Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Horizon Timeline and the universe

Hello,

First, I didn't read Stargate: Horizon yet. I'll begin it soon, though, I've been wondering whether Horizon is part of the whole Stargate universe and plot. Can it be counted as part of the 'canon'?

Secondly, I'd like to know if there was any fan-made or official timeline (I haven't at first glance found it on the official web site) where important events related to the Stargate universes occurs.

Thank you in advance,

lnky

It burns us...It burns us...It freezes...Nasty little elves twisted it!

click on the picture to go to the Vivacia official site.

Originally posted by lnky View Post
    Hello,

First, I didn't read Stargate: Horizon yet. I'll begin it soon, though, I've been wondering whether Horizon is part of the whole Stargate universe and plot. Can it be counted as part of the 'canon'?

Secondly, I'd like to know if there was any fan-made or official timeline (I haven't at first glance found it on the official web site) where important events related to the Stargate universes occurs.

Thank you in advance,

lnky
    The show does, indeed, take place in the same Stargate universe as SG-1 and Atlantis do. It is, however, a couple of years later. The pilot takes place in 2011, and not too long before that the Stargate had gone pubilc. Something that has yet to happen on the TV shows, but there's a good chance it will happen at some point, considering that initially it was meant to happen at the end of Lost City (it was changed when it became clear that there'd be an eight season of SG-1).

There's no official timeline, because basically the timeline is in progress as SG-1 and Atlantis continue to evolve; so we wouldn't want to have any contradictions there.

While Horizon takes place in the same universe, it is at the same time a series of its own, just like it would have to be as a TV series. Meaning that there's not too much of a direct connection to events in SG-1 and Atlantis, other than references here and there.

It's not canon in that the TV shows have to stick to what's happening in the Horizon corner of the Stargate universe. However, all efforts are being made to make it "appear" as canon; i.e. avoiding contradictions, and things like that. So it could very well be canon, since it's a very realistic continuation of the Stargate universe.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
      The show does, indeed, take place in the same Stargate universe as SG-1 and Atlantis do. It is, however, a couple of years later. The pilot takes place in 2011, and not too long before that the Stargate had gone pubilc. Something that has yet to happen on the TV shows, but there's a good chance it will happen at some point, considering that initially it was meant to happen at the end of Lost City (it was changed when it became clear that there'd be an eight season of SG-1).

There's no official timeline, because basically the timeline is in progress as SG-1 and Atlantis continue to evolve; so we wouldn't want to have any contradictions there.

While Horizon takes place in the same universe, it is at the same time a series of its own, just like it would have to be as a TV series. Meaning that there's not too much of a direct connection to events in SG-1 and Atlantis, other than references here and there.

It's not canon in that the TV shows have to stick to what's happening in the Horizon corner of the Stargate universe. However, all efforts are being made to make it "appear" as canon; i.e. avoiding contradictions, and things like that. So it could very well be canon, since it's a very realistic continuation of the Stargate universe.
      I am up to the start of season 2, First let me say I LOVE it!!!! I feel like I am there as it happens. Anyway on to the question, isnt it hard to write ahead of time?? Like what is sam dies in sg1 in lets say 2008, how can she be there to talk to people if she is dead?

Comment

Originally posted by _aussiegater_ View Post
        I am up to the start of season 2, First let me say I LOVE it!!!! I feel like I am there as it happens. Anyway on to the question, isnt it hard to write ahead of time?? Like what is sam dies in sg1 in lets say 2008, how can she be there to talk to people if she is dead?
        It is definitely a challenge, and a little risk every time we decide to bring in a character from the TV shows. But we make all efforts to ensure it will fit with regards to continuity as much as we can.

Of course, once Stargate on TV has reached 2011 and beyond, there's bound to be things that might not completely fit together. But still, we always try and make sure that we don't ignore continuity.
        Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Yes but the fanbois that love picking apart continuity and stuff won't able to do it because it was actually written years before those events even happened

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
            Yes but the fanbois that love picking apart continuity and stuff won't able to do it because it was actually written years before those events even happened
            There will always be people that will try to rip anything to shreds if it doesn't match up exactly to contemporary rules and theory's.

People would complain about "The Iliad" and "The Odyssey" if you gave them a chance!

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
            Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemist View Post
              There will always be people that will try to rip anything to shreds if it doesn't match up exactly to contemporary rules and theory's.

People would complain about "The Iliad" and "The Odyssey" if you gave them a chance!
              Even I sometimes do that.

Comment

Working...
              X