PDA

View Full Version : Your own Heroes Power

Kirath
January 1st, 2007, 08:19 PM
If you were a character in Heroes what would your power be? one catch. Since powers in Heroes appear to be unique it can't be a power mentioned seen in the show or leaked in spoilers.

Cap116
January 1st, 2007, 09:43 PM
I would have the ability to change my density. I could make myself very dense and heavy, which I could be strong and near invulernable. Or I could make myself really light, and riding the wind when it blows making it look like I could fly. Sort of the best of two worlds. I don't think they have mentioned anything like that yet.

Gregorius
January 2nd, 2007, 12:20 PM
Reality warping :p

Doze
January 2nd, 2007, 12:23 PM
Reality warping :pI Already have that one.

I like my world, its very nice here. :cool:

The Ori
January 2nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
Psychokinesis, hands down!!

Thats more or less got everything! Except for the strength and time stuff, but you can stop a bullet right in front of you you can levetate your to the point where you can fly! And so much more! Its even better then Telekinesis!

Gregorius
January 2nd, 2007, 01:47 PM
Psychokinesis, hands down!!

Thats more or less got everything! Except for the strength and time stuff, but you can stop a bullet right in front of you you can levetate your to the point where you can fly! And so much more! Its even better then Telekinesis!

Not to ruin your fun but Psychokinesis is a synonyme for Telekinesis. As for wanting to have every power: Get Reality Warping, and you can do whatever you wish. :p

twiggy
January 2nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
i would probably be a shape shifter, or a reality warper... ;)

Prior Daniel
January 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
i would like to be able to read minds it would make life so much easier

Elitenova
January 2nd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Super speed and metalergical power.

2ndgenerationalteran
January 3rd, 2007, 01:23 AM
i say dual powers:
-full control over implosive and explosive forces (continuous mini explosions or implosions can make you and other stuff fly)

or

-control over fire (heat, size, intensity, create it and sustane it without a fuel source) and be heat resistant. (just think up a firestorm, from there you have explosive and implosive forces again)

and

-increased inteligence (like charlie, or sylar)

or

-spontaneous regeneration

and either combination and i'd be very happy, but if i had to choose inteligence and fire control.

The Ori
January 3rd, 2007, 05:09 AM
Yeh but Psychokinesis although is another word for Telekinesis, PsychoKinesis has a bit more than Telekinesis. Although Reality warper sounds good. I'd stop time and take everything like 60inch HDTV's Blu-Ray players, PS3's, iPods and all that stuff, hahahahahahahah, I will kil you!!

Gregorius
January 3rd, 2007, 06:40 AM
Yeh but Psychokinesis although is another word for Telekinesis, PsychoKinesis has a bit more than Telekinesis. Although Reality warper sounds good. I'd stop time and take everything like 60inch HDTV's Blu-Ray players, PS3's, iPods and all that stuff, hahahahahahahah, I will kil you!!

As I said, reality warping the the best power to have :p You can simply shape reality in a way that you have (or make it appear that you have) all other powers *grins*

Neorapsta
January 4th, 2007, 05:38 AM
Yeah, though it should be best to keep them realistic-ish like in the show. Rather than remaking reality as that just gets a bit silly.

PS. Psychokinesis is Telekenesis or vice versa: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telekenesis

Gregorius
January 4th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah, though it should be best to keep them realistic-ish like in the show. Rather than remaking reality as that just gets a bit silly.

Reality warping is about as silly as bending the space time continuum, which basicly is space/time warping :p

But if Reality warping isn't allowed, I'd pick the ability to adapt to anything. (Example #1: You get mortally wounded and suddenly aquire spontanous regeneration. Example #2: You really need to get somewhere but you're running late and suddenly you either have superspeed or time slows down around you. Example #3: Getting telekinesis when you need to grab something that's beyond your reach)

The Ori
January 4th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Yeh one thing I like about Heroes is tjat these powers have come from evolution and not sum mystical space crap!!

But I very much doubt that through evolution you would be able to change time or stuff like that, Claires powers maybe Nathan powers maybe but not Hiro's!

Gregorius
January 4th, 2007, 01:52 PM
But I very much doubt that through evolution you would be able to change time or stuff like that, Claires powers maybe Nathan powers maybe but not Hiro's!

Actually there is nothing in the current laws of physics that make Hiro's power impossible. Furthermore, reality warping should be possible as well, granted not on a very large scale, if you have the ability to manipulate energy (and thus matter as well).

Remember, we're talking about the human mind and brain which is something we know very little about :)

Arctic Goddess
January 4th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I would like to be like Q from Star Trek.

Omnipotent!!!

gatelover12
January 5th, 2007, 02:32 PM
The power to find and control others with powers. I can't do whatever I want, but I can send an easily replaceable pawn to do it for me.

The Prophet
January 5th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Hmmmm, not watched Heroes yet (have to wait until Feb for the UK), but I've read the summeries, so something like...

Control over Forces:
Such as Gravity, Could Levitate, Fly, make other's weighed down. Also, it would be a lot like Super-stregnth, just increase the push given off by a single flick into that given off by a 100mph car hitting you. Also, a lot like Invurnerability, anything that hits me could be reduced to nothing. Plus many other things, I just can't think of them... :D

Reality Warping's Cheating! :P :D

_WraithQueen_
January 5th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Invisibility

That or control of fire.

Can i have both? :P

2ndgenerationalteran
January 5th, 2007, 11:23 PM
thinking about it fire control is the coolest, like Pyro from Xmen plus some. but explosive and implosive forces is unique so i'll stand by it. just think blowing up a bunch of stuff, or imploding them, no door would stand in your way... continuos explosions or implosions let you fly or propel your self forward. Obviously extremely offensive and useful.

The Ori
January 6th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Actually there is nothing in the current laws of physics that make Hiro's power impossible. Furthermore, reality warping should be possible as well, granted not on a very large scale, if you have the ability to manipulate energy (and thus matter as well).

Remember, we're talking about the human mind and brain which is something we know very little about :)

Wow, Gregorious your killing me!

But althoigh reality warping sounds good, Psychokinesis is still gud enuff for me, I swear to you I'd be a villian!

Gregorius
January 6th, 2007, 11:58 AM
But althoigh reality warping sounds good, Psychokinesis is still gud enuff for me, I swear to you I'd be a villian!

Of course, the villians are always the best characters :p

Franklyn Blaze
January 6th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Shapeshifter, like the ones from ST: DS9.

JayShadow
January 6th, 2007, 04:44 PM
When the X-Men movies came out my friends said my mutant ability was Parallel Parking, so I've gotta stick with that.

The Ori
January 6th, 2007, 06:59 PM
You should what powers the Martian Manhunter has!!

He is a character from the DC Comics, and pretty much has everything except for time and space stuff!

aAnubiSs
January 7th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Let's see...Complete control of quarks and the likes (IE a high-end Magneto. Can affect ANYTHING from gravity, photons and so on)

or:
Shrikeify myself(moving at 1,000,000,000+c with plank-edged spikes)

BTW I see pyrokinesis as a different form of telekinesis. TK allows one to move objects and the like, but in most shows/books does not allow for the manipulation of objects as small as molecules. PK does manipulate molecules(speeds them up->increasing heat->fire)

The Ori
January 8th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Yes Psychokinesis rules!!

Xanderic
January 16th, 2007, 05:50 PM
You do know that as the brain evolves, you get more unique powers right? So eventually the Heroes will get more than one power... they can only handle one right now. Other than Sylar. But Sylar steals powers, he doesn't actually acquire them naturally.

So I'd want to be the first person with TRIPLE powers :p. I'd have:

1) Alchemy. I can turn anything into gold or silver or something valuable or whatever money I want (Paper bills included). That way I can buy whatever food I want and eat so much.

2) Increased Intelligence. Like Charlie, only five times as good. I remember everything I read AND hear AND smell AND touch AND taste.

3) Fitness. I'll be physically fit all the time. I can eat as much as I want and I'll still have a six pack and the hottest male body on the planet. Eva Longoria will have to compete with me. I'll get a whole desert to have a pic of me, while Eva only has a small part.

travis
January 16th, 2007, 11:24 PM
ok I'm not sure if witchcraft is concidered "power" but that what I want to have the know of the universe in my head to conjure, change, minipulate, mimic and etc is the ultimate power.

Morkardar
January 23rd, 2007, 11:23 PM
I've gotta say that control all forms of energy would be the coolest power. :cool:
You could control any living creature by manipulating the electrical impulses, you could control temperature, be resistent to a nuclear blast, by making the energy flow around you. You could do just about anything.

IcyNeko
January 24th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Ugh, don't Harry Potter the thread up, please. "Witchcraft" goes along the same lines as "I WANT EVERY POWAR IN TEH UNIVARSE. MOAR PLZ MOOARR".

Commander Jumper
January 24th, 2007, 03:01 PM
erm... I dunno to project myself in various places to confuse people...

Space Monkey52
January 29th, 2007, 09:41 AM
The ability to create and control fire. Think, you'll never have to pay for heating ever again. :p

Civick
January 29th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Water, to be able to control and live underwater would be really cool.

IMForeman
January 29th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Complete control over inertia of myself and things I'm in contact with. I'd be able to move in any direction at any speed I could withstand, or keep myself completely still no matter how you try and move me (that would also give me the ability to hover in mid air). I'd be able to propel objects at virtually limitless speeds, making anything I'm holding a weapon.

Yeah, that's my ability.

Giantevilhead
January 30th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Clairvoyance/remote viewing, the ability to perceive distant objects and locations with my mind. When I go on a date, I want to make sure that Dateline isn't there.

ManiacMike
January 31st, 2007, 06:58 AM
I want indestructable skin.

that or some sort of energy absorbtion.

Kingomon
February 8th, 2007, 05:40 PM
The Power of Darkness:
The Power to conjore a Dark aura to suround me, Fire balls of darkness at them, Teleport(charmed Demon shimmy), cause the shadows to hide me(Invisable), and to hold people in place with the aura surrounding them.

But before you complain about "it is more then one power" there is a draw back.

Bad effect: If I do not mediate, the power could cause me to loss control and force me to do things that are Evil.

ShadowMaat
February 8th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Shapeshifting and remote viewing would both be cool. Teleportation, just because I like to travel and that would save me a bundle on transportation costs. ;) And hey, if you can combine it with remote viewing that'd be an easy way to get over the "you have to see a place in order to jump there" hurdle. :D

Exiled Master
February 8th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Telekinesis and telepathy. I don't get to mess with people's minds often enough.
Or ice. I've always wanted to know what freezer burn looks like on live tissue.

jds1982
February 9th, 2007, 07:56 PM
I think I'd like the ability to not die, or at least if I did to come back like Ressurection man with a different power every time I died.

shovar
February 10th, 2007, 01:35 AM
I would love to have Matt's power of being able to read people's thoughts. That would save me a lot of trouble

silence
February 10th, 2007, 02:53 AM
This show has so many cool powers, that it is really hard to pick anything anymore ... maybe technopath like Micah? I like computers and to be able to interact with them like Micah would be really cool ...

I really can't pick one out ... Eden had great power ... there are so many ....

P-90_177
February 10th, 2007, 04:05 AM
Perhaps something like power over metal. (Yes I know it's x men but lets face it, half of the powers seem to be from x men. Take peter for example. His power to absorb other peoples abilities seem to be a lot like rogues.
Anyway other then that I case i'd take.............neos powers from the matrix :D

Ehecatl
July 3rd, 2007, 07:49 PM
My power would be lightning. Being able to travel as fast as it, wield, form and control it.

Schuey
July 4th, 2007, 04:35 AM
My power would be Knowledge evrything that ever was, is and will be.

Betelgeuze
July 4th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Control over energy, matter and thought.

The Signal
July 4th, 2007, 07:11 AM
To see all possible results when given multiple choices.

IcyNeko
July 4th, 2007, 10:25 AM
To make people post smarter on the Science and Technology forums.

jds1982
July 4th, 2007, 05:20 PM
To make people post smarter on the Science and Technology forums.

Fat chance, that's almost as likely as people using proper spelling and grammar on the Internet's various forums.

Gregorius
July 5th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Fat chance, that's almost as likely as people using proper spelling and grammar on the Internet's various forums.

That really depends on which forum you are. I can name several forums where the mods and other members are what would be considered nigh grammar nazzis and strictly enforce the usage of proper spelling and grammar. Granted, there are only a few of those forums but they are still there.

wise one
July 5th, 2007, 04:36 AM
to fly would be great.

IcyNeko
July 5th, 2007, 10:19 AM
That really depends on which forum you are. I can name several forums where the mods and other members are what would be considered nigh grammar nazzis and strictly enforce the usage of proper spelling and grammar. Granted, there are only a few of those forums but they are still there.

I'm in one of those forums, and they're exceptionally brutal to people who can't form coherent sentences. Minor spelling mistakes are fine. But when 50% or more of the post is misspelled, it gets messy.

And you know what? Higher quality content there than before they implemented the rule.

nekoi
July 5th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Shape shifting/metamorphasis or super stretch.

2ndgenerationalteran
July 6th, 2007, 12:17 AM
full control over friction. i can make fire and fly, well sorta.

jmw326
July 6th, 2007, 05:52 AM
The ability to absorb and manipulate electricity.

ARMS
July 12th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Based on what I am in reality:

Super speed - I live life fast and stop for nothing, always on the move, often annoyed with things that don't go fast enough.

Abstract Learning Capacity - Though not exceptionally intelligent, I do grasp complex ideas quickly and effortlessly.

MRI Eyes - I know much of biology,biochemisty, genetics etc, whenever I look at a living thing I can almost see inside it and watch it's internal mechanisms as I understand them, this ofcourse is my imagination and knowledge combined, though it'd be cool to look at someone and say 'you should really go see a doctor about that' and watch them scratch their heads :lol:

Rudy Pena
July 12th, 2007, 07:30 PM
My power would if I see a hot girl, then that girl starts to get naked with no good reason. All I have to do is point and say to myself "naked" and they start taking off their clothes.:daniel09::daniel09::daniel09:

!!??
July 12th, 2007, 08:40 PM
My power would to vaporize people just by thinking it.

Commander Jumper
July 14th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I'm changing my mind :D I'd like the ability to adapt :D you know... like OMG it's freezing outside... body produces that anti freeze stuff those fish have in theirs... or... you know fire resistant skin... gills... basically the ability to adapt when needed... but to go back to normal when I'm not in danger :D How cool would that be!!! :D

tombombadil
July 25th, 2007, 05:39 PM
The ability to jump from body to body at will. Kind of like anubis in sg1. if one of my bodies is killed while i'm in it my soul or spirit or whatever you wanna call it will live and i'll just be able to jump to a new body. (if a body dies of natural causes i will die with it)

tombombadil
July 25th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Reality warping is about as silly as bending the space time continuum, which basicly is space/time warping :p
)
Bending the space time continuum is theoretically possible, you just have to control radiation movements and/or gravity, the governing forces behind time passage. but still reality warping is an awesome power! good call you'd be able to alter the abilities of others and easily defeat sylar by turning him into a chicken.:eek: that just gave me an idea of is the ability to alter objects around you, like transmutation! but i still pick my body jumping power

Exiled Master
July 26th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Control over my body at the molecular level. I could reconstitute myself even if I were blown to smithereens. Moreover, I could kill someone and make it look like an accident.
For instance, I could use some of my sparse body fat to form a plaque in someone's brain or heart. Or I could weaken them by attacking their muscles and organs with my immune system.
All I would have to do is touch them.

tombombadil
July 26th, 2007, 03:43 PM
For instance, I could use some of my sparse body fat to form a plaque in someone's brain or heart. Or I could weaken them by attacking their muscles and organs with my immune system.
All I would have to do is touch them.
MY GOD! IF CHRIS FARLEY HAD THAT POWER WHEN HE WAS ALIVE HE COULD TAKE OVER THE WORLD!:jack_new_anime06:

tombombadil
July 26th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Water, to be able to control and live underwater would be really cool.
CONTROLING WATER WOULD BE AWESOME YOU COULD DRAIN THE WATER OUT OF ANYONE COMPLETLY DESTROYING THEM BECAUSE the human body is 75A% water!

July 27th, 2007, 07:56 AM
my power would be to percieve and control all types of matter and energy in the local vicinity in all 11 dimensions.

wise one
July 27th, 2007, 12:08 PM
i have a few

able to bend light to create objects like giant ants destroying biuldings when their holograms

but the ones i want is telekenisis

and mostly the ones superman has without the green weaknesses.

rarocks24
July 27th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Telepathy

chyron
July 27th, 2007, 07:01 PM
The ability to bend light thus creating mirages...publicly I'd be an entertainer/magician, but privately secret, super hero crimefighter.

Matt G
July 28th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Me, either shapeshifting or invisibility sounds cool. Don't need the headlines, just need to do good and hopefully have a blast doing it! ;)

chyron
July 29th, 2007, 05:37 AM
To see all possible results when given multiple choices.

Read the 'Dune' series by Frank Herbert (not the any of the prequels by his son) and you'll come to realize that prescience is not all that its cracked up to be. To know all possible futures and thus the future itself is to be condemned.

Dune
Children of Dune
Dune Messiah
God Emperor of Dune
Heretics of Dune
Chapterhouse Dune

wise one
August 3rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
the power to cloak myseld would be cool, dont need any of that power and that well cloak and teleportation, but not through time...with these powers no need to get a job just take money everyday to keep myself living.

mind reading is cool

namuras
August 3rd, 2007, 01:55 PM
I've got the power of spoileropathy. That's a power, that allows me to know all the spoilers about all the TV shows even before the producers themselves know!

HammondofTexas
August 3rd, 2007, 02:35 PM
The power of telekinesis, just to be able to lift something with my mind and throw it on someone. You could really get away with murder.

Verona
August 3rd, 2007, 04:46 PM
I would have the power to make lots and lots of money for not doing anything.(if only).
After watching the trailers the BBC show for Hero's my six year old nephew
Callum announced to the room his mums super power was farting and no one could be as loud as her.

Puddle-Jumper
August 4th, 2007, 04:51 AM
Telekenetic.............but really powerful telekenisis so I could like fling trucks at people and use my powers to fly and stuff

MartianManhunter
August 4th, 2007, 02:51 PM
The Power To Teleport Myself anywhere in the world with a thought. That way i could never be late and avoid traffic.

wise one
August 5th, 2007, 01:33 PM
the ability to feel and control human emotions

Dutch_Razor
August 5th, 2007, 02:49 PM
That's a tough question :P

Ehrm, the ability to choose a power? :P

Atlantean_Fan
August 12th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Electromagnetic manipulation. I'd like that one. Though it didn't show up in Heroes yet. Yes, I am a huge fan of Magneto.

2ndgenerationalteran
August 12th, 2007, 08:56 PM
The control of light is very interesting to touch on. It could lead to cloaks, holograms, disquising something as something else, and i guess if intesified enough could start fires, and make a laser.

August 14th, 2007, 08:45 AM
there was a girl in "Mutant X" with that exact power

ohnd
November 3rd, 2007, 11:15 PM
Regeneration, always wanted to feel whats its like to be hit by a car fully. i got hit by a car 3 times and lived (broken bones, couple of scratches etc) but like full on ran over.

or

Technopathy like Micah, that would be so cool

Klenotka
November 5th, 2007, 03:03 AM
I think fly would be great. And freeze time. Both of them and my problems to make everything in time would be solved. :D

s09119
November 5th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I'd love to see the ability to steal the powers of others. Not like Peter or Sylar, but more like Rogue from X-Men.

I'm thinking that the hero/villain could absorb the abilities of nearby heroes, but in doing so temporarily prevent said hero from using his/her ability. So basically, if this person came into contact with Claire, he/she would gain rapid cell regeneration for a short time and Claire would lose it for a short time.

fugiman
November 5th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I would being able to turn my body into pure energy, lets see someone fight that (I guess its kind of like ascending)

but I guess I would settle for healing people, I mean what could I do evil with that power plus I could heal and save so many people with it

Raven6666
November 7th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Phase/Particle manipulation:

Essentially, i'll be able to shift through phases, making myself exist where either I can't be seen and/or walk through walls. This might allow me to generate shields.
It'll also include selective shifting of particles into another phase, easiest way to kill someone would be shift them to the unliveable zone and voila (would also be extremely painful, for a while at least).
I'll be a walking+living energy weapon :ronan:(i'm also a red belt at karate, so my co-ordination is quite sharp)

However, i'll probably need a lot of food to sustain the power/metabolism, unless we were technically like the Heroes in terms of we being almost like another species, then we'll be under the threat of the "Virus".

P.S. Xanderic, First of all your Number 1 is already in the show, -> Bob
Your number 2 would be the worst, what happens if someone forces you to bathe, eat and smell 38-Day old faecal matter? You'll regret it for sure...

knowsfords
November 7th, 2007, 02:23 AM
The ability to create anything from thin air just by thinking of it.

heroesfan
November 13th, 2007, 10:41 AM
transform into anything

chyron
November 13th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I'd want the ability to see across space & time to any point in time, any location on Earth. When using my power, I would first look to the where and then to the when given that there is an infinite number of moments across time in any particular location on Earth. So when running down a corridor, I could look to see what's currently ahead as well as what will be there - or to look back in time. I think that I would also want the ability to share the vision with someone by touching them. It would work in tandem with what's his name allowing him to bend space and time to a specific point, but I myself would not be able to do that - just see whats there.

BeckettRulez
November 14th, 2007, 10:02 AM
I'd like to have the power that Charlie (I think) had. Remembering everything just after looking at it for a very short time. That would be very handy. Maybe then, I could actually remember Latin vocabulary instead of forgetting the words again.

Darkstar 2.0
November 15th, 2007, 03:38 AM
The power of man, the ability to alter any aspect of the human body, mind and or soul to make the world a better place.
although, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, in my meanderings I could end up making things worse.

I think i would be "inspiration" or a muse" to other people, with my pressence i would be able to mediate peace between implacable enemies and inspire musicians and artists all over the world,

and yes, my power is a truely selfless one, it would serve to make the world better for all, i could inspire scientists to create eco friendly fuels, inspire them to design clean energy!

tombombadil
November 17th, 2007, 04:20 PM
imaginative materialization- the ability to make object appear by thinking of them. (converts energy into matter so you don't break any laws of physics)

Lord Iceman
November 17th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I think I would like to be able to stop peoples hearts from anywhere in the world. just by thinking about it. This way I could make money betting on sports by causing the team I bet against to all have heart attacks.

tombombadil
November 18th, 2007, 09:32 AM
I think I would like to be able to stop peoples hearts from anywhere in the world. just by thinking about it. This way I could make money betting on sports by causing the team I bet against to all have heart attacks.
watch death note much :rolleyes:

adam3780
November 27th, 2007, 10:51 PM
i would have a physic link to everyone so that i could control everyone and have all the powers like sylar

or

id have the power of manipulation of electrical fieds

Madwelshboy
November 23rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
Light Manipulation:- be able to control and bend light in different ways for different results such as stun blasts, lazer blasts and invisibility.

wise one
November 23rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
the abilty to create and control fire

magneto sytle power would be just awesome

having really tough skin like superman and able to grow sharp bones coming out of my body like doomsday but still retaining the part human thing about it

RoK
November 23rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
I would personally like something like Peter's power, absorb the powers of other people. That would be cool. A downside would be that I wouldn't have complete control over the power and would have to learn and train myself.

Other than that, either pyrokinesis or Hiro's ability would be pretty cool, along with invisibility.

flameling
November 24th, 2008, 11:43 AM
I don't care that reality warping could be cheating, it would be awesome.