X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save Elizabeth Weir! SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4

Mod insertion

This is a PRO Torri, PRO campaign thread only.

THis is also NOT a place to call people names, either other fans or TPTB. Name calling will be removed and is grounds for moderation.

The topic of this thread is the campaign & Support of Torri Higgenson. Keep it on topic

Visit our website at: www.SaveElizabethWeir.com

I heard the Brad Wright interview and he has said that Torri will be back for some period of time as a RECURRING CHARACTER. I find this absolutely horrible that they would even consider making Weir recurring. She is the leader of Atlantis!

I would like to start a campaign to Save Dr. Weir from becoming recurring. I want her on the show FULL TIME!

If there's anyone who'd like to help (maybe with sigs and such) please feel free. Anyone who can make suggestions as to which direction to take?

I have started a petition here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savedrelizabethweir/

Write a letter, send a postcard, write an email: *with thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com

Bridge Studios — writers and producers
    Mr. Joseph Mallozzi and Mr. Paul Mullie, Executive Producers
    Stargate SG-1 Productions
    Bridge Studios
    2400 Boundary Rd,
    Burnaby, BC
    V5M 3Z3
    Canada

MGM — funding Hollywood studio
    Mr. Charles Cohen
    Executive Vice President
    MGM Television Entertainment
    10250 Constellation Boulevard
    Los Angeles, CA 90067

Sci Fi Channel — the network
    Ms. Nora O’Brien
    Vice President Original Programming
    NBC Universal | Sci Fi Channel
    100 Universal City Plaza
    Universal City, CA 91608

Nora O’Brien is in charge of Stargate Atlantis for Sci Fi, but if you want to go higher, you may write to:

Ms. Bonnie Hammer, President
    30 Rockefeller Plaza
    New York, NY, 10112

Mr. Mark Stern
    Executive VP Original Programming
    100 Universal City Plaza
    Bld. 1440, 14th Floor
    Universal City, CA 91608

More addresses here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=851

You can listen to the interview here: http://stargatesg1.com/Interviews go to the Brad Wright interview at 41:00 into it.

Edit: Here are some sigs by Leelakin (please credit & use your own host for all sigs):

Two sigs from Vicki:

From Gatebyte:

From Erised:

From SueKay:

From FallenAngelII:

more from FallenAngelII here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1287

From Ankareeda:
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 03 June 2008, 06:39 PM.

what the hell..*iz confuzed* good job TPTB. There is no better way to kill a show then to get rid of Beckett and Weir.

Comment

Wow, tptb really want me to stop watching the show.

Comment

I just don't know what to think any more. TPTB are making FOUR MAJOR CAST CHANGES to the show for Season 4. I'm just.... *guh*

I love this show, I really do but with every new cast change announced I have to wonder if this is even going to BE the same show in Season 4?!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
          Okay, it's official. TPTB are morons. What are they going to do? Reduce her to a recurring role and then dump her altogether?

She deserves better than this... but I can't say I didn't see it coming. Nothing they do makes any sense. This will be just a way of making room for Sam to be on Atlantis. And for Jewel Staite's character, too.

If there was one character whose loss would make me stop watching Atlantis, it's Elizabeth.

I think this is about it for me, if they go ahead with this. I watch Atlantis for the interaction between Elizabeth, Shep and Rodney. I'm completely done with this show if she's not there as much as she deserves to be.
          I really don't know what they are trying to accomplish with this move. If they really want me to stop watching Atlantis, this is the way to do it.

Torri is extremely talented and she deserves better treatment than this. We need to do something about this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
            what the hell..*iz confuzed* good job TPTB. There is no better way to kill a show then to get rid of Beckett and Weir.
            It's like they're trying to get the show cancelled. Really. They have no idea what the fans want. The fans don't want the characters they love killed off or dumped to recurring status. They want the lineup to stay as it is!

Torri deserves better than this. So do her fans.

Comment

I cant watch the interview, maybe too many people are watching it at the same time...... What the hell is going on? That's it for me if they do what they plan to do........

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                I just don't know what to think any more. TPTB are making FOUR MAJOR CAST CHANGES to the show for Season 4. I'm just.... *guh*

I love this show, I really do but with every new cast change announced I have to wonder if this is even going to BE the same show in Season 4?!!
                It won't be the same show.

Personally, I watch for the dynamic between Shep/Elizabeth/Rodney. Shep and Rodney snarking at each other will get old really quickly for me without the stabilising influence of Elizabeth.

It's pretty safe to say that I won't be watching.

Comment

We need to get the word out. Pass along that we're trying to start a campaign.

Can anyone make us sigs?

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                    I cant watch the interview, maybe too many people are watching it at the same time...... What the hell is going on? That's it for me if they do what they plan to do........
                    All I can get is Rob Cooper? I am just stunned. Nothing much they've done so far has surprised me, but I've got to admit this takes the cake. It's official. They are deliberately trying to kill the show. People have been constantly complaining that there's not enough of her, and what's their solution? Give us even less. Amazing.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm APPALLED...utterly appalled

I'm sick of Atlantis...not for the actors, characters or show itself, but because of {Mod Snip}
                      Yes Martin Gero, I sang your praises last year, but you've let it all get to your head
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 14 January 2007, 12:18 PM. Reason: GW is not allowing this term in regards to TPTB
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

yeah guys make sigs, let's start a petition or something... Suzotchka, I can't watch the damn vid, what did he say ?

Comment

I would be laughing my head off at all the ridiculous changes if I didn't actually LIKE the show they way it WAS. They really want to go down in flames, don't they?

I'll try to make a banner.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            All I can get is Rob Cooper? I am just stunned. Nothing much they've done so far has surprised me, but I've got to admit this takes the cake. It's official. They are deliberately trying to kill the show. People have been constantly complaining that there's not enough of her, and what's their solution? Give us even less. Amazing.
                            Try this:
                            http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...tItemId=213322

Go to 41:00 into the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                              Echoing Blower'sGate's post here, What?! is going on?

*don'tpanic*don'tpanic*don'tpanic*

Comment

Working...
                              X