This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith reproduction

It's something I'm pretty sure that has been discussed, but I couldn't have find any thread about it.

So opinions? Are they 'do it' like mammals, or like bugs? (EDIT: I mean the repdoduction, not the 'fun' part)
    "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
    ...George W. Bush, 9/5/93
    "[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
    ...George W. Bush

They are part human as well so I think they do it like we do.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:
    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
    Forum Charmer
    Forum Ambassador
    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Yeah i agree.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing that only the queens can reproduce, but who fertilises them. Maybe the "Steve" types?
        The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
          They are part human as well so I think they do it like we do.
          Yeah but the fact each hive has only one female....the queen...that seems to indicate a more insect like reproduction system.....maybe the queen lays eggs in the stasis chambers or some thing similer and the males fertilise them and the ones that the queen wants to turn into the footsoldiers are altered somehow before birth or something like that seems fairly logical but maybe its done on the ground instead of a ship
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
            Yeah but the fact each hive has only one female....the queen...that seems to indicate a more insect like reproduction system.....maybe the queen lays eggs in the stasis chambers or some thing similer and the males fertilise them and the ones that the queen wants to turn into the footsoldiers are altered somehow before birth or something like that seems fairly logical but maybe its done on the ground instead of a ship
            But remember the one queen has only one mate (King etc) so I think it is still the human way.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            Forum Charmer
            Forum Ambassador
            Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

But remember the one queen has only one mate (King etc) so I think it is still the human way.
              In insect colonies, the queen is fertilised only once (the "drone" dies shortly after), it provides enough sperm to produce offspring for the life of the queen (and therefore, the colony)
              The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Originally posted by the_dark_light View Post
                In insect colonies, the queen is fertilised only once (the "drone" dies shortly after), it provides enough sperm to produce offspring for the life of the queen (and therefore, the colony)
                The fact that the Wraith are humanoid and their body structure, I can't see how the Queen can lay eggs. I think the Wraith are far more human then insect and that they follow the human reproduction system
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                Forum Charmer
                Forum Ambassador
                Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

The fact that the Wraith are humanoid and their body structure, I can't see how the Queen can lay eggs. I think the Wraith are far more human then insect and that they follow the human reproduction system
                  I agree
                  sigpic

Comment

That makes me wonder: there're hundreds if not thousands of Wraiths on a single Hive, does one single Queen give birth to them all or what?
                    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                      Just because we don't see females that often don't mean there's only one female per Hive. For one thing, the Keeper was female.

Comment

I cant imagine a pregnant Wraith Queen to be honest.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                          I cant imagine a pregnant Wraith Queen to be honest.
                          Can you imagine a pregnant Jaffa? I mean, the pouch... >_>'

Comment

They are materialized out of Romulan Food Replicators.
                            Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                              They are materialized out of Romulan Food Replicators.
                              The Romulans eat babies? No wonder "nobody can stand their cuisine"

Comment

Working...
                              X