earth that was

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

earth that was

Where in Heart of gold is the Earth-that-was shadow puppet show?

Originally posted by AcidSquid View Post
    Where in Heart of gold is the Earth-that-was shadow puppet show?
    Ellaborate???
    Originally posted by G.B Shaw
    Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
    Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
    Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
    You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
    Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
    One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
    You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
    The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
    www.7-scales.co.uk
    http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

there is a shadow puppet show in heart of gold, I've heard of it but not seen it, can someone let me know where in the episode the puppet show is, when it is.

Comment

I don't recall a puppet show in Heart of Gold. Perhaps it was in the background, when Mal and Inarra are in the theatre?

Actually, yes... I think that's where it was. In the first third of the episode, when Mal wants to size up the bad guy (can't remember his name off the top of my head), there is a shadow puppet show with a man singing in Chinese.

(I just finished re-watching the series a couple of days ago, my memory isn't that great... )
        sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

yeh, just saw it, man, it's sad that earth was destroyed.

Comment

I really wish we could have seen the Mal - Inarra storyline played out.

That was a show that had so much potential.
            sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

Im kind of glad it didn't live long, 2 or 3 seasons would be fine, not 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat_the_Alien View Post
                I really wish we could have seen the Mal - Inarra storyline played out.

That was a show that had so much potential.
                I really wish we could have seen.....aww frak. Do I have to start a list? I'll be here all night.

Potential, my mik'ta.....What Firefly had was beyond.....potential. Though with no more accurate descriptor coming to mind, I guess "potential" will have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  I really wish we could have seen.....aww frak. Do I have to start a list? I'll be here all night.

Potential, my mik'ta.....What Firefly had was beyond.....potential. Though with no more accurate descriptor coming to mind, I guess "potential" will have to do.
                  I totally agree. I'm a recent convert to the ranks of the browncoats, but.... WOW! Truly amazing what the show and film (serenity) brought together. A talented cast that epitomized synergy... you could truly feel they were completely immersed in their 'verse and it added so much to it. It's cancellation was, and is, both a tragedy and a travesty.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
                    I totally agree. I'm a recent convert to the ranks of the browncoats, but.... WOW! Truly amazing what the show and film (serenity) brought together. A talented cast that epitomized synergy... you could truly feel they were completely immersed in their 'verse and it added so much to it. It's cancellation was, and is, both a tragedy and a travesty.
                    Nicely said. The show really does hook you in doesn't it, after watching the first 3-5 episodes, it automatically became my second favourite show ever.

Rarely do you get a cast with that much chemestry- between all of them, not just among specific characters. They really feel like a family, almost immeadiatly.

Comment

Nicely said. The show really does hook you in doesn't it, after watching the first 3-5 episodes, it automatically became my second favourite show ever.

Rarely do you get a cast with that much chemestry- between all of them, not just among specific characters. They really feel like a family, almost immeadiatly.

Thank you +1 for your family comment - it's so true. The Mal/Inara relationship would have been fun to see explored in depth. I liked the deleted scenes with them in Serenity. By contrast, I was ambivalent on how they handed Simon/Kaylee in Serenity.
                      Spoiler:
                      I thought it was funny how he mentioned the regrets of not being with her, and how it made her decide she wanted to live, but the glimpse on the ship afterwards kind of felt rushed to me, even though I was glad they did get together (I guess this makes me a shipper.... Had the series not been cancelled, it would have been nice to see how Joss and the actors played it out over time, but then again I have a rather strong romantic streak at times, so it's all good I guess )

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
                        Thank you +1 for your family comment - it's so true. The Mal/Inara relationship would have been fun to see explored in depth. I liked the deleted scenes with them in Serenity. By contrast, I was ambivalent on how they handed Simon/Kaylee in Serenity.
                        Spoiler:
                        I thought it was funny how he mentioned the regrets of not being with her, and how it made her decide she wanted to live, but the glimpse on the ship afterwards kind of felt rushed to me, even though I was glad they did get together (I guess this makes me a shipper.... Had the series not been cancelled, it would have been nice to see how Joss and the actors played it out over time, but then again I have a rather strong romantic streak at times, so it's all good I guess )
                        Those relationships were so strongly written throughout the series's short lifetime, Joss being beyond pro at this point after all that experience on Buffy and Angel. What he could have done in television if he'd done another show after Angel ended.....I don't want to speculate, because then there would be tears.

And while Simon/Kaylee was a bit rushed at the end, I wouldn't change it- I thought it worked, especially considering time constraints. And the Mal/Inara relationship was fascinating, so wonderfully written and played by both actors. As someone who is for the most part irritated by romantic relationships in television- mainly because they're 95% of the time written badly/get dull, I loved those dynamics in Firefly, and all of Joss's work really. And I love that this show started with a married couple, that was smart, if only because that is so rare in tv series like this, thereby shaking up expectations.

Comment

If I were to compare Firefly to the Stargate Franchise, Well.
                          You all (y'all) know who would win.

Comment

Originally posted by AcidSquid View Post
                            If I were to compare Firefly to the Stargate Franchise, Well.
                            You all (y'all) know who would win.
                            Agreed! Firefly is unique unto itself!

Comment

Agreed! Firefly is unique unto itself!
                              Much as I hate to say it, and I'm a MAJOR SG-1 junkie, and an avid fan of Atlantis as well, if I were to stack Firefly against SG-1 it'd be much closer than I'd have thought previously. They're both great, but it's a shame Firefly was so prematurely cut short from it's tv life. Fox and Sci-Fi are definitely both good at messing up a good thing

Comment

Working...
                              X