Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin Gero and Carl Binder's role for season 4(possible spoilers for seasons 3 & 4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Gero and Carl Binder's role for season 4(possible spoilers for seasons 3 & 4)

I was just reading the latest interview with David and I was shocked to see that Joe and Paul will be taking the reigns next year for SGA. I don't know what that means for Martin Gero and his role in what direction SGA takes next year. I'm hoping that means he at least is still writing or at least having input in how the characters are written because he understands them the best. Does anyone have anymore information on this?

Originally posted by Shonaille View Post
    I was just reading the latest interview with David and I was shocked to see that Joe and Paul will be taking the reigns next year for SGA. I don't know what that means for Martin Gero and his role in what direction SGA takes next year. I'm hoping that means he at least is still writing or at least having input in how the characters are written because he understands them the best. Does anyone have anymore information on this?
    I believe that Joe and Paul are "taking the reins" as in taking over the executive producer functions currently performed by Brad Wright and Robert Cooper - as those two will be focusing more on the SG1 movies. I am assuming that Martin and Carl will continue to contribute as they have done.. I think they are moving some of the SG1 writing team over to SGA (*sigh*) as Ken Cuperus has said he will most likely now not be involved in Season 4 as he's one of the newer writers and there isn't room for everybody so it's kinda "last in, first out".
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      I believe that Joe and Paul are "taking the reins" as in taking over the executive producer functions currently performed by Brad Wright and Robert Cooper - as those two will be focusing more on the SG1 movies. I am assuming that Martin and Carl will continue to contribute as they have done.. I think they are moving some of the SG1 writing team over to SGA (*sigh*) as Ken Cuperus has said he will most likely now not be involved in Season 4 as he's one of the newer writers and there isn't room for everybody so it's kinda "last in, first out".
      Gah, that sucks so much, I love Ken's writing, especially how he writes Shep. I'm happy to hear about Gero and Binder and I do enjoy Damian Kindler's work but otherwise, not so much. I suppose this explains why Carter will be involved even though I'm hoping it's a guest spot kind of thing as I am still hoping for Atlantis to be cut off from Earth again. Thanks for the info Alipeeps, it is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Weren't Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie Exec Producers during Season 2? Seems to me we survived that, so I'm hoping we'd be okay. I do agree it sucks they aren't keeping Ken, and I'd prefer to have someone other than M&M in charge, but, oh well...
        Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
        Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
        -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          yeah, that's how it seems. I must admit that M&M have done some good work, but they've also written some of the worst episodes of both shows I'd rather that Wright and Cooper stay on SGA, and let M&M go do the movies, but that's just not happening, so we'll lose out on writers like Ken C who actually wrote one of the best episodes of SGA, and get stuck with teh folks who retreaded their own SG1 script into "irrresponsible." BLECH.

Comment

Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie were responsible for "The Tower", voted worst episode in Stargate Atlantis history. Carl Binder also had a hand in "Irresistible". Joseph and Paul wrote "Irresponsible".

No matter what you think of these episodes, you have to admit they've been responsible for some of the most controversial episodes in Atlantis-history.

Let's just hope they don't dish out a lot more episodes where women are just nice props or objects of sex per season than they already do.

Comment

I'd love to see Martin Gero and Carl Binder write a story together. That could be awesome (assuming they'd like to work together).

I'm saddened to hear that they're losing Ken Cuperus. That's a loss to the series in my opinion.

I sending good wishes to Mallozzi and Mullie and hope they step up to the plate. Best of luck guys and wishing the creative gods shine upon you. I hope they get to enjoy the role. It's a lot of pressure taking the reins of a show like this. Even one so heavily produced. I do have a reservation but that is solely because of one event in Irresponsible. I can handle "not so great eps" like The Tower, and Irresponsible, because they've also written some of the best ones, Window of Opportunity, Siege 2 (though I think more people were involved in the Siege Triology but who didn't get into the credits, right?). And seriously, Irresponsible would've been much better for me if it lacked one particular scene (that one scene marred the whole ep for me). There are also plenty of other eps from SG1 that I've liked that they've written, Scorced Earth, Prodigy come to mind right now and then there's some I'm ambivalent about. I can handle that. Not every episode is going to be great and many other factors are involved in making the final product.

It's just that one event in Irresponsible that has me reserved (those of you that have seen it will know what I mean). I mean, someone had to sit down and say, lets do this, and someone had to approve it (surely). It is the only moment in 12+ years worth of stargate that has me saying, WTF over and over again. I can't believe they did it. To me it showed a lack of foresight and that has me somewhat concerned, but maybe it wasn't their decision. I don't believe whom ever is responsible for that seriously thought about future storylines. What a waste. *Was not impressed with that guys* But maybe that's just me that thought it was a waste. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who are ambivalent about the event.
              Last edited by Reaceania; 01 January 2007, 05:17 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

I've always had a disliking for Mallozzi and Mullie. I felt the show changed in Season Four, which was the year they joined Stargate and Jonathan Glassner left. I also felt that Mallozzi, Mullie and Gero come across as quite arrogant in interviews they like talking about themselves too much. I don't get this impression from other people, i.e. Robert C. Cooper, Jonathan Glassner, Brad Wright and Martin Wood.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Gero wrote quite a few good episodes. When I'd see his name in the credits before the episodes aired I'd have higher hopes that they would be quality episodes as a result.

Binder I could go either way on. Sometimes he's ok but he's tossed out a few real stinkers to and I'm not jsut talking about irresistable here.

Mallozzi and Mullie seem to be the primary driving forces behind "clowngate Atlantis and clowngate SG1" where you can never seem to stuff enough cheep immature humour under the bigtop. I'd trade them both for Ken Cuperus in a heartbeat.

I'd also like to get back those two people who wrote Instinct. It was the only episode they ever wrote I think and, assuming the ending really did come as the result of some higher up "creative" input I'd love to have them back to. Either way 80% of instinct was still a hell of a lot better than what we typically get.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                    Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie were responsible for "The Tower", voted worst episode in Stargate Atlantis history. Carl Binder also had a hand in "Irresistible". Joseph and Paul wrote "Irresponsible".

No matter what you think of these episodes, you have to admit they've been responsible for some of the most controversial episodes in Atlantis-history.

Let's just hope they don't dish out a lot more episodes where women are just nice props or objects of sex per season than they already do.
                    Controversial, sure but I still love their eps. Havent found one I don't.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Controversial, sure but I still love their eps. Havent found one I don't.
                      Congrats Mitchell82, you are part of a very small exclusive club!

Comment

Not to be rude, but:
                        You loved "The Tower", "Irresistible" and "Irresponsible"?

Comment

Bad news... i wish they kept Ken, he did some of the best SGA eps...

I won't even comment on M&M "masterpieces" FAII mentioned...
                          /still disgusted
                          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

well it cant really get much worse can it?

Wait, I better shut my mouth.
                            I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Not to be rude, but:
                              You loved "The Tower", "Irresistible" and "Irresponsible"?
                              If they did...do you have a problem with it?

Because you know, it's their opinion and all that...

Comment

Working...
                              X