This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Hive Ships!?!?!?! underground spoilers

Ok i was reading the wraith thign in omnipedia and their are 60 wraith hive ships were screwed...kiss season two goodbye BUT with the writers they ahve now they'll be a season eight before one hive ship hits atlantis. but i like the show so far and cane wati to see the next few episodes unfold.
    yay!
    O'neil: speaking of Anubis' secret base, did you find any cool weapons?
    Carter:.....no.....
    O'neil: NUTS!

Do you think you could possibly edit your post title to not include specific plot spoilers for eps not everyone may have seen yet? Please?

Edit: Well, I consider it potentially spoilery, anyway. Dunno what the rules are on this, specifically...

And really... there are dozens and dozens of Goa'uld out there. Why should it be surprising that there are dozens and dozens of Wraith, too? Having a limited number of "The Enemy" wouldn't be very interesting. You have to have lots to go through in case the show lasts more than a season. Otherwise, the good guys would kill them all and be left twiddling their thumbs.

Comment

I saw this on the homepage, this is a very big spoiler.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Having a limited number of "The Enemy" wouldn't be very interesting. You have to have lots to go through in case the show lasts more than a season. Otherwise, the good guys would kill them all and be left twiddling their thumbs.
        That or you just keep finding more and more from an unspecified supply, which can work as well.

The problem with saying up front that there's a whole bunch is that you then have to have a reason why they don't gang up on your heroes. The Goa'uld had one, but if the Wraith also feud internally and don't see humanity as a threat, it's a bit same-old same-old. Hmm. Wonder what they'll go with.

I should note I've never seen Atlantis, but villains are a fascination to me as a writer. It's always hard to establish a real threat that can manage to keep going without losing all credibility; it's like the Conspiracy from the X-Files who just ceased to be convincing after their highly-trained assassins failed to off the right nosey agent or rogue conspirator for the five hundredth time.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
          The problem with saying up front that there's a whole bunch is that you then have to have a reason why they don't gang up on your heroes. The Goa'uld had one, but if the Wraith also feud internally and don't see humanity as a threat, it's a bit same-old same-old. Hmm. Wonder what they'll go with.
          Poisoning the Well
          Spoiler:

Steve Wraith says that his kind are going to get in a good meal before they gang up to take out Atlantis. Goodness knows an army can't fight on an empty stomach.

Comment

Presumably it could fight, just not <i>march</i>.

Anyway, isn't an invasion their idea of a massive pig-out all-you-can-eat barbeque buffet?
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
              Anyway, isn't an invasion their idea of a massive pig-out all-you-can-eat barbeque buffet?
              Possibly. But maybe this means they consider humans enough of a threat that they wan't to be at full strength before taking them on. Or maybe it's the equivalent of getting dragged out of bed at some ungodly hour and wanting to at LEAST have a cup of coffee before you have to head to work.

Comment

Maybe it's like raiding the cupboards only to find out your flat-mate has ordered a 21" pizza for the 2 of you? You can't be rude if the food's there, can you

I think it'll be interesting why they don't attack Atlantis straight away, but it could be that they think they killed off the Ancients long ago and nobody else has inhabited Atlantis as it's underwater, therefor they're raiding planets looking for the new human inhabitants (i.e: McKay and Sheppard).

The other option of course is in episode 1:

Sumner: Go to hell!
                Wraith Lady: Earth first!

They could be gearing up to attack Earth, not Atlantis

Comment

From what was said I get the impression there are 80+ hive ships...
                  sigpic
                  I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
                  'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
                  'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

60.. or more

And yes spoiler warning is needed.

And I agree with Shadow, I wouldn't fight anyone two minutes after I woke up.

Comment

Grodin said there *may* be 60 hive ships. It wasn't an absolute. Nor do we know just how many Wraith are on board each. 100? 10,000. We don't know. It's possible some ships have a lot, and others have few. Nor we do if all ships are operational.

Comment

For some reason I was thinking that the potentialy 60 hive ships was the number for just their quadrant not the entire galexy.

Comment

Actually they I believe they said there were 21 in their quadrant, and 60 total, so it's possible the majority of the ships might not be a problem for Atlantis. I can't wait for the ships to arrive at Atlantis expecting a huge feast, and finding out the entire city is populted by about 50 people.
                          My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

and a wadrobe and camera crew

sorry abou the spolier thing..:::looks at small post number::: im new.
                            O'neil: speaking of Anubis' secret base, did you find any cool weapons?
                            Carter:.....no.....
                            O'neil: NUTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
                              I can't wait for the ships to arrive at Atlantis expecting a huge feast, and finding out the entire city is populted by about 50 people.
                              LOL!!!
                              But seriously, there's more then 50 people... No that much to really make a difference, but anyway...
                              I thought they said there were at least 60 Wraith hive ships that they knew of right now, but there could be many, many, more out there. So, yea.
                              There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Working...
                              X