Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
    Do you know I was just going to post asking the same question. I really don't want to see SG-1 stories redone into Atlantis ones. And I hope we don't get Repli!Weir like we had Repli!Carter.
    Please no repli!Weir, I don't want 2 Carters on the show so to speak, one copy and one real. *shudders at the thought* But hey maybe Torri would do a better job at it. *evil laugh*

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
    Well guys, I watched Echoes and lo and behold, it was a pretty good episode. I thought it was much better and more balanced than last week's episode. Unfortunately, every time I see Elizabeth and Carson, I get nostalgic for the good old days. Which is kind of sad, because the good old days are now . . .or at least until "Sunday".

I love episodes which integrate the entire cast. It just makes for a much more enjoyable viewing experience to see everyone play a part. It's obvious that TPTB can do it when the mood strikes them . . . too bad they're not "in the mood" on a more consistent basis.
    Echoes is great! I love Atlantis-based episodes with every one playing a part as you say. Sparkies and Spankies both get something in Carl Binder's episodes. John carrying Elizabeth!

Originally posted by LadyBozi View Post
    Spanky was chosen because Sparky was already into play soo HEY...lets name T/R Spanky.lol Besides... TEYLON? yeah Teylon is what ppl who don't liek 'Spanky' use. =P
    Teylon is funny, not bad.

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    what was thttp://forum.gateworld.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=6589299
    GateWorld Forum - Reply to Topiche moment you knew the show wasn't the one you fell in love with any more?

what was your fav episode?
    If it wasn't with Irresponsible than it certainly happened with Sunday. Everyone seemed like they're not themselves. Elizabeth on a date was adorable to watch but Mike wasn't... I can see no other guy for her other than John really, that's just me. John being married? WTF? Teyla was too stoic in her scenes. Ronon was fine, I felt bad for Carson and the way they killed him was just plain ridiculous, couldn't buy it.

The episodes I love most from S3 are The Real World, Common Ground (Ken Cuperus has done a wonderful job with writing Elizabeth in this ep), Echoes, The Return part 1 was quite good just like Tao of Rodney.
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

what was the moment you knew the show wasn't the one you fell in love with any more?

I've enjoyed most episodes of SGA . . . some were better than others and some were just , but I all in all I kept tuning in (although Irresistible was a close call; didn't watch Sateda or Progeny as a result). I'd have to say that at this point, my favorite would have to be part one of the Return, which I loved so much I bought it from I-Tunes the day after it aired. I just loved all the bonding scenes between the team after they had returned to Earth. The Real Word would be up there also, The Storm/The Eye, Common Ground, Hot Zone. I'm really bad with episode titles, so there are probably some more I can't remember.

The moment I realized my feelings for the show had changed was the moment I heard the news about Elizabeth and Carson. I hate, hate, hate these changes. Unfortunately, knowing what is to happen has colored my appreciation of the episodes I'm watching now. I watch Elizabeth and Carson interact with the team and I realize how much I will miss them and how much the dynamic will change come season 4. I've already seen Sunday "unofficially" (cough, cough) and I won't sit through it again, so I guess whatever episode comes before that will be my last.
      sigpic

Comment

my fav episodes of season 4 were echoes, common ground .. but my total fav was sateda.

irrissitable just left me going..eh? it was a bad episode but you know that happens.. so i wasn't throw of the show by it.. simply left me going 'oh well next will make up for it'

i watched Sunday and it put me in to shell shock.. but people asked me to keep watching and give the last episode a chance... so i did and omg it awful

so sunday was the start of it but first strike is what did it for me
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

what was the moment you knew the show wasn't the one you fell in love with any more?

I like S3 actually... a lot... There were some great eps... I didn't mind Irresistible actually (don't hit me) but Irresponsible was a yawnfest... IMO.
          It's the changes coming up that's put me off S4. I know people come and go in the entertainment industry but I don't have to like it. Mostly I don't like the "new" direction. New leadership = "new" direction and I don't care for it. Actually, my greatest fears have come to pass... We're not getting any new improved direction at all... just SG-1 redux... *sigh*

I'll have to say Common Ground was my favourite episode in S3... it was one of the most original things I'd seen in Stargate for a very long time. Good use of Kolya and the Wraith and of course, lots of Sheppard angst.
          I actually really like Sunday (don't kill me)... I thought the writing in that was quite brilliant... again the concept was very refreshing. I didn't like what they did with you-know-who but the actual storytelling was excellent. I wept like baby.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I think the most irksome thing about this show is its inconsistency. If the episodes were crap through and through then I would have dropped the show a long time ago. But there are episodes that I think are really great - Sateda, Return pt 1, Tao of Rodney. Episodes that I think fired on all cylinders, so to speak. But interspersed between these fantastic episodes are just okay ones (IMO) like The Game, The Ark, and Submersion. And then there's the horrid ones (IMO) like Irresistable and Irresponsible. It's frustrating for me because I see these great episodes where TPTB are really on their ball and I wonder why they can't do this all the time, or even most of the time.

I saw an interesting comparison between TV shows and boyfriends/girlfriends on LJ. Great TV shows are like great bfs/gfs - they're smart and funny and entertaining. No problems. Bad TV shows are like bad bfs/gfs - they're always rude or dumb or boring. Easier to dump. But when TV shows are inconsistent they're like bfs/gfs that are both good and bad - they sometimes say really rude or dumb things but other times they buy you flowers or make you dinner. That makes it much harder to decide if you want to stay or if you want to go.

Comment

I think that will happen in season 4, though Sunday does make it a close second. I was shocked to say the least, and I usually don't go teary eyed with a fictional thing but bloody hell... Carson going boom and his funeral service were just too much.

Originally posted by parisindy
              ECHOES!! I love it. Kate's in it and it was a brilliant ep. Very funny and mucho Teyla and Kate. Did I mention Kate's in it? I love Kate, she's my favorite character on the show.

I pretty much love all the episodes in season 3 except for the horrible Irre-episodes. Those I truly hate, the first installment makes me want to throw up. The second, I just don't like.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I think that will happen in season 4, though Sunday does make it a close second. I was shocked to say the least, and I usually don't go teary eyed with a fictional thing but bloody hell... Carson going boom and his funeral service were just too much.
                i'm not a crier but i sobbed.. to much like my dads funeral i think erg broke my heart.. it annoys they hell out of me that...

Spoiler:
                they blew up carson then blew up weir...i mean they couldn't even come up with original ideas there! erg

ECHOES!! I love it. Kate's in it and it was a brilliant ep. Very funny and mucho Teyla and Kate. Did I mention Kate's in it? I love Kate, she's my favorite character on the show.
                who do you like again? hehe

i am so tired of people saying that we have no right to be here if we don't support season 4, we're still fans... just not fans of how they ruined our show
                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

i am so tired of people saying that we have no right to be here if we don't support season 4, we're still fans... just not fans of how they ruined our show
                  Yup, I totally agree here. Everybody has a right to have an opinion of how we feel. And if that's a feeling of dread then we should be able to express that as much as we want. It's not like we will venture into the pro-season 4 thread and dump our dread over there, right?

Comment

Yup, I totally agree here. Everybody has a right to have an opinion of how we feel. And if that's a feeling of dread then we should be able to express that as much as we want. It's not like we will venture into the pro-season 4 thread and dump our dread over there, right?
                    exactly but apparently this is the only thread we are allowed in.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Guys, you have every right to post in whatever thread you want as long as your opinion is on topic. Don't be intimidated by posters who want all negative viewpoints in their own little box. Post your mind, be polite about it and don't insult anyone, and hold your head high.

Comment

I don't read JM's blog. I've found most blogs, with rare exceptions, to be nothing more than self-important head trips. But, I'm stuck in the house on a really beautiful day and to amuse myself, I'm checking out some threads I don't normally venture into. One of them is the thread that dissects his blog offerings.

Somebody, somewhere must have hit a nerve with less than positive commentary, because he reacted pretty badly to a question about the negativity prevalent in certain aspects of fandom. What I found most fascinating (and troubling) is that he actually mentioned two posters who I guess were unfortuantely singled out as stand ins for all SGA viewers less than thrilled with some aspects of the show (sorry for the run on sentence).

It makes for quite an interesting read. Since many of the threads on this board seem to be inhabited by fans excited about the show and its future (you know, real fans ), I don't know what made him react the way he did. Has there never been any dissent in the Stargate rank and file before? Just curious.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, I post in the save threads and here because I really can't see a future for Atlantis with the latest changes. In all honesty, what's the point of discussing Travelers, Doppelganger and so on if deep down I know my favorite show is no more? I suppose I'm reaching the point of total and complete indifference towards the new SGA.
                          sigpic

Comment

I was in the Pro-season 4 thread and someone mentioned about how Atlantis should have many more seasons after this one, cause it has so many more stories to tell. And I was like (and this thought was almost like an automated response)... 'Of course, there's more stories to tell. Heck, there's 10 years of SG1 to rehash.'

And yes, I sometimes venture into the Pro-thread and I have to admit that the enthusiasm I see in there stings a lot bit sometimes.

Comment

Toaster is right... there's nothing wrong with having a negative opinion as long as we don't attack any other fans/actors personally. TPTB are fair game though.
                              But seriously, I consider myself a fan of SGA because as most of us agree, there were many good things about S3. As I've said on many occasions, we are only "whining" because we care about the show. If I didn't, I would have done my disappearing act a long time ago.
                              Originally posted by mcbarr
                              Well, I post in the save threads and here because I really can't see a future for Atlantis with the latest changes. In all honesty, what's the point of discussing Travelers, Doppelganger and so on if deep down I know my favorite show is no more? I suppose I'm reaching the point of total and complete indifference towards the new SGA.
                              I don't like discussing episodes before they air because it raises unnecessary expectations. I like my scifi too much to be spoilt beforehand.
                              For me, it's not that I don't see a future for SGA... it's just that the new directions (casting changes in particular) aren't what I had hoped for the show.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                                I don't know what made him react the way he did. Has there never been any dissent in the Stargate rank and file before? Just curious.
                                Oh yes. There was a time when the "pro" and "anti" season threads were rare to nonexistent on GW. And then came SG1's season nine, which caused a large fraction in the fanbase. On one side were the fans who hated the changes - no RDA, minimal Sam, too much Vala, dislike of Mitchell, boring new enemy, problems with the Sam/Mitchell leadership decision, bad plots with too much T&A, etc. etc. etc. And on the other side were the fans who were very happy with the changes. Commence fandom fighting, complete with "negative comments should only be in the anti thread" campaigns, appointing certain groups of fans as "real fans", and deflecting complaints with "why are you still watching?" instead of actually responding to the comments made. It was quite bad for a while, calmed down a bit, and then restarted even nastier when it was announced that SG1 was canceled. It has since calmed down again.

Joe M. had a blog on GW during that time. Needless to say, that blog went to pot with the nastiest poster comments about the actors, PTB, and other fan groups. Joe did snark at certain comments, but I can't recall if he actively sniped at groups of fans or specific individuals like he's doing now. He closed it down after months of vitriol and recently opened up this current blog at an off-site.

All of this has happened before. All of this is currently happening again.

Comment

Working...
                                X