Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    As much as I am not happy about the cast changes I have to say something. I like Jewel Staite. And yes, I know, she is too young for playing doctor and all. But we haven´t seen her yet. Only two minutes in First Strike. I don´t want to doom some character or actress only because she came instead of someone. Look at McKay and Zelenka. They work perfectly next to each other, so why couldn´t Carson and Keller? I know, it´s very rare that it can work so good like at McKay and Zelenka, but who knows?

I know, anti-thread, this is just one positive thing for me. Look who came instead of Weir It is the reason why to be angry, we know Carter and we know that her character is useless after 10 years. But it´s for another discussion in another thread.
    Sorry for interupting, keep complaining
    i posted my reasons of disliking keller above i won't restate them
    you are allowed to have your opinion and i respect it even if i don't agree with it. thank you for sharing it.

i still hope the show gets cancelled
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      ack true enough... i was happy for about 10 seconds there hehe
      there were some rumours i think about paul coming back more for season 5, but i think atlantis will never see season 5

Sorry if I gave you a false sense of hope, but I guess 10 seconds of happiness is better than nothing.

BTW, since "Sunday" is on next week, last night's "The Ark" was my last first-run SGA episode. I'm boycotting the rest of the series on principle (doesn't that sound pathetic and self-important), but sometimes you have to make the tough choices. LOL. Although . . . The Ark was pretty blah so it isn't really that tough a choice.

Actually, I've "unofficially" seen much of the rest of the season (except Vengeance) and I would have watched again, but the outcome of "Sunday" is just wrong and so, the line in the sand has been drawn.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
        Sorry if I gave you a false sense of hope, but I guess 10 seconds of happiness is better than nothing.

BTW, since "Sunday" is on next week, last night's "The Ark" was my last first-run SGA episode. I'm boycotting the rest of the series on principle (doesn't that sound pathetic and self-important), but sometimes you have to make the tough choices. LOL. Although . . . The Ark was pretty blah so it isn't really that tough a choice.

Actually, I've "unofficially" seen much of the rest of the season (except Vengeance) and I would have watched again, but the outcome of "Sunday" is just wrong and so, the line in the sand has been drawn.
        welcome to my side of the line hehehe

ah yes and the 10 secs..it was fun while it lasted hehe
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
          As much as I am not happy about the cast changes I have to say something. I like Jewel Staite. And yes, I know, she is too young for playing doctor and all. But we haven´t seen her yet. Only two minutes in First Strike. I don´t want to doom some character or actress only because she came instead of someone. Look at McKay and Zelenka. They work perfectly next to each other, so why couldn´t Carson and Keller? I know, it´s very rare that it can work so good like at McKay and Zelenka, but who knows?

I know, anti-thread, this is just one positive thing for me. Look who came instead of Weir It is the reason why to be angry, we know Carter and we know that her character is useless after 10 years. But it´s for another discussion in another thread.
          Sorry for interupting, keep complaining
          You have every right to state your opinion . . . not everybody hates everything that slated to happen in Sunday and beyond. People have various reasons for being anti-season 3.5 going on 4.

Personally, I have nothing against Keller except that she is replacing one of my favorite characters. I never watched Firefly, so I have no opinion about the actress. However, I think some viewers feel she is being added to the cast only to appeal to all the male teenagers that TPTB seem to think make up the majority of their audience. Those of us who aren't teenagers or male or any combination thereof feel like we're being "dissed" big time. LOL. Not to mention, a good actor playing a very likeable character got axed.
          Last edited by nowvoyager908; 19 May 2007, 01:06 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

You have every right to state your opinion . . . not everybody hates everything that slated to happen in Sunday and beyond. People have various reasons for being anti-season 3.5 going on 4.

Personally, I have nothing against Keller except that she is replacing one of my favorite characters. I never watched Firefly, so I have no opinion about the actress. However, I think some viewers feel she is being added to the cast only to appeal to all the male teenagers that TPTB seem to think make up the majority of their audience. Those of us who aren't teenagers or male or any combination thereof feel like we're being "dissed" big time. LOL. Not to mention, a good actor playing a very likeable character got axed.
            agreed! On all points except i did not enjoy her in firefly or as ellia

i do my best to respect others opinions.. i don't always succeed but i do try. I just wish others did the same
            Spoiler:

Comment

agreed! On all points except i did not enjoy her in firefly or as ellia

i do my best to respect others opinions.. i don't always succeed but i do try. I just wish others did the same

LOL. Yeah, I think we're pretty laid back in this thread . . . angry and disappointed, but laid back nonetheless. Unfortunately, out there in other GW threads its a different story - you're allowed to voice your opinion as long as you agree with everybody else. Kind of like the GW version of the Stepford wives.
              sigpic

Comment

LOL. Yeah, I think we're pretty laid back in this thread . . . angry and disappointed, but laid back nonetheless. Unfortunately, out there in other GW threads its a different story - you're allowed to voice your opinion as long as you agree with everybody else. Kind of like the GW version of the Stepford wives.
                Oh man ain't that the truth in everyway
                Spoiler:

Comment

Hey guys, I broke a promise to myself and walked head first into the "them against us" wars. Its getting really ugly out there. You need to keep a hard hat and combat boots handy, just in case. I once said that posting about SGA was more enjoyable than actually watching. Well those heady days of innocence are over. LOL.

There are some posters advocating peace and a healthy debate, and I hope they're successful in changing the tone of the discussion. But I have my doubts because sides have formed and they seem pretty entrenched. As I posted earlier, we're pretty laid back in here despite being angry or disappointed about various changes slated for season 4. But this is the exception and not the norm. Very sad.

End of rant.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, I broke a promise to myself and walked head first into the "them against us" wars. Its getting really ugly out there. You need to keep a hard hat and combat boots handy, just in case. I once said that posting about SGA was more enjoyable than actually watching. Well those heady days of innocence are over. LOL.

There are some posters advocating peace and a healthy debate, and I hope they're successful in changing the tone of the discussion. But I have my doubts because sides have formed and they seem pretty entrenched. As I posted earlier, we're pretty laid back in here despite being angry or disappointed about various changes slated for season 4. But this is the exception and not the norm. Very sad.

End of rant.
                    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))
                    Spoiler:

Comment

*waves to the anti-people* Hello! I hope the love in other threads isn't getting you all down.

I watched the Ark again. I still liked it, somewhat phony miracle-ending aside; there were some nice Teyla moments. I was feeling happy.

And then I remembered they didn't hire Ken Cuperus back for Season 4.

So I sighed, and decided next time I would rewatch a bsg episode with Romo Lampkin in it instead.

(Lovely RL icon by Myn MacGeek.)

Comment

Originally posted by jerkface View Post
                        *waves to the anti-people* Hello! I hope the love in other threads isn't getting you all down.
                        Me too! Cause if this is some sort of plot to kill this thread, it won't work. The only way to put an end to the altercation is if TPTB themselves hint they plan to reverse some controversial decisions in the near future. If not, we will still be here complaining, they will still be there sucking up, and some fights will still break out every so often.

Just my pessimistic view.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nah, JF is almost one of us.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                            Nah, JF is almost one of us.
                            yup agreed

and the 'war' as it is now being called does get me down

i am tired of people assuming my evil intent...

i'm pretty sure i'm not evil...gads i am a vegitarian i can'e be evil can i?

wait don't answer that
                            Spoiler:

Comment

yup agreed

and the 'war' as it is now being called does get me down

i am tired of people assuming my evil intent...

i'm pretty sure i'm not evil...gads i am a vegitarian i can'e be evil can i?

wait don't answer that
                              well to check if your an evil mastermind or not? ill need you to answer some basic questions.

1/ do you own a fluffy white persian cat - known as muffy

2/ do you have minions to do your bidding - preferably dressed in nija outfits

3/ do you twirl a black moustache - or brandish long black fingernails

4/ have you a plan in place to take over fandom ? if not why the hell not, your meant to be the evil one here...

if you answered yes to the above im afraid you need to book some air time on jerry springer.

sorry couldnt resist that lol!
                              sigpic
                              banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

LOL! What happened to the post before "JF is almost one of us"? Deleted? Cause people will think I'm talking to myself or something. Evil and crazy... Woohoo! (just joking, stclare )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X