PDA

View Full Version : Baal on the 2 movies?

Chaos18
January 9th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Will Baal be in the 2 SG1 movies?

as after season 10 there will be 2 movies right?

As i am watching the second half of season 10 right now on Sky One and i am liking the character Baal

Also will the 2 movies be big budget? i know it will be straight to DVD but will it be big budget?

Hopefully we will see old characters on the 2 movies :)

Maybe Baal will have to use his army to help us against the Ori.

And if the 2 movies have a big budget then they will be able to use the Asgard's?

jenks
January 9th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Ba'al will be in the second SG-1 movie. They budgets will be bigger than what they have to film normally, but no where near the type of budgets you see for big screen movies I don't think...

Chaos18
January 9th, 2007, 11:48 AM
by second movie wat do u mean the last movie or the up coming one?

coz they are making 2 movies right?

and are u sure he wont be in the both

J_B
January 9th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Go to the General Disc forum.

General Disc (http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=16)

There you'll see threads for the 1st & 2nd movies where you'll get all the currently known info.

paulanthony
January 10th, 2007, 06:22 AM
I believe that Baal must and will be in at least one of the movies because we now know that:
Baal is/was Mordred: the illigitimate son of Arthur, and at some point of time in the past "time travel movie?" Mordred/Baal wounded/killed Arthur in a Battle....
So he will be in at least one of the Stargate Films to fulfull the current SG1 mythology slant.

Mitchell82
January 10th, 2007, 09:35 PM
I believe that Baal must and will be in at least one of the movies because we now know that:
Baal is/was Mordred: the illigitimate son of Arthur, and at some point of time in the past "time travel movie?" Mordred/Baal wounded/killed Arthur in a Battle....
So he will be in at least one of the Stargate Films to fulfull the current SG1 mythology slant.

Makes sense. I think it was confirmed that he is in the second movie.

Gen_J_O'Neill
January 10th, 2007, 10:46 PM
The second movie plot revolves around something baal does. So yes, he will be in the second movie for sure!

Also, BW said they were getting more money, but not a lot of money. I presume it would be in the area of 4-5million.

Detox
January 10th, 2007, 10:48 PM
The second movie plot revolves around something baal does. So yes, he will be in the second movie for sure!

Also, BW said they were getting more money, but not a lot of money. I presume it would be in the area of 4-5million.

No, it's probably bigger. 4-5 million is usually how much an hour long TV show costs. Stargate's about 3 million per episode. I would assume a movie would garner a significantly larger budget.

Mitchell82
January 10th, 2007, 11:23 PM

Agreed but I also think it would garner a bigger budget than that. oh love your sig can you send me one?

the fifth man
January 11th, 2007, 12:17 AM

Wow. Very interesting. I did not know that, because I haven't seen "The Quest, Part 2" yet. Cool, though.:)

Personally, I can't wait to see what Ba'al has in store for us in the second SG-1 movie.

Mitchell82
January 11th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Wow. Very interesting. I did not know that, because I haven't seen "The Quest, Part 2" yet. Cool, though.:)

Personally, I can't wait to see what Ba'al has in store for us in the second SG-1 movie.

Yeah me too. I am looking forward to both movies.

jenks
January 11th, 2007, 09:29 AM
No, it's probably bigger. 4-5 million is usually how much an hour long TV show costs. Stargate's about 3 million per episode. I would assume a movie would garner a significantly larger budget.

No, the average Stargate ep costs about 2 million or less.

Mitchell82
January 11th, 2007, 04:06 PM
No, the average Stargate ep costs about 2 million or less.

well that actually depends on how much effects are in each ep. Most from waht I remember cost 2 1/2 mil to 3 mil per ep.

jetvlt
January 11th, 2007, 04:18 PM

where did you find this out?

Mitchell82
January 11th, 2007, 08:13 PM

Quest part 2.

lunarleviathan
January 11th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Hmm, I also want Baal in the 3rd Stargate series! Hope he doesn't die in the second SG-1 film.

jenks
January 12th, 2007, 06:43 AM

It's rubbish, ignore him.

paulanthony
January 12th, 2007, 07:00 AM
It's not rubbish at all, in the quest part two
Merlin identified SG1 as being the knights of the round table and Baal as Mordred
and if you read about the Arthurian legends on wikipedia website you will find that
Mordred is eventually responsible for the fatal wounding of Arthur leading to Arthurs death/ascension
just read up on the Folklore for yourselves and make up your own decisions.....

jenks
January 12th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Merlin was confused. When Daniel had his memories he said 'Merlin was right, you do look like Percival', so obviously they aren't the same people, they just look like them.

paulanthony
January 12th, 2007, 07:17 AM
I disagree with you completely,
I think it was too much of a coincidence that the REST of SG1 and Baal ALSO just happened to look JUST LIKE the OTHER knights of the round table, to mind it is way too much of a coincidence for them all to be the spitting image of people that Merlin had met before.
We will probably get to see in the movies that SG1 travel back in time/alternate dimension to get help from Merlin and that is why he still recognises them 1000 years later...

It is obvious part of the future/past plotline...

Mitchell82
January 12th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I disagree with you completely,
I think it was too much of a coincidence that the REST of SG1 and Baal ALSO just happened to look JUST LIKE the OTHER knights of the round table, to mind it is way too much of a coincidence for them all to be the spitting image of people that Merlin had met before.
We will probably get to see in the movies that SG1 travel back in time/alternate dimension to get help from Merlin and that is why he still recognises them 1000 years later...

It is obvious part of the future/past plotline...

Don't fret I agree with you asweell. I have seen it four times now and come up with the same conclusion you did.

maylet
January 12th, 2007, 06:06 PM
That will be cool, having Baal in the two movies, I will really like to see him there

Mitchell82
January 12th, 2007, 06:35 PM
That will be cool, having Baal in the two movies, I will really like to see him there

As far as I know hee is only in the second.

knowles2
January 14th, 2007, 07:53 AM
I think they are defferently part of knights of the round table, just merlin reaction to baal and how he deals with baal nice trick with the vocal cords and the fact baal was allowed to join sg1 on the quest, transported along with them, all points to them some how being directly involve with merlin in the past and the way he shuts of and stopped talking about the past and morgan la fay all suggest to me he knew exactly what meant to of happen their, and exactly what sg1 must do in the future.

I imaging morgan la fray would not want the Gould getting hold of merlin either, they just a much a threat than ori with such a powerful device.

They will probably get about 10-15 million at the most for both films, which is a fare budget also giving their experience and amount sets and costumes and stuff that they already have that should go quite a way.

Mitchell82
January 14th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I think they are defferently part of knights of the round table, just merlin reaction to baal and how he deals with baal nice trick with the vocal cords and the fact baal was allowed to join sg1 on the quest, transported along with them, all points to them some how being directly involve with merlin in the past and the way he shuts of and stopped talking about the past and morgan la fay all suggest to me he knew exactly what meant to of happen their, and exactly what sg1 must do in the future.

I imaging morgan la fray would not want the gould getting hold of merlin either, they just a much a threat than ori with such a powerful device.

They will probably get about 10-15 million at the most for both films, which is a fare budget also giving their experience and amount sets and costumes and stuff that they already have that should got quite way.

I imagine for both 10-12 would be more accurate but I agree that they can do a great job with the money for individual eps so I have no doubt they will do a great job. Also agree on your points but you might want to put spoiler tags as it gioves away some of quest 2.