PDA

View Full Version : Season 1 DVD box

a_frayn
January 12th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Hey folks!
I'm a bit slow at my DVD purchasing. I have season 1 of Atlantis now and unfortunately disc 5 contains the material from disc 1. I knew about this when they were first released, but I'd figure that a year later this still wouldn't be a problem. What's the solution... in Canada?

pattirose
January 12th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Where did you buy it? I bought mine at Future Shop and had the same problem last summer, I just returned it and they gave me my $$ back. At the time they said many people had come in with the same complaint, duh!
I bought the next set at Amazon and it was fine.
That's strange though - you'd think after a year they would have fixed the problem and that the stores would have the new stock.

a_frayn
January 12th, 2007, 08:42 AM
It was a gift, so all I know is that it was purchased somewhere in beautiful Belleville, ON.

I'm gonna take my copy of Star Trek season 2 back because the inside case shattered before I got it, so perhaps I'll take it back with that.

Angela V
January 16th, 2007, 06:47 PM
You made me dive for my DVDs! Once I realised I just watched The Gift which is on disc 5 I sighed in relief. I got it as a gift too.

Trek_Girl42
January 16th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Is everything about the disc different? (including the menus, art etc.) Or do you have to actually watch the episodes to know that there's a problem?

I've only watched two discs of my set (I think I watched all the last one though).....I'm wondering if I should check. :S

mckaychick
January 17th, 2007, 06:39 AM
I have the dvd box and i dont have any problems

GrisHnacK
January 17th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Hi,

I also had the same problem with my SGA Season 1, Disc 5 DVD. I just returned it to the place I had bought it and they sent me the right DVD. I also found out you could send the problematic DVD to Sony and they would ship you the correct one. Source: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4525

Here's what it says...

"To receive a replacement for "Stargate Atlantis Season 1 - Disc 5", please return only the Disc 5 DVD by itself (not the entire box set) in its original single DVD case packaging to the following adress:

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Client Operations Group
SPP 5307
10202 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232

Please be sure to include your return adress, proof-of-purchase...

You can also e-mail Sony at: [email protected]

Hope this helps.

Emerald01
January 19th, 2007, 07:41 PM
I got my set at a Borders. But I would think that you could take it to any place that sells it and just get a replacement. They'd get the reimbursement from the distributor for the defective set, so it's a straight exchange. No reason they'd give you a hard time about it. Bummer that happened. I never even knew about that. Good luck!

Cheers!
Em

a_frayn
January 22nd, 2007, 03:38 AM
I went to a Future Shop and told them I purchased it there. They exchanged it no problem. They wouldn't exchange my copy of Star Trek season 2 as that hadn't been purchased at their location since 2005.