This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zat's

Why didn't they take Zats to Atlantis. 1 shot stuns, 2 shot kills, 3 shots....bye bye Wraith....

Maybe they didn't have enough, or non of the milatery personell likeed/could use them.

Anyway we don't know if they would affect the wraith.
    Wier: Nice work Rodney!
    McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
    Wier: Yes, several times....
    [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

Indeed the Wraith might not be affected by the Zat Weapons and Dr.Wier and the rest didn't know if Goa'uld weaponry would work in the Atlantis base or even in the Pergaus Galaxy. Goa'uld's and their technology doesn't work in certain citutations with Ancient/Asgard rooms etc (ie Thor's Hammer, The Fifth Race ( the head sucker didn't grab Teal'cs head cuz of the fact he was Goa'uld)

Also they have the taser guns to stun someone at the moment.

Comment

I heard someone mention that Atlantis may be able to detect and might have defenses against Goa'uld Tech. I guess I am a little confused on the timeline though. Did not Atlantis leave the Milky way before the Goa'uld came into the picture (millions of years ago) My impression was the the Goauld only came into the picture after they returned/escaped from the Pegasus Galaxy and dominated earth in the last several thousand years long after the ancients were gone. In that case Atlantis the city would have not info on Goa'uld tech to detect or render it ineffective. Are the Goauld race millions of years old? Also suprising that their weapons have not evolved in all that time. I would expect the the weapons and tech that they use today to be completely different from what they might have used in "Ancienttimes".
        Also, I am wondering if in fact the Goa'uld did interact with the Ancients that it might be possible that there is an ancient that has been taken over by a Goauld as a host. That would be interesting. It it would be a way to make contact with a "living" ancient and learn some things. And where/when did the Unas come in? The first host of the Goauld, but recall an episode where there where stories of Unas in the ancient pyramids. So that would make it not so long ago. Certainally not millions of years ago when the ancients left. Someone place help me get my sense of the timeline in order.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyE
          I heard someone mention that Atlantis may be able to detect and might have defenses against Goa'uld Tech. I guess I am a little confused on the timeline though. Did not Atlantis leave the Milky way before the Goa'uld came into the picture (millions of years ago) My impression was the the Goauld only came into the picture after they returned/escaped from the Pegasus Galaxy and dominated earth in the last several thousand years long after the ancients were gone. In that case Atlantis the city would have not info on Goa'uld tech to detect or render it ineffective. Are the Goauld race millions of years old? Also suprising that their weapons have not evolved in all that time. I would expect the the weapons and tech that they use today to be completely different from what they might have used in "Ancienttimes".
          Also, I am wondering if in fact the Goa'uld did interact with the Ancients that it might be possible that there is an ancient that has been taken over by a Goauld as a host. That would be interesting. It it would be a way to make contact with a "living" ancient and learn some things. And where/when did the Unas come in? The first host of the Goauld, but recall an episode where there where stories of Unas in the ancient pyramids. So that would make it not so long ago. Certainally not millions of years ago when the ancients left. Someone place help me get my sense of the timeline in order.
          Everyone asumes the Ancients left because of a virus, the word "virus" ahs never been mentioned, the Ancients left because of a PLAGUE. A plague of locusts isn't a virus, but it's still a plague, maybe they left because of the Goa'uld? It could've actually been "The Ancients moved on from this region of space long ago, they were being wiped out by a plague of Goa'uld".

The thing about the Goa'uld taking an Ancient as a host, I personally think (and have been arguing on GW forums ) that Anubis IS an ancient, hence S6-8
          Spoiler:
          the fact he's half-ascended. Being the oldest Goa'uld he couldda taken over an Ancient and when he was dying learnt to ascend, but also learnt a lot about Ancient tech and built all his ships and everything like theirs. That could also be how he knows about the Ancient repository of knowledge

That's my $0.02!!!

Comment

They are trying to seperate the univrses as much as possible.

Thats why there are no ZATs.

There are 5 other topics on this.

Someone close this.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by KokiriChild
              Everyone asumes the Ancients left because of a virus, the word "virus" ahs never been mentioned, the Ancients left because of a PLAGUE. A plague of locusts isn't a virus, but it's still a plague, maybe they left because of the Goa'uld? It could've actually been "The Ancients moved on from this region of space long ago, they were being wiped out by a plague of Goa'uld".

The thing about the Goa'uld taking an Ancient as a host, I personally think (and have been arguing on GW forums ) that Anubis IS an ancient, hence S6-8
              Spoiler:
              the fact he's half-ascended. Being the oldest Goa'uld he couldda taken over an Ancient and when he was dying learnt to ascend, but also learnt a lot about Ancient tech and built all his ships and everything like theirs. That could also be how he knows about the Ancient repository of knowledge

That's my $0.02!!!
              Well between the Locusts, the Goa'uld, and the Wraith...no wonder the Ancients ascended!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Sorry to be rude arrogant, a dick, a prick, a *****, w\e!

Seriously, there are 4 other topics (minimum) on this subject.

Look here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=zats+atlantis

Here's the search link: http://forum.gateworld.net/search.php?searchid=57194

Knock yourself out.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

ok one quick zat question..if you "zatted" the Earth would it discintegrate??? lol
                  O'neil: speaking of Anubis' secret base, did you find any cool weapons?
                  Carter:.....no.....
                  O'neil: NUTS!

Comment

Working...
                  X