Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me it sounds like Atlantis should get a new name.

Just like how season 9 and on of SG-1 was going to be a new (renamed) show.

Too many cast changes too quickly.

Comment

Atlantis should now be called

Stargate: SGC Outpost

or

Stargate: SG1 The adventures continues
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

To me it sounds like Atlantis needs not to switch names, but rather showrunners and other PTB. The current ones have proven not to be capable of responsibility of running a series.
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Or they dislike the way the change is executed. *mutters something about "Sunday"*
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Had to jump into this thread. I can't believe they're making so many changes so quickly, well actually I can You think they'd have learnt with SG1 that making so many changes so quickly is a mistake.

IMO I have liked most of season 3 and felt the team (as it is) was coming together nicely and for most eps I've felt that SGA has been much better than SG1 this season. Now it's going to be broken up.

I think bring over Sam for 14 eps is crazy. I do like Sam, I really do and would've been ok with maybe 3-4 eps but not 14. She is an SG1 character not SGA. TPTB are only doing it, I believe, because they think it will guarantee them an audience. Wrong I think, like bringing in CB,BB and Beau Bridges didn't push up the ratings on SG1. And if bringing Sam in is the reason for Weir's reduced role then that makes it worse.

It's also crazy I think bringing in Jewel Staite's character for Carson. As has been pointed about many times she's only 24 and supposed to be a Doctor.

I do think the show will go the way of SG1 and that's sad. Maybe Atlantis will just go to an S5 but only because scifi will want that 100th ep

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Wow ... do the PTB have a clue? :: Silence :: I guess not. They love ruining a good thing don't they. I was hoping what was said about Carson was just a suggestion, but ... are they that hungry for ratings? I think that card should be used once and once only in a franchise. Though I think it shows how desperate or rather how disconnected from the audience they really are.

Then with Weir ... maybe a bit of research is in order. Go and observe someone with similar qualifications as Weir. That might inspire a clue as how to write an intelligent woman. How to find one, open a phone book and look at lawyers, doctors, professors, politicians. At least read a book on Eleanor Roosevelt or Alice Paul. But I guess they don't have the time to do that or they don't care enough to do their homework.
              Last edited by Amanda Eros; 17 January 2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                You know, if I had done anything as drastic as TPTB have done this year, my parents would have accused me of smoking crack. And to which my father would have said that he could cure this by putting his foot in my ass.

To the PTB, are you guys on drugs? Would it help straighten you out if we the fans collectively put our foots in your behinds'?

Seriously, what the heck is going on over there? In two short years we've gone from a stable franchise that can handle changes in stride to taking a face plant into utter chaos!!!! Are they trying to kill SGA?
                Your lucky--if my parents thought I was on crack they would be asking me for my supplier.

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                To me it sounds like Atlantis should get a new name.

Just like how season 9 and on of SG-1 was going to be a new (renamed) show.

Too many cast changes too quickly.

That was my thought exactly after reading all the changes. I fear it turn into a rehash of Stargate Command the failed show.

Perhaps they will rename the series: Atlantis-the new SGC. Or Atlantis-The Continuum, Atlantis-BSG, Atlantis-The Ark of half Truths.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Yes but what's this big change Flanagan spoke of, something that will redefine the show!
                  sigpic

Comment

If you have a problem with my views then just spit it out! Don't wait for the Cavalry to arrive.

Comment

This thread isn't to cause fights or anything
                      its just i wanted place where i could to talk to people about the first 3 seasons

i won't be watching season 4 but i did enjoy the first three.
                      It just not the same with all the changed that were made in Sunday and First Strike

I want to remember the good times.

I want to be able to Squea about the altlantis i love still

my atlantis does not include season 4

anyone want to chat with me?

whats your fav episode of the first three seasons?

whos your fav character?
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I most likely won't be watching season 4 either.

It's hard to choose a favorite episode. There are so many. Poisoning the Well, Before I Sleep - but more current are The Real World and Common Ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                          I most likely won't be watching season 4 either.

It's hard to choose a favorite episode. There are so many. Poisoning the Well, Before I Sleep - but more current are The Real World and Common Ground.
                          i really like Sateda and Common Ground

i also loved the defiant one and 38 minutes.... but agreed poisoning the well was awesome!

good carson moments in that one
                          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                            i really like Sateda and Common Ground

i also loved the defiant one and 38 minutes.... but agreed poisoning the well was awesome!

good carson moments in that one
                            Ooo yes - Sateda! Excellent episode!

Comment

I haven’t decided weather to watch season 4 yet, till I hear more on what’s going on???????????????????

As for favourite episodes. Hide and Seek, The Storm/The Eye, The Siege Trilogy, Inferno, Progeny/The Real World, The Return parts 1 & 2, Sateda and Echoes.

As for favourite character am I aloud three?
                              BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                                I haven’t decided weather to watch season 4 yet, till I hear more on what’s going on???????????????????

As for favourite episodes. Hide and Seek, The Storm/The Eye, The Siege Trilogy, Inferno, Progeny/The Real World, The Return parts 1 & 2, Sateda and Echoes.

As for favourite character am I aloud three?
                                sure you can have more then one

really what i liked about the first three seasons was the entire cast

thats never happened to me before where i loved everyone... usually i just follow one fav characters but with atlantis it was different i really loved everyone and how they worked together
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X