PDA

View Full Version : The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Ruined_puzzle
July 21st, 2007, 06:49 PM
Hmmm. You know, I wasn't crazy about The Game the first time I watched it, but there were definitely some parts I liked the second time through. Lorne & Zelenka were awesome. Those two should be in more scenes together. :) And Rodney and Ronon had some great scenes.

I'm kind of sick and tired of Mckay/Sheppard (I know, I know) but I did enjoy Lorne/Zelenka, I just generally love Lorne and Zelenka. What made me not like the episode was that this COULD have been an episode where the writers could have used Elizabeth's negotiating skills effectively. Instead we got comic relief and an exasperated Elizabeth. So instead of the writers actually having to try and write Elizabeth they went the easy way out and played that scene for laughs. I'm all for laughs but this was the perfect opportunity to see Elizabeth doing what she does best.

Killdeer
July 21st, 2007, 07:16 PM
I'm kind of sick and tired of Mckay/Sheppard (I know, I know) but I did enjoy Lorne/Zelenka, I just generally love Lorne and Zelenka. What made me not like the episode was that this COULD have been an episode where the writers could have used Elizabeth's negotiating skills effectively. Instead we got comic relief and an exasperated Elizabeth. So instead of the writers actually having to try and write Elizabeth they went the easy way out and played that scene for laughs. I'm all for laughs but this was the perfect opportunity to see Elizabeth doing what she does best.

I think I could have phrased my original post better - I've gone back and edited it. :)

You don't like McKay/Sheppard!! :eek::eek: :D Actually, I've noticed quite a few people here (on Gateworld) don't, which surprised me a little bit since they seem to be so popular on LJ and in fanfiction. That's ok. Everyone likes different things. Actually, while I loved the glimpses that this episode gave of what Shep and McKay get up to in their free time, I was almost as frustrated with them as Elizabeth was, that even when they realized how serious it was, they couldn't quite give up their feud. That was annoying - I admit. It could have been done better all around. And yes, they could have done the negotiating scene a lot better. :)

parisindy
July 21st, 2007, 11:12 PM
No, no I want it to be canceled tooooo. lol. You're not alone(DW, LOL) Although if it doesn't I won't be cursing or anything. It's just I don't care about this new show without Elizabeth or Carson, but mostly Elizabeth.

exactly really i won't be upset either way :) ((hugs))

i love Shep and Rodney stuff, and Zelenka and Lorne and well i could go on lol that was what was great about it i loved everyone. But i agree in that i would watch the crappy bits of old Atlantis any day over this new incarnation. Even if there was a stinky episode or moment it was 'oh well next week then' lol

because i loved the characters there was always the hope, i don't love all the characters anymore. And they killed half the team, i don't dare care about this new Atlantis because if i do they will just kill someone off again. And i'll just be annoyed and grumpy and pissed off again.

see i think the real peace is in this thread.. we all totally like different things and you know what its fine, and i think thats cool.

my fav episodes .. hmm Sateda, 38 minutes, the defiant one, echos, common ground, the rising 1 and 2, hot zone, duet, conversion, the long goodbye, and phantoms

least fav, first strike, sunday, iRRESPONSIBLE, IRRESISTIBLE (though i do love the shep carson moments.. those were fab), the return p2, and well i don't really think atlantis has ever done a decent season finale or season premiere ,
i never hated them i just always felt ... m'eh

there are some shows where i think the season finale should become legendary lol

supernatural s1 and s2, Andromeda s1, x-files season 2. i think Atlantis strongest episodes were in the middle, with the exception of rising

oh and i can't think of anything for zed :lol:

and a little note...gads it is so freaking nice to have a real atlantis conversation again

thanks guys ((hugs))

Celcool
July 22nd, 2007, 04:31 AM
Me too. You have to laugh or go crazy. That's why I love this thread.

Maybe we should think up a new name for the new show.

How about SGA: Some Giant Aliens? or maybe Some Grow Annoying?

Can I do both?

Haha! How about: Silly Grown-ups Alienate (fans)?
LOL Good titles, seems fitting to their new show.

I fear that atlantis will be canceled and not based on the character changes, but the actor/actresses. There have been too many changes too quickly in the second and third season.
One can only hope.

No, no I want it to be canceled tooooo. lol. You're not alone(DW, LOL) Although if it doesn't I won't be cursing or anything. It's just I don't care about this new show without Elizabeth or Carson, but mostly Elizabeth.

Same here. Get cancelled, I don't care.

y - yesterday ... as in Carter is so...
hehe ;)

exactly really i won't be upset either way :) ((hugs))

i love Shep and Rodney stuff, and Zelenka and Lorne and well i could go on lol that was what was great about it i loved everyone. But i agree in that i would watch the crappy bits of old Atlantis any day over this new incarnation. Even if there was a stinky episode or moment it was 'oh well next week then' lol

because i loved the characters there was always the hope, i don't love all the characters anymore. And they killed half the team, i don't dare care about this new Atlantis because if i do they will just kill someone off again. And i'll just be annoyed and grumpy and pissed off again.

see i think the real peace is in this thread.. we all totally like different things and you know what its fine, and i think thats cool.

my fav episodes .. hmm Sateda, 38 minutes, the defiant one, echos, common ground, the rising 1 and 2, hot zone, duet, conversion, the long goodbye, and phantoms

least fav, first strike, sunday, iRRESPONSIBLE, IRRESISTIBLE (though i do love the shep carson moments.. those were fab), the return p2, and well i don't really think atlantis has ever done a decent season finale or season premiere ,
i never hated them i just always felt ... m'eh

there are some shows where i think the season finale should become legendary lol

supernatural s1 and s2, Andromeda s1, x-files season 2. i think Atlantis strongest episodes were in the middle, with the exception of rising

oh and i can't think of anything for zed :lol:

and a little note...gads it is so freaking nice to have a real atlantis conversation again

thanks guys ((hugs))
I can totally relate to what you're feeling. Atlantis was about the characters for me, the entire team (and I don't mean Sheppard team, for me, it was never about them only) about all of their interaction, now with half of them gone, I don't feel even like tolerating the story lines that don't interest me that much. Just not interested anymore. Not without all of my favorite characters.

I'm not that crazy about Sheppard and McKay together, I mean it was okay but not something I was watching especially for. Sheppard/Weir is another story but really I loved them all as a group. Zelenka was also among my favorite characters, so funny and good heart, great interaction with all the other characters. I can't say I hated anyone from the start, I didn't even mind the occasional visits of Carter, back them I was thankful those were occasional only. Never wanted any serious crossovers, I saw Atlantis as a show on its own and it was shaping up to be great in S3, the first half especially, there are quite a few eps I didn't care about much in the second half though. The Return part 1 was great but I was disappointed with the sequel, too much of Jack if you ask me, among other things, it just didn't match the first part which was very nice imo. I didn't care much for eps like Irresponsible, The Game was disappointing in the way Elizabeth's negotiating was written, otherwise I thought the concept was good, The Ark and the rest didn't do much for me. Echoes and Tao of Rodney were the best of the back half for me as well.

I do love most of S1 and S2 eps apart from the occasional "gems" like The Tower and Epiphany. I could live with not liking two eps out of one season. :)

I think it wouldn't hurt if they concentrated on the characters a bit more, that's a major flaw of this show IMO, not caring one bit about the characters, their development, continuity, they write for whoever it's easiest for them, which is McKay - for obvious reasons and Sheppard - the hero. All the rest get to play only once in a while, a huge shame of a talented cast, especially when they kill them off for no reason but to make the job easier for themselves. Why don't TPTB appreciate enough what the actors are doing?

mcbarr
July 22nd, 2007, 07:05 AM
Z - Zombie

2nd Anti Word Game Recap:

Season 4

A - Atrocious
B - Baloney
C - a Crime to do this with SGA
D - Disastrous!!!
E - Error
F - Fail
G - Grotesque
H - Hellish
I - Infected
J - Jerked around
K - Kick in the butt
L - Ludicrous
M - Manure
N - No more comic heroes talk!!!!!
O - Obscene
P - Puerile
Q - Quitch!!/Or just calling it quits!
R - Rotten
S - Scatological/Screw this show, I'm going home
T - This is NOT our beloved SGA
U - Undignified
V - Violated
W - Wrecked
X - Xenomorphic
Y - Yesterday
Z - Zombie

More? :D

Celcool
July 22nd, 2007, 07:12 AM
This one was a success too. :)

Someone should think of another game.

ToasterOnFire
July 22nd, 2007, 07:21 AM
The Shep/McKay dynamic is a real hit or miss for me. Sometimes it's written well and other times it feels forced - like the writer stuck a quip or snark between those two that felt out of place with the scene or the atmosphere of the moment. It makes me wonder if there's a S/M quota that they have to fill or something. Less is more, guys.

I'm also really hoping that TPTB move away from Shep and/or Rodney constantly saving the day. I understand that they're the two golden boys of the show, but it gets really boring when it always comes down to them while Weir/Teyla/Ronon/Zelenka/et al. passively get to watch/get saved/make comments.

I think a episode completely lacking Shep and Rodney could be a good idea to really bring out the other characters. If TPTB can pull it off, that is. 42 minutes of "Where's Sheppard?" "I dunno, where's Rodney?" doesn't count. ;)

Killdeer
July 22nd, 2007, 07:41 AM
I don't care if the other characters get more emphasis. You're right - Rodney and Shep don't have to be front and center all the time. Just don't destroy their relationship the way they did with Jack and Daniel on SG-1. :S That's all I'm asking. Give me a couple good episodes like Echoes and Tao and I'll be happy.

parisindy
July 22nd, 2007, 08:50 AM
I don't care if the other characters get more emphasis. You're right - Rodney and Shep don't have to be front and center all the time. Just don't destroy their relationship the way they did with Jack and Daniel on SG-1. :S That's all I'm asking. Give me a couple good episodes like Echoes and Tao and I'll be happy.

agreed, i hope you get that ((hugs))

i for one loved those moments along with all the little moment shep and liz shared... i'm not a shipper at all but you could see a friendship there.. and i especially loved when they butted heads... *happy sigh*. so much goodness lost :(

mcbarr
July 22nd, 2007, 08:55 AM
So McKay is supposed to drive Carter and Keller crazy in some episode, huh? Is there really any ep Sue won't be in next season? Because everything seems to be about her so far. What she will do, what the other characters will do to annoy her and so forth. SG: Carter?

:ronananime16::sam34:

nowvoyager908
July 22nd, 2007, 09:00 AM
The Shep/McKay dynamic is a real hit or miss for me. Sometimes it's written well and other times it feels forced - like the writer stuck a quip or snark between those two that felt out of place with the scene or the atmosphere of the moment. It makes me wonder if there's a S/M quota that they have to fill or something. Less is more, guys.

I'm also really hoping that TPTB move away from Shep and/or Rodney constantly saving the day. I understand that they're the two golden boys of the show, but it gets really boring when it always comes down to them while Weir/Teyla/Ronon/Zelenka/et al. passively get to watch/get saved/make comments.

I think a episode completely lacking Shep and Rodney could be a good idea to really bring out the other characters. If TPTB can pull it off, that is. 42 minutes of "Where's Sheppard?" "I dunno, where's Rodney?" doesn't count. ;)

I don't particularly mind the Shep/McKay banter . . . in moderation. TPTB found that these two play well off each other and so they went with it. But there needs to be some balance. There are other characters out there just crying out for some purpose of being.

For instance, what exactly is Teyla's role? I know she has loyal fans and I would personally hate to see her treated as badly as Carson and Elizabeth, but her only purpose on the show seems to be to look sternly at one of the boys when they act stupidly or rashly. I guess it doesn't exactly hurt that she also looks good in tight fitting clothing. LOL. Even Ronon seems to get more dialogue than she does . . . which isn't saying much (BTW, he also looks good in tight fitting leather - not that I'm shallow or anything. :o)

There have been other shows with large ensemble casts that managed to give every character their "due". Don't know why these guys can't make it work.

Killdeer
July 22nd, 2007, 09:00 AM
So McKay is supposed to drive Carter and Keller crazy in some episode, huh? Is there really any ep Sue won't be in next season? Because everything seems to be about her so far. What she will do, what the other characters will do to annoy her and so forth. SG: Carter?

Yeah, I'm not enthused about the sound of this episode either. :(

Although I will say the new JF-pitch episode sounds very intriguing. Sheppard goes back to earth and we get some backstory. I'm all for that! :)

nowvoyager908
July 22nd, 2007, 09:03 AM

Does anyone know yet if Carter's 14 episodes will coincide with Weir's four. As much as I love Elizabeth, I don't know if I can even watch her paltry four episodes if Carter is in them also. I think the one-two punch of saying goodbye to Weir, while watching the other take her place will create more aggravation than just not watching at all (which is my first inclination).

Killdeer
July 22nd, 2007, 09:12 AM
Does anyone know yet if Carter's 14 episodes will coincide with Weir's four. As much as I love Elizabeth, I don't know if I can even watch her paltry four episodes if Carter is in them also. I think the one-two punch of saying goodbye to Weir, while watching the other take her place will create more aggravation than just not watching at all (which is my first inclination).

I think Carter will be in at least two of Weir's episodes, Adrift, and This Mortal Coil. I don't know for sure that she will be in TMC, but it seems very likely. In Adrift, we know that she shows up, I'm guessing near the end?, to save the day. But then I think she goes back to earth and comes back to the show in Reunion. So she probably will not be in Lifeline, which is the other Weir episode that we know of right now.

This is my guess - not confirmed facts.

nowvoyager908
July 22nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
I think Carter will be in at least two of Weir's episodes, Adrift, and This Mortal Coil. I don't know for sure that she will be in TMC, but it seems very likely. In Adrift, we know that she shows up, I'm guessing near the end?, to save the day. But then I think she goes back to earth and comes back to the show in Reunion. So she probably will not be in Lifeline, which is the other Weir episode that we know of right now.

This is my guess - not confirmed facts.

Thanks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to see at least one or two of Elizabeth's episodes. :weiranime17:

parisindy
July 22nd, 2007, 10:50 AM
(BTW, he also looks good in tight fitting leather - not that I'm shallow or anything. :o

*waves hand* I am! I am shallow hehehehe guess i'll have to be shallow on my own then.... hehehehehehehe
goes off to drool

Killdeer
July 22nd, 2007, 10:55 AM
agreed, i hope you get that ((hugs))

i for one loved those moments along with all the little moment shep and liz shared... i'm not a shipper at all but you could see a friendship there.. and i especially loved when they butted heads... *happy sigh*. so much goodness lost :(

Thanks. Yes, I very much enjoyed the relationship between the three of them, Shep, Rodney, and Elizabeth. Like you, I didn't ship any of them, but I did see strong friendship between the three, and I enjoyed it. I will definitely miss Elizabeth.

nowvoyager908
July 22nd, 2007, 11:13 AM
*waves hand* I am! I am shallow hehehehe guess i'll have to be shallow on my own then.... hehehehehehehe
goes off to drool

Okay, okay . . . I will admit it . . . I am shallow too. ;)

I even remember JM from Baywatch Hawaii (which I never watched voluntarily, but my mom loved the show and I would watch with her when I was at her house) Of course, he was younger and much less "developed" back then, but still a vision to behold. LOL.

JesterDala
July 22nd, 2007, 11:21 AM
[raises hand] I'll be shallow with you, parisindy.

Thanks. Yes, I very much enjoyed the relationship between the three of them, Shep, Rodney, and Elizabeth. Like you, I didn't ship any of them, but I did see strong friendship between the three, and I enjoyed it. I will definitely miss Elizabeth.

There were some great moments between not only those three but the entire cast of Atlantis. Taking certain characters out of the mix takes away from everyone else. They all fed off of each other in different ways in different situations. With Carson and Elizabeth gone, it throws everything off. Yes, there will still be moments between John and Rodney, but there are undeveloped interactions we won't see anymore because one more more of the characters are gone.

Killdeer
July 22nd, 2007, 11:21 AM

I don't think Carter is in Lifeline or Travellers. She might not be in the two earth-based episodes either, just a guess. I can't think of what other episodes she might not be in, though.

dana
July 22nd, 2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I'm not enthused about the sound of this episode either. :(

Although I will say the new JF-pitch episode sounds very intriguing. Sheppard goes back to earth and we get some backstory. I'm all for that! :)

LOL, don't forget the last planned "backstory" was "I was married once already.". The end. Backstory. *snort*

Southern Red
July 22nd, 2007, 11:45 AM

I'm loving how diverse we are proving to be. I love the John/Rodney show and can't get enough of it. The slash idea bothers me, but I choose to ignore that. I also love any Shep/Zelenka, Shep/Beckett, Shep/Ronon or Shep/Lorne moments. I think all of those actors have great chemistry. As most of you know, ahem, I am a Shep/Weir shipper which is the main reason for my anti-S4 sentiments, and I don't see even a smidgen of chemistry between Shep and Teyla except in a sibling way. I truly hope they don't proceed with shipping them but recognize the fact that in the long run it won't matter to the casual viewer. That said, I think all the afore mentioned pairs had unique ways of relating to each other, and without one of the characters that loss will make a huge difference in the show.

Overall, Echoes is my favorite and Sunday is my least favorite. I didn't like the John/Ronon teenage girls have a slumber party encounter, hated *stops to shudder* Mike, and the rest can go unsaid. I love all the action and blowing things up, and didn't mind any of the supposedly funny ones everybody else mostly hates. Ain't diversity grand?

goes off to drool

I even remember JM from Baywatch Hawaii (which I never watched voluntarily, but my mom loved the show and I would watch with her when I was at her house) Of course, he was younger and much less "developed" back then, but still a vision to behold. LOL.

Put me in the shallow column. On a Hawaiian vacation last year, a tour bus had a picture of Jason from Baywatch on the video. Sad that I recognized him even without the Ronon look. And I think if we could get Shep nekkid, there would be peace throughout the land.;)

nowvoyager908
July 22nd, 2007, 11:49 AM
[raises hand] I'll be shallow with you, parisindy.

There were some great moments between not only those three but the entire cast of Atlantis. Taking certain characters out of the mix takes away from everyone else. They all fed off of each other in different ways in different situations. With Carson and Elizabeth gone, it throws everything off. Yes, there will still be moments between John and Rodney, but there are undeveloped interactions we won't see anymore because one more more of the characters are gone.

ICAM. The way characters relate to one another is obviously dictated by the writing. But the way two actors play off each other, the natural chemistry they may have, is almost as important (if not more). When that balance is upset, the whole dynamic shifts.

How come we understand this, but the guys who are running this franchise seem lost in a sea of confusion and misinformation. LOL.

Killdeer
July 22nd, 2007, 11:54 AM
LOL, don't forget the last planned "backstory" was "I was married once already.". The end. Backstory. *snort*

*sigh* Unfortunate but true. I'm still holding onto hope, however, since the episode seems to revolve around this backstory. We'll see what happens.

I'm loving how diverse we are proving to be. I love the John/Rodney show and can't get enough of it. The slash idea bothers me, but I choose to ignore that. I also love any Shep/Zelenka, Shep/Beckett, Shep/Ronon or Shep/Lorne moments. I think all of those actors have great chemistry. As most of you know, ahem, I am a Shep/Weir shipper which is the main reason for my anti-S4 sentiments, and I don't see even a smidgen of chemistry between Shep and Teyla except in a sibling way. I truly hope they don't proceed with shipping them but recognize the fact that in the long run it won't matter to the casual viewer. That said, I think all the afore mentioned pairs had unique ways of relating to each other, and without one of the characters that loss will make a huge difference in the show.

Overall, Echoes is my favorite and Sunday is my least favorite. I didn't like the John/Ronon teenage girls have a slumber party encounter, hated *stops to shudder* Mike, and the rest can go unsaid. I love all the action and blowing things up, and didn't mind any of the supposedly funny ones everybody else mostly hates. Ain't diversity grand?

Yes, diversity is great. :D I too love John and Rodney, but don't slash them. I do understand that others don't think they're as great as I do :D, but I probably could never get enough of those two. But with everything else going on, I'll count myself lucky just to get a couple of episodes. I am a "friendshipper" I suppose. I love the friendships. I don't really ship anyone on Atlantis, but I think all the existing characters have great relationships with each other.

nowvoyager908
July 22nd, 2007, 12:05 PM

LOL. By Stargate standards, this was almost too much personal information.

dana
July 22nd, 2007, 12:17 PM
LOL. By Stargate standards, this was almost too much personal information.

Yes ZOMG. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/samjack_girl/smilies/shep_whacko.gif Can't wait to read reviews about the backstory ep to see how much they improved. *gigglefit*

Southern Red
July 22nd, 2007, 12:52 PM
Yes ZOMG. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/samjack_girl/smilies/shep_whacko.gif Can't wait to read reviews about the backstory ep to see how much they improved. *gigglefit*

It saddens me that we're having to go through this again. If they take another one of JF's great ideas and make it FUBAR, I will have to take back anything positive I have said about TPTB. *thinks really hard, moves on*

You have to admire his tenacity though. I think he understands showbiz very well and figures that sooner or later they'll do it right.

As for backstory, we'll probably get some vague mention of the ex plus another fact or two from the original Shep bio that we already knew *coughphantomscough* and/or something else out of left field that's like throwing us a very tiny bone that has been picked clean of all meat. :(

Personally, I'm hoping that the wife is still around and they never divorced. Maybe she's been reported MIA while on a secret government mission to another galaxy. Hey, stranger things have happened. ;)

parisindy
July 22nd, 2007, 01:04 PM

agreed! have i mentioned lately how much i love you guys http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/mercurys_winter/bearhug.gif

I am not a shipper at all but if i had to choose one i would Teyla and ronon ...totally not shep

Put me in the shallow column. On a Hawaiian vacation last year, a tour bus had a picture of Jason from Baywatch on the video. Sad that I recognized him even without the Ronon look. And I think if we could get Shep nekkid, there would be peace throughout the land.;)

gads did you die? hehe i think i would of! lol. I never watched baywatch but still hehe. I love surfing and i love jason.

as for being shallow ... i am a whumper. love me some whumps yes i do... especially shep whumping

love joe and well think the man is darn sexy hehe but he is awfully hairy. :lol:
he could use some waxing *giggles*

Yes, diversity is great. :D I too love John and Rodney, but don't slash them. I do understand that others don't think they're as great as I do :D, but I probably could never get enough of those two. But with everything else going on, I'll count myself lucky just to get a couple of episodes. I am a "friendshipper" I suppose. I love the friendships. I don't really ship anyone on Atlantis, but I think all the existing characters have great relationships with each other.

i don't like ships either .. to me it a bit like making out with a relative.. cause the team is 'family' so it just seems odd lol, see i have no problem with rodney and the botanist cause she in not directly a team member :)

whoot! hehe shallow is good sometimes lol

ICAM. The way characters relate to one another is obviously dictated by the writing. But the way two actors play off each other, the natural chemistry they may have, is almost as important (if not more). When that balance is upset, the whole dynamic shifts.

How come we understand this, but the guys who are running this franchise seem lost in a sea of confusion and misinformation. LOL.

you know i loved Andromeda but it had some of the same problems.. they kept advertising themselves as 'the action hour' really action only works if you care about the characters and whatever peril they are in... if you don't care about the characters then its just pointless explosions.

and really i can watch the news if i want pointless violence.

It saddens me that we're having to go through this again. If they take another one of JF's great ideas and make it FUBAR, I will have to take back anything positive I have said about TPTB. *thinks really hard, moves on*

You have to admire his tenacity though. I think he understands showbiz very well and figures that sooner or later they'll do it right.

As for backstory, we'll probably get some vague mention of the ex plus another fact or two from the original Shep bio that we already knew *coughphantomscough* and/or something else out of left field that's like throwing us a very tiny bone that has been picked clean of all meat. :(

Personally, I'm hoping that the wife is still around and they never divorced. Maybe she's been reported MIA while on a secret government mission to another galaxy. Hey, stranger things have happened. ;)

you know ... as much as i love the shep i really don't care about the marriage thing. I want to know more about the 'black mark' etc.

the best fanfic story i heard about his wife is that after his friends died.. shep became totally emotionally cut off and so his wife ended up leaving him and they hadn't been married to long at all... hehe clean cut and and gotten rid of lol. Shep to me just doesn't seem the marrying type.

Killdeer
July 22nd, 2007, 01:18 PM
agreed! have i mentioned lately how much i love you guys http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/mercurys_winter/bearhug.gif

I am not a shipper at all but if i had to choose one i would Teyla and ronon ...totally not shep

Agreed! I am anti Shep ship! :D :D

parisindy
July 22nd, 2007, 01:20 PM
Agreed! I am anti Shep ship! :D

totally no shep shipping for me! though i am an equal opportunity drooler :lol:

Ruined_puzzle
July 22nd, 2007, 01:47 PM

Haha, this just totally reaffirms the fact that Ronon/Teyla would work. Nobody cares if they are shipped. As long as Shep is ship free. That's awesome, mainly because I'm a Ronon/Teyla shipper. *runs away*

Southern Red
July 22nd, 2007, 03:09 PM
totally no shep shipping for me! though i am an equal opportunity drooler :lol:

If we are going to continue to be friends, you have to put away the waxing kit and forget about dehairifying Shep/Joe. Hairless men just make me squiggle. There's that diversity again. :lol:

Haha, this just totally reaffirms the fact that Ronon/Teyla would work. Nobody cares if they are shipped. As long as Shep is ship free. That's awesome, mainly because I'm a Ronon/Teyla shipper. *runs away*

I can go with that, Love Ronon/Teyla and can agree to shipless!Shep now that Liz is out of the picture. Maybe.

And, friends, I think this is the real peace thread. http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/3.gif

*runs from mods who are about to tell us to get back on topic*

nowvoyager908
July 22nd, 2007, 03:20 PM
If we are going to continue to be friends, you have to put away the waxing kit and forget about dehairifying Shep/Joe. Hairless men just make me squiggle. There's that diversity again. :lol:

I can go with that, Love Ronon/Teyla and can agree to shipless!Shep now that Liz is out of the picture. Maybe.

And, friends, I think this is the real peace thread. http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/3.gif

*runs from mods who are about to tell us to get back on topic*

ITA. Though I don't ship, I can totally see Teyla/Ronon. I was all over the place with Teyla for a while (even thought Carson for a while), but Echoes put all that to rest in my mind. LOL.

Agree about Shep. Thought he and Elizabeth had great, subtle chemistry. If I were to ship, that would have been my first choice.

parisindy
July 22nd, 2007, 09:00 PM

i still love ya but ewwwww :lol: i can't even handle facial hair other then maybe a 5 oclock shadow hehe hair belongs on the head.... oddly enough not fond of bald men.http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/mercurys_winter/hehe.gif

you know i was thinking that we should hold a wake or something when season 4 airs in the fall

Southern Red
July 23rd, 2007, 03:58 AM
i still love ya but ewwwww :lol: i can't even handle facial hair other then maybe a 5 oclock shadow hehe hair belongs on the head.... oddly enough not fond of bald men.http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/mercurys_winter/hehe.gif

you know i was thinking that we should hold a wake or something when season 4 airs in the fall

It just keeps getting worse. The only place my husband doesn't have much hair is on his head. :S

Maybe we should all wear black armbands and drape our monitors with black cloth. BTW, there are a few clues to Adrift in this article:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/07/replicators_return_with_a_vengea.shtml

Celcool
July 23rd, 2007, 04:20 AM
I'm even more mad now reading Hewlett's GW interview. He's basically said that the changes were done so people would talk about them, the campaigns would take care of the press and so people wouldn't forget about the show. Using the fans. :mckay:

They obviously felt that it was a smart move from the series standpoint to shake things up a bit. Frankly, given the hooting and hollering that's going on, they've succeeded in that.

[There is] press attention, there is fan attention. This is the kind of stuff that I'm assuming producers want, because people are talking about the show. I think that's a good way to mix it up.

How about SGA: Sam's Great Adventure.

Sounds like that's how it'll end up... ugh.
Sounds like a dog's adventure to me. *shrugs* There was this movie the other day...

The producers sure know who to bring to Comic Con, the one who'll gush about the show, the changes and Tapping. What a party for the two of them and Mallozzi. Can't believe only Hewlett of the actors will be there. Atlantis is gone.

Edit: I wish I could reply to Hewlett, commenting on some of his statements.

dana
July 23rd, 2007, 04:40 AM
I'm even more mad now reading Hewlett's GW interview. He's basically said that the changes were done so people would talk about them, the campaigns would take care of the press and so people wouldn't forget about the show. Using the fans. :mckay:

Sounds like a dog's adventure to me. *shrugs* There was this movie the other day...

The producers sure know who to bring to Comic Con, the one who'll gush about the show, the changes and Tapping. What a party for the two of them and Mallozzi. Can't believe only Hewlett of the actors will be there. Atlantis is gone.

Edit: I wish I could reply to Hewlett, commenting on some of his statements.

Are there going to be only the three of them or some other SGA cast???? If only the three of them, I wouldn't go (if I could :D), there's only *so* much gushing about s4 and Carter I can take. Surprisingly I got through the interview, but with agony. ;)

FoolishPleasure
July 23rd, 2007, 04:42 AM
Just a "heads up" - there is a new poll on the Gateworld home page regarding what fans want to see most in season 4 (I rather fancied "none of the above"). :)

dana
July 23rd, 2007, 04:45 AM
Just a "heads up" - there is a new poll on the Gateworld home page regarding what fans want to see most in season 4 (I rather fancied "none of the above"). :)

Me too. :D And why am I not surprised Carter got most votes? :D

Celcool
July 23rd, 2007, 04:49 AM
Are there going to be only the three of them or some other SGA cast???? If only the three of them, I wouldn't go (if I could :D), there's only *so* much gushing about s4 and Carter I can take. Surprisingly I got through the interview, but with agony. ;)
No other SGA cast, only Hewlett, Tapping of SG-1 and Mallozzi plus Cooper. Who would want to go???

Me too.

That sums it up, huh? We could have added that to our Anti Word Game. ;)
At least something he said negative/right. Dissecting this quote fits more in the other thread. ;) Sorry, couldn't help it. *lol* I'm done. *shush*

dana
July 23rd, 2007, 04:54 AM
No other SGA cast, only Hewlett, Tapping of SG-1 and Mallozzi plus Cooper. Who would want to go???

Pro-people? :D But OMG ew. I don't think I could sit through the gushing. I guess there'll be a lot of talk of s4. Who's here going? I had to ask

mcbarr
July 23rd, 2007, 04:58 AM
OK, here's our very own Anti Poll:

Which Atlantis cast change you MOST hate?

a) Carter joining Atlantis
b) Keller joining Atlantis
c) Weir exiting the show
d) Beckett exiting the show
e) All of the above!

I choose e! :D

stclare
July 23rd, 2007, 05:20 AM
OK, here's our very own Anti Poll:

I choose e! :D

so do i.

im just waiting to see if they run this pole with which is your least fave change using the same choices, that would be interesting. :cool:

mcbarr
July 23rd, 2007, 05:32 AM
Well, that was just a joke, but now that you mention it, yeah, it would be interesting to see the results. :D

parisindy
July 23rd, 2007, 08:08 AM

thats a big e for me~!

Ruined_puzzle
July 23rd, 2007, 09:24 AM
Blah, just read the little piece of news on the main page. Can I say that if they do Weir is taken over by nanites and she flees I will definitely not even watch the remaining Lizzie episodes. That is JUST like Ford. Instead of wraith enzyme its nanites. Oh how original.

the dancer of spaz
July 23rd, 2007, 09:27 AM

Yeah. As much as I have enjoyed Sheppard and Rodney, I would really like an episode where Teyla, Zelenka, Ronon and Lorne have to do save the day without them... Your quota comment makes sense as well. :P

mcbarr
July 23rd, 2007, 09:54 AM
Blah, just read the little piece of news on the main page. Can I say that if they do Weir is taken over by nanites and she flees I will definitely not even watch the remaining Lizzie episodes. That is JUST like Ford. Instead of wraith enzyme its nanites. Oh how original.

Indeed. If they were going to rehash old stuff anyway, they should have ascended her, but then she might find a way to return like Jackson, so, no, let's do something more irreversible and ditch her in Pegasus Galaxy. Then some folks say we have an agenda, huh?

luvmac
July 23rd, 2007, 10:01 AM
Well I don't know that I'm anti season four. I mean I'm glad for all the people that are enjoying the show and I hope that they get the things out of season four that they are hoping for.

I personally just don't find myself looking forward to it at all. I adored Beckett so losing him was a blow. I wouldn't call myself a Weir fan at all but I enjoyed her interactions with the other characters especially John and Rodney, so losing her was also a blow. Even with all that I would have held on but I think that final straw was the addition of Carter to the show. She was my least favorite on SG-1 (I'll only watch the shows through season 6 anyway and never ones that are Carter-centric) and she grates on my last nerve. Now ever spoiler or show mention that comes out now is Carter based and has killed my desire to see the show. I cringe now when I even hear season four mentioned.

I've finally decided that I'll just tape the shows and then come on GW and see what the people say about the show and decide if I'll either bother watching or not. I'm thinking my fastforward button might be getting a workout though. The only ones that I'm pretty sure I'll watch all the way through is Miller's Crossing (for the sibling interaction/McKay spotlight) and The Travellers because the spotlight's on Shep and the lack of Carter.

I'm sad though. Other than Heroes (and I started watching that toward the end of it's season) Atlantis is the only other regular program that I watch. :(

Ruined_puzzle
July 23rd, 2007, 10:06 AM
I'm sad though. Other than Heroes (and I started watching that toward the end of it's season) Atlantis is the only other regular program that I watch. :(

Oh but Heroes is so awesome, I would completely forget about SGA if that show had a ship I could ship. LOL. I think we made a list of all the other awesome shows out there. Umm its somewhere in this thread.

I don't even know why they had to kill Beckett, okay so umm how about making a recurring character like in s1, its not like he was getting as much screentime in s3 anyways. The problem is that I think my definition of recurring and tptb definition are completely different. OMG 4 episodes for Elizabeth, that is not recurring.

parisindy
July 23rd, 2007, 10:23 AM
welcome luvmac.. i never got in to heroes ((hugs))

but so hearing you about sam!

luvmac
July 23rd, 2007, 10:29 AM
Oh but Heroes is so awesome, I would completely forget about SGA if that show had a ship I could ship. LOL. I think we made a list of all the other awesome shows out there. Umm its somewhere in this thread.

I don't even know why they had to kill Beckett, okay so umm how about making a recurring character like in s1, its not like he was getting as much screentime in s3 anyways. The problem is that I think my definition of recurring and tptb definition are completely different. OMG 4 episodes for Elizabeth, that is not recurring.

Oh, I fell in love with Heroes when I finally sat down and watched it one night. (One of the only props I'll give SciFi is that they ran the Heroes marathon so I was able to get caught up on all the back episodes except for two of them that I think I missed).

I don't understand the reason for killing Beckett either. Like you said neither he nor Weir were getting a tremendous amount of screen time so why not make both of them recurring. Other than the outcry from the online community I wonder if it (killing Beckett/removing Weir) really had the effect that they were going for from the Stargate fandom overall.

My mom and I kept Neilsen rating diaries last week. I kept thinking why couldn't it have happened a month ago when Atlantis was still airing or a few months from now so I could have at least let my displeasure with the direction of the show be known. :mad:

Heaven
July 23rd, 2007, 10:32 AM
so why is Carter really coming to Atlantis?
I say it's because the SG1ification process extends way beyond characters
if you've watched the later half of season 3 you'd notice nearly all the episodes were
plot device centered, the kind of crap episodes we've gotten used to in the last two seasons of SG1

First Strike - Atlantis goes up, down, sideways, fly (take away the CGI and this is one crap episode)
Sunday - Kill Carson (half this episode was reruns of scenes)
Submersion - Teyla's part wraith (felt like a bad attempt to recreate The Defiant One)
Irresponsible - Lucius has a personal shield, let's kill Kolya
Return - Replicators can read your mind

it's like entire episodes designed to show us that single glorified scene or technology
episodes with absolutely no story, just people running around with guns and convenient circumstances

the few dramatic episodes they did have, like The Game, The Ark, Sunday, Vengence
turned out really crappy

so now season 4 looks like it's back to the easy plot-device drawing board
and Carter is of course the perfect character for stories like that
after all it's been 10 years, so no need for backstory, no need to shape or flesh out the character
and plenty of time for what Sam does best - technobabble, which of course is the key component
to any plot device and devoid of story episode.

and since these are the kind of stories about to run, they can easily afford dropping half
the cast to raise tensions

luvmac
July 23rd, 2007, 10:42 AM
welcome luvmac.. i never got in to heroes ((hugs))

but so hearing you about sam!

Hi parisindy!! Thanks for the welcome. :)

Yeah, I might have to visit the anti-Sam in Season 4 thread to vent about her invading Atlantis. Right now I'm content to have a seat on the couch with the rest of you guys.

mcbarr
July 23rd, 2007, 11:17 AM
so why is Carter really coming to Atlantis?
I say it's because the SG1ification process extends way beyond characters
if you've watched the later half of season 3 you'd notice nearly all the episodes were
plot device centered, the kind of crap episodes we've gotten used to in the last two seasons of SG1

First Strike - Atlantis goes up, down, sideways, fly (take away the CGI and this is one crap episode)
Sunday - Kill Carson (half this episode was reruns of scenes)
Submersion - Teyla's part wraith (felt like a bad attempt to recreate The Defiant One)
Irresponsible - Lucius has a personal shield, let's kill Kolya
Return - Replicators can read your mind

it's like entire episodes designed to show us that single glorified scene or technology
episodes with absolutely no story, just people running around with guns and convenient circumstances

the few dramatic episodes they did have, like The Game, The Ark, Sunday, Vengence
turned out really crappy

so now season 4 looks like it's back to the easy plot-device drawing board
and Carter is of course the perfect character for stories like that
after all it's been 10 years, so no need for backstory, no need to shape or flesh out the character
and plenty of time for what Sam does best - technobabble, which of course is the key component
to any plot device and devoid of story episode.

and since these are the kind of stories about to run, they can easily afford dropping half
the cast to raise tensions

Stargate eps have been lacking content, I totally agree. :)

parisindy
July 23rd, 2007, 07:25 PM
yup i agree :) season 4 Atlantis: Sg-1

hehe i had to edit the : and the S because it made a smile
it was a very appropriate smile though :S

Alexandra
July 23rd, 2007, 11:56 PM
yup i agree :) season 4 Atlantis: Sg-1

How much I agree!
But let's not jump to conclusions. I guess this is what the producers want, for us to draw conclusions, think that we will see seomthing so that they can sleep at night thinking that 'the fans are wrong, they haven't seen season4 yet' or after we see the eps they can say 'see, it's not that bad, it's actually better'.
I don't want to dimiss anything, but I keep my opinion. the changes suck!

Southern Red
July 24th, 2007, 04:11 AM
How much I agree!
But let's not jump to conclusions. I guess this is what the producers want, for us to draw conclusions, think that we will see seomthing so that they can sleep at night thinking that 'the fans are wrong, they haven't seen season4 yet' or after we see the eps they can say 'see, it's not that bad, it's actually better'.
I don't want to dimiss anything, but I keep my opinion. the changes suck!

Yet again, IMHO, a perfect example of disrespecting the fans. How dare they tell me I will like something that I know there is no way on God's green earth that I will like. Condescending, patronizing, and a bunch more stuff I can't say here. If you tell me you are going to take away my dog Spike and replace him with your cat Fluffy, I am going to be upset. I will not like Fluffy, and I will always miss her and want Spike back. Dang it.

Rant of the day over. I think. There may be more later.

mcbarr
July 24th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Even if the plots are miraculously improved next season, the episodes will still be lame without half the original cast (IMO, of course).

parisindy
July 24th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Even if the plots are miraculously improved next season, the episodes will still be lame without half the original cast (IMO, of course).

agreed agreed!

Suzotchka
July 24th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Yet again, IMHO, a perfect example of disrespecting the fans. How dare they tell me I will like something that I know there is no way on God's green earth that I will like. Condescending, patronizing, and a bunch more stuff I can't say here. If you tell me you are going to take away my dog Spike and replace him with your cat Fluffy, I am going to be upset. I will not like Fluffy, and I will always miss her and want Spike back. Dang it.

Rant of the day over. I think. There may be more later.

I totally agree! Green for you! :)

mcbarr
July 24th, 2007, 10:49 AM
My green stock is empty, so I'll green all of you when I can. :D

Suzotchka
July 24th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I'm feeling extremely anti today. *plops on couch*

Ruined_puzzle
July 24th, 2007, 01:16 PM

I actually think s4 won't be that bad, you know for the people that love Carter and love team Shep, but me being one of the peeps that doesn't really like those two things, I have no interest in s4 of sga. Why should I care if the main reason I was watching isn't there anymore.

ETA: anyone having problems with lj?

stclare
July 24th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I actually think s4 won't be that bad, you know for the people that love Carter and love team Shep, but me being one of the peeps that doesn't really like those two things, I have no interest in s4 of sga. Why should I care if the main reason I was watching isn't there anymore.

ETA: anyone having problems with lj?

yep lj is being a right b***h at the moment i cant access any lj friends, thats almost annoying as whats happenin at sga at the moment ;)

Ruined_puzzle
July 24th, 2007, 01:55 PM
yep lj is being a right b***h at the moment i cant access any lj friends, thats almost annoying as whats happenin at sga at the moment ;)

Seriously I pay for lj, it shouldn't be down for this long. :S

Anuna
July 24th, 2007, 01:55 PM

Like that will happen!! I just don't see THAT coming.

@puzzle - I agree there, if main reasons for watching any show are gone, then why watch it? I can find a better way to spend my time.

YappiChick
July 24th, 2007, 03:25 PM
You know when I read all the upcoming "adventures" for the crew, I either end up A.) cringing (Teyla's pregnancy) B.) ranting (the departure of Carson/Weir) C.) being bored (most of the other plotlines). I find it interesting because I'm not a Weir/Sheppard shipper, I like the Rodney/Sheppard banter, and I didn't think First Strike was horrible.

There's just something this is disconcerting when there are unnecessary cast changes and making a "soft reset". It makes me wonder who they are really wanting their target audience to be?

mcbarr
July 24th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Like that will happen!! I just don't see THAT coming.

It would be funny if s4 sucked plot-wise cause now the writers are making an effort, or so it seems. :D

Ruined_puzzle
July 24th, 2007, 04:12 PM
It would be funny if s4 sucked plot-wise cause now the writers are making an effort, or so it seems. :D

I would die laughing.

YappiChick I think you may be the first sheyla shipper that I like. LOL.
I don't really know who they intend to keep happy but it sure as hell isn't Atlantis fans. Why do they think that everyone that watches Atlantis automatically also loves SG1. Their bringing in Carter because she doesn't need development but what will the people that don't watch SG1 think when she is never really explored or whatever. She will seem like a mary sue.

Southern Red
July 24th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I would die laughing.

I don't really know who they intend to keep happy but it sure as hell isn't Atlantis fans. Why do they think that everyone that watches Atlantis automatically also loves SG1. Their bringing in Carter because she doesn't need development but what will the people that don't watch SG1 think when she is never really explored or whatever. She will seem like a mary sue.

Actually, in my newly minted peaceful co-existence state, I have found something in common with more than one J/T shipper. I even got a hug from one of them. LOL. I tell you TPTB have unintentionally united us.:D

YappiChick
July 24th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I would die laughing.

Actually, in my newly minted peaceful co-existence state, I have found something in common with more than one J/T shipper. I even got a hug from one of them. LOL. I tell you TPTB have unintentionally united us.:D

See? The JT people aren't so bad ;) But seriously, when you take away the dynamic of a show by replacing 1/3 of the regular casat, the quality of the show gets lost. No ship can stand up to that...bottom line.

And ((((HUGS))))) to all the Antis... :) Now you got another hug! :D

Anuna
July 25th, 2007, 04:48 AM
Do i get a hug too? *loves hugging*.

I completely agree about ruining team dynamic - I still wonder how do they intend to put together all those big dramatic things they are talking about into single season? First you lose behind the camera dynamic that, IMO, influluences what we see on screen. And second - I had enough of changes and losses in my RL. I don't need a TV show to remind me of those times of my life. Call me cheesy, but I like my shows to be happy, squeeable, funny, and offering something for everyone. Why do i have a feeling SGA would break my heart?

Southern Red
July 25th, 2007, 04:50 AM
See? The JT people aren't so bad ;) But seriously, when you take away the dynamic of a show by replacing 1/3 of the regular casat, the quality of the show gets lost. No ship can stand up to that...bottom line.

OMG! Two Sheyla hugs. Don't tell anybody. My Sparkyfanatic reputation will be ruined.;) I hope you guys are beginning to see that some of us aren't so bad also. :D

Wait, aren't we supposed to be anti? Altogether now: We are united in our anti-S4ness!

Suzotchka
July 25th, 2007, 05:04 AM
For all the anti's:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/Suzotchka/weir_hug.gif

Anuna
July 25th, 2007, 05:41 AM
United we stand in our S4 anti-ness!!!

Now, can anybody give me an extra hug? I'm down after these "we'll - maybe - kill - someone - off - again" comments!!!

Suzotchka
July 25th, 2007, 05:44 AM
United we stand in our S4 anti-ness!!!

Now, can anybody give me an extra hug? I'm down after these "we'll - maybe - kill - someone - off - again" comments!!!

Scroll up for my Weir hug. :)

parisindy
July 25th, 2007, 05:44 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/mercurys_winter/bearhug.gifhttp://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/mercurys_winter/grouphug2.gifhttp://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/mercurys_winter/bearhug.gif

Anuna
July 25th, 2007, 06:00 AM
*is feeling better*

Klenotka
July 25th, 2007, 06:06 AM
I would die laughing.

They don´t care for Atlantis fans. They never did. They are doing this just because they want to bring SG1 fans who don´t watch SGA just because of the fact that there isn´t any character of SG1.
So they brought Carter. Their favorite puppy is there and they just simply cross to watch SGA. And some of them will probably watch first 3 seasons just bc of catching the story. But they have Carter there.
They don´t care for Atlantis fans. Atlantis was always the second, less important. It was obvious even in promotion. SG1 had last season, everyone knew it but the kept promoting it and Atlantis was still in backgound. So now, they will screw up also SGA, and we won´t have any stargate. Just because of the stupid idea to keep SG1 alive.

Bitterness, form me? Never :mckay: I am not anti-S4, I am still watching because of McKay, Zelenka or Lorne. But they will have lots of work to convince me.

Anuna
July 25th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Well, after Weir is gone, there is nothing to convince me to continue watching. And yes, Atlantis was always in big fat SG - 1's shadow. And now that same shadow may swallow Atlantis, just like the sea.

YappiChick
July 25th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Do i get a hug too? *loves hugging*.

My hug is for everyone!! So (((HUG))) again! :D :D

OMG! Two Sheyla hugs. Don't tell anybody. My Sparkyfanatic reputation will be ruined.;) I hope you guys are beginning to see that some of us aren't so bad also. :D

Wait, aren't we supposed to be anti? Altogether now: We are united in our anti-S4ness!

LOL, I'm sure I'm committing treason by being in this thread. ;) Sparky fans bad? No way. I have love for anyone who loves the show...well, at least the first three seasons of it! :D

And yes, we're all together. That's the power of the Anti; it can even unite the Sparky and Sheyla people. Now that's some awesome influence! :D

Anuna
July 25th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Yappi, I think JM and the rest of that bunch finally managed to unite the fans - by doing things fans don't want to see. Call it an irony! :P (it's well known that people of different oppinions unite when they face mutual enemy). :D

JesterDala
July 25th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Well, after Weir is gone, there is nothing to convince me to continue watching. And yes, Atlantis was always in big fat SG - 1's shadow. And now that same shadow may swallow Atlantis, just like the sea.

Isn't sad that if Atlantis were to sink, I just wouldn't care anymore? As long as Lorne got outta there safely, I could go on living life.

I third that "Let's send them the 10 Commandments" sentiment. :D:D

Also, I've had good experiences with Sheyla shippers. Most of them. I made a couple posts in the Sheyla thread, just to ask a question or two and YappiChick was there with open arms. [hugs] Such a sweetheart.

Anuna
July 25th, 2007, 10:07 AM
A little OT - shippers/posters like Yappi make me love forums. We don't have to agree but we can respect and like each other and the bottom line - sci fi and shows like SGA bring people together, and that is one amazing thing.

Back to topic! When i started watchig SGA my fav character was Shep, but slowly Elizabeth won me over. Without her... it can't be the same.

crazylizzie
July 25th, 2007, 10:37 AM
They don´t care for Atlantis fans. They never did. They are doing this just because they want to bring SG1 fans who don´t watch SGA just because of the fact that there isn´t any character of SG1.
So they brought Carter. Their favorite puppy is there and they just simply cross to watch SGA. .

ha!! i just got this mental image of carter as a golden retreiver puppy running around yipping at everyone and THE POWERS THAT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING patting her head and telling her to sit, shake, rollover....

... goodness, that is the most negative thing in the world but the image will not go away.

*still laughing*

*pause*

*yep. still laughing*

:D

Heaven
July 25th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Back to topic! When i started watchig SGA my fav character was Shep, but slowly Elizabeth won me over. Without her... it can't be the same.
me too
sadly though, both these characters suffered behavioral alterations in season 3.
Sheppard started acting like a child
and Elizabeth became the queen of sarcasm
and don't even get me started on the Mike Barton thing, it was so out of character for her.

and now they want to off her completely :(:(:( can't forgive them for that

crazylizzie
July 25th, 2007, 10:57 AM
carterpuppy! growls at mike barton...

... okay, i know, taking it too far.

Anuna
July 25th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Well too far or not, you just made me laugh!!! Yeah I agree, Sheppard started acting like a big kid.

Ruined_puzzle
July 25th, 2007, 12:02 PM

Aw, you are awesome and make sense. I've had some bad experiences with some J/T shippers, but every ship group has extremes, which we won't go into. *hugs*

Anuna Shep was also my favorite character in s1, his hotness was the reason I started watching, lol, but then Elizabeth and Ronon became my favorites. Shep lost something in s2, which he was getting back in the beginning of s3 but which he lost again by the second half.

carterpuppy! growls at mike barton...

... okay, i know, taking it too far.

LMAO. green.

Anuna
July 25th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Funny thing I didn't think Shep was hot in the beginning. I don't really remember when I noticed he actually is hot. I liked him in the beginning because I sensed he had a big emotional burden to carry. The coin tossing scene was so brilliant - it said a lot about him! When they turned him into immature flyboy... well that can be fun, but blame it on my profession, I prefer when I can psychoanalyze him.

With Elizabeth it was different - she doesn't carry emotional burden like John does, but what I found in her is a role model and a character that is complex and inetersting. Losing that is simply wrong.

I need to say few things about Teyla too. I wish there was more friendship moments between her and Elizabeth. I missed that so much. Remember those moments with two of them from No Man's Land?? Teyla is someone who is wery wise, who is a good judge of character; someone you can rely on. I think she would be a good psychologist because of that deep emphaty she has and the character judging ability. Whish we could see more of that, and not just fighting, smiling and good looking moments they usually give her. "I'm not invisible" remark from FS seemed like an irony to me - who ever wrote that line did a good job of self criticsm.

I didn't like Ronon that much when I first saw him, but I grew to like him only more and more with time. He is so much smarter than he initially appears. he is wonderfully loyal, someone I'd like to have as a friend.

Rodney... well I better don't start what I like about him. He can be so irritating but deep down inside he is sweet and kind - only he doesn't know how to show it. *sigh* I need to rewatch Tao.

And finally Carson... Well there is the closest thing to saint in any sci fi show (well carson and Data from Star trek are on that list). Who wouldn't like to have a friend like carson, someone who is so sweet and kind and caring??

Now sum this up in your head and take a look - what wonderful characters they are, and what great mixture they make!! Destrying that is a tragedy.

Sorry if I was OT - I just turned mushy from all those hugs - I think people should hug more often!!!

Ruined_puzzle
July 25th, 2007, 01:09 PM
oof, takes a break from the sparky thread. lol.

I think by the end beginning of s3, I came to like every character in SGA. Which is sad since I was on a roll not hating anyone and then boom, bye Carson and Elizabeth. :(

parisindy
July 25th, 2007, 04:00 PM
me too
sadly though, both these characters suffered behavioral alterations in season 3.
Sheppard started acting like a child
and Elizabeth became the queen of sarcasm
and don't even get me started on the Mike Barton thing, it was so out of character for her.

and now they want to off her completely :(:(:( can't forgive them for that

i love it when sheppy acts like a kid,,, that and when he gets pissy :D
i love shep!

Southern Red
July 25th, 2007, 05:39 PM
i love it when sheppy acts like a kid,,, that and when he gets pissy :D
i love shep!

Me too. Don't go saying nothing bad about my boy. But seriously, he does have his flaws which I hope they will explore in S4. One of the few reasons I will still be watching.

And you guys just reminded me that it was Carson who saved Ronon in Sateda. And then got a hug. Ronon will miss him too.

kimaken
July 25th, 2007, 06:18 PM
And you guys just reminded me that it was Carson who saved Ronon in Sateda. And then got a hug. Ronon will miss him too.

I don't think so. I think the writers dropped the ball...for all the "shaking things up a bit" that Carson's death was supposed to provide, there was no reaction (or even a mention of him) in the remaining few eps of S3 (wait, there was one slight mention of his name in the final ep). I don't think anyone's missed Carson and I doubt they'll suddenly start missing him in S4. Makes me dread even more whatever's going to be done to get Weir out of Atlantis!

YappiChick
July 25th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Isn't sad that if Atlantis were to sink, I just wouldn't care anymore? As long as Lorne got outta there safely, I could go on living life.

I third that "Let's send them the 10 Commandments" sentiment. :D:D

Also, I've had good experiences with Sheyla shippers. Most of them. I made a couple posts in the Sheyla thread, just to ask a question or two and YappiChick was there with open arms. [hugs] Such a sweetheart.

You're check is in the mail. :D ::blushes::

A little OT - shippers/posters like Yappi make me love forums. We don't have to agree but we can respect and like each other and the bottom line - sci fi and shows like SGA bring people together, and that is one amazing thing.

Awww, thanks! I love the difference in opinions...it makes you wiser. Like my sister once said, just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they aren't listening.

I think by the end beginning of s3, I came to like every character in SGA. Which is sad since I was on a roll not hating anyone and then boom, bye Carson and Elizabeth. :(

I know what you mean. Every person had found their niche...it was a perfect balance that can't easily be replaced. Teyla and Elizabeth were friends...is Carter going to be her new lunch buddy now? :P

parisindy
July 25th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Me too. Don't go saying nothing bad about my boy. But seriously, he does have his flaws which I hope they will explore in S4. One of the few reasons I will still be watching.

shep is my fav character and for me not to want to watch season 4 even though he is still in it is just proof how much i think tptb screwed up.

i loved carson saving ronan gads that was a stellar episode.. its my fav

mcbarr
July 25th, 2007, 08:43 PM
I couldn't play today (yesterday :S), but I'm glad to see everyone is fine and still very anti!

I also liked Sateda, btw. Teyla killed more Wraith than Sheppard in that ep... Heh. :D

Anuna
July 25th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Don't forget Teyla can kick poor Sheps butt :D And about missing someone and being sad. THAT only happens in Stargate fanfiction. They did an episode where characters actually grieved for someone who was gone only once - that episode of S5 of SG - 1 that was right after "Meridian". But never again. Everyone is just forgotten... I fear that amnesia in an epidemic desease in Stargate universe.

parisindy
July 25th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Don't forget Teyla can kick poor Sheps butt :D And about missing someone and being sad. THAT only happens in Stargate fanfiction. They did an episode where characters actually grieved for someone who was gone only once - that episode of S5 of SG - 1 that was right after "Meridian". But never again. Everyone is just forgotten... I fear that amnesia in an epidemic desease in Stargate universe.

to me the lack of mourning is down right disrespectful imho
its like they never mattered and they did

I couldn't play today (yesterday :S), but I'm glad to see everyone is fine and still very anti!

I also liked Sateda, btw. Teyla killed more Wraith than Sheppard in that ep... Heh. :D

i hope you didn't miss a day cause something bad happened ((hugs))

hehe i loved the competition between teyla and shep hehe and there was even shep whump *happy sigh*

totally loved ronan threatening shep to hehe

Anuna
July 25th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Lack of mourning has something to do with writing (abilities?) - it's not easy to write and make it look good, and then connect it to the rest of the show. But yes, for us who liked some characters who are gone (Carson!! cries ) it comes across as downright disrespectful.

Ruined_puzzle
July 25th, 2007, 10:48 PM
OOo, lets not forget about Ford, but he got more than poor Carson.

Southern Red
July 26th, 2007, 04:27 AM
I don't think so. I think the writers dropped the ball...for all the "shaking things up a bit" that Carson's death was supposed to provide, there was no reaction (or even a mention of him) in the remaining few eps of S3 (wait, there was one slight mention of his name in the final ep). I don't think anyone's missed Carson and I doubt they'll suddenly start missing him in S4. Makes me dread even more whatever's going to be done to get Weir out of Atlantis!

You're right of course. I just know in his heart he misses him. :( And wasn't it Torri who said she questioned the lack of mention of Carson and had to fight for the little bit they did include in FS? So we see how that turned out. Now considering what DH said in the interview, McKay is going to love having Carter around. Even after writing a 500 page book about Weir and all the closeness we have seen between them, I'm willing to bet he won't mention her once.

OOo, lets not forget about Ford, but he got more than poor Carson.

Good point. Someone who's been around 3 years and has had a huge part in the whole Wraith retrovirus arc doesn't get mentioned even when they do an episode about said retrovirus and its repercussions. Huge drop of the ball by TPTB.

Anuna
July 26th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Badwritingbadwritingbadwriting! There I made up a new word :P All I have to say about that, really.

Maybe Rodney will write The Big and Complete Carter Technobabbling Encyclopedia. :P

mcbarr
July 26th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Maybe Rodney will write The Big and Complete Carter Technobabbling Encyclopedia. :P

LOL, not even Super Rodney from Tao could do that. Mission Impossible. :D

crazylizzie
July 26th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Badwritingbadwritingbadwriting! There I made up a new word :P All I have to say about that, really.

you know, the lack of mention of carson in the remaining episodes always made me wonder if killing him off was a second thought decision... because they write and tape out of order, those scripts after sunday could have very possibly already been completed, the taping too, which would explain the lack of mention.

and then... that makes me wonder what actually happened to dismiss paul so fast.

*cue x-file theme* ;)

Anuna
July 26th, 2007, 05:57 AM
*wistles X files theme*

*mulder tone of voice*

"They're coming!!" :P

Sorry for OT. I have a silly need to make fun out of this stuff. Better that than being angry all the time... okay still a little angry.

crazylizzie
July 26th, 2007, 06:02 AM
*wistles X files theme*

*mulder tone of voice*

"They're coming!!" :P

Sorry for OT. I have a silly need to make fun out of this stuff. Better that than being angry all the time... okay still a little angry.

*carterpuppy! jumps around anuna*

she likes mulder. :)

seriously though, sometimes i wish i could be a fly on the wall at those meetings... there is always something, pressure from scifi, or pressure from exec, etc. but the desicions are so off the wall you have to wonder if its not vendetta's and the like.

a conspiracy. mhm.

and that really is mulder speaking. ;)

mcbarr
July 26th, 2007, 06:07 AM
All these crappy cast changes are SG-1/Carter-related, IMO. :mckay:

crazylizzie
July 26th, 2007, 06:09 AM
see, i knew it!! conspiracy. :D

Anuna
July 26th, 2007, 07:06 AM

seriously though, sometimes i wish i could be a fly on the wall at those meetings... there is always something, pressure from scifi, or pressure from exec, etc. but the desicions are so off the wall you have to wonder if its not vendetta's and the like.

a conspiracy. mhm.

We do need a Scully here too! To contradict him, only to become a better believer than him in the first place! LOL

Of course it's Carter related, mcbarr. And SG - 1 related, SG - 1 fans related, ratings related, Atlantis always being less important related... wait! Why do I have a sudden feeling of jeda vu?

*shoooing the carterpuppy! away*

kimaken
July 26th, 2007, 07:12 AM
you know, the lack of mention of carson in the remaining episodes always made me wonder if killing him off was a second thought decision... because they write and tape out of order, those scripts after sunday could have very possibly already been completed, the taping too, which would explain the lack of mention.

and then... that makes me wonder what actually happened to dismiss paul so fast.

*cue x-file theme* ;)

My personal opinion is that this is when tptb realized that with SG-1's cancellation, they could finally bring Carter to Atlantis as a main character (I had read awhile back in JM's blog that they always wanted Carter for SGA but then SG-1 was renewed so they couldn't do it). Guess they decided they couldn't keep AT busy enough with filming the SG-1 DVD movies PLUS starring in the new internet-run series they plan to have soon. Then again, Carter was tptb's favorite character on SG-1 (O'Neill and Jackson were character originating from the movie, not created by the SG-1 writers) and McKay's their favorite character on SGA, yet they're similar characters in many respects.

Anuna
July 26th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Only McKay isn't so perfect like Carter, which makes him more like an average, ordinary human, IMO. Why am i not surprised after I just read this? /irony

crazylizzie
July 26th, 2007, 07:21 AM
My personal opinion is that this is when tptb realized that with SG-1's cancellation, they could finally bring Carter to Atlantis as a main character (I had read awhile back in JM's blog that they always wanted Carter for SGA but then SG-1 was renewed so they couldn't do it). Guess they decided they couldn't keep AT busy enough with filming the SG-1 DVD movies PLUS starring in the new internet-run series they plan to have soon. Then again, Carter was tptb's favorite character on SG-1 (O'Neill and Jackson were character originating from the movie, not created by the SG-1 writers) and McKay's their favorite character on SGA, yet they're similar characters in many respects.

yeah... mckay and carter... not entirely looking forward to that interaction, though if they write it well it could be really funny... but we all know that writing is sometimes not their strong point. ;)

but, i kinda think shep is their puppy in sga... the guy that is in every episode, the save the day guy, the kirk if you will... though, strange enough, he is the one that has the least known about him, the only real info being what happened in afghanistan and the little mention of his past in echoes.

and yes. now there is a sheppuppy! and carterpuppy! :o
beware the poo! :S

edit: you know, i take that back, because really, what do we know about shep's character? his entire character is based on what we find out about him in atlantis and is entirely having to do with his personality, reaction to things, etc. there is absoloutly no history there, unless i am missing something.

am i missing something?

Anuna
July 26th, 2007, 07:34 AM
I gotta go out now, but when i'm back I'll provide more info on Shep. ;) I analyzed him pretty well I think.

Southern Red
July 26th, 2007, 08:23 AM

a conspiracy. mhm.

The truth is out there. Or up there as the case may be.

yeah... mckay and carter... not entirely looking forward to that interaction, though if they write it well it could be really funny... but we all know that writing is sometimes not their strong point. ;)

but, i kinda think shep is their puppy in sga... the guy that is in every episode, the save the day guy, the kirk if you will... though, strange enough, he is the one that has the least known about him, the only real info being what happened in afghanistan and the little mention of his past in echoes.

and yes. now there is a sheppuppy! and carterpuppy! :o
beware the poo! :S

edit: you know, i take that back, because really, what do we know about shep's character? his entire character is based on what we find out about him in atlantis and is entirely having to do with his personality, reaction to things, etc. there is absoloutly no history there, unless i am missing something.

am i missing something?

Quick before Anuna gets back, a little amateur analyzing. Crazylizzie, I'm glad you edited the above because you said what I would have said. Shep has always been an enigma. Is he Rambo or Kirk? Is he an easygoing, snarky flyboy or a deeply wounded introspective introvert with poor social skills who wears his emotions in his eyes but refuses to allow people to see the real man inside. *sniffs and reaches for tissue*

Which brings us back to badwritingbadwritingbadwriting. Love that new word. *looks around* Is Anuna back yet?

stclare
July 26th, 2007, 08:30 AM
yeah... mckay and carter... not entirely looking forward to that interaction, though if they write it well it could be really funny... but we all know that writing is sometimes not their strong point.

this interaction really bothers me. i hated pegasus project as the sga team acted ooc to me, and were realy nasty to rodney. it was to impress the sg1 members i suspect.

if they have to be on screen together i hope tptb will actualy write them as a pair of adults who can respect each others abilitys. if they make rodney an idiot and/or have carter treating him like she's way better than him. i will be fast forwarding all there interaction.

rodney had grown in the last three years if he reverts and they write him as carters verbal punch bag in the funny but not funny way that will suck lemons. :(

mcbarr
July 26th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Quick before Anuna gets back, a little amateur analyzing. Crazylizzie, I'm glad you edited the above because you said what I would have said. Shep has always been an enigma. Is he Rambo or Kirk? Is he an easygoing, snarky flyboy or a deeply wounded introspective introvert with poor social skills who wears his emotions in his eyes but refuses to allow people to see the real man inside. *sniffs and reaches for tissue*

Which brings us back to badwritingbadwritingbadwriting. Love that new word. *looks around* Is Anuna back yet?

Sheppard is a descended Ancient. You'll see. :D

rodney had grown in the last three years if he reverts and they write him as carters verbal punch bag in the funny but not funny way that will suck lemons. :(

I agree. :mckayanime22:

JesterDala
July 26th, 2007, 08:48 AM
this interaction really bothers me. i hated pegasus project as the sga team acted ooc to me, and were realy nasty to rodney. it was to impress the sg1 members i suspect.

if they have to be on screen together i hope tptb will actualy write them as a pair of adults who can respect each others abilitys. if they make rodney an idiot and/or have carter treating him like she's way better than him. i will be fast forwarding all there interaction.

You know, I have no problem with Carter/McKay interaction as long as they can keep them both acting like adults, not bickering children. After all, Carter is going to be in charge of the expedition from now on. She can't constantly be fighting with McKay. Not only would that waste both her and his time, but it would NOT be something a leader like her would realistically be doing.

And Shep is totally a descended Ancient. And he can shoot Force lightening out of his fingers. We'll see it later this year. Just you watch...

mcbarr
July 26th, 2007, 09:26 AM
And Shep is totally a descended Ancient. And he can shoot Force lightening out of his fingers. We'll see it later this year. Just you watch...

I wouldn't doubt it. Superheroes are very popular these days, you know. :D

crazylizzie
July 26th, 2007, 10:02 AM
The truth is out there. Or up there as the case may be.

*also looking about for anuna*

he is an enigma, isnt he? there is that scene at the very beggining, the flipping of the coin, which struck a chord with me, he seemed so alone, especially in contrast to elizabeth speaking to simon and the scene with ford and his grandparents, and right there is i think the root of the enigma. every other character there is flashbacks of some kind in regards to the character. you see carson with his mum, and mckay is already an established character and you have the epi with his sister... but what about shep's family? was there a family? i keep thinking his dad was military but i think that was just because of the fanfic i have read out there that has made it so. and then the whole introvert vs. extrovert thing, you hit it right on because there is no consistency between the two. i mean this man reads war and peace, abliet slowly, but still, but then finds himself kissing women right and left... or at least charming them. obviously he is an excellent military man... see the storm for a good indication of the military tactics especially, but then he turns around and bucked the military (one of the few pieces we do know about his past). so it interests me... why do we know so little? he is a regular character, unlike poor lovely elizabeth who had almost two entire episodes dedicated entirely to her and who is not reaccuring.

makes me wonder if they have something up their sleeves or they just have, yet again, left a rather large gaping plot whole. and i will have to go back and look, but it even seems to me when joe was talking about the different character episodes in season 4 he mentioned everyone but shep. weird.

sooo... what do other people think? why the mystery man?

edit... and i do not like the ascending thing. blah, ick, nasty, stupid and a writing copout if i ever saw one. :D

mcbarr
July 26th, 2007, 10:11 AM
edit... and i do not like the ascending thing. blah, ick, nasty, stupid and a writing copout if i ever saw one. :D

Furling? :D

Southern Red
July 26th, 2007, 10:13 AM
You know, I have no problem with Carter/McKay interaction as long as they can keep them both acting like adults, not bickering children. After all, Carter is going to be in charge of the expedition from now on. She can't constantly be fighting with McKay. Not only would that waste both her and his time, but it would NOT be something a leader like her would realistically be doing.

Actually, I do kinda like the ascended ancient idea. Maybe fanfic has spoiled me, but I also want to see a more personal and stronger connection between Shep and the city. They've dropped the ball on the superior ATA gene IMHO. Remember the guy in The Tower scanning him and saying his was the strongest gene they've seen in 300 years? Why don't they go further with that?

And the lightening thing? Will he do that while shirtless by any chance? ;)

crazylizzie
July 26th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Actually, I do kinda like the ascended ancient idea. Maybe fanfic has spoiled me, but I also want to see a more personal and stronger connection between Shep and the city. They've dropped the ball on the superior ATA gene IMHO. Remember the guy in The Tower scanning him and saying his was the strongest gene they've seen in 300 years? Why don't they go further with that?

And the lightening thing? Will he do that while shirtless by any chance? ;)

...shirtless? mmmm...

*looks around for drool bucket*

*realizes not in shep thunk thread... :o ... goes back to topic*

yeah, i would like more about his powerful ata gene... which would, of course, lead to stories about his past, his family, etc. which is good. though, ascending ancient? would he have known all along? can he be an ascended and not know?

and yes mcbarr... furling. with a capital "F" ;)

mcbarr
July 26th, 2007, 11:01 AM
yeah, i would like more about his powerful ata gene... which would, of course, lead to stories about his past, his family, etc. which is good. though, ascending ancient? would he have known all along? can he be an ascended and not know?

Ascended, no. Descended (like Orlin from SG-1), possibly. If not Sheppard, maybe someone from his family?

and yes mcbarr... furling. with a capital "F" ;)

Ah, you (anti) shippers distorting my words! Here's a cool SGA ship for your collection:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3082/daedalussv4.jpg

:D

Anuna
July 26th, 2007, 12:00 PM
*Anuna is back to do professional analysis*

(but you were not so bad yourselves, guys!!)

I know this is the anti thread, and not character study thread, so I'll put everything under spoiler tabs, so who doesn't want to read my ramble, can easily skip. To stay on topic, let me just say, S4 sucks. There you go. Now let's look into Sheps head.

The coin tossing scene tells pretty much everything about him. Like crazylizzie said, it struck a chord. I instantly liked him, actually no - I liked his reaction when he was back with O'Neill in helicopter. he was given a lifetime opportunity and yet he was so reluctant to leave the career that really truly sucked. i mean, USAF officer who's ass is freezing off in Antartica, and he claims he likes it there. You believed him? When I saw the coin tossing scene I did. That was the lonliest man on earth.

On with the analysis. There is something that psychotherapists call "be strong" personality. Both Shep and Ronon belong into this chategory. But I'll concentrate on Shep this time.

"Be strong" characters are truly amazing people - they don't whine, they will always be there to help you, even through the worse (remember episodes like Sateda); they won't complain. They are loyal, they give a lot,b ut they don't ask and recieve attention from people in return. Why? Their deepest fear is that they are not worthy of being loved and cared about - and if they let people get close to them, they are exposed and take a risk to be abandoned. And being abandoned is their greatest fear, because it confirms the deeply rooted belief they are not worthy of love. Those people don't fear death as much as being left behind and forgotten. on the other hand they can lay their lives for others - the ultimate giving gesture.
Now you could say 'Shep isn't really like that' but here are my arguments.

He likes Antartica. He is alone, isolated, doesn't need to be close and connected to anyone - and that is fine by him. After he failed to save those teammates in Afganistan, military punished him (for doing something that was a good deed and his duty - in his eyes - because he doesn't leave his people behind; and that is not only a military motto, but for him it's a life motto too). If military was something like a family for him before afganistan, or at least a structure with rules where he felt safe and was able to do something good, that "family" confirmed his deep belief: he isn't worthy (of being loved, cared about, respected...). When he is offered the chance to actually get out of Antartica, the prospect of losing that safety scares him. There will be new people and he might get to like them. And that could hurt him and prove all over again, that he is not worthy of human contact.

Coin tossing. Look at his face expression. Doesn't he look sad and alone? And yes, there are no flashbacks, no family, no friends. He is literally alone. The worse thing happened to him - there is nobody who'd confirm he is a worthy human being.

Women. Kissing them left and right is done for fun, but there are no really deep feelings. We know he was married and that it didn't work out. It's not easy to be married to "be strong" person. It's a hard job to get feelings out of them, they hide them,a nd no matter how much you try to give them something back (love, affection...) they don't take it - they don't believe they deserve it. Shep's ex probbably felt she couldn't reach him at some point and left him, which proved, in his eyes, he was no marriage/ deep and meaningful relationship material. So flirting is fine. But no love.

But no matter how careful he is, and how much he tried to distance himself from people and not let them inside his walls (and he does have them); he begins liking Atlantis and people there. You can't really turn your heart off. So what happens? he has found a new gamily to which he is deeply loyal. he doesn't ask much, but he is ready to sacrifice himself in any way to keep them and the city safe. Examples - The Eye, Siege 2, The Real World. Loosing that new family, and people who accept him for what he is, is more scaring prospect than dieing in order to save them.

That brings me to "Epiphany" and his beard. At first I thought the beard was there to show how much time has passed since he entered the time dilation field, but later I wondered why he didn't shave it off?? I wathced episode once, but couldn't reach conclusion until I made a video concentrated around that particular episode. He never liked the beard. The fact is - he neglected himself in a way because he was generally feeling down. He didn't know why he was left behind for such a long time, and nobody came to bring him home. Did his friends give up on him? All the while he refused to truly join the new community he found himself in. he never really fell in love with Teer, he kept a significant distance. When the team finally came for him, first thing he did was to yell at them - he expected them to care. he was terrified he would be abandoned again.

To sum things up, think of his talk with Teyla in "Sateda". Teyla did a great job of analyzing him IIRC. (she could be a great psychologist!) But he didn't feel very good when she confronted him with things that he usually hides (the most wulnerable aspects of his personality). by the end of the conversation he can't even look back at her.

The flyboy attitude, snark, smartass comments, flirting - all of that is a mask underneath which is a person that is hungry for care and affection, but to scared to ask that from people.

Huh! There you go. Hope you are satisfied. Everything that I said about Shep is something I learned "reading between the lines" - because I am actually trained to do that, but I agree - it would be nice to learn something about his past "for real".

crazylizzie
July 26th, 2007, 12:09 PM
huh. you, my dear, do indeed analyze very well.

but i would still like to know more. more actual fact about his past, and i still wonder why we are not given it.

ps. you dont happen to be a lit freak do you?

Anuna
July 26th, 2007, 12:18 PM
I'm a psychologist and a psychotherapist - to - be. Is that scary enough for ya? :P

I agree, they should tell us more about our flyboy.

mcbarr
July 26th, 2007, 12:41 PM
but i would still like to know more. more actual fact about his past, and i still wonder why we are not given it.

O'Neill received a better treatment on SG-1 in terms of background stories. Either TPTB don't know how to write anymore, or they're hiding something, IMO.

Anuna
July 26th, 2007, 01:38 PM
My guess is that John's dad messed him up. It's something that usually happens with people that share his type of personality in RL.

kimaken
July 26th, 2007, 01:47 PM
O'Neill received a better treatment on SG-1 in terms of background stories. Either TPTB don't know how to write anymore, or they're hiding something, IMO.

But O'Neill (and Jackson) weren't characters created by the SG-1 writers--they were characters from the original movie, which gave us a lot of their backstory! The SG-1 writers did a lot with Carter (their favorite character creation) and quite a bit with Teal'c (another of their character creations); they even did more with all their other original characters than they did with any of the SGA characters, with the lone exception of McKay.

mcbarr
July 26th, 2007, 01:59 PM
But O'Neill (and Jackson) weren't characters created by the SG-1 writers--they were characters from the original movie, which gave us a lot of their backstory! The SG-1 writers did a lot with Carter (their favorite character creation) and quite a bit with Teal'c (another of their character creations); they even did more with all their other original characters than they did with any of the SGA characters, with the lone exception of McKay.

That's true. Interestingly enough, Carter and Teal'c are the first SG-1 characters to step in Atlantis now that SG-1 is over. Hmmm, am I reading too much into this? :D But SGA characters are also TPTB's creations, so they should treat them with more respect, don't you think? ;)

parisindy
July 26th, 2007, 04:11 PM
i will be back to reply to the conversation later
which i love btw... you guys soooo rock :D

anti's rule! screw the ori

Hallowed are the Anti's :D

Southern Red
July 26th, 2007, 04:47 PM
I'm a psychologist and a psychotherapist - to - be. Is that scary enough for ya? :P

I agree, they should tell us more about our flyboy.

And a fine one you will be. You can analyze me anytime. Well...maybe.

I think TPTB have not really nailed down the specifics on Shep yet. Everytime they get close to doing a background ep on him, they back off or take the easy way out *coughphantomscough*. Let's hope S4 will be different.

parisindy
July 26th, 2007, 09:04 PM
he is an enigma, isnt he? there is that scene at the very beggining, the flipping of the coin, which struck a chord with me, he seemed so alone, especially in contrast to elizabeth speaking to simon and the scene with ford and his grandparents, and right there is i think the root of the enigma. every other character there is flashbacks of some kind in regards to the character. you see carson with his mum, and mckay is already an established character and you have the epi with his sister... but what about shep's family? was there a family? i keep thinking his dad was military but i think that was just because of the fanfic i have read out there that has made it so. and then the whole introvert vs. extrovert thing, you hit it right on because there is no consistency between the two. i mean this man reads war and peace, abliet slowly, but still, but then finds himself kissing women right and left... or at least charming them. obviously he is an excellent military man... see the storm for a good indication of the military tactics especially, but then he turns around and bucked the military (one of the few pieces we do know about his past). so it interests me... why do we know so little? he is a regular character, unlike poor lovely elizabeth who had almost two entire episodes dedicated entirely to her and who is not reaccuring.

i'm totally an introvert and its kind of neat to think of shep that way. I like to think about this issues he is a great character study for sure.

I think after the death of his friend in Afghanistan he is a bit gun shy to make friends again but he found himself caring for the people of Atlantis despite himself (this is all conjecture). I think he has had loss in his family and his parents are either dead or maybe his dad is alive hard to say but i think either way the black mark against him wouldn't have sat well with his father.

I think since he took the chance to care for these people again he at times holds them a little to close thats why i think the loss of carson and liz will hit him hard and tptb and dough heads for not dealing with that issue at all.

I love that shep has that black mark i love his flaws and that while though he is the protagonist he is still the underdog.

Anuna
July 26th, 2007, 10:20 PM
And a fine one you will be. You can analyze me anytime. Well...maybe.

I think TPTB have not really nailed down the specifics on Shep yet. Everytime they get close to doing a background ep on him, they back off or take the easy way out *coughphantomscough*. Let's hope S4 will be different.

That is too scary for me to try! :P Kidding! I agree with you SR, it seems that tptb didn't decide what happened to Shep before we saw him in that helicopter.

Celcool
July 27th, 2007, 03:40 AM
That's true. Interestingly enough, Carter and Teal'c are the first SG-1 characters to step in Atlantis now that SG-1 is over. Hmmm, am I reading too much into this? :D But SGA characters are also TPTB's creations, so they should treat them with more respect, don't you think? ;)
They don't know what respect for SGA characters means. I haven't even realized how screwed up this show is character-development-wise until I stopped and thought after they decided to get rid of Elizabeth. As long as everything is going well enough you don't stop to think something is wrong, not until it hits you ugly.

I've been lurking only the last few days but I do enjoy all of your posts. *hugs the antis* We truly care for the show, the way it should be and was from the beginning. :)

I'll try to green as many of you as possible.

Anuna
July 27th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Thank you guys for your greens! I feel so loved!

JesterDala
July 27th, 2007, 10:19 AM
They don't know what respect for SGA characters means. I haven't even realized how screwed up this show is character-development-wise until I stopped and thought after they decided to get rid of Elizabeth. As long as everything is going well enough you don't stop to think something is wrong, not until it hits you ugly.

I've been lurking only the last few days but I do enjoy all of your posts. *hugs the antis* We truly care for the show, the way it should be and was from the beginning.

I'll try to green as many of you as possible.

When you slow down and look at things, it can really hit you hard how bad this show is rapidly becoming. IMO the writers never put in the same time and effort they did for the characters on SG-1. I'm sure any SG-1 fan could give you the histories of Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. But when you're asked about the characters on SGA, the information is spotty at best.

Maybe TPTB have decided that explosions are more interesting than people.

Suzotchka
July 27th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I've been lurking only the last few days but I do enjoy all of your posts. *hugs the antis* We truly care for the show, the way it should be and was from the beginning. :)

I've been lurking here too lately. I'm just feeling so ... blah ... about S4.

kimaken
July 27th, 2007, 10:44 AM
When you slow down and look at things, it can really hit you hard how bad this show is rapidly becoming. IMO the writers never put in the same time and effort they did for the characters on SG-1. I'm sure any SG-1 fan could give you the histories of Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. But when you're asked about the characters on SGA, the information is spotty at best.

Exactly my thoughts! I was an avid SG-1 fan (although I didn't become a fan until watching SciFi's former Monday nite multi-ep lineup; by then I knew MS had left and was coming back in S7) and enjoyed the show because of its total ensemble feel. Sure there were eps that featured some characters more so than others, but then those other characters also had eps that featured them--it all evened out. Even Hammond and Frasier had key scenes and eps where their respective roles really shined. It wasn't ALWAYS just about Jack and Daniel. However, I think that may have been because Jack and Daniel weren't oriignal characters--the writers had to follow the canon established in the movie for their backstories, but that also allowed them to have 2 well established characters from the get-go and gave them time to build up their own 2 original characters, as well as develop their regularly recurring characters.

I don't know why SGA's writers couldn't get the hang of writing for an ensemble. They did pretty good with S1, but in my opinion, they made a huge mistake in focusing almost exclusively on McKay (first) and Sheppard (second) as the only main characters worth writing. For me, it's hard to enjoy a show that you already know what's going to happen (McKay and Shep will snark a lot at each other and/or at others; McKay's brilliance and Shep's bravery will result in saving the day for whatever crisis is at hand. No matter what danger they may find themselves in, the next week they'll be back to normal, with no linger after effects from the previous week's adventure. Only supporting main and recurring characters will ever be permanently disabled (Bates), disappear (Ford, maybe Weir?), or die (Grodin, Beckett).

crazylizzie
July 27th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I don't know why SGA's writers couldn't get the hang of writing for an ensemble. They did pretty good with S1, but in my opinion, they made a huge mistake in focusing almost exclusively on McKay (first) and Sheppard (second) as the only main characters worth writing. For me, it's hard to enjoy a show that you already know what's going to happen (McKay and Shep will snark a lot at each other and/or at others; McKay's brilliance and Shep's bravery will result in saving the day for whatever crisis is at hand. No matter what danger they may find themselves in, the next week they'll be back to normal, with no linger after effects from the previous week's adventure. Only supporting main and recurring characters will ever be permanently disabled (Bates), disappear (Ford, maybe Weir?), or die (Grodin, Beckett).

after reading through the comments this afternoon, something kept nagging at me and i finally figured out what it is... i wonder, if its not so much that tptb have a hard time writing sga as much as they have a hard time writing non-off world epis. sg1 have mostly off world epis and the main team, the main characters, are off world characters, but sga is not like that and you can tell that they did try. i know i am pulling this off the top of my head so i am probably wrong but it seems at least every other epi on sga happened in atlantis, which allowed the characters that usually are absent in off world epis to be present. we got to know elizabeth because of the conflicts in atlants, beckett and grodin and zelenka the same thing... characters that would usually stay on world got screen time because of the tendency of tptb to write atlantis epis

but now, they want a new direction, a new direction that has those characters, those onworld characters, suddenly disappearing. elizabeth stayed on atlantis because she is head of atlantis, and yes, carter will be too, but i remember joe saying that the reason that they liked carter is because she is versatile and can go off world... which still does not make sense to me, how can she be an effective leader of atlantis and be off world. now. elizabeth is gone. carson didnt like going off world... said so in a couple different episodes, so no more carson. grodin was just a tech that went off world once, and died. the only one that has survived is zelenka. of course, my theory doesnt explain ford but... well, he is a special case i do believe he just fell out of the universe for no apparent reason. :cool:

anyway. conspiracy mode again it seems... but really, maybe that is the new direction... moving off world, more epis off world, focusing more exclusively on the off world team...

wait.

*looks around to make sure i am not talking about sg1* :S

edit: and what sucks thoroughly is that some of my favorite epis were atlantis epis... of course, some of my favorite epis were elizabeth epis too, so that might explain it, but seriously, that had some very cool atlantis epis and it is really sad if said direction is really where they are going with it. there is still so much to know about atlantis... and then we can get some shep ata info in there too. win/win. WHY DOES NO ONE LISTEN TO ME!! wait. thats right. i am a fan. :D

Southern Red
July 27th, 2007, 11:44 AM
after reading through the comments this afternoon, something kept nagging at me and i finally figured out what it is... i wonder, if its not so much that tptb have a hard time writing sga as much as they have a hard time writing non-off world epis. sg1 have mostly off world epis and the main team, the main characters, are off world characters, but sga is not like that and you can tell that they did try. i know i am pulling this off the top of my head so i am probably wrong but it seems at least every other epi on sga happened in atlantis, which allowed the characters that usually are absent in off world epis to be present. we got to know elizabeth because of the conflicts in atlants, beckett and grodin and zelenka the same thing... characters that would usually stay on world got screen time because of the tendency of tptb to write atlantis epis

but now, they want a new direction, a new direction that has those characters, those onworld characters, suddenly disappearing. elizabeth stayed on atlantis because she is head of atlantis, and yes, carter will be too, but i remember joe saying that the reason that they liked carter is because she is versatile and can go off world... which still does not make sense to me, how can she be an effective leader of atlantis and be off world. now. elizabeth is gone. carson didnt like going off world... said so in a couple different episodes, so no more carson. grodin was just a tech that went off world once, and died. the only one that has survived is zelenka. of course, my theory doesnt explain ford but... well, he is a special case i do believe he just fell out of the universe for no apparent reason. :cool:

anyway. conspiracy mode again it seems... but really, maybe that is the new direction... moving off world, more epis off world, focusing more exclusively on the off world team...

wait.

*looks around to make sure i am not talking about sg1* :S

I think you are absolutely onto something. They have said that S4 will be more "team" oriented, and the team to them means the off-world team. As I've said before the SG-1ification of SGA has begun. If there is a S5, I think it will be complete, and we'll see no more Atlantis-based episodes. The whole original premise of the show will be changed.:( This makes some people happy, but not me.:(

Wow, 2 frownies in one paragraph. I am certainly anti today.

Anuna
July 27th, 2007, 01:06 PM
The need for a "new direction" (or shall we call it good ole direction *cough* sg - 1 *cough*) means you messed something up. I know a thing or two about writing, I'm an amateur myself 8but I'm steadily improving) and one of the main things is that you know where and how the story is going to end when you begin it. Or if you can't do that, you should at least have a plan or a vision for general direction of the story (that's good when you're doing a project so huge and complex like a TV show).

A great example of well written show with both action, good plots, loads of explosions and excellent character development is Star Trek Deep Space Nine. The story had continuity, the action was great, plotlines were interesting and every single character had it's episodes and background - everything was important and adressed as such. There was no major cast changes up to end of season six. But something like that isn't easy to do. i guess it takes lots of work, effort and creativity over money - induced reasons (like ratings? SG - 1 fans? I don't know).

YappiChick
July 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Well, that certainly explains the reason why Carson isn't around anymore. I guess I'm feeling a bit cheeky today. :P

mcbarr
July 27th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Well, that certainly explains the reason why Carson isn't around anymore. I guess I'm feeling a bit cheeky today. :P

Yes, it does explain! :D

Ruined_puzzle
July 27th, 2007, 04:32 PM
From Comic Con. (http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/83316.html)

Someone asked whether the show could go for 10 years, and a rep from Sci Fi channel said that people need to watch the show without using Tivo but watch it as it is broadcast instead."

MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

I completely forgot that today was the sga panel, I thought it was tomorrow but maybe its just because I was thinking about Heroes.

parisindy
July 27th, 2007, 04:38 PM
i love comic con.. i'm going next year i hope
gads i dislike JS, glad i didn't go this year...except for one thing

*sob* my supernatural boys are going *sob*

man i accidentally clicked on the anti-weir thread cause it started with 'anti'
i didn't read it just ran away..but i feel ...soiled :S

mcbarr
July 27th, 2007, 05:16 PM
man i accidentally clicked on the anti-weir thread cause it started with 'anti'
i didn't read it just ran away..but i feel ...soiled :S

This thread, on the other hand, is under constant surveillance. Take a look at the number of views... :S

Killdeer
July 27th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Someone asked whether the show could go for 10 years, and a rep from Sci Fi channel said that people need to watch the show without using Tivo but watch it as it is broadcast instead."

:lol: Very funny. These network people have got to get a clue. Watching live broadcasts is just going to get less and less popular, not more, and there's nothing the TV industry can do to stop it. They need to stop worrying about getting people to watch live and figure out a new system before it gets away from them altogether.

parisindy
July 27th, 2007, 05:19 PM
This thread, on the other hand, is under constant surveillance. Take a look at the number of views... :S

oh yeah i know, i don't mind let them lurk

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/mercurys_winter/moon.gif @ non anti lurkers hehehehhe (j/k)

Hallowed are the Anti's!

parisindy
July 27th, 2007, 05:25 PM
:lol: Very funny. These network people have got to get a clue. Watching live broadcasts is just going to get less and less popular, not more, and there's nothing the TV industry can do to stop it. They need to stop worrying about getting people to watch live and figure out a new system before it gets away from them altogether.

watching broadcasts live is like listening to cd's :lol:

Killdeer
July 27th, 2007, 05:29 PM
watching broadcasts live is like listening to cd's :lol:

Hahaha.... that one took me a minute. :) My first reaction was, hey wait, I still listen to cds. :)

parisindy
July 27th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Hahaha.... that one took me a minute. :) My first reaction was, hey wait, I still listen to cds. :)

hehehehehhehehehehehe http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/mercurys_winter/hug.gif
green you if i could hehe

mcbarr
July 27th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Watch live if you want more seasons of SGA. Sounds like blackmail to me. :D

BTW, I still listen to CDs too. ;)

parisindy
July 27th, 2007, 08:16 PM
well even if i wanted to i can't they don't show the new episodes here

hehe i have cd's as well but i can't function with out my ipod

((ipod))

and i can't even purchase the episodes from itunes cause its only in the usa

Killdeer
July 27th, 2007, 08:19 PM
well even if i wanted to i can't they don't show the new episodes here

hehe i have cd's as well but i can't function with out my ipod

((ipod))

iTunes is only in the US? How frustrating! :S

parisindy
July 27th, 2007, 08:40 PM
iTunes is only in the US? How frustrating! :S

oh no sorry i have itunes but you can't download tv episodes in Canada

you guys even have a better amazon!

Celcool
July 28th, 2007, 04:27 AM

MWAHAHAHAHAHA.
That had to have been the most boring con ever.

Strange about that quote, the same question was posed on last year's comiccon, except it was about SG-1 (and we know how that story ended) and the same answer was given. Will SGA face the same fate?

"Nora is asked how much longer she thinks "SG-1" will run. "It's not up to me, it's up to you," she responds pointing to the audience. "Do us a favor though, watch our show live. Don't TiVo them, it affects our ratings." Chris then proceeds to start petting Nora like a cat."

Taken from http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20060722_stargate

I read that the questions were all screened, what were they afraid of? Of an innocent question like "why are you getting rid of Weir?" Why is it so hard for them to answer that question?

mcbarr
July 28th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Were fans forced to sign loyalty oaths too? :D

But, yeah, why is it so hard to explain the crappy cast changes?

Heaven
July 28th, 2007, 06:11 AM
because they can't say "we hope Carter will bring better ratings" without sounding like complete jerks?

Anuna
July 28th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I feel especially anti today. Let's see....

You were referring to explosions!love? :P Let me add a little song to that: *bang bang, you shot me down*.... I wonder if Atlantis is turning into that. :D

MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

I completely forgot that today was the sga panel, I thought it was tomorrow but maybe its just because I was thinking about Heroes.

*is in shock* Forgot about SGA panel? You must be antified to the core. Not a loyal little fan who will turn in to get the show better ratings. / irony

Me neither. I think I won't miss them all that much. I figured out my system of watching first 3 seasons plus skipping the crappy episodes. :P

Strange about that quote, the same question was posed on last year's comiccon, except it was about SG-1 (and we know how that story ended) and the same answer was given. Will SGA face the same fate?

"Nora is asked how much longer she thinks "SG-1" will run. "It's not up to me, it's up to you," she responds pointing to the audience. "Do us a favor though, watch our show live. Don't TiVo them, it affects our ratings." Chris then proceeds to start petting Nora like a cat."

Taken from http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20060722_stargate

I read that the questions were all screened, what were they afraid of? Of an innocent question like "why are you getting rid of Weir?" Why is it so hard for them to answer that question?

Oh so it's up to fans? Well give us something we (or at least those people who do affect the ratings) would like to watch!

Why is so hard to answer the question about Weir? Well, they'd have to confess, I guess, that there is Money behind everything. they couldn't give us "creative decisions" crap any more.

Were fans forced to sign loyalty oaths too? :D

But, yeah, why is it so hard to explain the crappy cast changes?

'Fcourse! "We solemly swear to watch all episodes, no matter how sick we start to feel while watching them". You didn't sign taht one? :P

because they can't say "we hope Carter will bring better ratings" without sounding like complete jerks?

Try completely desperate and lacking *creative* ideas! :P

ooooh, I feel really anti today! :D :mckay:

Southern Red
July 28th, 2007, 07:30 AM
One report said the room was packed for SG-1 but there were empty seats for SGA. Hmm? Here's the link. http://m2tv.typepad.com/m2tv/

This is an interesting article with a few sly digs at TPTB and Skiffy. I mean that only in the nicest most non-bashy way that it is possible to be on an anti thread. Of course. ;)

Anuna
July 28th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Empty seats for SGA? Why am I not surprised? :S

Celcool
July 28th, 2007, 08:02 AM
I like the evil anti!Anuna! ;)

You mean the room wasn't packed with Tapping there??? /sarcasm I thought they brought Carter on the show to draw the masses. LOL

Southern Red, thanks for the link. I find this excerpt interesting:

Some of this afternoon's Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis panels might have been rehearsed or even choreographed. (It's hard to say just how much.)
Huh??? They are scared of the questions, control which are to be asked and they plan everything so they wouldn't get embarassed. Oh my, they do feel guilty of something.

Anuna
July 28th, 2007, 08:26 AM
I think that's called "advertising" :P

I didn't know I was evil. EDIT: actually I did :P

Celcool
July 28th, 2007, 08:32 AM
You're good evil ;)

What's called advertising?

Anuna
July 28th, 2007, 08:46 AM
When you give people the information you want them to have, and not the information they want or need. You give information in a way to help your own purpose, and not to actually inform people. It's also called manipulating. ;) There goes the evil psychologist of this thread :P

YappiChick
July 28th, 2007, 08:50 AM
When you give people the information you want them to have, and not the information they want or need. You give information in a way to help your own purpose, and not to actually inform people. It's also called manipulating. ;) There goes the evil psychologist of this thread :P

Dr. Anuna has spoken! :D

Southern Red
July 28th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I like the evil anti!Anuna! ;)

You mean the room wasn't packed with Tapping there??? /sarcasm I thought they brought Carter on the show to draw the masses. LOL

Southern Red, thanks for the link. I find this excerpt interesting:

Huh??? They are scared of the questions, control which are to be asked and they plan everything so they wouldn't get embarassed. Oh my, they do feel guilty of something.

It's also a technique quite common in politics. Which takes us back to our many discussions about the fact that there's more to this than we know. The politics of showbiz.

Dr. Anuna has spoken! :D

Hey doc, does that mean you can use the anti couch for therapy sessions? Maybe we should start a sign up sheet. ;)

YappiChick
July 28th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Hey doc, does that mean you can use the anti couch for therapy sessions? Maybe we should start a sign up sheet. ;)

I think Fridays at 9 (for all of us out here in the US) should be our group sessions. :D

Anuna
July 28th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Make sure you find a really big couch and I'll do my best to keep you in the anti mood. :P

parisindy
July 28th, 2007, 10:02 AM
I think Fridays at 9 (for all of us out here in the US) should be our group sessions. :D

:lol: i'm so in!

Anuna
July 28th, 2007, 10:07 AM
And I'll be rich! :D LOL We need to keep our sanity.

Southern Red
July 28th, 2007, 10:26 AM
And I'll be rich! :D LOL We need to keep our sanity.

Hey, you're not doing this out of the goodness of your heart? Actually, we should all chip in to pay for therapy for TPTB. They're the ones who really need it. :lol:

Ruined_puzzle
July 28th, 2007, 10:29 AM

Yes, if I'm not out, this will keep me occupied so I don't accidentally switch to the scifi channel.

Ack, why must JF be so pretty. I will not watch SGA, I will not watch SGA. lol.

Anuna
July 28th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Hey, you're not doing this out of the goodness of your heart? Actually, we should all chip in to pay for therapy for TPTB. They're the ones who really need it. :lol:

I have better idea - we'll have fun together and let TOTB pay for it. Oh right. i forgot to switch back on my good hearted mode.

There, done. :D

Vixen
July 28th, 2007, 12:21 PM

MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

This reminded me of an interesting little article (http://tubetalk.blogspot.com/2007/07/meet-tami-new-tv-ratings-system.html) I read.

Anuna
July 28th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Really interesting, Vixen. i wonder when that kicks in.

parisindy
July 28th, 2007, 05:21 PM
it will be interesting to find out if they will start considering 'world wide'

i know it doesn't really matter for advertisers... but it does for cons and merchandise

Irish Eyes
July 28th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I've been reading the Comic Con reports and looking at pictures from the panels and I can't help but contrast it to last year's Con. Last year I was excited about the show, really anticipating season 3, and it just seemed like the Con fed all my expectations. In fact, last summer was really fun for me in the fandom.

This year's con has done nothing to make me feel better about what's coming. I even disliked the cast panel pictures because of who's missing from them.

I'm afraid all I feel tonight is sad. :(

parisindy
July 28th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I've been reading the Comic Con reports and looking at pictures from the panels and I can't help but contrast it to last year's Con. Last year I was excited about the show, really anticipating season 3, and it just seemed like the Con fed all my expectations. In fact, last summer was really fun for me in the fandom.

This year's con has done nothing to make me feel better about what's coming. I even disliked the cast panel pictures because of who's missing from them.

totally borg that

i was there in 2004 and it was sooo different omg the place was just buzzing

it really feels like they were trying to lay low this year because of the controversy

i thought the jokes about scots was kind of tastless mind you i never think JM is funny

parisindy
July 28th, 2007, 10:18 PM
hehehe just had a deliciously evil thought hehehehe
we should start a pro Tivo thread muhahahahahahahaha

Anuna
July 29th, 2007, 02:26 AM
Just made Elizbaeth vid... I'm thinking about making an anti vid too. Can you suggest some scenes/events you didn't like, guys?

Celcool
July 29th, 2007, 06:11 AM
You know, you're so good you could be one of those people doing that. :P God forbid. You'd keep our favorite characters alive, wouldn't you? ;)

Make sure you find a really big couch and I'll do my best to keep you in the anti mood. :P
Oh, I think I'd be the best patient ever. ;)

Can't not agree on that.

*anti!hugs*

it really feels like they were trying to lay low this year because of the controversy

i thought the jokes about scots was kind of tastless mind you i never think JM is funny
I think you're right.

I read a report or two and I thought they were kinda rude too, they didn't even answer some of the questions that they unscreened properly. Very disrespectful. It's like who cares about those stupid fans who (want to) watch our show. They're too self-important. Why did they even arrange to have the panels at the ComicCon this year? SG-1 is over, the show, I didn't know you can promote movies that come out on DVDs only as well at the ComicCon, thought it was only for the TV shows currently alive. Maybe I'm wrong, obviously I am. :P And SGA is about to be over, besides why go there to show yourself if you're not gonna answer everything or anything the fans want to know.

hehehe just had a deliciously evil thought hehehehe
we should start a pro Tivo thread muhahahahahahahaha
haha, a very good idea! ;)

Just made Elizbaeth vid... I'm thinking about making an anti vid too. Can you suggest some scenes/events you didn't like, guys?
Wait until S4 airs, you'll have plenty of footage to use. ;)

But if you want to make one now, maybe make it a theme "TPTB killing on Atlantis", you can use the Carson and Liz scene a lot and scatter scenes of Grodin, Ford and other Atlantis expedition members being killed by TPTB. Could be a fun vid. :S I don't know which song to use though.

Anuna
July 29th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Oh I have a *perfect* song in mind for a long time now. "The Show Must Go On" by Queen. Bc of this:

Part of the lyrics:

Another hero - another mindless crime.
Behind the curtain, in the pantomime.
Hold the line!
Does anybody want to take it anymore?
The Show must go on!
The Show must go on!
Inside my heart is breaking,
My make-up may be flaking,
But my smile, still, stays on!

That makes a perfect anti song for an anti vid.

mcbarr
July 29th, 2007, 08:42 AM

Wait until S4 airs, you'll have plenty of footage to use. ;)

But if you want to make one now, maybe make it a theme "TPTB killing on Atlantis", you can use the Carson and Liz scene a lot and scatter scenes of Grodin, Ford and other Atlantis expedition members being killed by TPTB. Could be a fun vid. :S I don't know which song to use though.

Many Genii have been ditched as well. The Genii girl who simply vanished in s1, the guy who played Chief O'Brien on DS9, Kolya... The Athosians have been missing too, and will probably be ditched altogether in s4. Even the main enemy, the Wraith, have been missing lately. It seems to me most SGA-related stuff has been mismanaged. But who cares about SGA anyway? :S

Anuna
July 29th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Thanx for suggestions guys!!! ;)

parisindy
July 29th, 2007, 09:50 AM
do you want good scenes or stuff we didn't like

stuff i didn't like.. most of first strike

Anuna
July 29th, 2007, 10:11 AM
I intended to use scenes from FS. :P

parisindy
July 29th, 2007, 02:48 PM
thats the episode that turned me off

mcbarr
July 29th, 2007, 03:41 PM
For me, it started with the Irr* episodes, which I consider a prelude of things to come, but Sunday and FS made me an Anti.

parisindy
July 29th, 2007, 04:02 PM
For me, it started with the Irr* episodes, which I consider a prelude of things to come, but Sunday and FS made me an Anti.

at the time i just found the Irr episodes..weird, and and just plain off but forgivable to a point, Atlantis could have survived a few bad episodes... but sunday and fs upset the balance so much that they changed things irreversibly

sunday and fs are unforgivable

nowvoyager908
July 29th, 2007, 04:10 PM
at the time i just found the Irr episodes..weird, abd and just plain off but forgivable to a point

sunday and fs are unforgivable

I watched the first "Irr" episode and just shook my head. I always liked Richard Kind on Spin City, plus he's one of George Clooney's best friends, so what's not to like, but that episode was really pushing it. I'm proud to say that I didn't even watch the second "Irr" episode, so I don't feel so "icky".

I watched Sunday "unofficially" after it premiered in Canada, but couldn't bear to watch it again when it aired in the US. I'm sad to say I haven't watched anything live after The Ark and I've only seen the explosion scene in FS where Elizabeth was blown back. I just couldn't watch them change Elizabeth's character to suit the wrongheaded direction of the storyline. I'm stubborn that way (and loyal to my favorite characters).

mcbarr
July 29th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I'm stubborn that way (and loyal to my favorite characters).

Borg. Especially when the cast changes are not (cannot be) explained.

parisindy
July 29th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Borg. Especially when the cast changes are not (cannot be) explained.

agreed

Celcool
July 29th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I watched the first "Irr" episode and just shook my head. I always liked Richard Kind on Spin City, plus he's one of George Clooney's best friends, so what's not to like, but that episode was really pushing it. I'm proud to say that I didn't even watch the second "Irr" episode, so I don't feel so "icky".

I watched Sunday "unofficially" after it premiered in Canada, but couldn't bear to watch it again when it aired in the US. I'm sad to say I haven't watched anything live after The Ark and I've only seen the explosion scene in FS where Elizabeth was blown back. I just couldn't watch them change Elizabeth's character to suit the wrongheaded direction of the storyline. I'm stubborn that way (and loyal to my favorite characters).
:weiranime17:

Anuna
July 29th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I can only agree with that. Sunday was so out of character in too many places. Irr* episodes were stupid beyond belief. FS is truly unforgivable, and when I think of it - all those changes and things we didn't like are due to producing policies and big M word, contrcts and stuff like that. I'm dissapointed that totally uncreative things shape "creative" decisions.

Flowerbud
July 29th, 2007, 11:38 PM
I detect a strong whiff of desperation with these recent cast decisions. I wonder if it related to the fact that SGA has gotten poor ratings when SciFi ran the reruns and now the producers and Sci-Fi executives have no confidence in the show and hence all the changes.

The problem is the producers/writers themselves, not the actors who unfortunately have lost their jobs because the writers are incredibly incompetent. The cast changes and changing the show set-up (militarization, team-based) are a reflection of the inability of the producers/writers to create an ensemble show and write more complex stories focusing on intricate politics and ideologies. There was so much potential with the concept of Atlantis.

Sadly, the writers are creatively bankrupt and are only able to write the same predictable thing over and over again. The frat boy humor, the limited and inconsistent characterizations, illogical plots, recycling stories from SG-1, the lack of thematic arcs within a season and between seasons make this show really tedious.

It really bothers me at the way women in authority are treated on this show. Elizabeth Weir is there to be torn down and humiliated. Teyla is generally dressed in scanty clothes and kept in the background. These guys are pathetic when to comes to women. It's clearly a boys own show with the constant focus on McKay and Sheppard. They can't imagine a world where men and women can work together and be equal players in a story. They ought to watch something like Law&Order SVU.

Times are changing and dramatic television is becoming more sophisticated and the audiences are expect quality writing. The producers are stuck in a time warp.

I wonder if I should write a letter to SciFi with these complaints. It would be better for them to bet their money on a new set of producers.

Anuna
July 30th, 2007, 03:05 AM
You can add few female writers to that new package - instead of changig cast and ditching one wonderfull actress and her amazing character, maybe a change among those big heads could do the show some good.

Yeah it's a boys show, well no wonder there - this is still man's world and it seems taht military (and militarization) is something that's easier and more fun for them to do. I don't think it will be more fun to watch. I'll skip it, thank you but no thank you. No S4 for me.

Southern Red
July 30th, 2007, 04:36 AM
I detect a strong whiff of desperation with these recent cast decisions. I wonder if it related to the fact that SGA has gotten poor ratings when SciFi ran the reruns and now the producers and Sci-Fi executives have no confidence in the show and hence all the changes.

The problem is the producers/writers themselves, not the actors who unfortunately have lost their jobs because the writers are incredibly incompetent. The cast changes and changing the show set-up (militarization, team-based) are a reflection of the inability of the producers/writers to create an ensemble show and write more complex stories focusing on intricate politics and ideologies. There was so much potential with the concept of Atlantis.

Sadly, the writers are creatively bankrupt and are only able to write the same predictable thing over and over again. The frat boy humor, the limited and inconsistent characterizations, illogical plots, recycling stories from SG-1, the lack of thematic arcs within a season and between seasons make this show really tedious.

It really bothers me at the way women in authority are treated on this show. Elizabeth Weir is there to be torn down and humiliated. Teyla is generally dressed in scanty clothes and kept in the background. These guys are pathetic when to comes to women. It's clearly a boys own show with the constant focus on McKay and Sheppard. They can't imagine a world where men and women can work together and be equal players in a story. They ought to watch something like Law&Order SVU.

Times are changing and dramatic television is becoming more sophisticated and the audiences are expect quality writing. The producers are stuck in a time warp.

I wonder if I should write a letter to SciFi with these complaints. It would be better for them to bet their money on a new set of producers.

Yes, yes yes. You should send this post as a letter to everyone on the list. You'll find a good one at the SEW thread.

crazylizzie
July 30th, 2007, 04:40 AM

hit it on the head there... and I had such hopes for Elizabeth's character, she wasn't a woman trying to be a man in a man's role, she was Elizabeth and all that entailed, woman and leader etc. as for Teyla, I dont know how many times I have griped about Teyla's two dimensional roll.

If you go over to the save Elizabeth Weir thread they can hook you up with all the email address' and all the mail address' you will ever need to send of your thoughts.

You can add few female writers to that new package - instead of changig cast and ditching one wonderfull actress and her amazing character, maybe a change among those big heads could do the show some good.

Yeah it's a boys show, well no wonder there - this is still man's world and it seems taht military (and militarization) is something that's easier and more fun for them to do. I don't think it will be more fun to watch. I'll skip it, thank you but no thank you. No S4 for me.

Boy show... bleck. :S

I mean, dont get me wrong, I have nothing against the whole scantily clad thing as long as its shared equally. :o

But seriously... I hate how they write women, wait, I think I have complained and belly ached about this before, but it drives me mad. Carter as a man, Teyla two dimensional and Elizabeth so all over the place I feel the need to write fanfic just to justify or explain her personality.

Which is fun, but shouldnt be my job as a fan... here's a brilliant thought, they should hire me! :D

Anuna
July 30th, 2007, 04:55 AM
And me too! (altough I can write Shep better than Liz. :S Hmmm) It always bothered me that carter was written as one of the boys, a woman stuck in a man's role so deeply disconnected from her feminine emotions, serving mostly as deus ex machina. But at least she was fully dressed. And Teyla... so many possibilities there, but never fully used.

crazylizzie
July 30th, 2007, 05:23 AM
it will be interesting to see how they deal with the pregnancy... though from all appearances it seems in the same general callous manner... but we can always hope.

Anuna
July 30th, 2007, 06:59 AM
I'm beyond caring how they'll pull that out. I guess the pregnancy will be part of some super - cool - dark plot aimed to "enhance" the season.

crazylizzie
July 30th, 2007, 07:35 AM
ugh... i wanted a human story there, something that gave teyla depth, hell, even if it was pregnancy because of a relationship with an unknown athosian... but no, it has to be some creepy thing that michael did to her... or, so i've heard

stclare
July 30th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Hi Guys :)

as a lowly UK resident i havent been able to view the comic con footage as yet (crosses fingers for youtube) but I have read a few transcripts, although i dont know how complete they are.

what im trying to figure out is why i cant find any q's that link directly to the cast changes and/or fans doubts about season 4?

i would have thought that with a large mixed audience some one would have asked a more direct question, not rude of course as i dont think (hope) that any fan would, but the q's ive read were a bit blarr you know theres no, i dont know how to phrase it urrr meaty questions? ;)

its as if eveyone attending was alreay an online reader and new all the spoilers already, surely that isnt the case?

still as yet havent seen a single spoiler that makes me confident in the changes due for season 4, that is depressing :(

has the anti couch got a massage chair in it for my much needed use with a nice hot chocolate and hot chilli heatwave doritos? :)

Southern Red
July 30th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Hi Guys :)

as a lowly UK resident i havent been able to view the comic con footage as yet (crosses fingers for youtube) but I have read a few transcripts, although i dont know how complete they are.

what im trying to figure out is why i cant find any q's that link directly to the cast changes and/or fans doubts about season 4?

i would have thought that with a large mixed audience some one would have asked a more direct question, not rude of course as i dont think (hope) that any fan would, but the q's ive read were a bit blarr you know theres no, i dont know how to phrase it urrr meaty questions? ;)

its as if eveyone attending was alreay an online reader and new all the spoilers already, surely that isnt the case?

still as yet havent seen a single spoiler that makes me confident in the changes due for season 4, that is depressing :(

has the anti couch got a massage chair in it for my much needed use with a nice hot chocolate and hot chilli heatwave doritos? :)

I'm sure there is a massage chair around somewhere, or we could take turns giving each other neck rubs. :lol:

I heard that the questions for the panel were screened beforehand. After watching the video, it sure seems that way. Favorite episodes? Action figures? Parenting advice? WTF? Was it just me or did they seem a bit hesitant at times also? It just didn't have that freewheeling fun spirit of last year's. And the AT/DH show was a bit much. Just IMHO, of course.

stclare
July 30th, 2007, 10:06 AM
I'm sure there is a massage chair around somewhere, or we could take turns giving each other neck rubs. :lol:

I heard that the questions for the panel were screened beforehand. After watching the video, it sure seems that way. Favorite episodes? Action figures? Parenting advice? WTF? Was it just me or did they seem a bit hesitant at times also? It just didn't have that freewheeling fun spirit of last year's. And the AT/DH show was a bit much. Just IMHO, of course.

thats taking the fun out of it, isnt it. :mckay:

at peg 2 last year all qs were spontanious, you got some weird qs but also some gems ;)

I wonder if all comic con convs are screened that way...:cool:

as for the dh/at show havent seen it yet so i cant comment. although it does worry me for peg 3 next year. booked it in feb. im so screwed (not in the good way) if theres only 1 original cast member there :o

Anuna
July 30th, 2007, 10:17 AM

*facepalm*

Okay, I'm oficcially living under the rock in some God forsaken part of the milky way!! WTF?!? This is just too much! If they are screening questions from con audience they must be desperate to get coug *theri* cough message through, and not what fans want to know.

OMG, this is even better than "watch our show, help our ratings".

*bursts into laughter*

Southern Red
July 30th, 2007, 10:20 AM
thats taking the fun out of it, isnt it. :mckay:

at peg 2 last year all qs were spontanious, you got some weird qs but also some gems ;)

I wonder if all comic con convs are screened that way...:cool:

as for the dh/at show havent seen it yet so i cant comment. although it does worry me for peg 3 next year. booked it in feb. im so screwed (not in the good way) if theres only 1 original cast member there :o

In every other con report I've read from past cons, it has been just as you said. Plenty of questions of all kinds. I hope you get to see it, it just seems scripted. Except for JF. I remember him saying in an interview once, "I will not be censored". It seems like he still feels that way. ;)

Anuna
July 30th, 2007, 11:06 AM
In every other con report I've read from past cons, it has been just as you said. Plenty of questions of all kinds. I hope you get to see it, it just seems scripted. Except for JF. I remember him saying in an interview once, "I will not be censored". It seems like he still feels that way. ;)

Makes me respect him. I also remember that "this sounds like funeral" comment. Pretty much the boldest thing that was said about this whole mixup. Thumbs up, JF.

PG15
July 30th, 2007, 11:29 AM
It'd be nice to get some proof that the questions were screened before we start accusing people.

I'm just saying...

crazylizzie
July 30th, 2007, 11:34 AM
It'd be nice to get some proof that the questions were screened before we start accusing people.

I'm just saying...

oh, but what is the fun in that? :D

Anuna
July 30th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Are we on court of law or what?

Falcon Horus
July 30th, 2007, 12:32 PM

Sometimes you might think so. :p

Ruined_puzzle
July 30th, 2007, 12:50 PM

LOL.

mcbarr
July 30th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Maybe TPTB were expecting a protest? :rolleyes:

Falcon Horus
July 30th, 2007, 01:20 PM

*gasp* No! Really?

;)

YappiChick
July 30th, 2007, 01:32 PM

Why would they ever think that? Because the size of the Anti thread is nearly double that of the Pro one?

Falcon Horus
July 30th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Because the size of the Anti thread is nearly double that of the Pro one?

Wow!! Really... :p

mcbarr
July 30th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Why would they ever think that? Because the size of the Anti thread is nearly double that of the Pro one?

Yep, that's it. :D We're reaching the 2000 mark, btw. :cool:

stclare
July 30th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Yep, that's it. :D We're reaching the 2000 mark, btw. :cool:

its sad though isnt it :( i would have much rather been looking forward to season 4 and be hitting the 2000 mark because of the squee.

:S

I'm just saying...

i dont think anyone stated on this thread that it was fact ? only that it was rumoured which prevoked a discussion on cons and panels :o

i feel censored everywhere at the moment....perhaps i need to go see Dr Phil and reconnect with my inner sga fandomania (is that a word) ;)

hey or maybe we need Judge Judy preciding over the boards !:cool:

Falcon Horus
July 30th, 2007, 02:21 PM
its sad though isnt it :( i would have much rather been looking forward to season 4 and be hitting the 2000 mark because of the squee.

Yup, I agree but unfortunately that's not the case this time so we'll just have to accept the fact that the anti-feelings are overruling the pro-feelings by a long shot in a large portion of the fandom here on GW.

parisindy
July 30th, 2007, 03:15 PM

*snicker* sorry but that was funny hehe

:S

amen ... its not like i want to be an anti... except that i am glad that i got to meet you guys. But i would love to still be squeeing and i would be if tptb didn't muck around with our show

i dont think anyone stated on this thread that it was fact ? only that it was rumoured which prevoked a discussion on cons and panels :o

i feel censored everywhere at the moment....perhaps i need to go see Dr Phil and reconnect with my inner sga fandomania (is that a word) ;)

amen! i totally feel censored.. its one of the reasons i am only sticking to the anti threads.

Yup, I agree but unfortunately that's not the case this time so we'll just have to accept the fact that the anti-feelings are overruling the pro-feelings by a long shot in a large portion of the fandom here on GW.

well i don't know about over ruling but one has to at least realize their is a problem when there is a large faction of anti's..... anti's have always existed but the sheer growth in numbers you would think would be a red flag... but oh yeah thats right... fan's opinions have no value... i forgot :rolleyes:

cause its not like we, go to the cons, buy merchandise or anything

the dancer of spaz
July 30th, 2007, 03:23 PM

I'm just saying...

They warned us that the questions would be screened beforehand. Very sternly. And they said that if fans strayed away from the designated question boundaries, they'd be asked to leave.

Comic Con doesn't have any ulterior motive that would cause them to screen questions unfairly or in a censoring sort of way. But we couldn't rule out the possibility that SciFi/MGM/Fox/whoever placed further restrictions on questions... I guess we'll never know.

I was very close to the stage, and I have to admit that after both panels were over, I felt like the Atlantis one was very awkward (though it could've been because of the incessant pestering for a fifth season pick-up). The SG-1 panel seemed way more relaxed at the time.

But after watching SciFi's vid of the Atlantis panel last night, I guess it wasn't so bad.

parisindy
July 30th, 2007, 03:47 PM
did you see any other cool panels like the supernatural one?

Southern Red
July 30th, 2007, 05:57 PM

Well we did have the convoy of buses full of hecklers all organized, but it broke down outside of Baton Rouge. Last time I checked we had 62 motorcoaches, 49 RV's, 28 minivans, 4 Hummers and a Prius. Since a convoy has to move at the speed of the slowest member, the Prius held us up a lot. Then one of the minivans blew a tire and that was that...busted flat in Baton Rouge. ;)

They warned us that the questions would be screened beforehand. Very sternly. And they said that if fans strayed away from the designated question boundaries, they'd be asked to leave.

Comic Con doesn't have any ulterior motive that would cause them to screen questions unfairly or in a censoring sort of way. But we couldn't rule out the possibility that SciFi/MGM/Fox/whoever placed further restrictions on questions... I guess we'll never know.

I was very close to the stage, and I have to admit that after both panels were over, I felt like the Atlantis one was very awkward (though it could've been because of the incessant pestering for a fifth season pick-up). The SG-1 panel seemed way more relaxed at the time.

But after watching SciFi's vid of the Atlantis panel last night, I guess it wasn't so bad.

Thank you. Thank you very much. ;);)

parisindy
July 30th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Well we did have the convoy of buses full of hecklers all organized, but it broke down outside of Baton Rouge. Last time I checked we had 62 motorcoaches, 49 RV's, 28 minivans, 4 Hummers and a Prius. Since a convoy has to move at the speed of the slowest member, the Prius held us up a lot. Then one of the minivans blew a tire and that was that...busted flat in Baton Rouge. ;)

:lol: http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/mercurys_winter/icon_roflmao.gif

oh yes that needs a green!...but they won't let me! oh the injustice!

*mental green!*

hehe darnit i need a tissue now hehehehe

mcbarr
July 30th, 2007, 07:14 PM

Sabotage? Hmm, no wonder there were empty seats at the con according to some reports. :p

Celcool
July 30th, 2007, 11:12 PM
*facepalm*

Okay, I'm oficcially living under the rock in some God forsaken part of the milky way!! WTF?!? This is just too much! If they are screening questions from con audience they must be desperate to get coug *theri* cough message through, and not what fans want to know.

OMG, this is even better than "watch our show, help our ratings".

*bursts into laughter*
They're so pathetic, aren't they? ROTFLMAO To think all that might have started here when some of our antis have been joking of posing certain question at the con here in this thread and then some TPTB suck-up warned Mallozzi on his blog. lol Maybe that's why he arranged the screening of the questions. Hilarious!

Thanks for the info. Sounds fun... NOT. Last year's ComicCon was like a total opposite, so relaxed, fun, no censoring, there were actually several Atlantis cast member present. ;) Oh, the good old days of Atlantis.

LOL You forgot to pronounce it with the Southern accent. :D

Sabotage? Hmm, no wonder there were empty seats at the con according to some reports. :p
The antis couldn't make it. lol Even if they did, Mallozzi would stop them at the door. No entrance. ;)

Anuna
July 31st, 2007, 02:04 AM

Dear, what do you need Dr Phil for when you have me here to help you connect with your inner SGA fandomanger?! :P

*snicker* sorry but that was funny hehe

amen ... its not like i want to be an anti... except that i am glad that i got to meet you guys. But i would love to still be squeeing and i would be if tptb didn't muck around with our show

well i don't know about over ruling but one has to at least realize their is a problem when there is a large faction of anti's..... anti's have always existed but the sheer growth in numbers you would think would be a red flag... but oh yeah thats right... fan's opinions have no value... i forgot :rolleyes:

It was meant to be funny. And evilish too. :P

I wish there was no need to feel so anti these days. I wish there were things to look forward too, but NOOOOO.... "this show is not made for fans, fan oppinions don't matter, we made our *creative* decisions and your little letter campaigns can't change things..." yadda yadda yadda.... We are buying merchendise (actually that's what they expect us to do)!! And TPTB behave like bunch of sale managers - find out what kind of product would sell best and then deliver it. It doesn't matter that the product looks like a Frankenstein now.

Well I ain't buyin' what I don't like, thank yeeew. *is pretending to be from South*

crazylizzie
July 31st, 2007, 05:13 AM

ROTFL!!! oh dear... I just snorted coffee in front my coworkers... I would green, but I cant yet... so green!! :D

the dancer of spaz
July 31st, 2007, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the info. Sounds fun... NOT. Last year's ComicCon was like a total opposite, so relaxed, fun, no censoring, there were actually several Atlantis cast member present. ;) Oh, the good old days of Atlantis.

Well, it all depends on your definition of fun. I was certainly entertained - but then again, I like all of the actors, so it's not a problem for me.

I was pretty disappointed that Claudia Black, Rachel Luttrell and Jason Momoa didn't show up (unlike Shanks, they were not scheduled to attend). However, now that it's been made clear that all three actors are either expecting or have just had a new baby, it makes sense that they would not be there.

Meh. I suppose people are going to read into things what they want... Oh well. That was my take on it anyway.

Celcool
July 31st, 2007, 06:18 AM
Well, it all depends on your definition of fun. I was certainly entertained - but then again, I like all of the actors, so it's not a problem for me.

I was pretty disappointed that Claudia Black, Rachel Luttrell and Jason Momoa didn't show up (unlike Shanks, they were not scheduled to attend). However, now that it's been made clear that all three actors are either expecting or have just had a new baby, it makes sense that they would not be there.

Meh. I suppose people are going to read into things what they want... Oh well. That was my take on it anyway.
The way you described it in your post, your tone of it, led me to believe it wasn't all you expected it to be. I find it a huge shame that only one of the original SGA actors attended the con.

Could you explain how exactly they were incessantly pestering for a fifth season pick-up?

the dancer of spaz
July 31st, 2007, 07:37 AM
The way you described it in your post, your tone of it, led me to believe it wasn't all you expected it to be. I find it a huge shame that only one of the original SGA actors attended the con.

Could you explain how exactly they were incessantly pestering for a fifth season pick-up?

I did think it was awkward at first, but overall it was entertaining - definitely worth the wait. All of the actors who appeared were funny in some way, whether it was JF's account of his son sticking things up his nose to get to sleep; AT's story of how Martin Wood is a directing hog ("Every time an actor directs, a kitten dies"); JS' honesty about being so close to the Firefly cast; DH's spoilery leak of how there's going to be a romantic relationship between him and Joe Mallozzi... I thought it was fun, even if everyone did seem to be a bit wary of how to answer some of the questions.

Joe Mallozzi and Robert Cooper mentioned at least two or three times between them that they could expand on certain arcs as long as they get "that fifth season pick-up." Everyone would look expectantly at Nora O'Brien of SciFi, and the awkward silence would ensue for a bit.

Really, it just seemed to me that Jewel Staite and Amanda Tapping were very aware that they were quite possibly walking into a minefield of hostility with fans, and so seemed rather subdued at first. It's my understanding that Joe Flanigan tends to be subdued on his own anyway; and David Hewlett was his normal, kooky self.

All in all, I think online fans are more likely to be aware of any potential unrest simply because we know more than the average fan. I doubt very highly that the 4000+ people in attendance knew as much about the show as we do.

Celcool
July 31st, 2007, 09:16 AM
the dancer of spaz, thx for telling us a bit more about it.

I wish Joe Mallozzi and Robert Cooper would think of fans a bit more and not only of the season 5 pick-up, that is connected in a way, isn't it? ;) Fans watch the show or they don't, is it still like that? Or the fans don't matter anymore.. not sure anymore. LOL That kind of desperation was never shown so openly, was it?

Falcon Horus
July 31st, 2007, 11:23 AM

GREEN!!! I couldn't agree more.

ROTFLMAO!!!

PG15
July 31st, 2007, 12:41 PM
*sigh*

What does Mallozzi have anything to do with the censoring? Why make him the scapegoat again? This feeling of personal vendetta that I'm getting from some of you is disturbing.

If you ask me, it's probably Comic Con themselves; it doesn't take a genius to figure out that fans are unpredictable with their questions and demands.

the dancer of spaz
July 31st, 2007, 12:46 PM
*sigh*

What does Mallozzi have anything to do with the censoring? Why make him the scapegoat again?

If you ask me, it's probably Comic Con themselves; it doesn't take a genius to figure out that fans are unpredictable with their questions and demands.

Undoubtedly, yes.

There were stars who've attended Comic Con who are (no offense) waaay bigger than the SG casts. I doubt they'd enforce a rule on the SG panel that they would not enforce on any other of the bigger and more popular panels at the convention.

As others have said on other threads, the awkwardness probably came from the fact that Nora O'Brien (as nice as she seems to be) was on the panel. It probably didn't help that the Stargate franchise seems to be caught in this really bizarre limbo between MGM, SciFi and Fox. It's gotta be weird for the actors in many ways. :mckay: I don't envy them.

parisindy
July 31st, 2007, 02:01 PM
I was at comic con in 2004

i went to many panels including the stargate ones... even asked chris and micheal questions about being in andromeda

there was no screening at any of the panels that i went to that i can remember

there was a guy standing by the mic, i think just to keep control of when the questions started and stopped, and in case someone freaked out and swore or something

but truly the fans were the censors... at the firefly one i went (and oi i don't like that show) whenever someone asked joss a question about buffy they got booed it was quite funny ... but there no other controls in place no warnings before hand etc...

MS was so hung over and he and chris answered my question..sort of hehe they were funny.

i think the censors is a new thing..at least since i went and you got to wonder why?

if it was only for stargate ( i don't know one way or another) then tptb are worried.

AS for why joe should be the scape goat because he treats the fans badly imho and his blog is nothing but trouble... i avoid it like the plague for that reason. He is part of why i won't be supporting season 4. I don't like how he handles things.

and FH (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

mcbarr
July 31st, 2007, 06:50 PM
As others have said on other threads, the awkwardness probably came from the fact that Nora O'Brien (as nice as she seems to be) was on the panel. It probably didn't help that the Stargate franchise seems to be caught in this really bizarre limbo between MGM, SciFi and Fox. It's gotta be weird for the actors in many ways. :mckay: I don't envy them.

And TPTB. They're part of the problem too. ;)

PG15
July 31st, 2007, 07:15 PM
Uh huh...how? :p

parisindy
July 31st, 2007, 07:47 PM
five more posts to 2000

*readies party hates and horns*

PG15
July 31st, 2007, 07:56 PM
Funny. :D

I'm talking about the "hate" typo

mcbarr
July 31st, 2007, 08:10 PM
Uh huh...how? :p

By ditching half the original cast? If you were one of the actors (two of them not included for obvious reasons), wouldn't you feel awkward about them as well? See, if it's not MGM/Sci Fi/Fox, it's them. Sooner or later, you get crushed.

Flowerbud
July 31st, 2007, 09:39 PM
Hi everyone,
I've decided to mail a letter to the different PTB. I want to make it concise, coherent, and passionate and not too long. I would appreciate any suggestions on what points to emphasize.

Maybe we could each write a quick letter or a post card expressing our greivances with Cooper and Wright. It would have more impact.

Anyways, this anger about their misogny has been boiling in me for a long time and it's about time SciFi recognized that they are pissing off a lot of women in their audience. I think writing this letter will finally let me say goodbye to Stargate and hopefully, SciFi could try some new producers/writers. I'm sure that there are a lot of hungry, creative people waiting at the door. Maybe the next Joss Whedon.

Thanks in advance for your help.

parisindy
July 31st, 2007, 09:50 PM
Alright i'll do it!

2000~!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/Dancingnanners.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/Dancingnanners.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/sausagedance.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/disco_ball_md_clr.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/dancegp.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/firework1.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/champagne_glasses_confetti_md_wht.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/grouphugcool.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/sign2.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/sign3.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/sign4.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/candle.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/tealc-pancarte04.gif

By ditching half the original cast? If you were one of the actors (two of them not included for obvious reasons), wouldn't you feel awkward about them as well? See, if it's not MGM/Sci Fi/Fox, it's them. Sooner or later, you get crushed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/tealc-pancarte04.gif

Hi everyone,
I've decided to mail a letter to the different PTB. I want to make it concise, coherent, and passionate and not too long. I would appreciate any suggestions on what points to emphasize.

Maybe we could each write a quick letter or a post card expressing our greivances with Cooper and Wright. It would have more impact.

Anyways, this anger about their misogny has been boiling in me for a long time and it's about time SciFi recognized that they are pissing off a lot of women in their audience. I think writing this letter will finally let me say goodbye to Stargate and hopefully, SciFi could try some new producers/writers. I'm sure that there are a lot of hungry, creative people waiting at the door. Maybe the next Joss Whedon.

Thanks in advance for your help.

i'm in..

and the next kripke!

mcbarr
August 1st, 2007, 03:42 AM
Congratulations to all Antis and sympathizers for being shrill and ill-informed 2000 freaking times!

Green for everyone! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/sign2.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/sign3.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/sign4.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/candle.gif

Amen.

Alexandra
August 1st, 2007, 03:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/sign2.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/sign3.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/sign4.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/candle.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/parisindy/Smilies/tealc-pancarte04.gif

RIGHT!

Happy 2000 to you all!