This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis in HD on Universal HD

I'm watching Rising part 1 on Universal HD... and damn does it look good. The edits still annoy me, though. In fact, they annoy me more when seeing it in such visual splendor that I'm not seeing it complete.
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Just me, eh? So alone... so alone...
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I don't have a HD tv, but apparently they have one while watching for the commentaries. They talk quite a bit about the problems with filming in HD. What about the edits annoy you exactly?

Cheers!
      Em
      Emerald
      ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
      I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post
        I don't have a HD tv, but apparently they have one while watching for the commentaries. They talk quite a bit about the problems with filming in HD. What about the edits annoy you exactly?

Cheers!
        Em
        Well, it's the edited 2 part version of Rising. There are scenes missing from this version that appear only in the 2 hour version. It's annoying knowing that I'm not seeing the whole episode.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
          Well, it's the edited 2 part version of Rising. There are scenes missing from this version that appear only in the 2 hour version. It's annoying knowing that I'm not seeing the whole episode.
          I wonder why they would take things out of it. That kind of stinks. What stuff is missing? I can't imagine what could be taken out of that and have it still be cohesive...

Cheers!
          Em
          Emerald

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post
            I wonder why they would take things out of it. That kind of stinks. What stuff is missing? I can't imagine what could be taken out of that and have it still be cohesive...

Cheers!
            Em
            Well, you know how there's a sequence from where Jack says to Weir "You want him, you ask him" and she responds "That's the thing General, I already have"? Well, the whole sequence: Jack talking to Sheppard in he copter about how he's insane if he doesn't want to go, and all the expedition saying goodbye to their families... gone. It goes right from Weir saying she's already asked Sheppard right to them all in the SGC preparing to leave.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
              Well, you know how there's a sequence from where Jack says to Weir "You want him, you ask him" and she responds "That's the thing General, I already have"? Well, the whole sequence: Jack talking to Sheppard in he copter about how he's insane if he doesn't want to go, and all the expedition saying goodbye to their families... gone. It goes right from Weir saying she's already asked Sheppard right to them all in the SGC preparing to leave.
              Interesting. In the commentaries, the director mentions that he thinks maybe the "goodbye" montage might have given away too much. I have to admit, I found the conversation with O'Neill in the helicopter a bit weird. Still, it is hard to imagine the show without it, knowing it was there... :\
              Emerald

Comment

They left that out?!?

I love that scene! Personally...

Anyway, I also get irked by such things. Like the time I was watching a 2:00 am showing of Rising on Fox and they left out the line where Ford says "Hurts like hell, sir."

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles View Post
                  They left that out?!?

I love that scene! Personally...

Anyway, I also get irked by such things. Like the time I was watching a 2:00 am showing of Rising on Fox and they left out the line where Ford says "Hurts like hell, sir."
                  Yes, that was cut too. The whole exchange between Ford and Sheppard in front of the Gate is gone. It's the same edit as the one you saw on Fox, except it's in HD.
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Okay wait. I'm confused. Which has scenes cut from it? The actual episodes in the box set? Or the way it aired on TV? Or is it something else? I'm so lost!
                    Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

The syndication version had the cuts; the DVD versions are the complete, first-run episodes.

Comment

Okay! Gotcha! I haven't seen the Rising in syndi so I had no clue it had been cut.
                        Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Working...
                        X