Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ori Crusaders have encased power cores, what is that big white ball?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've all seen what Ori's warships power reactors look like.
    Quite very Arcturus-like in shape, they're standing in the middle of a big and empty spherical room.

So we're left wondering what's the purpose of that big white ball that floats in the large gap of a Crusader's superstructure.

That thing leaves nebulous trails of white gaseous matter.
    Is it waste? Exotic particles?
    Do the Ori actually use a kind of a Miller bridge to dump dangerous particles in a random alternate universe? If so, what's up with those trails of white smoke?
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
    Quite very Arcturus-like in shape, they're standing in the middle of a big and empty spherical room.

So we're left wondering what's the purpose of that big white ball that floats in the large gap of a Crusader's superstructure.

Do the Ori actually use a kind of a Miller bridge to dump dangerous particles in a random alternate universe? If so, what's up with those trails of white smoke?
    maybe that's where the energy is channeled to, seeing as when the ori ships powered up in crusade the energy balls started glowing
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Decoration. The white trails of smoke might be engine exhaust.
      Quacks

Comment

who the hell knows, it could many things!

Ori = Crazy SOB's!

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
        pps = power per second
        The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
        xfire = zpm
        [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
        http://m2kclan.com
        vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
        port: 3785
        P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
        halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
        Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

the big white ball is the rinse cycle of the ship, where they like to flush their enemies

(don't take me seriously!)
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            the big white ball is the rinse cycle of the ship, where they like to flush their enemies

(don't take me seriously!)

Adria Says "Lets Just Flush Earth of All LIFE!"

The New ORI SUPER WEAPON!

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
            pps = power per second
            The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
            xfire = zpm
            [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
            http://m2kclan.com
            vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
            port: 3785
            P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
            halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
            Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Prior farts. The waste product of powering the ship.
              : Hi Steve
              Bye Steve

Comment

Before the episode aired I had the belief that the ships may have been a singularity type power source considering what powered the supergate but now, it doesnt look like it. Can't really surmise what it might be but the giant ring in the center is perhaps vital in that regard... either that or the ring is related to the shields somehow.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

maybe the bridge to the powercore is retractable and when the ship is activated its retracts. because i think its the project arcturus, and the powersource was in a large room that could have been the big circle.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I don't know what it is, I would've said the energy output from the powersource but as when they activated the glow started from the center of the ring which is completely empty I really don't know.

Comment

I have a few ideas. Some better than others.

-Maybe that is where energy is stored and the large ring around it contains the energy in a spherelike shape. The exhaust might just be from the propulsion.

-Another idea I had initially was that it was like a pivot point to help the ship maneuver more easily. Turning upon a central point would make the turns sharper. The only thing is that they haven't shown a great deal of maneuvering... mostly slow and clunky. But I guess if you have really strong shields and a weapon that can go through almost anything, such things don't matter.

-Or it can be for balance. The front of ship is where most of the mass of the ship is while the back part which has less mass tilts upwards a bit. Perhaps that ball is necessary to maintain the proper axes?

That's all I got.
                      Hopefully in one of the episodes they will be talking about the Ori ships and then Carter can surmise what the big white light ball is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post

I believe dat da Ori ships are built to a similiar design to a stargate cause if u look at da centre of dere ships dey look similiar to a stargate. I wuld say dat da energy orb is da power source for da ring like our stargate is powered by clamps of electricity except the Ori ships are being pushed by the energy force or waves for propulsion from the energy Orb. i wuld say dat dey are energy particles emmitting waves of force for propulsion to move the ship

Comment

It could be part of the propulsion system, or as previously stated, for decoration. Of course it could be part of the "original" power generation, the power generation could've been changed later so that it could feature in the plot (hard to disable something like that outside the ship) so a possible oversight on the part of the designers/writers

Oh and "charlie shakey", you don't so much speak the language as much as you chew on it and spit it out!
                          The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

as i was thinking why would the ancients never expieriment with singularity
                            energy it is limetless power like showed with the supergates

so why would the ori never tried it i think its a singularity with the rings
                            containing the field withouth it expanding and it turns white when it draws
                            massive energie so its the energie thats being drawed that you can see

that kind of powersource would be limitless and would hold no negative effect
                            like the vacuum ones (zpm is limited) other ones like project acturas creats
                            particels

but aswel it can be like project acturas and because they have nowledge of how the universe is they might know how to not creat the particels

Comment

My personal opinion is that the VFX guys put them there to look and are hopeing for the writers to make use of it

Comment

Working...
                              X