Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
    To me, season 4 of Atlantis has turned into what season 9 & 10 of SG-1 was. Season 9 & 10, IMO, had too many cast changes, so much so, I felt they should've renamed the show (which I know they tried to do, right?). And I'm getting the same feeling with Atlantis. So no, I won't be watching season 4.
    I get the same vibe. They want to make it a whole new show but under the old name. One would figure they would have learned thier lesson with SG-1.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
      To me, season 4 of Atlantis has turned into what season 9 & 10 of SG-1 was. Season 9 & 10, IMO, had too many cast changes, so much so, I felt they should've renamed the show (which I know they tried to do, right?). And I'm getting the same feeling with Atlantis. So no, I won't be watching season 4.
      The difference between changing characters in SG1 and SGA, is that RDA and Don Davis both wanted to leave SG1. RDA to spend time with his young daughter and Don Davis moved to Europe. TPTB wanted to change the name of the show, and its focus at that time (a smart move), but that got shot down by the "suits" that know it all. I like the new characters on SG1 and think the writers have been able to incorporate them well. Season 10 especially has been quite good, better than SGA, IMO.

SGA, on the other hand, had characters (all of them) who have never been fully developed and actors who wanted to stay. The "kill off" is being done for shock value only, not to progress any story arc, or to accommodate an actor who wants to leave. Good grief - death by exploding tumor? That has to be the worst bit of nonsense I've ever seen!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
        This thread makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Yeah, literally.
        awwwww ((hugs))

hope its not just cause you ate a wool sock
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
          The difference between changing characters in SG1 and SGA, is that RDA and Don Davis both wanted to leave SG1. RDA to spend time with his young daughter and Don Davis moved to Europe. TPTB wanted to change the name of the show, and its focus at that time (a smart move), but that got shot down by the "suits" that know it all. I like the new characters on SG1 and think the writers have been able to incorporate them well. Season 10 especially has been quite good, better than SGA, IMO.

SGA, on the other hand, had characters (all of them) who have never been fully developed and actors who wanted to stay. The "kill off" is being done for shock value only, not to progress any story arc, or to accommodate an actor who wants to leave.
          Excellent post! Couldn’t agree more... really one of the biggest if not the main reason I’m not watching season 4 is that I feel that TPTB were actually not fair to Paul and Torri, and rainbow (think just how cool rainbow and ronan would have been... lol imagine them torturing poor shep hehe) ...all whom I thought were excellent representatives’ of the show.. simply because of their enthusiasm and love for Atlantis ...

i can't support their miss treatment..it was sad with rainbow..not torri and paul...

sure torri is reoccurring but then again so is rainbow i think
          Last edited by parisindy; 15 February 2007, 02:58 PM.
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Hello there

I've been reading this forum for a while now and just decided to post...

I'm against season 4... I agree with everything that was said here and I just wanted to highlight the fact that it's not the cast that needs to be changed but TPTB...

I found a website not long ago, two girls who are making it to the film industry in Vancouver, they're writers and directors and they did write some Atlantis episodes (to use as spec script to give to other shows I guess) ... there are 5 of them... two are Weir centered and the other are TEAM centered...

check it out... TPTB should look out there

www.brokenartists.com/scripts
            Last edited by It_once_was_a_good_show; 15 February 2007, 10:01 PM.

Comment

A reminder, this is a thread to discuss why you DON'T want season 4 - if you don't agree take it elsewhere.

Comment

thank you

since the atlantis i know an love is over.. i was thinking... how should it have ended...

if you were writing the last episode of atlantis how would you have liked to have seen it go out?
                Spoiler:

Comment

where did everyone go?
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                    This thread makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Yeah, literally.
                    Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                    awwwww ((hugs))

hope its not just cause you ate a wool sock
                    Or because you have a fungal lung infection.

I'm not strictly anti-s4, but I do have severe misgivings with all the changes. Maybe they'll end up just fine, maybe it'll be a repeat of SG1 s9...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      Or because you have a fungal lung infection.
                      hehe

i'm just glad not to be alone... i love atlantis.. just can't watch season 4 after what they did in sunday and first strike...

but i did love the first 3 seasons..

i just want a place to hangout and talk about the first three seasons without the constant talk and cheering for season 4... i was hoping this thread might be the place but its gone a bit quiet
                      Last edited by parisindy; 17 February 2007, 09:47 PM.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love SGA and I have loved, on the whole, seasons 1-3... and I make criticism, as most of us do, only because I have loved it so much and want to see it last for 10 seasons! However, something is most definitely missing for me... and I'm not just talking Carson! Picking up on a few things posted before...

Originally posted by J. Stone View Post
                        5. No main bad guy to speak of. What we have are the Wraith. The show needs one (or a group) of clear cut, identifiable people/person to give the team a target to shoot for. Literally.
                        Yeeesss!!!

6. A better more defined storyline to follow. What is the purpose of this expedition? Is it to defend Earth from the Wraith or to explore Atlantis for some really cool stuff? Or both?
                        One of my biggest gripes! There just isn't a major underlying thread carrying me through SGA... when there blimin' well should be and there are plenty of things that could be!!! There have been many stand alone episodes (great as they often are!), or arcs that don't really go anywhere... I've said it several times elsewhere... fingers in too many adversary-pies!!! Main enemy? Where? Who? A main enemy is ESSENTIAL!!! The Wraith story line has just fizzled... when it should have progressed massively by now!!!

Why are there TWO aliens on the First Team? When Teal'c joined the SGC he wanted to help Earth defeat the Goa'uld thus saving and freeing his people. Tayla wants to help, but why? Its the right thing to do? Not much real incentive. Why is Ronon on the team? Because he was homeless? Well hell, we have a truckload of homeless people here on Earth that would love the job. Ronon is skilled, but we have soldiers in the military that are equally as skilled. Put one of them on the team. Or better yet, dump Teyla and put a sexy Earth girl in her place.
                        YES! As much as I wouldn't want either of them to be replaced or killed in some random tumour related explosion... they seemingly have no REASON to be there when they SHOULD have. The writers haven't taken them anywhere. Ok, Ronon had Sateda, which was a great ep... but Teyla? Squat! SQUAT!!! ARGHHH!!!!!!

What HAS consistently been carrying me through the seasons has been the main characters and how they interact with each other. It's often wonderfully done... and I have grown to love the cast and their characters. Now that the direction of the show in terms of underlying plot and lack of defining 'mission statement' is, for me, just floundering even more, messing with the wonderful SGA team is really stubbing out one of my main reasons for watching. Killing off Beckett to 'shake things up' is not, in my humble book, how they should have gone about it. Get a damn MAIN enemy... DEVELOP them well... FILL OUT some of the more weakly developed characters and involve them instead of having them wallpaper the set... and please substantiate why the Atlantis expedition is THERE!!! It's ATLANTIS... soooooo FULL of history that is being ignored. Damn it, if it would make them focus on Atlantis itself then by all means bring over Daniel to get them kick started!!! I'm sure he'd have his best "Guide to Ancient Atlantean Exploration" with him, whereas everyone else seems to have left their copy at home!!!!!!!

And finally will TPTB allow the 90% of people who don't think Carson should have been booted, to jump into Janus's time-travelling puddle-jumper and return to pre-Sunday Atlantis so they can find some other bloody way to 'shake things up'!!!!!!!!!

/rant *dumps her SGA dvd in frustration and picks up Enterprise instead*

*squirms at ominous feeling after remembering Enterprise was needlessly cancelled at season 4*

*sob*
                        Last edited by Diesel Vanilla; 18 February 2007, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Vanilla View Post

And finally will TPTB allow the 90% of people who don't think Carson should have been booted, to jump into Janus's time-travelling puddle-jumper and return to pre-Sunday Atlantis so they can find some other bloody way to 'shake things up'!!!!!!!!!
                          *cheers loudly*

awww sorry kiddo i know how sad you feel... this so sucks ((hugs))
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I am not against season 4 but since the pros have one I'll create one for the antis as well.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              I am not against season 4 but since the pros have one I'll create one for the antis as well.
                              actually there is already one some where hehe i was just the only one posting in it,,, i think most of the my liked minded people just faded away.

its hard cause i truly do love the first three seasons, thank you for the thread though that was very kind of you

i can't green you at the moment so *mental green*
                              Spoiler:

Comment

I hate the fact that slowly, but surely, my interest in SGA has really begun to cool. My heart is finally catching up with my head. It was easy to say I wouldn't watch after hearing about the changes; actually doing that was something else entirely. LOL. In the last couple of weeks, however, not watching has become . . . okay (shrugs shoulders).

I hate the fact that TPTB created someting pretty good in SGA and then didn't have the ability, or maybe just the courage, to stick with it long term. They seem to be retreating to a creative comfort zone by changing SGA into something that they already know pretty well . . . SG1. I guess that after ten years, they just can't let it go. Neither can many fans for that matter. Too bad for those of us who actually preferred the stepchild, warts and all.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X