X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

episode I want

I want an episode

where Sam Carter comes over to Atlantis to help Mckay fix a problem that he can't solve. And there's conflict between the two scientist. and they make a bet on that the person who solve this problem, would due the person's sersant (that doesn't involve sex or something illegal, guess who put that rule). Well Sam comes up with a solution that most of the scientist call brillant and ingenious. Well all except Mckay who claims that that her idea is wrong that she going to destory something really important (or something like that), but nobody believes him. Try as he might no one believes him, as they all think that Mckay is being you know Mckays! So he goes to Sheppard asking him to trust him to believe in him, but Sheppard can't do that because he doesn't trust Mckay's opinion over Sam's. Reason why sheppard doesn't believe him over Sam is simple for once Sheppard has a choice because Sheppard knows that Mckay is the smartest person in Atlantis so there's no one else to turn to, but Sam Carter is here, the only other person who maybe smarter than him. And Mckay replies that (in all seriousness!) that is possible that Sam is smarter than him, which you know surprise Sheppard. But Mckay double backs and says on this situation she wrong. And Mckay ask Sheppard to trust him, to which Sheppard replies he can't and brings up that ask the last time he ask him to trust him, he destory 5/6 of a solar system. And Sheppard leaves a stun Mckay

That's what I came up with so far, so give me what you think. I'll write in the rest later.

Edit: just part of it link is here, hope you like it.

http://worldofguworf.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Fatewarns; 04 January 2007, 10:52 PM.

Originally posted by Fatewarns View Post
    I want an episode

where Sam Carter comes over to Atlantis to help Mckay fix a problem that he can't solve. And there's conflict between the two scientist. and they make a bet on that the person who solve this problem, would due the person's sersant (that doesn't involve sex or something illegal, guess who put that rule). Well Sam comes up with a solution that most of the scientist call brillant and ingenious. Well all except Mckay who claims that that her idea is wrong that she going to destory something really important (or something like that), but nobody believes him. Try as he might no one believes him, as they all think that Mckay is being you know Mckays! So he goes to Sheppard asking him to trust him to believe in him, but Sheppard can't do that because he doesn't trust Mckay's opinion over Sam's. Reason why sheppard doesn't believe him over Sam is simple for once Sheppard has a choice because Sheppard knows that Mckay is the smartest person in Atlantis so there's no one else to turn to, but Sam Carter is here, the only other person who maybe smarter than him. And Mckay replies that (in all seriousness!) that is possible that Sam is smarter than him, which you know surprise Sheppard. But Mckay double backs and says on this situation she wrong. And Mckay ask Sheppard to trust him, to which Sheppard replies he can't and brings up that ask the last time he ask him to trust him, he destory 5/6 of a solar system. And Sheppard leaves a stun Mckay

That's what I came up with so far, so give me what you think. I'll write in the rest later.
    Honest opinion? Doesn't appeal. But then I'm not a fan of the idea of Sam in Atlantis. And I couldn't quite work out what you meant by "would due the person's sersant" cos that makes no sense to me. Did you mean it to something about acting as the other's servant?

Overall, this sounds - especially with your comment that you'll write the rest in later - like this subject is more suited to the fanfic forum than the Season 3 discussion forum.. after all, this is not an actual episode to discuss, it's your idea for essentially a fanfic? Right?
    sigpic

Comment

i personaly dont want any sg-1 to go to atlantis just my opioin.

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ur uncle urgo View Post
        i personaly dont want any sg-1 to go to atlantis just my opioin.
        FINALLY i find someone that agrees with me when i say crossovers are usually a bad thing. Green for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel View Post
          FINALLY i find someone that agrees with me when i say crossovers are usually a bad thing. Green for you...
          Oooohhhh there are a LOT of people out there who agree with you on that front, believe you me!
          sigpic

Comment

Er... no offense, but this episode idea sounds really generic.

Comment

I agree that the episode sound really basic, but also I do not think that Sheppard would bring up (seriously that is) the whole destroying 5/6 of a galaxy. I think that the two of them already have worked out the issue of it and have already come to trust each other (Sheppard has trusted McKay many times this season when it was not necessarily clear that he should have). Also, Sheppard really has not had a reason to trust Carter over McKay as he has not had that much interaction with Carter.
              Weir: He's just a boy!
              Jinto: I am Jinto.
              Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                Oooohhhh there are a LOT of people out there who agree with you on that front, believe you me!
                Yep, theres a thread out there somewhere for it!!

sam plus Atlantis equals so wrong!!! oops!!! I'l take it to the other thread.

This does sound fanficcy, theres a thread for that too

Comment

I think a lot of people are in agreeance on the idea of relocateing of SGC personnel to Atlantis. A few guest spots here and there on each others shows and oblique references are fine with me, after all they are all run off the one world's exploration project in the same universe after all it has to be expected! What does bother me is the completely different dynamics that are working on each show with the change in writers for Atlantis and the transfer of Actors from one to the other i'm just praying it doesn't become SG:CARTER.

Comment

Originally posted by theonebluegecko View Post
                    I agree that the episode sound really basic, but also I do not think that Sheppard would bring up (seriously that is) the whole destroying 5/6 of a galaxy. I think that the two of them already have worked out the issue of it and have already come to trust each other (Sheppard has trusted McKay many times this season when it was not necessarily clear that he should have). Also, Sheppard really has not had a reason to trust Carter over McKay as he has not had that much interaction with Carter.
                    but I think the main reason why Sheppard agrees or trust in Mckays's opinion is that Sheppard knows that Mckay is the smartest dude around. so he really doesn't have a choice in the matter. I mean sure there are other scientist, but are they as smart as Mckay. I think figure out that like or not he has to trust in Mckay, because of his genius. But if there's someone smarter than Mckay or just smart than he has choice, who he pick then.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatewarns View Post
                      but I think the main reason why Sheppard agrees or trust in Mckays's opinion is that Sheppard knows that Mckay is the smartest dude around.
                      How about let's go back one step and think about how Sheppard knows that Mckay is "the smartest dude around." I can think of two reasons:
                      1. McKay's own word.
                      2. Empirical evidence -- McKay is the one who always manages to fix / come up with a solution to problems.

I think we've also seen evidence that Sheppard has figured out for himself that when McKay is not available, call Zelenka, the second smartest guy in the expedition. (See Duet and Grace Under Pressure, for example.)

So, if Sam does come to Atlantis -- then first, you have to decide whether your scenario takes place right after she arrives, or she has been there for some time, and has had a chance to interact with Sheppard. That will make a difference in how and why Sheppard decides who he trusts more, Sam or McKay. You'll also want to think carefully about the nature of the issue over which Sam and McKay disagrees.

While I can certainly see scenarios where Sheppard decides to trust Sam over McKay, I don't think the "Shep doesn't trust McKay because of Duranda" is going to work on its own. That was already over a year ago, and in Sheppard's experience, McKay's been nearly always right for more than three years except for that one instance. While he may know of Sam's impressive record with SG-1, and even have McKay's own word that Sam is as smart / smarter than himself, in order to convince readers/viewers of Sheppard deciding to trust Sam over McKay -- you need more than just that.
                      Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                      Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                      -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                        How about let's go back one step and think about how Sheppard knows that Mckay is "the smartest dude around." I can think of two reasons:
                        1. McKay's own word.
                        2. Empirical evidence -- McKay is the one who always manages to fix / come up with a solution to problems.

I think we've also seen evidence that Sheppard has figured out for himself that when McKay is not available, call Zelenka, the second smartest guy in the expedition. (See Duet and Grace Under Pressure, for example.)

So, if Sam does come to Atlantis -- then first, you have to decide whether your scenario takes place right after she arrives, or she has been there for some time, and has had a chance to interact with Sheppard. That will make a difference in how and why Sheppard decides who he trusts more, Sam or McKay. You'll also want to think carefully about the nature of the issue over which Sam and McKay disagrees.

While I can certainly see scenarios where Sheppard decides to trust Sam over McKay, I don't think the "Shep doesn't trust McKay because of Duranda" is going to work on its own. That was already over a year ago, and in Sheppard's experience, McKay's been nearly always right for more than three years except for that one instance. While he may know of Sam's impressive record with SG-1, and even have McKay's own word that Sam is as smart / smarter than himself, in order to convince readers/viewers of Sheppard deciding to trust Sam over McKay -- you need more than just that.
                        Look I'll break it down.

Sam Carter- been working with the SGC for 10-11 years, when she knows something she say it doesn't embellish, or pretend to be modest about her abilities.

Mckay- work with or on the SGR (stargate relate projects) for 6 years. he embellishes, when he doesn't know something he pretends to know what he's talking about. And HIS EGO!!!. I mean there are a number of times where Mckay becomes 'modest" about what he's capable of and magically figures it out. you get what I'm saying.
                        Last edited by Fatewarns; 02 January 2007, 10:22 PM.

Comment

how do you post fanfictions because I written part of it out.

Comment

So *you* think Sam is more trustworthy than Mckay. Fine. But Sheppard isn't you. For your story to make sense, you must convince the readers why *Sheppard* might find Sam more trustworthy than McKay -- you can't just take your opinions about Sam vs McKay and transplant that into Sheppard's head. For instance, you bring up that Sam has spent longer in the Stargate program than Mckay. Yes, that's a fact. Now, why would Sheppard care about that? From what I know of Sheppard in the show, he's all about results, not a person's records. Or, you mention McKay's arrogance and ego. Then perhaps you could write a scene showing Sheppard working with Sam and being pleasantly surprised by how nice it is to work with someone, who's, well... nice.

You just have to lay down some groundwork for Sheppard trusting Sam over McKay, is all I'm saying. Because to Sheppard McKay is someone who he's worked with closely for over three years, one of the people he's admitted he considers his family. Sam, he doesn't really know -- he may have read all the SGC reports, might admire all that she has accomplished, but the kind of personal trust you have McKay asking Sheppard for in your scenario -- that's not going to go out the window just because Sam's worked at the SGC longer than McKay.
                            Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                            Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                            -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                              So *you* think Sam is more trustworthy than Mckay. Fine. But Sheppard isn't you. For your story to make sense, you must convince the readers why *Sheppard* might find Sam more trustworthy than McKay -- you can't just take your opinions about Sam vs McKay and transplant that into Sheppard's head. For instance, you bring up that Sam has spent longer in the Stargate program than Mckay. Yes, that's a fact. Now, why would Sheppard care about that? From what I know of Sheppard in the show, he's all about results, not a person's records. Or, you mention McKay's arrogance and ego. Then perhaps you could write a scene showing Sheppard working with Sam and being pleasantly surprised by how nice it is to work with someone, who's, well... nice.

You just have to lay down some groundwork for Sheppard trusting Sam over McKay, is all I'm saying. Because to Sheppard McKay is someone who he's worked with closely for over three years, one of the people he's admitted he considers his family. Sam, he doesn't really know -- he may have read all the SGC reports, might admire all that she has accomplished, but the kind of personal trust you have McKay asking Sheppard for in your scenario -- that's not going to go out the window just because Sam's worked at the SGC longer than McKay.
                              Ok that's good advice, I will do that thank you. But I wondering where do you post the fanfictions?
                              can I post it here
                              Last edited by Fatewarns; 03 January 2007, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X