PDA

View Full Version : Adria 's pendent ,could it be useful for others? Spoilers for second half of s10

ckwongau
December 30th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Adria 's pendent ,could Asuran use something similar to counter the ARG ?

The RepliCarter learned the secret of ARG (Anti Replicator Gun) when Sam allow her to study the weapon,RepliCarter Describe the ARG's ancient tech as "exotic" ,unlike any Ancient Tech from the Asgard database.

RepliCarter find a way to quickly adopt the ARG, everytime they change frequency. Dakara Superweapon use the similar principle of ARG in a Galaxy wide scale, preventing the Replicator to adopt.

But Adria's Ori pendent ,she claim to contain a piece of city of Celestis, it protected her against Dakara Superweapon.

And not evn Morgan Le Fay 's securities device can affect the defence abilities of Adria's pendent (ep"The quest")

One of the concern of SGA was that the Asuran could one day adopt the ARG like RepliCarter.

But what if Asuran could create some force field or protection like Adria 's pendent.Then not even Dakara Superweapon can harm them .
What if Asuran allie with the Ori, it could be a great story ,but probably never happen.
But what if...

wise one
December 30th, 2006, 01:24 PM
if they did that then we would have 2 almost unstoppable enemies on our human hands

ur uncle urgo
December 30th, 2006, 02:09 PM
plus i dont think that the asurans are that advanced to make a shield out of a peice of rock plus how would they get it it was made from the plains of celestis(spelling).

Cap116
December 30th, 2006, 09:19 PM
I agree with Urgo, in order for the Asurans to make something like that they would have to learn how to ascend. I would imagine. And I also believe the pendant is unique, hard to replicate.

Dutch_Razor
December 31st, 2006, 03:15 AM
Perhaps the pendant is an ancient personal shield, which has been upgraded to protect against Ancient weaponary?

I think we should try firing a SABOT at it, see if that's enough kinetic energy ;)

Hooperman1990
December 31st, 2006, 01:23 PM
Is it possible that adrias pendant is the same as the ancient personal shield that rodney found? It seemed to work in the same way however it was smaller, didnt glow green and distinguished between danger and food (more advanced???)

Prior Daniel
December 31st, 2006, 01:25 PM
we could add it to a 304 ... and there might actaully stand a chance

kirmit
January 1st, 2007, 02:54 AM
Is it possible that adrias pendant is the same as the ancient personal shield that rodney found? It seemed to work in the same way however it was smaller, didnt glow green and distinguished between danger and food (more advanced???)

I have a feeling Adria's pendant is far more advanced, I don't know why but I just doubt Rodney's ancient device could stand upto the Dakara device.

The_New_Anubis
January 4th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Adria 's pendent ,could Asuran use something similar to counter the ARG ?Asurans have ancient technology (unlike IDA replicaters) so yeah I think the could :cool:

immhotep
January 4th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I dont think anything can get through that shield, i mean dakara wiped out all life in the Galaxy, it recreated life, it destroyed the replicators...i was completely shocked when that shield protected her. The Pendant must be truely magical, or contain a min Ori to power it, i dont think anything could protect you from Dakara but yeah if the asurians got hold of that pendant then it would be over, completely because as far as i can tell there is no weapon in the galaxy that can Kill Adria, if Dakara cant then nothing can..which sucks

Keeper
January 4th, 2007, 02:57 PM
possibly the pendant itself is a shield, and inside it is an ori? it could be something that allows the ori to directly protect and power her, but block their sight directly and prevent the ancients from detecting it.

something that seems to support the theory that she's not entirely alone: anubis' attempts and rodney's machine both resulted in mutations which were virtually unstoppable - i.e. ascention or death. now, i don't know if the ancients could prevent the death part in their experiments - but anubis' experiment suggests that it was impossible - continued use of power advanced the stages. so without some shielding adria should really be dead...