X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Episode Looks Awesome!!! [Spoilers for Before I Sleep]

BEFORE I SLEEP
    A woman is found in suspended animation in Atlantis, and the team is shocked to see that it is Dr. Weir herself, who tells them of her trip 10,000 years into the city's past.

That'll be interesting... can't wait to see what happens!!!
    Maybe we'll see the Ancients themselves, before Atlantis is submerged?
    Or maybe she'll actually be the one to give them the idea to submerge the city during the final Wraith attack?
    The possibilities seem endless...
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

bah...time travel

Comment

Time travel is a dodgy thing. This could be the best episode(s) of Atlantis or it could be the worst, more likely than not it will be done badly as it has been on most other scifi shows but I am hoping its going to be one of the best episodes of season 1.
      Wier: Nice work Rodney!
      McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
      Wier: Yes, several times....
      [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

I don't get it...what happens to the Weir "now" when they find the "old" weir?
        Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
        O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

Originally posted by hail_jack
          i dont know, their pretty crazy, i bet they will just leave her on a planet and keep the new weir because she knows more

"The Battle to defeat Sin will be hard, prepare yourselves"

Comment

Originally posted by hail_jack
            It's not even worth thinking about. IMO, time travel episodes are pathetic cop outs where the writers don't have any new, original ideas for a good solid plot. Time travel is what made Enterprise suck so bad, IMO. Hey, we have no clue what to write, so let's create aliens that never existed in the ST universe before, create a stupid, implausible temporal cold war, and blow the hella outta Earth and then throw in Nazis to make the timeline "Okay" again!

If Atlantis starts doing that crap, forget, I won't watch it ever again. I hate time travel episodes. Such a waste of time and effort. Sorry for ranting, but I seriously hate these episodes just as much as I do the "flashback" episodes....complete wastes.

Comment

But this ep may tell some interesting history about Atlantis and the Ancients

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                But this ep may tell some interesting history about Atlantis and the Ancients
                Yea. I think that's what they're going for here. They said she somehow went back over 10,000 years. Isn't that close to when the city was sumberged? We'll even probably be able to see hundreds of Ancients running around Atlantis or something crazy like that. Like I said before, maybe they will actually be fighting against the Wraith with the city's weapons, and she will actually be the one give them the idea of submerging the city before it is destroyed. Or not. But anyway, well-done time travel episodes are awesome IMO, and other than SG-1's 1969 (which I loved), how often have we really seen this happen before? I think this gonna be great no matter what happens.
                There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

The Weir of today will have to go back in time because otherwise the Weir in the time travel device wouldn't exist. I sooo hope they do this well, if they do it could be really good.

Comment

Personally I think that this episode will be GREAT!

For one specific reason:
                    Spoiler:
                    WE GET TO SEE ATLANTIS AT IT'S PRIME AND WE SEE THE ANCIENTS AND THE ANCIENT COUNCIL!!! YESSS!!!!
                    sigpic
                    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Don't forget that the atlantis vrew itself wont do time traveling. They will stay in reality. They will just find a time- traveller
                      "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                        Don't forget that the atlantis vrew itself wont do time traveling. They will stay in reality. They will just find a time- traveller
                        ...who will explain (via flashbacks) exactly what happened to her.
                        We'll probably be seeing most of it from her point of view anyway.
                        So for all intents and purposes, we will have travelled back in time with her.

Comment

I think this will rock, as we'll get to see Atlantis at full power under attack, and thusly the Ancients defending it. We'll see all the ship bays and weapons that the Atlantis team haven't discovered yet. If done even half-decently it will be amazing...
                          *drools at the thought of several Wraith hiveships assaulting Atlantis with Glowey Jellyfish Of Doom flying around everywhere*

Comment

Time Travel sux, but it will be nice too see the Ancients in action.

Comment

Originally posted by TST
                              I think this will rock, as we'll get to see Atlantis at full power under attack, and thusly the Ancients defending it. We'll see all the ship bays and weapons that the Atlantis team haven't discovered yet. If done even half-decently it will be amazing...
                              *drools at the thought of several Wraith hiveships assaulting Atlantis with Glowey Jellyfish Of Doom flying around everywhere*
                              Whoa, hold on.
                              Don't get too excited just yet, guys.
                              I said that was just what I HOPE we will be seeing. And it very well may be.
                              Or it might not be anything like that at all. Just wait and see what they decide.
                              Remember, until they confirm some of his stuff, it's all just hopeful speculation.
                              Last edited by puddlejumper747; 04 September 2004, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X