Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    In all honesty, all SGA fans will get screwed in the end. What a scam! Our fav show was just SG-1's back up.
    I guess Atlantis is the 'back up singer'? (sorry, couldnt' resist)

S4 is one big SG-1 crossover season anyway. Might as well rename it: Atlantis SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post

S4 is one big SG-1 crossover season anyway. Might as well rename it: Atlantis SG-1

All those SG1 fans who are sad about that show's end shouldn't be too concerned, they'll get their season 11 afterall . . . it'll just be called Stargate Atlantis.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
        Well, I was thinking in terms of computers: "to duplicate (a file or a program ) as a precaution against failure" (Source: Dictionary.com). But there you go... Back up singer! LOL

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
        All those SG1 fans who are sad about that show's end shouldn't be too concerned, they'll get their season 11 afterall . . . it'll just be called Stargate Atlantis.
        You're right! This whole mess started with the Save SG-1 campaign. It seems some people took that as a blank check to frak up Atlantis. If you ask me, they should go ahead and change the name of the show once and for all. How about SCA (Samantha Carter's Atlantis)? Keeping SGA is just too misleading, really.
        sigpic

Comment

couldn't agree more and what is really a horroble thing is that then not only killed and cut our characters the ones that remain (so i feel after first strike) are so out of character that they are practically new, well okay thats not 100% true but i can see it happening the hints were certainly there
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Oh God thats damn funny

Actualy no it isnt, infact its pretty damn accurate and depressing
            sigpic
            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
              That's very funny!
              Last edited by mcbarr; 16 May 2007, 07:36 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

I think that authors just even can´t imagine that not all are ecxited about SG1. I know people who have never watched SG1, and started with SGA, bc it was independent in S1. One my friend, when she saw Carter in Letters from Pegasus, even didn´t know who she was! After I told her, than she remembered that SG1 had this character. SG1 runs here now after few-year break and people simply came to Atlantis and never cared about SG1.
                And tptb think that "all must love Carter bc she is from SG1". It´s stupid.
                OK, I have to admit, I am not big fan of Weir myself, but she is the original cast, and instead of make some things right in her character, they send her away.
                I don´t want to Carter safe the day. It´s Sheppard´s team work, it´s work of Zelenka and Lorne and all those great characters. Perfect blondie had enough time...and except showing how great scientist, soldier, "person" she is, we saw nothing in her.

I can´t do anything about it. I can only complain and be angry. I am looking forward to S4 bc, yeah "hardcore-fan-who-will-watch-anyway", there are many good news and I have some hopes. I am trying to be optimistic. And I am only "semi-anti-S4" person. I am more like "anti-Carter in S4" person.
                I would maybe even got over Weir leaving, if they put there someone else. Somebody from SGA, Caldwell for example. When they so necessary wanted soldier, they could have give him there. It would be certainly more interesting, more chemistry than now. Or someone completely new. It´s the reason why I can´t say a word agaist Keller. I like Jewel Staite and I am not the person who would hate character just bc he or she came after someone. I can give her a chance. But Carter/Amanda (who never caught me as an actress, no offense) had a chance and wasted it. Or better, authors wasted it. Amanda looks very nice, and she probably is. But Carter is not good character. And in the minute she will be there, it won´t be right. I can´t help myself.

Phew, it´s long post again, sorry. And whole is anti-Carter. And my English isn´t perfect, too. Now I can maybe expect some red points for my constant complaining against Carter. But I am used to say what I think. Which isn´t always good.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Klenotka, say what you like about Carter, fine by me. See you over on the anti-Carter in S4 thread!

I have to agree with the above post and say that what bothers me most about S4 is the presence of Carter. I liked her well enough on SG1 but I've kind of had my fill of Carter (and the rest of SG1). It's nothing personal against the actress or the character, I'd just like to see more development of the SGA characters and I'm afraid TPTB are so much in love with Carter it'll overshadow the rest of the team.
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                    Yay! The Samantha Carter show. How dare you object to that! I guess the shrill and ill-informed lemmings are the actual seers because we saw this cr@p coming from day one despite all the denials and so forth.
                    Lemmings rule!!
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah, the lemmings were never credited for being right all along. I guess I'll upload my lemming ID again...
                      sigpic

Comment

Feels like Atlantis was cancelled not SG-1.
                        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I have sympathy with a great deal of what has been said here. I am a big beckett fan, so I'm not exactly feeling warm and fuzzy about the changes anyway but I thought that since Beckett is going to appear next season I would give it a go and watch the episodes.

So being a complete spoiler freak I decided to find out what was coming up.

Big mistake.

Now this could well just be me but it seems like next season is going to revolve around Teyla and the Athosians (hey - I've got an idea for next year's Eurovision!!!!!) in a big way; so wouldn't it help if you know, the Athosians - and Teyla - were actually interesting? I've always found them sanctimonious and self-righteous and was frankly glad to see the back of them. (In fact I'd go so far as to say that letting some hungry Wraith loose on the Athosians could only improve them).

Comment

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
                            Now this could well just be me but it seems like next season is going to revolve around Teyla and the Athosians (hey - I've got an idea for next year's Eurovision!!!!!) in a big way; so wouldn't it help if you know, the Athosians - and Teyla - were actually interesting? I've always found them sanctimonious and self-righteous and was frankly glad to see the back of them. (In fact I'd go so far as to say that letting some hungry Wraith loose on the Athosians could only improve them).
                            Now, now...you're not going to tell me you think the Asurans are more interesting than the Athosians? Cause I'd have to come over and tell you that Eurovision is all about who has the most friends... Err, I meant I'd much rather see the Athosians back than the Asurans. But to let a Wraith loose on them... ... Charin was such a nice lady. And Halling & Jinto, and his buddy Wex.

And I think Teyla needs a little more screentime, cause the girl has turned into wallpaper and that's no place for a girl to be.

Anyway, onto my complaints again...

Something sprang to mind today, while I was daydreaming (and yes, my boss caught me ... oops)... It's bad enough Carter is going to be on Atlantis, on TV... But I realized not just today, she'll be in fanfic as well then.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

er...can I vote for neither Athosians or Asurans being back?

Anyway further complaint. Everything that has happened so far with regards to next season feels like it's motivated by panic:

SG-1 axed - need to improve SGA figures - I know let's axe that Doc, nobody likes him and bring in unrealistic young female doc, they'll love that

EEK! They don't love that; what can we do now, I know let's axe female leader and oh look, an SG-1 character with nothing to do, what a happy coincidence! She can come in and take over! They'll love that!!

EEEK! They don't love that; what can we do now - I know let's lose some characters we actually got rid of two years ago and then spend the season searching for them; this will make a underused character interesting - oh and let's do some character development for her - how do you develop a female character? Ah! I know........They'll love that!!!!!!!

I just have this image of TBTB in Laurel and Hardy mode, scratching heads as they lurch from one panic to another.

There, I know that was pretty witchy but I've had the day from hell and need to do some venting

Comment

First of all concerning fanfics: No Samantha Carter doesn't have to be in them. Just read AUs and stories that deviate off from season two or three on.

I never looked forward to season four, actually I am not plaing on watching the season at all. I will look how things develop storywise and when I see that things go even more pearshaped then they already are

I haven't read any spoilers so far but I just read
                                Spoiler:
                                that Teyla is supposed to be pregnant. I could live with it when either Ronan is the father or the pregnancy is a bit like the one from Rosmary in "Rosmary's Baby" BUT If the child is from John ....

then I know for sure I won't come back. The news alone that Samantha will lead the expedition from now on and be the big honcho sucks beyond the telling. I also agree that the PTBs don't seem to have the slightest clue on what to do to please us. I think they should stop trying to imitate successful shows and start coming up with a couple of fresh ideas of their own. That would be a good starts. From what I have read so far about season four it sounds to me like they try to imitate Star Trek and go back to old successful concepts. Sorry mates. Wrong move.
                                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X