This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we need an age of mythology?

So many fans would like to see old and new races. I thought about that the writers should speak in the third series about a time before the Goa'uld began to rule the galaxy, where were lot of races, new human races settled on different planets, the Ancients appeared as gods or sent avatars etc. They could make nice stories about the Great Alliance or introduce new races (Titans ) with mythology references (for example genetic research to create better Goa'uld hosts = monsters etc.) Now the Goa'uld died, so it is time to return hidden or minor races with peaceful or agressive plans. This way the new series can be more "scifi" and we could get some answer for our question. What is the connection between the Roman Empire and the Ancients? Why was Avalon completly forgotten in the galaxy? Where are Arthur and his knights? How many alien races visited Earth? What happened with the minor races? It's time to open Pandora's box with the arriving of the Ori.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    So many fans would like to see old and new races. I thought about that the writers should speak in the third series about a time before the Goa'uld began to rule the galaxy, where were lot of races, new human races settled on different planets, the Ancients appeared as gods or sent avatars etc. They could make nice stories about the Great Alliance or introduce new races (Titans ) with mythology references (for example genetic research to create better Goa'uld hosts = monsters etc.) Now the Goa'uld died, so it is time to return hidden or minor races with peaceful or agressive plans. This way the new series can be more "scifi" and we could get some answer for our question. What is the connection between the Roman Empire and the Ancients? Why was Avalon completly forgotten in the galaxy? Where are Arthur and his knights? How many alien races visited Earth? What happened with the minor races? It's time to open Pandora's box with the arriving of the Ori.
    or the war between the ancients and ori
    sigpic
    Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
      or the war between the ancients and ori
      i don't think there was a war, i think the ancients left to avoid a war...though i can't remember i may be wrong
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I think they left out of pursuing a different goal, that's all. The War has only started over the past few years.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

One of the primary attractions of Stargate is that it is set in the here and now. That's at the core of the franchise, and it would be a mistake for the writers to try to get away from that.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter View Post
            One of the primary attractions of Stargate is that it is set in the here and now. That's at the core of the franchise, and it would be a mistake for the writers to try to get away from that.
            Yes, I know. Earlier the stargate seasons had so many races with earth based mytholgy. Later they disappeared completly. I knew that Jonathan Glassner left the show after season3, but it would be a great time to build on his legacy. The CGI worlds or non humanoid lifeforms are expensive, but there were nice races, who should return or at least mention them.
            Last edited by Platschu; 07 January 2007, 11:23 PM.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I hope really alien races are introduced as well based on mythology but I doubt they will base an entire series on the past. Maybe an episode or so but not an entire series.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

i hope no more serie`s abuot the ancients im dom whit tham
                sorry cant spell

Comment

The Ancients already have the Atlantis series, they shouldn't have anymore.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Just to let you know that Goa'uld System Lord, Cronus, in mythology was a titan. So Titans have been mixed in with Goa'uld mythos.

: Green is Good.
                    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

I agree. Could partly explain why SG1 Season 10 fared poorly. It's time myths of other cultures be explored. Move on from the Western stuff like Camelot, Ancient Greece and Atlantis. Atlantis has its own series already anyway. Myths like those of ancient India, China, Maya, the Aztecs, etc..

The Ori storyline is interesting, but it's hard to connect and the writers have to make it up as they go along, rather than having some reference to rely on.

Comment

I like it when a story has links to our history
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:
                        Forum Charmer
                        Forum Ambassador
                        Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Yes, I would like that in the new tv series is based in ancient mythology, the new vallains inspired for example ancient roman gods, mesopotamian gods, mayans gods or aztec gods... for me it's very interesting. I love SG1 and SGA by that.
                          Nile

Comment

Maybe the Ancients can explain the deal with the Nazca Lines.
                            sigpic

Comment

I always wanted to see "Beowulf" as a arc. If they used King Arthur which is not real, why not Beowulf?

incase you dont know the story look here
                              Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                              X