Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Drones go Through Atlantis' Shield? (Spoilers Abound)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Drones go Through Atlantis' Shield? (Spoilers Abound)

Think about it, Why would the Ancients make a weapon the they can defend for? We know that the Atlantis shield is incredibly strong, with standing 10 hive ships firing on it. That got me thinking about this in the first place.

We know that the puddle jumper shield can with stand a drone hit, why not Atlantis? Last can Atlanits Fire drones throgh there shield at ships, the puddle jump can go through the shield, seen in the opening credits of the first season the city was under water with the shield and a puddle jumper was outside in the water. What do you think?
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

• We
      Dont
      Know
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I think that "we saw anubis fleet get destroyed by the drones" But i believe that shear # of drones can overwhelm any shield and take out an object. drones are truely like missiles without the weight! and complexicity!

1 GBU is a bunker buster.

1000 GBU is a island killer!

in this picture. it's from return pt. 2
      the drone bounces off the shield and continues going. made the drones only blow up once it hits solid matter!

Spoiler:
      Last edited by zpm!!; 27 December 2006, 06:22 PM.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
      pps = power per second
      The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
      xfire = zpm
      [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
      http://m2kclan.com
      vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
      port: 3785
      P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
      halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
      Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

The shields one his uber-ha'tak is not nearly as strong as the atlantis shields, i mean the city was under fire from 10 wraith hives, and the daedalus was under the strain of 10 hives too and the shield were at less than 20% after 30 seconds of fire. and the daedalus's shield is stronger than the hataks at camelot and is probably stronger than the uber-ha'tak as well but we dont know that.

Edit: the pudddle jumpers shiel still is not as strong as atlantis' then the 'ancient missles' might blow up when they hit the shield too
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I don't think Daedalus took fire from all ships in 'TSII'. It looked like it was only a few that took to it.

The whole Drones don;t go through shields thing is still unknown. Yes it bounced off the PJ shield, however it wasn't an actual full hit. It was more of a glancing blow. Not to mention those who were operating it, they didn't or couldn't even fire the Drones underwater after the exact same jumper. Whereas we saw Beckett do it a few mins later on in the very same ep.

Therefore that tells you either they weren't trying to destroy the jumper, or they were simply lousy at controlling them.

It can work 2 ways in this this whole scenario.

1. The Lanteans wouldn't want to create something that could go through their own shields. Especially incase the Wraith ever managed to figure out how to lauch or manufacture Drones themselves.

2. The other part is that, they wouldn't want to create shields that nothing could get through either. Especially since they sent warships on recon missions where there was a great chance of the ship & crew being captured by the Wraith. So if the Wraith then used Lantean shields on their ships, their main weapon would suddenly become obsolete & totally ineffective.

Both are as valid as the other & equally as plausible. I find the answer to be somewhere in the middle. They can go through but may perhaps need some tweaking from default factory mode.

Do I think Drones can go through the raised Ancient shields, yes. Because since a PJ went straight through in 'Rising' it shows that they can be penetrated when fully operational. Either by brute force or by adjusting the Drones frequency or whatever to allow it to skip on through.

Seeing about the new bad guys & what they have tech wise. Then it's obviously only a matter of time before we finally get it put to bed. Hopefully at some point in the S3 finale or S4 premiere.

Comment

I doubt very much either of those scenarios are correct, because they both are based off the Ancients having the capability of doing something, but not doing it. We have never seen the Wraith utilizing Ancient ship technology, so there is no reason to think they ever managaed to get there hands on any.
            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Yeah I support you, The ancients would not let there own technology get into the hands of the wraith, knowing how the ancients are they would destroy themselves before the wraith would get the tech. The ancient ships have ancients shields that could withstand the brunt force of the wraith hives fire, plus the drones on the ancient warships would easily go through the hull of the hive ship. Plus the energy weapons they have.
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

The jumper went through the Atlantis shield in "Rising" the same way Anubis ringed onboard his mothership from another mothership in "Revelations" with the shields up, the frequency is adjusted then readjusted. It doesn't mean anything in terms of drones or no drones.

AGT58

Comment

A high number of drones can penetrate the shield, not just 1 or 2, that's my theory..
                  Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                  Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                  Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                  Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                  You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                  Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                  One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                  You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                  The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                  www.7-scales.co.uk
                  http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

What you also have to take into account the how incredibly influential the shield of Atlantis is. Its the strongest shield known next to the Ori. Yes the drones might go through the shield if there around a quarter million of them or so.
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

the drones maybe just missiles but with out the shiled passing thing i mean they launch them in massive numbers righ maybe the first few that hit deplete the shilds and the rest are for finishing off the hull
                      sigpic
                      Sig For Me!

Comment

First this is my 100th post wahhhoooo!

What if the drones don't explode on contact with solid matter. In the Lost City Part 2 the drones kept going into the uber'hak but there weren't a lot of explosions. What if they just go into the ships and then zoom around breaking things and then they could be re-used?
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                          First this is my 100th post wahhhoooo!

What if the drones don't explode on contact with solid matter. In the Lost City Part 2 the drones kept going into the uber'hak but there weren't a lot of explosions. What if they just go into the ships and then zoom around breaking things and then they could be re-used?

If u would read other people post, i said that solid matter counts.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                          pps = power per second
                          The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                          xfire = zpm
                          [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                          http://m2kclan.com
                          vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                          port: 3785
                          P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                          halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                          Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Originally posted by zpm!! View Post
                            If u would read other people post, i said that solid matter counts.
                            well i just asked a question, i didn't want it to be like it was a fact or anything
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                              well i just asked a question, i didn't want it to be like it was a fact or anything
                              it is a good point it could be true like a solid projectile maybe they just tear through the ship like what happened to the hattak when the ori gate segment went throught it
                              sigpic
                              Sig For Me!

Comment

Working...
                              X