Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to me TPTB are making that extra effort to piss off SGA fans. I'm not sure, it sounds like "Stargate Command" all over again. But, hey, maybe some Teyla fans liked the news, who knows?

I was also reading on GW earlier that the "new and improved" SGA will have Earth-based eps next season... So much for the "soft reset", huh?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      It seems to me TPTB are making that extra effort to piss off SGA fans. I'm not sure, it sounds like "Stargate Command" all over again. But, hey, maybe some Teyla fans liked the news, who knows?

I was also reading on GW earlier that the "new and improved" SGA will have Earth-based eps next season... So much for the "soft reset", huh?
      Well, now that SG-1 has been cancelled - Atlantis can go to Earth.

Hmmm .... was SG-1 really cancelled? Me thinks it was really Atlantis.

Comment

Okay:

More development for Teyla - yay!
        More physical stuff/fighting for Teyla - yay!
        New love interest storyline - neutral so far

Pregnant Teyla storyline - scary as hell. There are so many ways it can be written like cliched crud.

I oscillate between excited for more Teyla and scared about what TPTB might do to her.

Comment

Umm....Submersion was meant to be as Teyla ep and Teyla character development.....*LAS* Or maybe it was me who didn't see anything remotedly 'developing'.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            My first thought... "What are we doing in Pegasus again?"
            My second thought... "What show am I watching again?"

On the Teyla-part... well, I'm curious.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
              Well, now that SG-1 has been cancelled - Atlantis can go to Earth.

Hmmm .... was SG-1 really cancelled? Me thinks it was really Atlantis.
              I couldn't have said it better myself!
              sigpic
              Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                My first thought... "What are we doing in Pegasus again?"
                Indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought Atlantis to MW and converted the city into some sort of new SGC with multifaceted Carter in charge.
                sigpic

Comment

Lol, last night I watch Progeny and loved the line where McKay said:
                  Spoiler:
                  "Why don't I go to missions by myself?" or sth to that effect.

Spoiler:
                  Was just thinking about how Carter could run the whole city by herself (with no expedition members in the city), do the exploring, go on missions, fight the Wraith etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                    Umm....Submersion was meant to be as Teyla ep and Teyla character development.....*LAS* Or maybe it was me who didn't see anything remotedly 'developing'.
                    Was that the ep Ken C wrote? Because I think I remember him coming onto GW and saying that the Teyla-centered stuff in that ep was cut. Suck. It's like what happened with Epiphany - that ep was originally touted as having Shep backstory but by the time TPTB got done with the ep it didn't have any...

This is why I have a lot of skepticism whenever TPTB says s4 will be darker or will have more conflict, or this will be a "relationship" episode, or this episode will feature X, etc. etc. Their definitions often end up far, far different than mine.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Was just thinking about how Carter could run the whole city by herself (with no expedition members in the city), do the exploring, go on missions, fight the Wraith etc.....
                      She's so multitalented, isn't she?

*shudder*

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      Was that the ep Ken C wrote? Because I think I remember him coming onto GW and saying that the Teyla-centered stuff in that ep was cut. Suck.
                      Yup, that's the one.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Lol, last night I watch Progeny and loved the line where McKay said:
                        Spoiler:
                        "Why don't I go to missions by myself?" or sth to that effect.

Spoiler:
                        Yeah but who would want to watch that? Oh yeah, probably TPTB and Carter fans, basically the show is being filmed for those two groups only.
                        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                          Yeah but who would want to watch that? Oh yeah, probably TPTB and Carter fans, basically the show is being filmed for those two groups only.
                          Sounds like one group to me. After all,

Spoiler:
                          TPTB = Carter cheerleaders

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            By all the pantheons in the world, NO. If they do that it'll have jumped the shark to such an extend that even divine intervention wouldn't be able to save the show.
                            Signed,

Gregorius
                            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              This is why I have a lot of skepticism whenever TPTB says s4 will be darker or will have more conflict, or this will be a "relationship" episode, or this episode will feature X, etc. etc. Their definitions often end up far, far different than mine.
                              Not only are their definitions different from the general consensus, but even the implementation of their versions of the definitions aren't well thought out. Season two is the prime example of that, especially in the last few episodes where they try to write a darker story arc with some character development. However, the dreadful execution and poorly, if not at all, thought out story with characters that suffer from some sort of bipolar disorder caused people to get annoyed with it.

Their main problem is, in my humble opinion, the lack of some sort of series bible where the main outline of the story is written and the personalities and backgrounds of the main characters are set in stone. Because, how can you start writing a darker story if you don't even know who the characters are and where the story is heading? It's like the entire series has become a headless chicken who's spasms around the slaughterhouse without any concious thought.
                              Signed,

Gregorius
                              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Well, looks like I'm done with this show (spoilers for S4)
                                Spoiler:
                                http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=41999

Flanigan: Atlantis Absorbs Changes

Joe Flanigan, who plays Lt. Co. John Sheppard in SCI FI Channel's original
                                series Stargate Atlantis, told SCI FI Wire that the show's upcoming fourth
                                season will find the cast dramatically changed. The third-season finale of
                                Atlantis airs June 22 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, right after the series finale of Stargate SG-1.

"We lost Paul McGillion [Dr. Carson Beckett], who was a valued member of our
                                team, personally and professionally," Flanigan said in an interview on the
                                show's set in Vancouver, Canada. "We miss him. We have lost Torri Higginson [Dr.
                                Elizabeth Weir]—my God, this sounds like a funeral—who was also a really
                                valued member of our group.

With the departures, there's also a significant addition, Flanigan added.
                                "We've also gained a really valuable member of our group, Amanda [Tapping as
                                Samantha Carter]," he said. "She's a real veteran, a real professional; she
                                knows
                                the genre and can tackle the gobbledy-gook of science fiction dialogue perhaps
                                even better than David [Hewlett, Dr. Rodney McKay], which is hard to do."

Comment

Working...
                                X