X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#spoilers the quest part 2# zpm construction

have we found how the ancients constructed there zpms

Spoiler:
    as seen in the quest part 2 a machine was used to create parts of the sangral by using base elements atom by atom could this be the way that the ancients had constructed there zpms and other parts to there technology?
    sigpic
    Sig For Me!

Originally posted by Cban View Post
    have we found how the ancients constructed there zpms

Spoiler:
    as seen in the quest part 2 a machine was used to create parts of the sangral by using base elements atom by atom could this be the way that the ancients had constructed there zpms and other parts to there technology?
    it's possible, but remember that machine was built by merlin using ascended knowledge so the ancients may not have such a device and it's use was depremental to health...

the asgard possess a similar device and it was able to contruct an anti-replicator weapons but it may not be able to handle something so complex and we have no idea how Z.P.M's are constructed, i would think that replicating a self contained bubble of subspace would be very hard which is what is inside a Z.P.M...
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Of course it can, all you have to do is know the exact placement and function of every molecule(you also must know what molecules) that comprise a ZPM.
      Good luck with that!
      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
        Of course it can, all you have to do is know the exact placement and function of every molecule(you also must know what molecules) that comprise a ZPM.
        Good luck with that!
        but how do you replicate a bubble of subspace...
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Why, you take an existing bubble of subspace, and exactly copy it, of course.

As Jimbo said, good luck with that!

Comment

You might find a ZPM inside one in every 100,000,000,000 boxes of Kellogs Frosted Flakes. Id say thats the easiest way to get one

Comment

Using this idea would explain why there isn't a zpm factory on atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                Good luck with that!
                i think that the wepon that was built is more complicated than a zpm the sheer complexity and power requirement would far out do the complexity of a zpmany ways they were ancients they would know how to build them using the method of construction melin used
                sigpic
                Sig For Me!

Comment

i think that the wepon that was built is more complicated than a zpm the sheer complexity and power requirement would far out do the complexity of a zpmany ways they were ancients they would know how to build them using the method of construction melin used
                  100% pure and simple speculation. Gotta love it.
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

It put an immense toll on Daniel and Merlin because they had to concentrate to use a machine reading their mind and assembling matter to the smallest level possible, according to blueprints Merlin was the only one to possess.

The story would be totally different if the whole process worked from stored data and computer assisted, which is likely what the Asgards do since I didn't see Thor plugging his grey head into some funky device to start assembling a BFG out of the bluepriints syphoned from O'Neill's mind.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
                      You might find a ZPM inside one in every 100,000,000,000 boxes of Kellogs Frosted Flakes. Id say thats the easiest way to get one
                      I think I'll go with these chances

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

It may not be as different as you think, It was said that the device works much like a ZPM does, but instead of getting energy from Subspace, it targets ascended beings. Wouldn't that be great if we could power Atlantis with Merlins device, and the Ori are destroyed in the process. Then slap a big sticker on Atlantis that says powered by the Ori
                        Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
                        http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Working...
                        X