since a lot of you avoid debate threads...and even if it seemed I wanted a debate, you didn't have to reply to it) and I got that in spades. ;)

Heaven
August 3rd, 2007, 11:43 AM
As I said many times on that poll thread, the poll means nothing other than what a small fraction of Gateworlder think; it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

maybe not, but it does say something about the hardcore fans, and they are the ones most likely to buy DVDs, go to conventions etc

YappiChick
August 3rd, 2007, 12:01 PM
Sometimes there doesn't have the be logic to make a decision. My goodness, if people thought that way, we would all be like Spock. Sometimes it's just as simple as A. I really liked that character and because he/she is gone, I no longer have an interest in the show or B. I don't like the character, therefore I no longer have an interest in the show.

Feelings matter as much (if not more) as logic.

TameFarrar
August 3rd, 2007, 12:09 PM

PG-15 - The Thread title is very clear so your question is inappropriate.

The fact that some of the fandom would like a place to gather and discuss their misgivings, complaints and overall dislike of the show does NOT implicitly state that they hate the show as you are so ineloquently asking.

What this thread does is allow these fans a place to do so WITHOUT having to explain themselves and their opinions to those that find no fault or little fault with how things have gone.

So your continued insistence in posting here and asking these types of questions does not inspire *discussion* nor does it even fit the *TOPIC* of the thread. So please restrain yourself from further posting of such.

If you have something to add that is on-topic by all means do so. otherwise please do not continue to try to incite some sort of debate on the matter. The fact that select folks avoid other threads does not give you license to come in here to *try to understand them*

Thank You
TameFarrar
GateWorld Moderator

stclare
August 3rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
so are we gonna need to hire a hall for all the anti-couches ? :)

weve grown in stature over the past few months, im thinking, big hall, disco ball, dj, open bar (with waiters) and a nice chocolate buffet.

who's in?

:D

justhere1971
August 3rd, 2007, 01:04 PM

weve grown in stature over the past few months, im thinking, big hall, disco ball, dj, open bar (with waiters) and a nice chocolate buffet.

who's in?

Me me!! And can I bring my tequila? ;)

Falcon Horus
August 3rd, 2007, 01:05 PM

who's in?

Me, me, me, me... *raises hand* :D

parisindy
August 3rd, 2007, 01:54 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/cheerleader2.gif

who's in?

i got a disco ball!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/disco_ball_md_clr.gif

beer and clam for me ! http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/mercurys_winter/goodbeer.gif

could we have a pool and some pool boys as well? or girls i'm not biast hehe

hehe you know i don't think i have ever done a piccie spam in here

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/atlantis%20and%20SGone/jasonmomoa.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/atlantis%20and%20SGone/McGillion15.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/atlantis%20and%20SGone/Echos40.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/atlantis%20and%20SGone/SciFiInside01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/atlantis%20and%20SGone/SciFiInside-1.jpg

ahhh yes the good old days

Ruined_puzzle
August 3rd, 2007, 02:03 PM
Aww, parisindy, you are going to make me sad.

S4 you suck.

nowvoyager908
August 3rd, 2007, 04:44 PM

who's in?

I'm in; like the idea of the open bar . . . I think we're definitely gonna need it. :D

And Parisindy - I'll take one pool boy to go. My, my . . . but, did it suddenly get very hot in here. LOL. :weiranime32:

parisindy
August 3rd, 2007, 04:59 PM
Aww, parisindy, you are going to make me sad.

S4 you suck.

awww it was suppose to make you smile.. but totally agree with the sucking part ((hugs))

I'm in; like the idea of the open bar . . . I think we're definitely gonna need it. :D

And Parisindy - I'll take one pool boy to go. My, my . . . but, did it suddenly get very hot in here. LOL. :weiranime32:

Southern Red
August 3rd, 2007, 05:44 PM
Me me!! And can I bring my tequila? ;)

I'm breaking out the single malt. Anybody got a clean glass. No ice you philistines! ;)

Celcool
August 4th, 2007, 01:36 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/cheerleader2.gif

i got a disco ball!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/disco_ball_md_clr.gif

beer and clam for me ! http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/mercurys_winter/goodbeer.gif

could we have a pool and some pool boys as well? or girls i'm not biast hehe

hehe you know i don't think i have ever done a piccie spam in here

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/atlantis%20and%20SGone/jasonmomoa.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/atlantis%20and%20SGone/McGillion15.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/atlantis%20and%20SGone/Echos40.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/atlantis%20and%20SGone/SciFiInside01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/atlantis%20and%20SGone/SciFiInside-1.jpg

ahhh yes the good old days
Nothing will ever resemble that anymore. *sigh*

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Misc%20Stargate%20stuff/anticouchup7.jpg

Mar9645
August 4th, 2007, 04:57 AM
:weir: Now that this thread is safe again...

I've been lurking for awhile as this topic has needed some consistent humor lately. I'm breaking my lurk to add some serious comments based on what's been going on in recent weeks.

ComicCon was the biggest tell to me that TPTB are in serious trouble and they know it: censorship of questions, the forced 'happy little family' image with a very limited and boring 'cast' (except for JF) and the fawning about renewal. The city of Atlantis is definitely foundering. I really found it very funny that EW magazine, in their convention wrapup, didn't even mention Stargate.

SGA's time slot and lead-in lineup that were announced this week I see as the cement icing on the cake. Moving the show to the 10 pm slot opposite the very popular Numbers is suicide. As for the lead-in lineup, I'm sure Dr. Who at 8 pm will be strong but the new Flash Gordon series at 9 pm, changed from its original announced 10 pm slot, is begging for low ratings. FG starts next Friday here but I won't be watching now that they've changed the time. I much prefer reruns of Jericho.

I don't recall which one of you made the 'elephant in the room' comment first but it's stuck with me since. That grey fellow is under a cloak right now but its getting weaker by the day. When the cancellation is announced sometime in October, the cloak will finally go down and, I strongly suspect, heads will roll at Bridge.

In all my decades of watching episodic TV, I don't remember a fan-based outcry against producers as bad as this since the Berman/Braga fiasco for Star Trek Enterprise, and we all know how that ended. BTW, anyone know what happened to those two guys?

Have a great weekend, fellow antis! :ronan:

Anuna
August 4th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Sometimes there doesn't have the be logic to make a decision. My goodness, if people thought that way, we would all be like Spock. Sometimes it's just as simple as A. I really liked that character and because he/she is gone, I no longer have an interest in the show or B. I don't like the character, therefore I no longer have an interest in the show.

Feelings matter as much (if not more) as logic.

Yappi, are you gonna make me run for my money? :P

I've been lurking for awhile as this topic has needed some consistent humor lately. I'm breaking my lurk to add some serious comments based on what's been going on in recent weeks.

ComicCon was the biggest tell to me that TPTB are in serious trouble and they know it: censorship of questions, the forced 'happy little family' image with a very limited and boring 'cast' (except for JF) and the fawning about renewal. The city of Atlantis is definitely foundering. I really found it very funny that EW magazine, in their convention wrapup, didn't even mention Stargate.

SGA's time slot and lead-in lineup that were announced this week I see as the cement icing on the cake. Moving the show to the 10 pm slot opposite the very popular Numbers is suicide. As for the lead-in lineup, I'm sure Dr. Who at 8 pm will be strong but the new Flash Gordon series at 9 pm, changed from its original announced 10 pm slot, is begging for low ratings. FG starts next Friday here but I won't be watching now that they've changed the time. I much prefer reruns of Jericho.

I don't recall which one of you made the 'elephant in the room' comment first but it's stuck with me since. That grey fellow is under a cloak right now but its getting weaker by the day. When the cancellation is announced sometime in October, the cloak will finally go down and, I strongly suspect, heads will roll at Bridge.

In all my decades of watching episodic TV, I don't remember a fan-based outcry against producers as bad as this since the Berman/Braga fiasco for Star Trek Enterprise, and we all know how that ended. BTW, anyone know what happened to those two guys?

Mallozzi & co. might find out what happened to B&B. :D *evil grin*

justhere1971
August 4th, 2007, 06:27 AM
I mistakenly posted this on the Pro Weir thread last night, and forgot to move it here ...

This was posted in JM's blog couple of nights ago:

Anonymous said...

As a Sam/Jack shipper I'm confused. You already said that you weren't going to deal with Sam's love life on atlantis. What changed your mind?

It's called "desperation". DES. PER. RATION. ;-)

>>Did you just find out that there's not going to be another season?<<

That's my guess.

>>Sorry for being skeptical but your comment goes against everything that you and recently Amanda have said.<<

Oh dear, too funny! Joe, sweetie I know you won't post this one so between you, me and the gate post, if even your stalwart shippers are now seeing through your spinning just who is there left to fool?

>>So this means that there won't be any Sam/Jack ship in continuum?<<

I'm sure there's plenty, eh Joe? AU Jack that is...

This was the response last night:

Anonymous #5 writes: "I know you won't post this one so between you, me and the gate post, if even your stalwart shippers are now seeing through your spinning just who is there left to fool?"

Answer: Who's the wangry widdle anti-Carter sourpuss? You are you fwisky widdle whiner. Sooooo cuuuuuute!

He sounds so childish in his response! Almost baiting the fans/non-fans alike. I am sorry, I for one would find this utterly off putting, enough to turn me off from watching the show completely. This seems so junior high!

nowvoyager908
August 4th, 2007, 07:07 AM
I mistakenly posted this on the Pro Weir thread last night, and forgot to move it here ...

He sounds so childish in his response! Almost baiting the fans/non-fans alike. I am sorry, I for one would find this utterly off putting, enough to turn me off from watching the show completely. This seems so junior high!

I also responded in the other thread. This is just so stupid, I don't know how anyone can think its o.k. The blog may be "personal" and not official, but by default it is an advertisement for the show. And dissing your customers doesn't sound like an effective marketing tool. Public relations is obviously not his strong suit. LOL.

Making fun of fans tells me that JM is totally not the person who should be doing this. But many are giving him the old "thumbs up", so I guess he knows the audience he's playing to. :cool:

Southern Red
August 4th, 2007, 07:20 AM

He started it. No, he started it. *raspberries* :lol:

I also responded in the other thread. This is just so stupid, I don't know how anyone can think its o.k. The blog may be "personal" and not official, but by default it is an advertisement for the show. And dissing your customers doesn't sound like an effective marketing tool. Public relations is obviously not his strong suit. LOL.

Making fun of fans tells me that JM is totally not the person who should be doing this. But many are giving him the old "thumbs up", so I guess he knows the audience he's playing to. :cool:

I find his response to this question very interesting. The last time he was this cranky and ultra sarcastic, even for him, was just before the word came out about RL's pregnancy, and he had to deal with the total reworking of S4. Hmmm?

nowvoyager908
August 4th, 2007, 07:31 AM

I find his response to this question very interesting. The last time he was this cranky and ultra sarcastic, even for him, was just before the word came out about RL's pregnancy, and he had to deal with the total reworking of S4. Hmmm?

Yeah, who knows what is going on behind the scenes. Maybe something happened at Comic Con? Maybe the cast isn't happy? Maybe he feels a 10:00 p.m time slot is past the bedtime of his target demographic? Maybe he burned the pasta sauce? Questions, questions, questions. LOL.

The funny thing is, the poster he was responding to didn't sound like an "wangry widdle anti-Carter sourpuss" :eek:, so his response was totally out of nowhere. Of course I didn't read the whole thing (I have my sanity to worry about), so it could be a poster who's given him "agita" in the past.

Falcon Horus
August 4th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah, who knows what is going on behind the scenes. Maybe something happened at Comic Con? Maybe the cast isn't happy? Maybe he feels a 10:00 p.m time slot is past the bedtime of his target demographic? Maybe he burned the pasta sauce? Questions, questions, questions. LOL.

I think that would be the one, seeing he blogs a lot about food. :p

YappiChick
August 4th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Maybe he burned the pasta sauce? Questions, questions, questions. LOL.

:lol: That was seriously funny.

mcbarr
August 4th, 2007, 08:29 AM
As voyager said, the "wangry widdle anti-Carter sourpuss" didn't sound anti-Carter at all, quite the opposite. Even SG-1/Carter fans are being torpedoed now? Wise strategy. And, yep, he definitely burned something. I wonder what that is... ;)

nowvoyager908
August 4th, 2007, 09:19 AM
As voyager said, the "wangry widdle anti-Carter sourpuss" didn't sound anti-Carter at all, quite the opposite. Even SG-1/Carter fans are being torpedoed now? Wise strategy. And, yep, he definitely burned something. I wonder what that is... ;)

Yeah, I wish someone would explain to me how asking a shipping question is twisted into being anti-Carter. Just sounds totally off the wall. Since I don't care to read the actual blog, there must be some history there that I have (thankfully) missed.

I enjoyed watching SGA and I'm pretty bummed that the show is changing in ways I can't support and I like posting with people who share this feeling. I think we have fun in here and are civil, despite not all agreeing on every point. But I don't take SGA, or any tv show for that matter, all that seriously. Unfortunately, there are lots of people out there waaay too wrapped up in this show and its kind of scary. :S

Southern Red
August 4th, 2007, 09:21 AM

Well he burns my butt. Does that count? :weiranime20:

It seems like it was a last straw sort of situation, and he overreacted. The SDJ discussion on the blog is all a big mystery to me. Which amuses me even more that the exec producer of a TV show would allow such old stuff and stuff a lot of fans are ignorant of that would be potentially harmful to said TV show to be discussed in a public forum. And don't tell me his blog is not public. IMHO it's being used as a publicity arm of the show. I find all that anti-Carter/AT stuff as appalling as I do the anti-Weir/TH stuff.

nowvoyager908
August 4th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Well he burns my butt. Does that count? :weiranime20:

It seems like it was a last straw sort of situation, and he overreacted. The SDJ discussion on the blog is all a big mystery to me. Which amuses me even more that the exec producer of a TV show would allow such old stuff and stuff a lot of fans are ignorant of that would be potentially harmful to said TV show to be discussed in a public forum. And don't tell me his blog is not public. IMHO it's being used as a publicity arm of the show. I find all that anti-Carter/AT stuff as appalling as I do the anti-Weir/TH stuff.

What the hell is SDJ? And ITA about the blog not being entirely personal. If it was, he would stick to food and forget about the show.

I post in the anti-Carter thread. I hate the idea of her coming to SGA and I hate the idea that she will be running the city and sitting in Weir's chair. But I don't know the actress from a hole in the wall. I have no animosity towards the actress and I certainly don't blame her for the Weir/TH debacle.

As a counterpoint, I've read plenty of anti-Weir comments, some of which I thought were obsessive; but I've never automatically assumed that because a fan disliked Weir, he/she also disliked TH.

Admittedly, some take it too far . . . but you're always going to have a few who enjoy stirring the pot (any resemblance to a certain show runner who shall remain nameless is entirely coincidental), but they seem to be few and far between.

Maybe everyone just needs to take a few steps back and breathe. LOL.

Falcon Horus
August 4th, 2007, 09:57 AM

I tried that. Really, I did. A week and a half without internet doesn't give you much of a choice. But I come back and I'm still feeling the same anit-feelings I did before. And I'm still having these angry moments.

nowvoyager908
August 4th, 2007, 10:06 AM
I tried that. Really, I did. A week and a half without internet doesn't give you much of a choice. But I come back and I'm still feeling the same anit-feelings I did before. And I'm still having these angry moments.

LOL. I tried too. I went on vacation and between rushing around beforehand and having a good time while on vacation, I was out of the SGA loop for a couple of weeks.

I thought I had finally made peace with the changes. I'd even voluntarily stopped watching season 2 in syndication. Of course, it didn't help that everytime I checked the cable guide, it seemed they were airing The Lost Boys and The Hive in some endless, Mallozian loop.

But then I made the mistake of coming back online and every bad feeling and angry moment came flooding back.

Anuna
August 4th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Same here. Was out of the loop. Came back because I like the forum. Anti feelings are still there.

And yes, JM's blog is just an extended arm of... what was the prase?

Celcool
August 4th, 2007, 12:11 PM

Very good lurker's observation! :weiranime17: You should post more. :) Yeah, the fans' outrage against the TPTB should be a clue something is seriously wrong, actually all that you've mention indicates that. We'll see how and when it will all end. Let's hope sooner rather than later. :P

I find it so funny a fan calling a producer cranky. Well, it is true, he is cranky a lot. LOL ;)

The funny thing is, the poster he was responding to didn't sound like an "wangry widdle anti-Carter sourpuss" :eek:, so his response was totally out of nowhere. Of course I didn't read the whole thing (I have my sanity to worry about), so it could be a poster who's given him "agita" in the past.
Now that killed me! LOL

What the hell is SDJ? And ITA about the blog not being entirely personal. If it was, he would stick to food and forget about the show.

I post in the anti-Carter thread. I hate the idea of her coming to SGA and I hate the idea that she will be running the city and sitting in Weir's chair. But I don't know the actress from a hole in the wall. I have no animosity towards the actress and I certainly don't blame her for the Weir/TH debacle.

As a counterpoint, I've read plenty of anti-Weir comments, some of which I thought were obsessive; but I've never automatically assumed that because a fan disliked Weir, he/she also disliked TH.

Admittedly, some take it too far . . . but you're always going to have a few who enjoy stirring the pot (any resemblance to a certain show runner who shall remain nameless is entirely coincidental), but they seem to be few and far between.

I don't know what SDJ is either and I have no desire to know. I'm anti-Carter too, but only since she'll be on SGA and replacing Elizabeth, had nothing against her before but now I'm left with no choice. Can't help but feel she's somewhere she doesn't belong and I like to post in the anti-Carter thread for fun plus it's good to let out your negative feelings. lol

Falcon Horus
August 4th, 2007, 12:13 PM
...I like to post in the anti-Carter thread for fun. lol

And there's lots of fun to be had... :D

Celcool
August 4th, 2007, 12:19 PM
And there's lots of fun to be had... :D
Indeed. :)

nowvoyager908
August 4th, 2007, 01:11 PM
anti-Carter too, but only since she'll be on SGA and replacing Elizabeth, had nothing against her before but now I'm left with no choice. Can't help but feel she's somewhere she doesn't belong and I like to post in the anti-Carter thread for fun plus it's good to let out your negative feelings. lol

That's how I feel. Since I didn't watch SG1, I only knew Carter from the two (IIRC) crossover episodes with SGA. I don't remember feeling one way or the other about her presence except to think that she made McKay act more pathetic and annoying (in a loveable way of course) than usual. LOL.

If Carter wasn't coming to SGA and taking Weir's place, I would never have given the character any further thought. Unfortunately, adding her to the show, and the way she is being added, changed all that.

I am an 'anti' and damn proud of it . . . and its fun to let it all out and vent a little. It's not like this show hasn't given us plenty to gripe about.

Celcool
August 4th, 2007, 01:22 PM
That's how I feel. Since I didn't watch SG1, I only knew Carter from the two (IIRC) crossover episodes with SGA. I don't remember feeling one way or the other about her presence except to think that she made McKay act more pathetic and annoying (in a loveable way of course) than usual. LOL.

If Carter wasn't coming to SGA and taking Weir's place, I would never have given the character any further thought. Unfortunately, adding her to the show, and the way she is being added, changed all that.

I am an 'anti' and damn proud of it . . . and its fun to let it all out and vent a little. It's not like this show hasn't given us plenty to gripe about.
Same here. I knew Carter from only a couple of eps and I actually liked her with McKay but now that she's coming to SGA in place of my favorite character I so don't care about that anymore. That positive feeling I had about her turned to the opposite, a very negative feeling.

Anuna
August 4th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Well I know Carter from very beginning. She fits into SG - 1 quite nicely and I really enjoyed early SG - 1 seasons. When they started to kick characters out of the show in S6 it all went downwards, and the show was never the same. I never had anything against Carter, but she was the least interesting character of SG - 1 to me. I was never a big S/J shipper either but those moments simply couldn't go unnoticed and it was pretty much okay - untill I heard of Atlantis cast changes. I don't like that idea. i never will. Period.

OT - does SDJ refer to "Save Daniel Jackson" campaign? It was quite big before/during S6 of SG - 1.

mcbarr
August 5th, 2007, 08:54 AM

So say we all! :)

dana
August 5th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Hey guys,
I'm back from my holiday (netless holiday, d'Oh!)! What did I miss? (Too lazy to go back :D) Any good anti stuff? I've seen some pics from the comic con...I have to admit they make me bitter. You know, you go to holiday, forgot the stuff and then you come home and wham it's in the face again. Disheartening.

Someone here to bullet-point it to me? :D Pwetty pwease?

Celcool
August 5th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Hey guys,
I'm back from my holiday (netless holiday, d'Oh!)! What did I miss? (Too lazy to go back :D) Any good anti stuff? I've seen some pics from the comic con...I have to admit they make me bitter. You know, you go to holiday, forgot the stuff and then you come home and wham it's in the face again. Disheartening.

Someone here to bullet-point it to me? :D Pwetty pwease?
I'm going to direct you to this post, it explains the situation beautifully.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6960489&postcount=2109

Welcome back, dana! :)

dana
August 6th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Thanks for both, celcool!

Can't believe they actually censored questions...freedom of speech anyone?

Alexandra
August 6th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Yes it may be fun to post in an anti thread (the anti-Carter one that someone mentioned before), but I don't agree that this is going to help make things better in any way.
It's better to be fair and not let hard feelings get involved, it's tough I know.
After all, no one can deny the truth, that SGA could have been great, but now the tptb, whoever that is, has shown us how a show can turn into a commercial.

Anuna
August 6th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Thanks for both, celcool!

Can't believe they actually censored questions...freedom of speech anyone?

Freedom of speech? That's a myth!!!

mcbarr
August 6th, 2007, 06:04 AM
So Comic-Con was like a heavily modded PRO thread... Heh.

dana
August 6th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Freedom of speech? That's a myth!!!

Oh yes, I forgot. Forgive me my sheer lemming-ness, my queen. *bows* ;) :D

Anuna
August 6th, 2007, 06:24 AM
So Comic-Con was like a heavily modded PRO thread... Heh.

Finally someone found the right words to describe it!

Oh yes, I forgot. Forgive me my sheer lemming-ness, my queen. *bows* ;) :D

You are forgiven! You may rise, little lemming :D

stclare
August 6th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Yes it may be fun to post in an anti thread (the anti-Carter one that someone mentioned before), but I don't agree that this is going to help make things better in any way.
It's better to be fair and not let hard feelings get involved, it's tough I know.
After all, no one can deny the truth, that SGA could have been great, but now the tptb, whoever that is, has shown us how a show can turn into a commercial.

I know that posting here wont affect how the new sga evolves over the coming season/s. :(

It does however give me a release valve. where i can come vent and wander off, happy in the knowledge that know one here will tear my post apart.

But here its like, theres the pink elephant i can see it, talk about it, have a giggle at its expense then leave happy.

what more can you ask from a thread?

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Anuna
August 6th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Exactly! we are only poor little ill informed lemmings, our thoughts and oppinions don't matter much and the show isn't being done for the fans. But it's so nice to have a place where you can discuss it and say how much you hate what's being done with it.

the dancer of spaz
August 6th, 2007, 09:22 AM
RE: censoring

We don't know what they did or did not screen when questions were asked, because no one (that I know of) was sitting next to the mic, listening in on which questions were going to be asked. No one (that I know of) was a Comic Con volunteer/employee with inside information about the goingson.

The only thing we do know for sure is that the ComicCon rep from the beginning said that inappropriate personal questions about panelists were forbidden. We don't know for sure whether or not SciFi/MGM "censored" certain questions. Screening and censoring are two totally different things.

And unless anyone can attest to having their question rejected by Comic Con before going to the mic, we really don't know what went on back there.

dana
August 6th, 2007, 09:48 AM
We don't know what happens in s4, yet here we are moaning about it because we heard stuff from various sources. *shrug* Nobody really cares what was and wasn't screened and people are not accusing anybody of anything. That's my POV. :)

Anuna
August 6th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Ditto. We simply don't like the general idea of S4 and it happens that anything S4 related can't really make us happy.

the dancer of spaz
August 6th, 2007, 10:23 AM
That's all well and good.

I can definitely appreciate a genuine anti-sentiment (there are some things about SG that I've been anti about before). But I brought up the censoring thing, because I saw multiple posts use that theory as fact to back up the anti-feelings.

Last week I tried to clarify my interpretation of the tone at Comic-Con (which is that the questions were evidently screened, and I initially thought that the Atlantis panel seemed awkward), but I really didn't want my attempt at clarification to be misconstrued.

Anuna
August 6th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Well, Spaz, I'll try to paraphrase one of the posters here (was it here or on another thread? i'm not sure). We don't know some things for a fact, it might not be logical or we might not know the real facts, but the same thing still don't feel right. That negative feeling might have something to do with our interpretations and theories. That's simply the way negative feelings work.

mcbarr
August 6th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Was there any question about the controversial cast changes?

Ruined_puzzle
August 6th, 2007, 11:11 AM
There's this person at IMDB saying that they've watched Adrift. I asked about Lizzie and it implied that she won't be in SGA anymore because she steps down. Now since IT didn't actually give out any real spoilers I doubt its true.

Still if Elizabeth doesn't get captured or something, well that just kills Elizabeth's characterezation.

Anuna
August 6th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Like TPTB did good job with her characterization before! :S

mcbarr
August 6th, 2007, 11:21 AM
That's even worse than being killed in action, IMO. And totally not like Dr. Weir. TPTB are the ones who should step down if this is true. :S

Ruined_puzzle
August 6th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Like TPTB did good job with her characterization before! :S

Well, for the most part. I'm not saying it was like the best ever but Elizabeth voluntarily leaving Atlantis. Sorry, now that is the worst idea ever. I hated it when tptb decided that maybe this is the way she would go in First Strike. Really the characters are just there, for them the plot is more important. So in order for the plot to fit, they are going to change Elizabeth. They don't even have great plot.

Southern Red
August 6th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Well, for the most part. I'm not saying it was like the best ever but Elizabeth voluntarily leaving Atlantis. Sorry, now that is the worst idea ever. I hated it when tptb decided that maybe this is the way she would go in First Strike. Really the characters are just there, for them the plot is more important. So in order for the plot to fit, they are going to change Elizabeth. They don't even have great plot.

And they're going to change Carter to be more like Elizabeth as they could have written her if they had chosen to. And some people wonder why we are still insisting that Carter is indeed replacing Weir. *says last 5 words very loudly*

Check this out: http://moejacuzzi.blogspot.com/ They're doing it for a fan video. Any outlet that gives me a chance to laugh is golden.

the dancer of spaz
August 6th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Well, Spaz, I'll try to paraphrase one of the posters here (was it here or on another thread? i'm not sure). We don't know some things for a fact, it might not be logical or we might not know the real facts, but the same thing still don't feel right. That negative feeling might have something to do with our interpretations and theories. That's simply the way negative feelings work.

Alrighty then. As long as it's recognized that we're not 100% sure there was censorship, have at it. I'll let ya be. :)

Anuna
August 6th, 2007, 12:12 PM
That's even worse than being killed in action, IMO. And totally not like Dr. Weir. TPTB are the ones who should step down if this is true. :S

Ditto on that. Judging from those parts when she was written in good, consistant manner (where is Carl Binder when we need him??) I'd say that leaving Atlantis is the last thing she would do. Remeber BIS? The old Elizabeth *died* to save the city and the team. She didn't abandon it!!

Check out my Elizabeth video - I tried to do her some justice. It's clear she doesn't want to leave. if there is one prominent thing about her, she doesn't want to leave. http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x130/anuna_81/?action=view&current=89c4335c.flv

From everything I read about carter in s4, I also gathered from all of it that they're gonna make her similar to Elizabeth, which is such a stupid thing to do when they already had an amazing Elizabeth, I guess as long as they have their precious Carter onboard.

I think I'm gonna puke. A LOT.

And about that Moe guy. Don't you just LOVE him?

Celcool
August 6th, 2007, 12:15 PM
And they're going to change Carter to be more like Elizabeth as they could have written her if they had chosen to. And some people wonder why we are still insisting that Carter is indeed replacing Weir. *says last 5 words very loudly*
From everything I read about carter in s4, I also gathered from all of it that they're gonna make her similar to Elizabeth, which is such a stupid thing to do when they already had an amazing Elizabeth, I guess as long as they have their precious Carter onboard.

Check this out: http://moejacuzzi.blogspot.com/ They're doing it for a fan video. Any outlet that gives me a chance to laugh is golden.
That is so hilarious and it's so fun participating as well! ;)

PG15
August 6th, 2007, 01:05 PM

I can't green you at the moment, so I'll just post here; thanks for making that known to me (and now the rest of the Joe Blog crew); I think we're going to have a lot of fun with that. :D

Where did you hear that they're doing it for a fan video? I can't seem to find that on their profile or anything.

Ruined_puzzle
August 6th, 2007, 01:09 PM
I can't green you at the moment, so I'll just post here; thanks for making that known to me (and now the rest of the Joe Blog crew); I think we're going to have a lot of fun with that. :D

Where did you hear that they're doing it for a fan video? I can't seem to find that on their profile or anything.

It would be kind of nice if you didn't tell JM since they are doing it for a vid. But I'm sure you already did.

Dude - all of you guys leaving comments are cracking me up! I have a feeling we've all been silently fuming for far too long - it's time to therapeutically let it all out. ;) Thank you so much for your support and your help - this is great! Feel free to post the link anywhere you like, just mention that it's to help out with a fan film or whatnot... I'm going to send the completed film to the Mallozzi but would hate for him to find the blog before he sees the film. He might send the mafia after me or something... (as if he wouldn't after he sees the movie anyway :p) We're filming more today but I'm editing it on new software so I'm learning as I go - I'll hopefully have it up ASAP!

I'm so glad you all are enjoying this - keep the questions coming! ;)

Much love to all!

PG15
August 6th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Oh shoot...yeah, I did, but I didn't know about this.

Well...I doubt Joe will really mind. Still...*smacks self*

Anuna
August 6th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Ah there goes the fun.

PG15
August 6th, 2007, 01:21 PM
I've just posted another comment on Joe's blog telling him to not click that link. It's the best I can do. Sorry guys; I just didn't know.

mcbarr
August 6th, 2007, 01:37 PM
You're still a snitch tho. :)

PG15
August 6th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Yep, yep. *sigh*

nowvoyager908
August 6th, 2007, 04:25 PM

I so agree with that. I remember my reaction when I initially heard that in FS Elizabeth was to have a conversation with Teyla is which she talked about voluntarily stepping down.

Now mind you, at that point I hadn't seen anything beyond part one of the Return. In the Return, Elizabeth was depressed about being forced to leave Atlantis when the Ancients returned. She agrees to put her career and her life on the line to take part in an unauthorized suicide mission to free the city from the Asurans; and just a few episodes later she is ready to voluntarily walk away? And of course nothing happened in the episodes between the Return and FS to indicate why she would have such a drastic change of heart.

It's one thing to be plot driven, but to change characters to serve the plot without any thought to continuity or logic is just stupid.

YappiChick
August 6th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I so agree with that. I remember my reaction when I initially heard that in FS Elizabeth was to have a conversation with Teyla is which she talked about voluntarily stepping down.

Now mind you, at that point I hadn't seen anything beyond part one of the Return. In the Return, Elizabeth was depressed about being forced to leave Atlantis when the Ancients returned. She agrees to put her career and her life on the line to take part in an unauthorized suicide mission to free the city from the Asurans; and just a few episodes later she is ready to voluntarily walk away? And of course nothing happened in the episodes between the Return and FS to indicate why she would have such a drastic change of heart.

It's one thing to be plot driven, but to change characters to serve the plot without any thought to continuity or logic is just stupid.

I found a new word today, perhaps someone should share it with TPTB:

con·ti·nu·i·ty
–noun, plural -ties.
1. The state or quality of being continuous.
2. An uninterrupted succession or flow; a coherent whole.

nowvoyager908
August 6th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I found a new word today, perhaps someone should share it with TPTB:

con·ti·nu·i·ty
–noun, plural -ties.
1. The state or quality of being continuous.
2. An uninterrupted succession or flow; a coherent whole.

LOL. They would have absolutely no clue what you were talking about.

If it can't be twisted, smeared, or contorted into something almost unrecognizable, it it has no place in the SG universe. ;) As long as it moves the plot along, its good to go . . . continuity (oops, bad word) be damned.

parisindy
August 6th, 2007, 05:50 PM
drive by hugging... on vacation ((hugs)

anti anti anti

mcbarr
August 7th, 2007, 02:18 PM
If it can't be twisted, smeared, or contorted into something almost unrecognizable, it it has no place in the SG universe. ;) As long as it moves the plot along, its good to go . . . continuity (oops, bad word) be damned.

Plot? IMO, they're just moving characters out to open space for Sam.

drive by hugging... on vacation ((hugs)

anti anti anti

Have fun! :)

Falcon Horus
August 7th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Plot? IMO, they're just moving characters out to open space for Sam.

Proceed to the air lock at once. Do not pass start. You receive no money.
And that's how Carter wins at Atlantis Monopoly every time.

mcbarr
August 7th, 2007, 02:43 PM
LOL, game over (SGA, I mean). ;)

Anuna
August 8th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Proceed to the air lock at once. Do not pass start. You receive no money.
And that's how Carter wins at Atlantis Monopoly every time.

Haaa! Atlantis Monopoly!!! Good idea!!

BeckettRulez
August 8th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Or: Carter pulling a "Go To Jail-Card" :beckett:

That came to my mind when I read Atlantis and Monopoly...ha ha

Anuna
August 8th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Yup, that would be fun to see; everybody would bancrupt, leaving only Carson and Elizabeth in the game. :P

Heaven
August 8th, 2007, 06:17 AM
just read GW's interview with Martin Gero

how depressing :(

Celcool
August 8th, 2007, 06:25 AM
I don't even have the desire to read it, I'm sure I won't like anything he has to say, thus, I shall not read. :P

Suzotchka
August 8th, 2007, 06:30 AM
I don't even have the desire to read it, I'm sure I won't like anything he has to say, thus, I shall not read. :P

That's pretty much my feeling on it too.

Celcool
August 8th, 2007, 06:35 AM
I'm guessing he doesn't mention Weir at all and is praising Carter. Am I right?

Heaven
August 8th, 2007, 06:46 AM
I'm guessing he doesn't mention Weir at all and is praising Carter. Am I right?

hmm no. he actually doesn't get into it much, just saying the politics behind the changes are "phenomenally complex".
no Carter praising.

Celcool
August 8th, 2007, 06:56 AM
hmm no. he actually doesn't get into it much, just saying the politics behind the changes are "phenomenally complex".
no Carter praising.
Now, that's a first. :P

I'm sure it's not that complicated, they should tell us.

Anuna
August 8th, 2007, 07:28 AM
no Carter praising.

Wow this is interesting to hear. Finally somebody mentioned it! Somobody mentioned how Atlanits is hangin in a limbo between Sci -Fi, Fox and MGM, IIRC. Imagine that. So many big wigs with their plans, motives, ideas; money investment politics and so on. No matter how many complex details are involved in these changes, here is what I think. It all comes dow to this - somebody who controls the money is affecting decisions that should have been made by creative staff, and not those big wigs. What should be a creative decision turned into "politics". That's how things usually go down the drain. Okay, I don't know if I sound coherent at all, but this is the main fact that makes me angry. Changes weren't made because there was no way to develop characters they ditched, changes were made because of "phenomenally complex politics".

Southern Red
August 8th, 2007, 07:29 AM
This little bit of the Gero interview left me puzzled. Anyone have any ideas?

"But give us the benefit of the doubt. With the comings and goings of cast, people assume that we're doing it just because of a whim of storytelling. I just came into the office one morning and I was like "You know what? I've got this great idea but it only works if we kill Beckett." And everyone's like "OK! Sure! Let's do it!" Same with Rainbow. There's a greater political thing. This is about a bunch of people who need to work smoothly together for things to work."

I thought they have always been just one big happy family. *is confused*

Suzotchka
August 8th, 2007, 07:44 AM

"But give us the benefit of the doubt. With the comings and goings of cast, people assume that we're doing it just because of a whim of storytelling. I just came into the office one morning and I was like "You know what? I've got this great idea but it only works if we kill Beckett." And everyone's like "OK! Sure! Let's do it!" Same with Rainbow. There's a greater political thing. This is about a bunch of people who need to work smoothly together for things to work."

I'm not sure what to make of it. Because, like you, I thought it was one big happy family. That's what I've always gotten from the actors at cons.

Falcon Horus
August 8th, 2007, 07:46 AM

Third that. I really don't want to know. It will only be depressing and Kate, my muse, has to be happy to produce many funny artwork-things, manips and fanfic.

Anuna
August 8th, 2007, 07:50 AM

Either my english is challenged or this makes no sense at all. I still don't know what exactly was accomplished with fording Aiden. Can somebody please spell it out for me?

Southern Red
August 8th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Either my english is challenged or this makes no sense at all. I still don't know what exactly was accomplished with fording Aiden. Can somebody please spell it out for me?

Probably not, because it doesn't make sense in any language. lol

If you take the statement literally, he is saying there were things going on behind the scenes that we the fans know nothing about that influenced the decision. That may be the networks, TPTB or even the actors themselves. All I get from it is that they keep telling us it's not what we think but never tell us what it is. And probably never will.

All in all, it just adds to the soap opera aspects of the behind the scenes machinations. What we end up with as far as story goes has very little to do with creativity, IMHO. :( That's why I'm back to looking at S4 as a complete AU.

dana
August 8th, 2007, 09:14 AM

If you take the statement literally, he is saying there were things going on behind the scenes that we the fans know nothing about that influenced the decision. That may be the networks, TPTB or even the actors themselves. All I get from it is that they keep telling us it's not what we think but never tell us what it is. And probably never will.

All in all, it just adds to the soap opera aspects of the behind the scenes machinations. What we end up with as far as story goes has very little to do with creativity, IMHO. :( That's why I'm back to looking at S4 as a complete AU.

I just skimmed through that interview (searched the text in my firefox for 'Weir' :D) and the thing is, they don't have to tell us anything. I don't think we have any right to know what's happening at the set with the cast and the TPTB, we're just supposed to watch the damn show. I think that is what he's been trying to say. 'Stop being so nosy, it's our decision/reason'.

Still very much anti.

*goes play sims 2* (great thing to take your mind of things ;)) At least my Sim!Atlantis has all main characters and no one is going to die. There. :D

Celcool
August 8th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I just skimmed through that interview (searched the text in my firefox for 'Weir' :D) and the thing is, they don't have to tell us anything. I don't think we have any right to know what's happening at the set with the cast and the TPTB, we're just supposed to watch the damn show. I think that is what he's been trying to say. 'Stop being so nosy, it's our decision/reason'.

Still very much anti.

*goes play sims 2* (great thing to take your mind of things ;)) At least my Sim!Atlantis has all main characters and no one is going to die. There. :D
Did you find any "Weir"?

Even if that is so (though many other TPTB like to explain things, have enough of respect for their audience to do that), we do have the choice if we want to watch it or not and to curse them for not doing things the way we want them to be done. ;)

Edit: just recieved this MyFuton alert:

"PAUL MCGILLION RETURNS TO 'STARGATE ATLANTIS'

Fan Favorite Returns for Two Episodes

Torri Higginson and Christopher Judge Also Guest Star in New Season"

Only "guest star". :mckay:

kimaken
August 8th, 2007, 09:40 AM

If you read the article on the GW Homepage, "Opinions: Letters to the Editor", the editor comments at the end about a conversation with one of the producers, which pretty much lays the blame on the actors but without actually committing to any specific persons or instances as proof. It still comes across as ambiguous posturing because they really can't explain what they did or why they did it.

I don't know why these PTB can't just come right out and say "the character(s) no longer work with the direction we want to take the show so we decided to make changes at this time" or give something else that sounds like a more reasonable explanation instead of these vague references to mysterious happenings going on behind the scenes that they really can't talk about but we'd undertand if we really knew what was going on...yada, yada, yada.

My personal opinion is that TPTB screwed up big time by misjudging the SGA fanbase and every time they try to clarify matters and thus win back the fans, they end up opening their mouths only to insert their very big feet--shoes and all!

Falcon Horus
August 8th, 2007, 09:45 AM
My personal opinion is that TPTB screwed up big time by misjudging the SGA fanbase and every time they try to clarify matters and thus win back the fans, they end up opening their mouths only to insert their very big feet--shoes and all!

Not supposed to be funny but still ... http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/FalconHorus/Smiley/Other/roflma.gif

justhere1971
August 8th, 2007, 09:52 AM
For whatever reason, I thought Gero was a supporter of the Weir character? He speaks of her scenes and such in the commentaries on the DVDs w/ great affection.

Anuna, laughed at your "fording Aiden". But I can see how the group as a whole won't work if all the players are not working well together. We really don't know what goes on day to day, how the actors interact with each other or the support staff. I can tell you from my experience as a manager, it is truly difficult when people don't mesh, and conflict happens. If they are creating actual productive distractions, it does work out eventually; but sometimes, I have to say "timeout" ... "work it out", etc.

On the other hand, I think we as fans are entitled to a simpler reasoning of offing a beloved character, other than "we went a different direction". I am sure we don't want the whole novel, just a short story would suffice, at least for me.

mcbarr
August 8th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Everyone is trying to cover their buttocks for the bad decisions, IMO.

Celcool
August 8th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Could also be, yes.

Anuna
August 8th, 2007, 10:23 AM
For whatever reason, I thought Gero was a supporter of the Weir character? He speaks of her scenes and such in the commentaries on the DVDs w/ great affection.

Anuna, laughed at your "fording Aiden". But I can see how the group as a whole won't work if all the players are not working well together. We really don't know what goes on day to day, how the actors interact with each other or the support staff. I can tell you from my experience as a manager, it is truly difficult when people don't mesh, and conflict happens. If they are creating actual productive distractions, it does work out eventually; but sometimes, I have to say "timeout" ... "work it out", etc.

On the other hand, I think we as fans are entitled to a simpler reasoning of offing a beloved character, other than "we went a different direction". I am sure we don't want the whole novel, just a short story would suffice, at least for me.

Heh, my english isn't that bad after all!! I did that "fording" observation on purpose.

Another thing - working with people is hard. Difficult. Agonizing sometimes. hey I know, it's my profession. When you ahndle a group that is supposed to work together than there should be a group leader, or better word would be a coordinator. Someone who should be commited to making things work; balancing things out, helping to sort out problems... giving up is the easiest thing to do. Somehow this ditching actors reminds me of that tactic. It doesn't work like we imagined it, we don't want to put effort.... call that phenomenally complex.

If you read the article on the GW Homepage, "Opinions: Letters to the Editor", the editor comments at the end about a conversation with one of the producers, which pretty much lays the blame on the actors but without actually committing to any specific persons or instances as proof. It still comes across as ambiguous posturing because they really can't explain what they did or why they did it.

I don't know why these PTB can't just come right out and say "the character(s) no longer work with the direction we want to take the show so we decided to make changes at this time" or give something else that sounds like a more reasonable explanation instead of these vague references to mysterious happenings going on behind the scenes that they really can't talk about but we'd undertand if we really knew what was going on...yada, yada, yada.

Exactly! And they keep repeating that the show isn't made for the fans and that fan's oppinions don't count. What does, then???

Did you find any "Weir"?

Even if that is so (though many other TPTB like to explain things, have enough of respect for their audience to do that), we do have the choice if we want to watch it or not and to curse them for not doing things the way we want them to be done. ;)

Edit: just recieved this MyFuton alert:

"PAUL MCGILLION RETURNS TO 'STARGATE ATLANTIS'

Fan Favorite Returns for Two Episodes

Torri Higginson and Christopher Judge Also Guest Star in New Season"

Only "guest star". :mckay:

We do have a choice. I'll excercise my right / choice not to watch (that was my reference to my fav film "Dead Poets Society")

Oh I thought it was my english and i was lost in the translation.

I agree, we probbably will never know what the big reason was. And yeah, what we end up has almost nothing to do with creativity. By definition creativity is something that breaks boundaries, you can't pull a line and say "You have to be creative under these terms".

What we end up with is AU. A bad one.

Ruined_puzzle
August 8th, 2007, 10:41 AM
He did say that there was market research about the show in s2 but even then they got conflicting numbers. Both the most liked episodes were the least liked episodes. lol. I don't see how they could make a decision based on that.

So if the actors had been getting along for the past 3 years than what happened to make them not get along. The addition of someone. MMMM...

I heard that Rainbow was fired because he was always late. Where did I see that. Tries to remember.

Heaven
August 8th, 2007, 10:51 AM
the most disturbing thing about that interview for me was:
"we're definitely using the Season Three model on Season Four as opposed to a Season One and Two model,"

I really didn't like season 3, and without my favorite characters there season 4 will be even worse!
season 3 had the weakest stories and lack of content in my opinion
they tried to cover it up with special effects but it didn't work for me
he talks about season three as a "character building" season, but character building has to develop with the story, sort of a "by the way" thing
not have stories ad-hoc for character moments- that's actually what soaps do.

besides what's the point of character building when you're just gonna off them in the cheapest most meaningless way and forget about them the next episode

Southern Red
August 8th, 2007, 11:00 AM

Still very much anti.

That's true, but they just keep digging deeper holes. It's like everybody has a different story. There's no coordination. Am I saying pick a lie and stick with it? Maybe.

And I've been working out my frustrations today by polishing brass. Shiny.

That's kinda the opposite of what they first said. We decided to make a change, so this character had to go. Odd and odder. Someone smart should do a timeline of the reasons for getting rid of Weir starting back with the BW interview. *hints and goes back to polishing*

Why am I hearing Forrest Gump? ;)

Anuna
August 8th, 2007, 11:10 AM
"we're definitely using the Season Three model on Season Four as opposed to a Season One and Two model,"

I really didn't like season 3, and without my favorite characters there season 4 will be even worse!
he talks about season three as a "character building" season, but character building has to develop with the story, sort of a "by the way" thing

besides what's the point of character building when you're just gonna off them in the cheapest most meaningless way and forget about them the next episode

Now we got them! Ha! We figured it out - they are turning Atlantis into a soap. There! (sorry guys I just couldn't resist writing this).

Story has to affect characters and they change because of that. I think that is a line from Celcools signature. You dont twist and turn characters upside down to make them fit into the story. if you decide A will happen, you have to think about how A will affect the characters; which means you have to think about them as if they were real people. (at least that's what I do when i write something) I think only then you get good results. good characters and decent character development doesn't happen over night or by chance. You can't leave it only to actors either, you have to help them along too. Too much work? Could be.

Now what could I polish? Suggestions SR?

Southern Red
August 8th, 2007, 11:11 AM

Hey again. Sorry for the double post, but I didn't see this before.

That disturbed me profoundly. Don't most fans say that S1 was by far the best? I know it was for me. And I even like S2 better than the last half of S3. Put Submersion, The Ark, and Vengeance up against The Storm, The Eye, Siege 1,2,3 and see what looks better. Even Michael, Coup D'Etat and Critical Mass are better IMHO. And we won't even talk about the so-called comedies.

And what character building are they talking about? I must have slept through that. What more do we know about anyone? Who has matured, grown wiser, braver, more stable? Did we have to hear in Sateda John tell us that he'd die for his team? Anyone who saw any of S1 knows that. I could rant on, but you get the idea. Maybe some of you disagree, and I'm willing to adjust my thoughts. But I don't know what they mean by character building. Maybe they mean the characters will have more touchy feely conversations. In which case I will need anti-nausea medication. Or maybe just more Scotch. ;)

Anuna, just grab a rag and start rubbing something till it shines.

Anuna
August 8th, 2007, 11:22 AM

That disturbed me profoundly. Don't most fans say that S1 was by far the best? I know it was for me. And I even like S2 better than the last half of S3. Put Submersion, The Ark, and Vengeance up against The Storm, The Eye, Siege 1,2,3 and see what looks better. Even Michael, Coup D'Etat and Critical Mass are better IMHO. And we won't even talk about the so-called comedies.

And what character building are they talking about? I must have slept through that. What more do we know about anyone? Who has matured, grown wiser, braver, more stable? Did we have to hear in Sateda John tell us that he'd die for his team? Anyone who saw any of S1 knows that. I could rant on, but you get the idea. Maybe some of you disagree, and I'm willing to adjust my thoughts. But I don't know what they mean by character building. Maybe they mean the characters will have more touchy feely conversations. In which case I will need anti-nausea medication. Or maybe just more Scotch. ;)

I'm still sticking with my argument that best John - character - building moments were in:

The Rising (you learn pretty much everything about him then)

TS/TE

Siege

Epiphany.

He doesn't have to say he would die for his team - after you watch The Eye it's clear.
Season 1 had the best stories. Season 2 was also good; with Critical Mass being an extraordinary episode IMO. Everybody was busy, doing something, everybody was part of the story. The best eps in S3 are The Real World and Common Ground. The rest of it... SR, pass that Scotch, please. I think I could use some.

Celcool
August 8th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Now we got them! Ha! We figured it out - they are turning Atlantis into a soap. There! (sorry guys I just couldn't resist writing this).

Story has to affect characters and they change because of that. I think that is a line from Celcools signature. You dont twist and turn characters upside down to make them fit into the story. if you decide A will happen, you have to think about how A will affect the characters; which means you have to think about them as if they were real people. (at least that's what I do when i write something) I think only then you get good results. good characters and decent character development doesn't happen over night or by chance. You can't leave it only to actors either, you have to help them along too. Too much work? Could be.

Now what could I polish? Suggestions SR?
You remember that? :) James Duff, the creator of The Closer, has said it and I wholeheartedly agree with him and appreciate him for having such respect for his characters.

S4 sounds so soap-operish with Teyla pregnancy on a scifi show. :S

LOL

I would agree, that there was almost none subtle character development (hey maybe they don't know the meaning of this) but there was this awesome team dynamic building which seemed the best until now and now they've ruined it with all the cast changes. If there was anybody from the cast who didn't get along with somebody, it certainly wasn't showing in any way on the show.

What Heaven said, that's what happened:

but character building has to develop with the story, sort of a "by the way" thing
not have stories ad-hoc for character moments- that's actually what soaps do

I'm still sticking with my argument that best John - character - building moments were in:

The Rising (you learn pretty much everything about him then)

TS/TE

Siege

Epiphany.

He doesn't have to say he would die for his team - after you watch The Eye it's clear.
Season 1 had the best stories. Season 2 was also good; with Critical Mass being an extraordinary episode IMO. Everybody was busy, doing something, everybody was part of the story. The best eps in S3 are The Real World and Common Ground. The rest of it... SR, pass that Scotch, please. I think I could use some.
And those two are the episodes I watched first, they got me hooked to the show. What luck, huh? I saw one of the best first. No wonder I immediately saw Sparky. In TRW, it was John helping Elizabeth and in CG, it was Elizabeth worrying about John with the hurt look on her face while watching him on the monitor.

Anuna
August 8th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Celcool, don't remind me of those scenes (wrong thread I know) - those moments in CG are brilliant, wonderfully played by all actors and profoundly disturbing. Every time I watch CG I have a need to break something.

And yup, there was team dynammics development. It can also be seen in CG. And yes, I remeber that quote by James Duff - because it's true and I wholeheartedly agree with him. If you want your characters to be beliavable, you ahve to treat them like real people and not wallpapers. And if yous tart kicking characters out, the whole team dynammics thing goes straight out of the window.

SR, I cleaned my windows today. Does that count?

Southern Red
August 8th, 2007, 12:12 PM
SR, I cleaned my windows today. Does that count?

You bet. Now I'm going to go sharpen my knives and find something to chop. :(

Anuna
August 8th, 2007, 12:32 PM
You bet. Now I'm going to go sharpen my knives and find something to chop. :(

*almost chokes over her turkey sandwich* :weiranime20:

Did I say turkey sandwich? :sheppardanime21: Yup. I think i need another one.

mcbarr
August 8th, 2007, 01:12 PM

That's exactly what I think. Coincidentally, the article in question is about the new station... :rolleyes: BTW, have you noticed how ships and stations (and even characters :)) are regularly appearing and disappearing on Stargate lately? LOL, are they suffering from some sort of bipolar disorder?

Anuna
August 8th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Both that and collective amnesia. They need Dr. Phil over there, but I wonder how long he would last.

Heaven
August 8th, 2007, 01:58 PM
BTW, have you noticed how ships and stations (and even characters :)) are regularly appearing and disappearing on Stargate lately? LOL, are they suffering from some sort of bipolar disorder?

yeah. they're just eye candy :p

Celcool
August 8th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Both that and collective amnesia. They need Dr. Phil over there, but I wonder how long he would last.
LOL killed off soon and forgotten the next episode. Not safe coming on Stargate, poor characters you play. ;)

Falcon Horus
August 8th, 2007, 02:09 PM
As long as you don't have a name for your character and you're stil recurring you're pretty safe.
Doctors are never safe, and Atlantis has plenty of those.

Ever since Chuck has gotten an official name, he stepped up on the ladder of death.

justhere1971
August 8th, 2007, 04:57 PM
As long as you don't have a name for your character and you're stil recurring you're pretty safe.
Doctors are never safe, and Atlantis has plenty of those.

Ever since Chuck has gotten an official name, he stepped up on the ladder of death.

no kidding! I am waiting for the Lorne one too. It's like from Pokemon -- we're blasting off again!

** the wine w/ dinner was really good. pardon my silliness. **

nowvoyager908
August 8th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I have to agree with you guys (yes, again).

Season 1 was in my mind, the best. I could watch those episodes over and over again and never get bored.

Season 2 was hit or miss. I watched every episode when it aired, but season 2 is now in syndication and I find myself not caring more often than not.

Season 3 was also hit or miss. (Lucius Lavin any one? :S) And I'm having a hard time remembering all the wondrous character development in season 3 . . . whatever little we did learn came at the expense of one Dr. Carson Beckett. Was "Yeah, I was married once" supposed to be some lightning bolt of understanding from the script gods?

As I said once before, these guys don't write this show for me anymore. Whatever they have to say is just static.

Southern Red
August 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM
I have to agree with you guys (yes, again).

Season 1 was in my mind, the best. I could watch those episodes over and over again and never get bored.

Season 2 was hit or miss. I watched every episode when it aired, but season 2 is now in syndication and I find myself not caring more often than not.

Season 3 was also hit or miss. (Lucius Lavin any one? :S) And I'm having a hard time remembering all the wondrous character development in season 3 . . . whatever little we did learn came at the expense of one Dr. Carson Beckett. Was "Yeah, I was married once" supposed to be some lightning bolt of understanding from the script gods?

As I said once before, these guys don't write this show for me anymore. Whatever they have to say is just static.

Mental green for you. I'm the same way. I even watched S1 in syndication, now S2 is showing on Sat afternoon and I don't even check to see which one is on. I've even found when doing vids that I use more S1 because I know those so well. S2 is a close second and there are some S3 eps that I've watched only once.

I guess those of us here are in the minority though. I wish I knew what most people think. Their market research results sound whacked to me too.

nowvoyager908
August 8th, 2007, 06:12 PM

I agree with Anuna on this one. I think the politics he's talking about has little to do with what happens within the confines of the show or the cast, but rather from outside the "big happy family".

I bet that with SG1 coming to an end, TPTB were give some kind of ultimatum by MGM or SciFi or whoever to make certain changes, i.e., (1) bring someone over from SG1 and (2) get some pretty little thing to keep the teenage boys happy (because apparently one woman in tight clothing is just not enough these days).

Wasn't it reported that PM was told his character was getting the ax to "shake things up". Either that was a creative decision on the part of TPTB or a creative decision forced on them by a higher authority. Same with Weir.

There's never been any rumor of problems on the set, and with the intense level of "investment" some fans have with Stargate, I bet any rumors would have hit GW by this time. (Unless TPTB considered TH trying to have some mention of Carson's death included in a script a treasonous act punishable by banishment to Ford land. LOL)

The bottom line for me is that whatever the reason, the show they're producing for season 4 is not a show I want to see. Whether that is the fault of TPTB or some other shadowy figure is immaterial.

nowvoyager908
August 8th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Mental green for you. I'm the same way. I even watched S1 in syndication, now S2 is showing on Sat afternoon and I don't even check to see which one is on. I've even found when doing vids that I use more S1 because I know those so well. S2 is a close second and there are some S3 eps that I've watched only once.

I guess those of us here are in the minority though. I wish I knew what most people think. Their market research results sound whacked to me too.

I'm not sure most people know what to think. Sometimes I think the fans are being manipulated by TPTB. I know I sound like some big conspiracy nut (too much X-Files), but I consider it just a healthy skepticism. :cool:

Ruined_puzzle
August 8th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Guys Black Hawk finished her film. They are made of awesome. I laughed so much.

Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for your help and support! Moe Jacuzzi's blog is such fun. And now for the payoff (I hope)! The fan film SHIPPER WARS is finally done. This is a film made specifically for those "in the know," as it were, of the Atlantis internet community.

I hope you enjoy, though it may upset a few so I stuck a note on the beginning. Please keep in mind that it is a satire/parody, like the blog.

Shipper Wars

Part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z7rhTIqJKas
Part 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5SvndWjaUgQ
Part 3: http://youtube.com/watch?v=MPm5pPHxrGs

And for those interested, Mr. Jacuzzi mentions the film in his latest blog entry: http://moejacuzzi.blogspot.com/

The challenge now is how to tell Joe Mallozzi about the whole thing. I guess I should just post a comment on his blog!

May you all be well and wish me luck so that I don't get assassinated by the Mafia and angry fans... Much love! :teyla:

Alexandra
August 9th, 2007, 01:02 AM
I'm not sure most people know what to think. Sometimes I think the fans are being manipulated by TPTB. I know I sound like some big conspiracy nut (too much X-Files), but I consider it just a healthy skepticism. :cool:

I think the tptb likes to keep the fans waiting and excited.
If they succed to make SG-1 fans watch SGA then they have accomplished the goal of this whole publicity. Everywhere I look I see something about Carter, but nothing about Weir; they already forgot about her! Carson is mentioned to make outraged fans feel better that he'll be back, nothing more.

I guess that's the point, they want people to swallow the changes as quickly as possible and increase ratings.
It's just business and of course it doesn't make any sense from our POV.

Willow'sCat
August 9th, 2007, 01:53 AM

I thought they have always been just one big happy family. *is confused*Why are you confused? It is TV and it is a business. Actors are just fodder, they do not call it the cattle call for nothing. ;)

I am not saying tptb are entirely to blame for the changes in cast I think SciFi had some influence but in the end they (Bridge Studios/MGM) are the ones who put this show out so of course the buck stops with them. I think we can only say they didn't go out of their way to stop the changes from occurring. At least it doesn't seem like it to me.

Like many others though, I do have a problem with what seems like talk to just placate fans of the actors/characters. I think we all know now that neither Torri or Paul will do a "Michael Shanks" and return permanently. If you do you are only going to be disappointed.

Putting my own personal wants aside, that "talk" from tptb (about no one ever dies and sure if the right story/script comes along for that character :rolleyes::rolleyes:) hurts the show, it is worse then the talk about Ford and even worse then the Jonas situation which is bad enough. And now it would seem foolish to think tptb will outs Carter if they have a choice.

To me there are no winners here except Carter/SG-1 fans. :S That bods well for SGA....:cool::rolleyes:

Martin Gero's interview did nothing to allay my fears for season 4, he may have added to them.

dana
August 9th, 2007, 02:22 AM
*snip*

Like many others though, I do have a problem with what seems like talk to just placate fans of the actors/characters. I think we all know now that neither Torri or Paul will do a "Michael Shanks" and return permanently. If you do you are only going to be disappointed.

Thank you for voicing what I've thought since the news started spreading out. There are so many people who are confident she'll be back permanently for s5. (if there's s5, mind you ;)) This way I'm prepared for the worst, if that doesn't happen then I'd be pleasantly surprised, but I don't think that will be the case.

ccdsah
August 9th, 2007, 02:22 AM
I think the tptb likes to keep the fans waiting and excited.
If they succed to make SG-1 fans watch SGA then they have accomplished the goal of this whole publicity. Everywhere I look I see something about Carter, but nothing about Weir; they already forgot about her! Carson is mentioned to make outraged fans feel better that he'll be back, nothing more.

I guess that's the point, they want people to swallow the changes as quickly as possible and increase ratings.

Why are you confused? It is TV and it is a business. Actors are just fodder, they do not call it the cattle call for nothing. ;)

I am not saying tptb are entirely to blame for the changes in cast I think SciFi had some influence but in the end they (Bridge Studios/MGM) are the ones who put this show out so of course the buck stops with them. I think we can only say they didn't go out of their way to stop the changes from occurring. At least it doesn't seem like it to me.

Putting my own personal wants aside, that "talk" from tptb (about no one ever dies and sure if the right story/script comes along for that character :rolleyes::rolleyes:) hurts the show, it is worse then the talk about Ford and even worse then the Jonas situation which is bad enough. And now it would seem foolish to think tptb will outs Carter if they have a choice.

To me there are no winners here except Carter/SG-1 fans. :S That bods well for SGA....:cool::rolleyes:

Martin Gero's interview did nothing to allay my fears for season 4, he may have added to them.

I wonder why they do something like that? Haven't they learned anything from S9-10. Let's compare the situation
SG-1 S9-10
1. Jack gone - 2 small (less than 5 mins) cameo in S9, one small cameo in "200" and a slightly bigger role in "Shroud", hardly ever mentioned
2. Farscaping SG-1 with Cam and Vala
3. Stupid Landry/Lam interaction...
SGA S4
1. Weir gone - don't expect too much from her episodes on S4 (Jack-like light presences at best)
2. Becket gone see 1.
3. Carter+Keller=Cam/Landry+Vala in SG-1 S9-10
I wonder why they think a similar (heck maybe even worse) "solution" will work this time
And let's face it if RDA could have succesfully been replaced (if it would have been handled corectly) by 3 guys Ben, Claudia and Beau I really don't see Amanda (with only 14 episodes) and Jewel (with 6) will be able to successfully replace Torri and Paul...
/end rant

Anuna
August 9th, 2007, 02:35 AM

Of course it's just business, and it's not made for fans, our oppinions don't matter, remeber? So who cares if we end up dissapointed? As long as ratings are good, it doesn't matter what fans like or dislike. Well, I'm not going to swallov the changes. They don't taste good, so I'm gonna spit them out of my mouth.

Why are you confused? It is TV and it is a business. Actors are just fodder, they do not call it the cattle call for nothing. ;)

Of course PM and TH won't do "Michael Shanks". (Sad, because most people, IMO, get to like specific character/actor - we get "attached" to those personalities and that is what makes us tune in and keep watching the show. maybe I am living under a rock, but to me actors are esential thing for a TV show - sad that they are treated like fodder. ) That's why I usually say SGA ends at the middle of S3 for me. I'm not going to watch something I don't like, simple as that. carter fans may have their fun, I'll find something else to keep me entertained. Simple as that. *nods and reaches for her M*A*S*H DVDs* :cameron:

Willow'sCat
August 9th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Actually I hadn't thought about the Cam/Vala thing. I don't really watch SG-1 anymore I keep forgetting Jack left :P but really they are good examples of what SG-1 fans of certain characters have been hearing from tptb over the years.

Even if the situation is different and both Michael and RDA wanted to leave I still think tptb have been playing the same old hand, when the script is appropriate AND the actor available (how convenient if they are not) then we will SEE if we can MAYBE bring them back for ONE episode in the FUTURE. :cool::rolleyes:

We are not stupid, we know if they really, really want it to happen they will make it happen. Unless of course the actor really, really doesn't want it to happen. ;)

Anything else is just teasing fans and not in a good way. I am still pissed with tptb over Jonas, but I never expect to see him on SG-1 EVER again! :(

Anuna
August 9th, 2007, 02:51 AM
May I add, I miss Jonas too! he was amazing.

Back to rant. With all these things tptb say I feel like they want to dumb us down. I'm positively not dumb.

Southern Red
August 9th, 2007, 05:05 AM

Oh, I'm not confused on that issue. It is a business, and what we see is an illusion. They change actors like they change their socks, and since they don't think of their characters as real people like we do, it doesn't matter to them.

They also know that losing a few Carson/Elizabeth fans won't matter in the long run. Most of the great unwashed out there still have no idea about all the changes (except Carson) that we have been ranting about for months. It will be interesting to see how they will react when all is said and done. I predict that it won't matter a hill of beans.

It is naive of us to think that Torri will ever be back after her few episodes in S4 or that Paul will return full time. The most we can hope for is to make a fuss and annoy as many PTB as possible for as long as possible. I'm afraid Carter is here to stay as well.

All that said, I plan to still watch every last one because I love more parts of this show than just my ship/character preferences. I may have to cover my eyes at times and let my husband tell me when I can look, but I'll still love the action, the banter and the boys.

*sighs and goes back to polishing* Actually, I've run out of brass. Today I may tackle the silver. *gags*

Falcon Horus
August 9th, 2007, 05:07 AM
I may have to cover my eyes at times and let my husband tell me when I can look, but I'll still love the action, the banter and the boys.

Wouldn't that mean, you also had to cover your ears a little? I mean, you may not see them but you will still hear them. :p

Anuna
August 9th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Well I'll go looking somewhere else for banter and the boys. Crap, I ran out of windows!!! :P

Southern Red
August 9th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Wouldn't that mean, you also had to cover your ears a little? I mean, you may not see them but you will still hear them. :p

I thought about that. I'll just "lalala" really loud. I don't care what hubby says. Besides he's still partially deaf from the last time I squeed at this show. *tries to remember that far back* ;)

Falcon Horus
August 9th, 2007, 06:51 AM
I thought about that. I'll just "lalala" really loud. I don't care what hubby says. Besides he's still partially deaf from the last time I squeed at this show. *tries to remember that far back* ;)

LOL

nowvoyager908
August 9th, 2007, 07:12 AM
I don’t have any doubt in my mind that Elizabeth is gone for good. I’m not going to watch season 4 on the off chance that they might have a change of heart and bring her or Carson back if there is a season 5.

In my mind, bringing the characters back full-time would be an admission by TPTB that a mistake was made, and I don’t know if many PTB (not just Stargate) have the humility and good grace to make such an admission. I doubt they would admit it privately, so a public mea culpa is definitely not on the agenda. LOL.

And I agree that bringing Carson back for 2 episodes is the equivalent of throwing a dog a bone (though I am in no way comparing Beckett fans to canines of any shape or form. :))

Maybe the “great unwashed” won’t notice or care that Weir and Beckett are out. Before I found this site back in January, I was a “casual viewer” and believe me, I would have noticed that two of my favorite characters were sent packing. That unwelcome news is what transformed me from “casual” to “seriously pissed” in the first place. :weir44:

Regardless of the eventual outcome, the cause is worth fighting for. And if nothing else, we’ve had some great conversations (and laughed a little bit) over the last couple of months.

Falcon Horus
August 9th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Regardless of the eventual outcome, the cause is worth fighting for. And if nothing else, we’ve had some great conversations (and laughed a little bit) over the last couple of months.

Hail to that! :D

Anuna
August 9th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I don’t have any doubt in my mind that Elizabeth is gone for good. I’m not going to watch season 4 on the off chance that they might have a change of heart and bring her or Carson back if there is a season 5.

In my mind, bringing the characters back full-time would be an admission by TPTB that a mistake was made, and I don’t know if many PTB (not just Stargate) have the humility and good grace to make such an admission. I doubt they would admit it privately, so a public mea culpa is definitely not on the agenda. LOL.

And I agree that bringing Carson back for 2 episodes is the equivalent of throwing a dog a bone (though I am in no way comparing Beckett fans to canines of any shape or form. :))

Maybe the “great unwashed” won’t notice or care that Weir and Beckett are out. Before I found this site back in January, I was a “casual viewer” and believe me, I would have noticed that two of my favorite characters were sent packing. That unwelcome news is what transformed me from “casual” to “seriously pissed” in the first place. :weir44:

I second that!!!

I went through few phases: from enthusiastic viewer, towards seriously pissed ending with no viewer at all - the third one is comming really soon. LOL I watched SGA because of the characters, Elizabeth being my favourite character, and Carson close behind. With two of them gone (no I'm not buying that 2 episodes guest starring, that is load of nothing) I don't have interest in the show. I'd probbably feel the pain not seeing them there,a nd watching the rest of the team and some unwellcome newcommers having great time. No thank you.

mcbarr
August 9th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Hail to that! :D

:indeed: Antis and Save campaigners are the only reason I haven't phased out yet.

Anuna
August 9th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I know the feeling, mcbarr!

kimaken
August 9th, 2007, 09:15 AM
:indeed: Antis and Save campaigners are the only reason I haven't phased out yet.

Yeppers mcbarr, I get more enjoyment out of the Antis and Save campaigner threads than I do watching the show. Then again, it could be because I've lost my two fave characters--my very reason for watching the show--that I no longer care about the adventures of Rodney and John!

BeckettRulez
August 9th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Yeppers mcbarr, I get more enjoyment out of the Antis and Save campaigner threads than I do watching the show. Then again, it could be because I've lost my two fave characters--my very reason for watching the show--that I no longer care about the adventures of Rodney and John!

Well spoken.:jack_new_anime07: I feel the same way. For me Carson was a huge part of why I liked Atlantis, without him and Weir something is missing. It doesn't feel complete anymore.

Anuna
August 9th, 2007, 09:50 AM

Exactly. The caracters that brought something new and different to the show are gone. What's left to watch? Bunch of boys with toys. There is plenty of that in other shows... so.... :mckay:

Well spoken.:jack_new_anime07: I feel the same way. For me Carson was a huge part of why I liked Atlantis, without him and Weir something is missing. It doesn't feel complete anymore.

It's like you rip out someone's heart and soul. Or to put it in Harry Potter terms, something close to Dementor kiss.

BeckettRulez
August 9th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Exactly. The caracters that brought something new and different to the show are gone. What's left to watch? Bunch of boys with toys. There is plenty of that in other shows... so.... :mckay:

It's like you rip out someone's heart and soul. Or to put it in Harry Potter terms, something close to Dementor kiss.

Well, in that case we need a "expecto patronum" *thinkingofhappythoughts* -> Carson in his quarters, listening to bagpipes, while Elizabeth argues with Rodney again+ ending of season 3 not happening at all ;)

justhere1971
August 9th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Guys Black Hawk finished her film. They are made of awesome. I laughed so much.

ROFL - did you all see JM actually posted in the blog?

Southern Red
August 9th, 2007, 11:54 AM
ROFL - did you all see JM actually posted in the blog?

Yes, I saw that, and didn't I say he would get it? Well, I meant to. ;) It's too bad some of his blog friends don't. Pretty sad that folks in an "anti" thread have a better sense of humor than the so-called "pros". Or at least some of them. I say let's all laugh at ourselves and move on. Lord knows my shipper group has taken its share of hits. Yet we are still around. Okay, maybe that means we're nuts, but I like nuts. Though I am allergic to cashews. :lol:

justhere1971
August 9th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Yes, I saw that, and didn't I say he would get it? Well, I meant to. ;) It's too bad some of his blog friends don't. Pretty sad that folks in an "anti" thread have a better sense of humor than the so-called "pros". Or at least some of them. I say let's all laugh at ourselves and move on. Lord knows my shipper group has taken its share of hits. Yet we are still around. Okay, maybe that means we're nuts, but I like nuts. Though I am allergic to cashews. :lol:

I am proud to be in the same bag of nuts as you all... SPARKY RULEZ.

Ruined_puzzle
August 9th, 2007, 12:02 PM

And clearly we can kick ass too judging by the video. lol.

nowvoyager908
August 9th, 2007, 12:04 PM

Deleted . . . because my post made no sense. LOL.

Anuna
August 9th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Peanuts guys, for crying out loud, did you forget that penaut butter and chocholate comment? Proud to be in that bag with rest of you.

Falcon Horus
August 9th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Lucky for us insanity doesn't hurt, otherwise we'd be screaming out in pain they'd hear us all the way in Vancouver. :p

justhere1971
August 9th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Guys the trailer shown at ComicCon is posted couple threads ahead of us ... worth a look.

towards the end Teyla's comment - wonder who she is speaking to? My fevered brains wants it to be Elizabeth

Anuna
August 9th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Since I don't want to watch the trailer, would you be kind and type is short what teyla said?

SGFerrit
August 9th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Guys the trailer shown at ComicCon is posted couple threads ahead of us ... worth a look.

towards the end Teyla's comment - wonder who she is speaking to? My fevered brains wants it to be Elizabeth

Yes, I expect you guys will actually like the trailer. Quite Elizabeth heavy:)

SGFerrit
August 9th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Since I don't want to watch the trailer, would you be kind and type is short what teyla said?

Angsty-Teyla voice: "You WILL survive. You WILL return home."

Anuna
August 9th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Thank you very much. Not sure though I want to know what that was about.

SGFerrit
August 9th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Don't worry (if I am you thinking what I think your thinking) i.e it has been stated that she does not die:)

Anuna
August 9th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Well, but I don't think she'll be back for real. :) But thank you, you are kind.

Falcon Horus
August 9th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Don't worry (if I am you thinking what I think your thinking) i.e it has been stated that she does not die:)

No, instead she'll be left hanging in limbo which is worse than being dead. :mckay:

Ask Ford what that's like, he knows.

Edit: Just watched the vid because I'm like that. And I'm afraid to inform you, that Teyla says those words to Keller, since she's pretty much wearing the same clothes as the scenes with Jennifer, and they do get caught by the bad guys.

justhere1971
August 9th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Thank you very much. Not sure though I want to know what that was about.

This is sorta long ... includes almost every scene - some of Sam ... sorry!

Shep in the chair - not on Atlantis, Larrin walking the halls. Makes snarky comments about Shep shooting quickly :D .. .Shep shoots back.
SG1 going through the gate - old group.
Daedalus coming off hyperspace ...
Rodney w/ shot of Atlantis in space "were gonna do this? It's now or never"
Shor of J, R, T & Ronon walking through a field (looks to be an old scene)
Shot of Atlantis on water.
Shep w/ Elizabeth, Rodney and the guy from I think "Iressitible" (w/ big smiles on all except Shep) running towards the gate in Atlantis -- possibly old scene.
Rodney "long range sensor picked up a hive ship" E rushes in w/ J right behind him in the control room.
Shep "we got a problem again" glances at E, E glances back -- looks worried.
Someone screams "sam". A little more Sam.. skipping this.
Shep "this is not good"
Michael " you and your team will not get off this planet alive" -- is this repeat?
Rodney moaning about not ever being kidnapped by some sexy villain. Ronon smiling on.
Sam: "some ppl didn't think we had a chance" - glances towards someone.
Shelp & E?
Shep congratulates Sam on promotion (too casual)
E "there's no more time, the replicators have breached the EM fields"
Rod "we're as good as dead"
Shep "we can hear you, you know"?
Larrin making a move on Shep -- Shep looks worried. :D
Is that a shot of E on the hospital bed?
Rodney "call me crazy but I don't exactly trust them".
John screams "Elizabeth" -- melting......
Elizabeth looks worriedly at him, is surrounded by ppl (getting kidnapped?)
Teyla "you will survive, you will return home. The life of everyone on Atlantis is at stake".

Lot's of Keller stuff too.

OT: just realized I haven't transcribed anything since my days of transcribing old WWII widow diaries in College.
Sorry for the typos.

Anuna
August 9th, 2007, 02:46 PM
What? Carter got promoted - again????

justhere1971
August 9th, 2007, 02:48 PM
What? Carter got promoted - again????

No Shep was just congratulating her on making full bird.

Anuna
August 9th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Since I'm not an american, i don't know what that means, except that she outranks him, right?

Shep congratulating her... oh the very thought makes me feel sick in my stomach. Ditch Elizabeth so Carter can take over. Whoops, wrong thread.