This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Atlantis have ring technology?

We have not seen the use of the ancient ring technology in Atlantis; shouldn't Atlantis possess rings. After all there were rings at the ancient outpost in Antarctica.

Maybe the Daedalus should try to lock with its rings at Atlantis and see what happens.
    sigpic

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...gs+in+Atlantis

Comment

no but it does have beaming tech
      sigpic
      Sig For Me!

Comment

I'm guess that if you lock on atlantis with the rings you will appear in one of the elevator things....

Comment

elevator/transport chamers are basd on ring tech ore the way arnound i think
          sorry cant spell

Comment

I suppose that Atlantis does not have rings because this transport chambers Atlantis has are maybe an improved version of the ring technology.

Comment

it has rings... Their just inoperable, unusuable, unfindable... well alright it might not have rings... but it has the tech.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

As many have said, the transporter rooms are a form of rings. They use the same sort of technology, just more advanced. It would be interesting to see if the daedalus could use its rings to transport something into one of the transporter rooms!

I wonder if this is where the asgard got their beaming tech from. The ancients could have shared it with them and then left for Pegasus. Then the asgard had thousands of years to develop it further into ehat we see today.
                sigpic
                By *E*K*R*

Comment

I think they ditched the rings after all:
                  Spoiler:
                  The Alanteans(Ancients/Alterans) Beamed themself into Atlantis when they came back home
                  Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                  Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                  new enemy of the Ori
                  At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

the Lanteans where on the Daedalus which has the asgard beaming tech cos the Lantean ships hyper drive is broke so they went on the Daedalus and maybe the rings where for outposts and outside instead of a box and then Goa'uld just used the outdoor ones as the basis for all their ring technology

Adamus

Comment

Originally posted by Adamus View Post
                      the Lanteans where on the Daedalus which has the asgard beaming tech cos the Lantean ships hyper drive is broke so they went on the Daedalus and maybe the rings where for outposts and outside instead of a box and then Goa'uld just used the outdoor ones as the basis for all their ring technology
                      I thought that they brought it with them in hyperspace but I guess it's not possible.
                      Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                      Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                      new enemy of the Ori
                      At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                        I wonder if this is where the asgard got their beaming tech from. The ancients could have shared it with them and then left for Pegasus. Then the asgard had thousands of years to develop it further into ehat we see today.
                        The Asgard created the Beaming technology by themselves. The Asgard can create an advanced technology by themselves, they don't need the Ancients for everything
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:
                        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                        Forum Charmer
                        Forum Ambassador
                        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Likely, why use rings when you can beam anyway?
                          Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                          Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                          Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                          Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                          You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                          Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                          One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                          You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                          The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                          www.7-scales.co.uk
                          http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

They probably inergrated the ring technology into the construction of Atlantis so that inside the shafts their are panels which would usually be rings that then beam people up and down the city.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:
                            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                            Forum Charmer
                            Forum Ambassador
                            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

then why did the antarctic outpost even have rings? Didn't the outpost use to lay under atlantis? (rising part 1)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X