Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Asuran convert normal human into nanites base lifeform?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Asuran convert normal human into nanites base lifeform?

One of the difference between Replicator and Asuran is the material required for their replication.

The Repliator require metal , SG1 took aways all the metal material in Reeese's room to prevent her from making Replicator block,Thor mention the Replicator are as advance as what they eat.
    Replicator require "Neutronium"(advance Asgard material) to build Humanoid Replicator.

The Asuran can use organic material to replicate Asuran nanites.Like when they infected Dr Weir .If they did not slow the nanites with Wraith cell.Dr Weit could turn into a host and a new Asuran could come out of her body.

Wraith tech is organic base, probably why Asuran was design to use organic material for replication.

But what if the Asuran take another path in their war strategy,assimilate human and turn them into one of their own.Like the Borg of Star Trek.
    The new Asuran take the memory and appearance of their organic human host.It is not that hard, Fifth use memory sacn of Sam to create RepliCarter.
    RepliCarter Identify herself both as Replicator and Sam, Her combine nature make her a bit different , she kill Fifth,but also betray Sam.

It could be a great story , if some one from SGA team like minor character or like an important character who will disappear for unknow reason ,return as nanites base lifeform.And he or she struggle to decide where his /her loyality lie.

Or Asuran could convert all the human they could find , and the SGA must stop them

I guess the way that they could convert i they just copied their consciousness and then put it a human body like the asgards do. Well I guess that isnt really converting but that is the only way i think it would work.
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

maybe
      Spoiler:
      thats what happens to Doc.

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Yes it can be done. A human is infected by a nanite virus, the nanites multipily in the body consuming and converting the raw materials to make these nanites until the body is basically another replicater.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

I wonder if there is another metallic components in a human body to make a whole replicator though, there is probably lots of iron and smaller trace amounts of other metals, but is there enough to make decent alloys?

You wouldn't want a replicator made out of iron though it would rust

Which brings the question what are they made of? Human form replicators in the milky way were made of neutronium, wonder if the Asurans are made of the same stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by dss202529 View Post
            I wonder if there is another metallic components in a human body to make a whole replicator though, there is probably lots of iron and smaller trace amounts of other metals, but is there enough to make decent alloys?

Which brings the question what are they made of? Human form replicators in the milky way were made of neutronium, wonder if the Asurans are made of the same stuff?
            once you start messing with nanites at that level you could re-combine any matter into any element you wanted to. It could work..

I was watching a Doco a few years ago about a machine that scientists made on earth that (for the lack of a better word) grabbed atoms and moved them into different places. It was basically a universal generator, probelm was it was rather slow and it would literally take hundreds of years to make even the smallest things.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel View Post
              once you start messing with nanites at that level you could re-combine any matter into any element you wanted to. It could work..

I was watching a Doco a few years ago about a machine that scientists made on earth that (for the lack of a better word) grabbed atoms and moved them into different places. It was basically a universal generator, probelm was it was rather slow and it would literally take hundreds of years to make even the smallest things.
              THE FIRST REPLICATORS (Star Trek Replicators)!!!!!

If they could do that over a large scale, and use a carrier beam/wave to move every atom in a body at once, then we would have a transporter!

Comment

I didn't think you could move atoms around, wouldn't the heisenberg uncertainty principle come into play?

Comment

In a past episode of SG-1 the replicaters were in a sub, and all though Iron rusts they still created more of themselves made of Iron. So I wouldn't put it past the asurans not to se the iron.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                  President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                    Yes it can be done. A human is infected by a nanite virus, the nanites multipily in the body consuming and converting the raw materials to make these nanites until the body is basically another replicater.
                    I would like to say one thing, i think this idea was stollen from Genesis because that is exactly what the bolaka do. They are our versions of the great plague and they infect you with Nanites and take over your host and use it as a host to produce the materials in order to make more of themselves, stripping you down to the bare essentials needed to survive, and using all the rest to replicate. The only dfference is that you dont die you are a host but all the materials eg things you eat are make in to new bolaka cells which eventuallys replace all the cells in your body until you become purely bolaka..
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

a few weeks back i read a article that scientist had made the first nanobot it could move around for about 40min.

but nanobots will be able to move around atoms much easyer then any other machine by altering the atomic structure they can make anything just like the replicators.

Comment

I didn't think you could move atoms around, wouldn't the heisenberg uncertainty principle come into play?

Back in 1989 in california, an IBM owned lab for the first time managed to arrange 35 individual xenon atoms into the letters I-B-M.

Uncertainty only arises when you look at particles on the scale of electrons.

In SG! though we've been told by the Tollens (way back in the day) the they also were mistaken and beleived in a principle similar to heisenbergs- implying, or flat out saying, it's wrong (in the sg1 universe.. hehe..).

Comment

I'd say yes. If a person's mind can be downloaded into a computer (Entity, I think it was. got infected with an AI) then Human-Asuran conversion is totally possible. I think it would just be far more comfortable to be downloaded into an Asuran, instead of getting the virus.
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                            I'd say yes. If a person's mind can be downloaded into a computer (Entity, I think it was. got infected with an AI) then Human-Asuran conversion is totally possible. I think it would just be far more comfortable to be downloaded into an Asuran, instead of getting the virus.
                            yes it is easier to transfer into a new a nanitebase bodies,but then Are you still you or you are just a program to think you are the original person.

What is the different between a transfer and a copy?Not much except there is still a original copy in the original location.
                            Why cure a person with cancer if you can clone a healthy person of of him and implant all the memories.

Is there a different between cloning a person while he is alive and cloning him after the moment he die.Not much in science but in the human world it is a lot ,it is difference of a soul.

In human world, copy is not the same as a transfer , and if your original is intact , then there is still a hope of return back to your old self.
                            If we want real drama ,and real identities crisis, you don't destory the body , but alter the bodies.

RepliCarter is not Sam because Sam is still alive as a seprate entity.
                            But if your body is alter and completely different to your original form ,and you have the memories of what you were

Comment

The whole process would be like something in Ghost in the Shell. Cyberbrains (human brains with Internet capabilities) can be kept in the original bodies (Togusa) or implanted into a cyborg (Major Kusanagi and Batou)
                              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                              Caboose: They could be worse?
                              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                              X