Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are TPTB PLANNING on ending SGA with season 4? "spoilers for season 3 and 4"

I wrote this in another thread but I think this idea deserves its seperate one:

I didn`t complain about Beckett leaving even though I do consider it a stupid move simply because I just take a show for what it is. Now, Beckett`s not my favorite, neither is Weir but you know what...I don`t have a favorite character. My favorite character is Stargate Atlantis with all its microorganisms called Weir, Shep, Teyla, Ronon, McKay, Carson, Caldwell, Zelenka and so on.

To eliminate both Weir and Beckett is so monumentally stupid and disrespectful that it leads me to only one conclusion: TPTB are PLANNING on making season 4 the last and thei`re just milking the SG-1 cow one more season while they still can. Why they never gave Atlantis a chance is beyond me since the show did show potential...but I guess it`s all just buisness in the end, isn`t it.

Let`s enjoy SGA while we still can and let`s at least praise the actors for the great job they did all this time.
    Teal'c: I am loyal to the Tau'ri.
    Simmons: Why should I believe you?
    Teal'c: If I were still loyal to the Goa'uld, you would know it.
    Simmons: Really?
    Teal'c: It would become immediately apparent, as I would not hesitate to kill you where you sit.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel the show themselves

They can't get over SG1 ending

bet what'll happen is this

2007 - s4 and 2 movies

2008 - sga ends, new show starts, more movies...PTB say 'sorry...we couldn't do two series at once'
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

The conspiracy theories about self-sabotage are beginning to sound more and more likely, aren't they?

I always worried that Atlantis would be used to continue SG-1 once that show ended, but I didn't think they'd go to such extremes with the recasting... and all in a batch like that.

The only question is, will Atlantis be used as a springboard for the SG-1 movies or for the third series? Or possibly both? Certainly it isn't going to be given a chance to be its own show, not any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
        I wrote this in another thread but I think this idea deserves its seperate one:

I didn`t complain about Beckett leaving even though I do consider it a stupid move simply because I just take a show for what it is. Now, Beckett`s not my favorite, neither is Weir but you know what...I don`t have a favorite character. My favorite character is Stargate Atlantis with all its microorganisms called Weir, Shep, Teyla, Ronon, McKay, Carson, Caldwell, Zelenka and so on.

To eliminate both Weir and Beckett is so monumentally stupid and disrespectful that it leads me to only one conclusion: TPTB are PLANNING on making season 4 the last and thei`re just milking the SG-1 cow one more season while they still can. Why they never gave Atlantis a chance is beyond me since the show did show potential...but I guess it`s all just buisness in the end, isn`t it.

Let`s enjoy SGA while we still can and let`s at least praise the actors for the great job they did all this time.
        don't you think your over reacting

Comment

The truth is...you can`t make a good product if you`re not passoinate about it. Few people in charge were ever passionate about SGA.

The real passionate ones were only the fans.
          Teal'c: It would become immediately apparent, as I would not hesitate to kill you where you sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
            don't you think your over reacting
            Not really...moves like these never work in TV...not even when it`s a last-chance thing. In this show it wasn`t even called for. I promise you there will be no season 5 though I wish I could talk myself into believing there will be.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              The conspiracy theories about self-sabotage are beginning to sound more and more likely, aren't they?

I always worried that Atlantis would be used to continue SG-1 once that show ended, but I didn't think they'd go to such extremes with the recasting... and all in a batch like that.

The only question is, will Atlantis be used as a springboard for the SG-1 movies or for the third series? Or possibly both? Certainly it isn't going to be given a chance to be its own show, not any more.
              The SG-1 movies don't need Atlantis as a srpingboard however the third series might.

Comment

You know what strikes me as strange? In that interview Brad Wright was talking about how he is stepping away from Atlantis to concentrate on the SG-1 movies saying something like: "making 40 hours of television a year is just crazy and you basically have no life...blah blah blah".

If thats the case then why the hell are they proceeding with a third series?

Comment

Originally posted by Fifer View Post
                  You know what strikes me as strange? In that interview Brad Wright was talking about how he is stepping away from Atlantis to concentrate on the SG-1 movies saying something like: "making 40 hours of television a year is just crazy and you basically have no life...blah blah blah".

sadly i can't get the interview to work but there are so many unknows about the 3rd series ....and no one said as far as i know that brad or robert we're a part of it

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
                    Few people in charge were ever passionate about SGA.
                    That's quite a statement there. Do you have any proof for it, or is it just what you believe because you don't like what they're making?

And they're not eliminating Weir! She'll be recurring, just like Beckett was in Season 1.

I for one am looking forward to Poisoning the Well - Weir version.

Comment

i don't know about tptb
                      but it wouldn't surpirse me if the sci fi channel cancelled it after season 4

think about the past.... shows bought by sci fi channel then cancelled shortly after

farscape
                      andromeda
                      SG-1

can atlantis be that far behind?
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

SG1 was cancelled 5 years after SciFi bought them.

Geez...I can't believe I'm defending SciFi...Ugh, I feel so dirty.

Comment

I completely agree with you Lone Wolf, whether its deliberate or not this is EXACTLY the way to kill this show. Doesn't matter who in and out, such a drastic set of changes its EXACTLY the way to turn the adverages views off never mind the fans. THAT has been proven through out TV history. Personally I think they never wanted this show to last, it was just a stop gap. Remember original both BW & RCC said the idea was never meant to be the spin-off, it was the 2nd movie premise and they were rushed into it. I think they've just been biding their time waiting for the right moment to bury it. With the 2 movies I think they're going to use them as a spring board into the 3rd spin off which will be more SG1 orientated. Its pretty obvious from what they're doing they have no interest in keeping SGA around.

Comment

Originally posted by Fifer View Post

Its all abour the benajamins.....Stargate is now one of the most successful franchises in history. Even if SGA only makes it 4 seasons AND the third spinoff one or two, you have syndication money on three shows, the films AND the merch...so what if they tank. I would bet money the dvds will be released for years on end. Special editions, a full series edition, limited editions, I bet they even package a GIANT dvd collection of all of SG1, SGA and maybe even the films (like MASH did). There will be lots of money coming in for years and years no matter how much we moan, there are plenty who will still shell out the cash.

sigpic
                            www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                            Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
                              sadly i can't get the interview to work but there are so many unknows about the 3rd series ....and no one said as far as i know that brad or robert we're a part of it
                              If you watch both interviews it becomes pretty clear that the third series will be all about Cooper and Wright, just like the 2 before it.

Comment

Working...
                              X