Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great post and welcome! Take a sit seat on the anti-couch! Most posters here (myself included) are new to anti threads. We all have different opinions about many things, but we all agree season 4 of Atlantis is heading in the wrong direction. BTW, this is a suck up free zone, so feel free to rant!

Have fun!
    Last edited by mcbarr; 05 June 2007, 04:52 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      Great post and welcome! Take a sit on the anti-couch! Most posters here (myself included) are new to anti threads. We all have different opinions about many things, but we all agree season 4 of Atlantis is heading in the wrong direction. BTW, this is a suck up free zone, so feel free to rant!

Have fun!
      agreed this is my first anti thread

welcome! *hands Koshi come popcorn*
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        What would be your breaking point? By that, I mean, what could they do in S4 to cause you to turn off the TV, walk away, never watch another new episode? Obviously, some of you have already reached that point, and that's fine. But for the ones who haven't... what would push you over the edge?
        If David Hewlett left. Rodney is my biggest draw to Atlantis and if he wasn't there I probably wouldn't have made it through season one. If he leaves at any point in the future I would watch up to his last episode and never look back. This is why I empathize so well with Carson and Weir fans who are through watching when their favorite character has left or is severely diminished.

That may make me more of a McKay fan than an Atlantis fan, but alas TPTB haven't provided much else to draw me to the show. Most of the other characters are barely developed to really interest me and/or I'm not all that interested in what TPTB have given us so far. Episodes run hot and cold in terms of quality. Sometimes there's a decent streak...and then we get stuff like Irresponsible. And there's always the looming shadow of SG1, and while I liked the parent show until season 9 I'd kinda like to see some more originality with Atlantis.

So I feel more of a tie with certain elements of the show rather than the show overall, therefore if those elements were to leave then I wouldn't feel guilty changing the channel.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          If David Hewlett left. Rodney is my biggest draw to Atlantis and if he wasn't there I probably wouldn't have made it through season one. If he leaves at any point in the future I would watch up to his last episode and never look back. This is why I empathize so well with Carson and Weir fans who are through watching when their favorite character has left or is severely diminished.
          I totally agree. That's such a major one I can't believe I didn't list it. *head smack* Yes, if DH left, I would be gone as well. Probably gone if JF left. I love all the characters, but those are the only two that are critical for me. I would hurt badly if they killed anyone else off, but probably wouldn't quit watching.
          Last edited by Killdeer; 05 June 2007, 07:23 AM.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

That may make me more of a McKay fan than an Atlantis fan, but alas TPTB haven't provided much else to draw me to the show. Most of the other characters are barely developed to really interest me and/or I'm not all that interested in what TPTB have given us so far. Episodes run hot and cold in terms of quality. Sometimes there's a decent streak...and then we get stuff like Irresponsible. And there's always the looming shadow of SG1, and while I liked the parent show until season 9 I'd kinda like to see some more originality with Atlantis.

So I feel more of a tie with certain elements of the show rather than the show overall, therefore if those elements were to leave then I wouldn't feel guilty changing the channel.
            thats me to, with a hefty dose of:

carter becomes the centre of the atlantis crew and the majority of eps revolve around her golden halo.
            the team revert back to the calousness of the pegasus project.
            season 4 revolves around another singular character i.e teyla or shippyness between two characters is threaded through more than a couple of eps. i could just about stomch 2 eps of atlantis 90210. but no more than that.

i want team eps with a singular ep per character on top. not an 8 part arc about one or two people - yes i'm kinda hung up on that....
            sigpic
            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
              carter becomes the centre of the atlantis crew and the majority of eps revolve around her golden halo.
              The Seer spoiler:

Spoiler:
              Davos [the Seer] has shared a vision with Carter and she must deal with the possibility of what this vision has revealed. She admits that it was pretty hard to misinterpret — the future of the galaxy rests on the actions of but a few — the people of Atlantis. And she is the one who must decide on what actions to take at the “crossroad”.

Source

If that is confirmed, I'd say SGA will be very Carter-centric from now on.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, of course it will be. Didn't you know, they're relocating the people to the Alpha site as we speak. Carter requested to have the city to herself.

[snark]
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The Seer spoiler:

Spoiler:
                  Davos [the Seer] has shared a vision with Carter and she must deal with the possibility of what this vision has revealed. She admits that it was pretty hard to misinterpret — the future of the galaxy rests on the actions of but a few — the people of Atlantis. And she is the one who must decide on what actions to take at the “crossroad”.

Source

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Well, of course it will be. Didn't you know, they're relocating the people to the Alpha site as we speak. Carter requested to have the city to herself.

[snark]
                  *snicker*
                  Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

I'm waaaaay past my breaking point and no use explaning why.

There's always room on the couch for everyone!!

Awwww, adorable! What a great member of the anti-bunch.

Great post and welcome! Take a sit seat on the anti-couch! Most posters here (myself included) are new to anti threads. We all have different opinions about many things, but we all agree season 4 of Atlantis is heading in the wrong direction. BTW, this is a suck up free zone, so feel free to rant!

Have fun!
                    Haha, sure is!
                    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

*sits on the anti-couch*

Crap! I want my fav show back!

*leaves the anti-couch*

sigpic

Comment

(Plopping down on the couch . . .) I'm in a masochistic mood tonight, so I read some of the other threads.

I really want someone to explain to me how adding Carter to SGA is going to improve anything.

SG1 is apparently suffering from inconsistent and falling ratings; maybe its simply viewer fatigue . . . maybe its something else. But that begs the question - why does anyone assume that fans will flock to watch Carter on SGA when they apparently don't care enough to watch her on her own show.

Does this all sound as *ss backwards as I think it does? I don't know if I'm making any sense. Better yet, I'm not sure why I still care. LOL.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that the real issue for many fans boils down to SGA just not being "SG1-enough". Because SGA did not strictly adhere to the "been there, done that" formula set up on SG1, there was something basically wrong with it that required fixing. Therefore, the show and anything that made in different had to be beaten into submission.

Doesn't leave much room for those of us who liked SGA as it was, and didn't particularly care if it didn't fit pre-conceived notions. It's kind of sad.
                        sigpic

Comment

good post!

*okay weird my smilie is stuck hehe its suppose to be clapping*
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                            (Plopping down on the couch . . .) I'm in a masochistic mood tonight, so I read some of the other threads.

I really want someone to explain to me how adding Carter to SGA is going to improve anything.

SG1 is apparently suffering from inconsistent and falling ratings; maybe its simply viewer fatigue . . . maybe its something else. But that begs the question - why does anyone assume that fans will flock to watch Carter on SGA when they apparently don't care enough to watch her on her own show.

Does this all sound as *ss backwards as I think it does? I don't know if I'm making any sense. Better yet, I'm not sure why I still care. LOL.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that the real issue for many fans boils down to SGA just not being "SG1-enough". Because SGA did not strictly adhere to the "been there, done that" formula set up on SG1, there was something basically wrong with it that required fixing. Therefore, the show and anything that made in different had to be beaten into submission.

Doesn't leave much room for those of us who liked SGA as it was, and didn't particularly care if it didn't fit pre-conceived notions. It's kind of sad.
                            great post

those were the thoughts rattling around in my head that i couldn't pull out.
                            sigpic
                            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                              We are Borg! And I also don't know why I still care. Maybe it's those three years invested in SGA talking...
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't really care for the show as much as for Torri and the wonderful character she helped create, Elizabeth. If everybody pro-Elizabeth would leave then it would seem like nobody cares for her anymore.
                                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Working...
                                X