PDA

View Full Version : Will The Asgard or at least Thor be in the movies? (unending/AoT/continuum spoilers)

ACharmedAsgard
December 27th, 2006, 05:29 AM
I was just wondering if anyone here thought that the Asgard, or more specifically Thor will feature in the movie?

I think he will and should.

what do you think?

tagger
December 27th, 2006, 05:33 AM
I would love to see Thor in both movies! Perhaps the timeline one would make more sense, though.

I haven't heard one way or the other whether he will return to our galaxy!:)

Lida
December 27th, 2006, 05:35 AM
I was just wondering if anyone here thought that the Asgard, or more specifically Thor will feature in the movie?

what do you think?

(puzzled look on face) Yes ;)

kirmit
December 27th, 2006, 05:35 AM
As the first movie deals with wrapping up the Ori storyline maybe the asgard will have some play in that.

ACharmedAsgard
December 27th, 2006, 05:38 AM

Did I confuse you? :(

If I did I will explain what I was trying to say for you if you want :)

ACharmedAsgard
December 27th, 2006, 05:39 AM
As the first movie deals with wrapping up the Ori storyline maybe the asgard will have some play in that.

Yeah, I can see how you would say that, they do have time dilation technology etc

Freekzilla
December 27th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I sure hope the Asgard, especially Thor, will be in the two movies. I think it would be GREAT if we got to see more than one or two Asgard at a time. I think there should be an esemble cast of Asgard. (Thor, Heimdal, Kvasir, Freyr, Hermiod, and perhaps a few others. There is plenty of Norse Mythology to draw from. I mean, how can you not just love the little buggers to death?

PG15
December 27th, 2006, 09:19 PM

Oh...you're a sneaky one. ;)

Let's see...you were only there for Dominion...but questions could be asked...gah!

:p

Amaunet
December 27th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I love the asgard..well who doesn't? They should definitely play a part in the movies, i miss thor, it would be good if we could see him again...i doubt that he won't be in the movies..its Thor he's always there to save them....:D

That would be good

the fifth man
December 27th, 2006, 09:38 PM
I sure hope to see Thor, or at least some other Asgards, in one or both movies. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed on it.

Saul Tigh
May 1st, 2007, 04:48 PM
spoliers for unending

nope.....we will see there tech but no asguard

Mitchell82
May 1st, 2007, 04:50 PM
The Asgard were killed of in Unending but the asgard will appear in season 4 of Atlantis, likely a different race of asgard since it's a different galaxy.

jenks
May 1st, 2007, 05:19 PM
The Asgard were killed of in Unending but the asgard will appear in season 4 of Atlantis, likely a different race of asgard since it's a different galaxy.

Where's this info from? :confused:

Exiled Master
May 1st, 2007, 05:31 PM
I sure hope the Asgard, especially Thor, will be in the two movies. I think it would be GREAT if we got to see more than one or two Asgard at a time. I think there should be an esemble cast of Asgard. (Thor, Heimdal, Kvasir, Freyr, Hermiod, and perhaps a few others. There is plenty of Norse Mythology to draw from. I mean, how can you not just love the little buggers to death?
I suppose they could appear in Continuum, what with the time travel and all but not in our neck of time-space again.

Zed.P.M.
May 1st, 2007, 05:56 PM
The Asgard were killed of in Unending but the asgard will appear in season 4 of Atlantis, likely a different race of asgard since it's a different galaxy.Where's this info from? :confused:
Seconded. Say whaaat?? :confused:

the fifth man
May 1st, 2007, 07:07 PM
I suppose they could appear in Continuum, what with the time travel and all but not in our neck of time-space again.

That'd be pretty cool.:) I'd love to see them again, especially Thor.

monkey_man132
May 1st, 2007, 08:05 PM
At one point of my mindless day dreaming of Stargate I thought that the Asgard could have left all their minds in a computer until us humans can remake them better in future and be bestest buddies forever. I hope it happens.

Amaunet
May 1st, 2007, 11:34 PM

Really? If so, that would be so cool! :D

ManiacMike
May 1st, 2007, 11:52 PM
theres been rumors of the asgard leaving their brains in the big core. Then more about they go back in time in continuum and help with their cloning problem.

How pissed off are the asgard going to be if we do infact bring them back and they find out that we have their technology and are now more powerful than they are.

marty2006
May 2nd, 2007, 12:50 AM
Seconded. Say whaaat?? :confused:

Third. Say what :confused: :confused: :confused:

marty2006
May 2nd, 2007, 12:51 AM
spoliers for unending

nope.....we will see there tech but no asguard

BTW its Asgard not Asguard no U im afraid :p

monkey_man132
May 2nd, 2007, 06:55 AM
Third. Say what :confused: :confused: :confused: To not sound tacky I'll say "Second Say What :confused::confused::confused:"

ACharmedAsgard
May 2nd, 2007, 12:32 PM
Lol it's seems I found out the answer in Unending. A nice big No :(

apollo22
May 2nd, 2007, 01:03 PM
i dont think that they will be in the first movie. this has to deal with the ori storyline and by this time that asgard had already killed themselves. they might be in it in the fact that they have the asgard computer core with the asgard hologram to explain things. it is very possible that they will be in the second movie because it does have to dso with time travel and they are going way back so maybe. and to someone before who said the asgard will be in season 4 of atlantis. where did u see this info. i would like to see it because from what i have read, the only thing that i have seen so far is they are introducing a new alien race would could possibly be a allie. my thought was the furlings becuase they are the only great race that we havent met yet and they do have some neat technology- I.E. the teleporting gateway.

ACharmedAsgard
May 2nd, 2007, 01:13 PM
I agree I'm very interested in this apparent 'new Asgard race' being talked about

marty2006
May 2nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
Yea me too is their any truth behind this ??

P-90_177
May 2nd, 2007, 02:17 PM

what do you think?

oh you young innocent person you. I remeber being that way. *runs off and weeps*

Missster.Freeman
May 2nd, 2007, 02:25 PM
The Asgard were killed of in Unending but the asgard will appear in season 4 of Atlantis, likely a different race of asgard since it's a different galaxy.count me in with the ranks of the confused. :confused: Any sources for this rumour. Anyone?

I agree I'm very interested in this apparent 'new Asgard race' being talked aboutI can't see how it's possible. Unless they're an off-shoot of the Asgard race that split away thousands of years ago because "our" Asgard didn't choose the religious path. :p

marty2006
May 2nd, 2007, 02:38 PM
That would be such a poor thing to do so bad so so bad.

marty2006
May 2nd, 2007, 02:39 PM
oh you young innocent person you. I remeber being that way. *runs off and weeps*

Lol

ACharmedAsgard
May 2nd, 2007, 03:31 PM

Hey - try making a thread with a question which is answered in the last SG-1 Episode. When I saw Unending I was

:D > :) > :eek: > :( > :sheppardanime32: Oh well question answered.

Hehe - evil Asgard!, off shot that chose Religion.

Mitchell82
May 2nd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Third. Say what :confused: :confused: :confused:

I was pretty sure JM stated in his blog that the Asgard will be in season 4.

PG15
May 2nd, 2007, 05:28 PM
I don't think that's right buddy. I read the thing everyday.

BeckettRulez
May 3rd, 2007, 03:16 AM
The Asgard are history, so I doubt that they will appear in Atlantis, unless it's their technology, which is going to happen with Carter, I suppose.

freetoken
May 3rd, 2007, 07:42 AM
The Asgard are history,

Possibly the signature moment of the final episode, maybe even the series, was when Thor announced they were giving Earth everything. It had that passing-of-the-baton moment about it.

Yes, I will miss the little grey guys too, but it actually makes for a good drama. Given how poor ratings are for SG-1 now, maybe there won't be a follow on series - but it woud be great to seem some novels.

Mitchell82
May 3rd, 2007, 08:08 AM
I don't think that's right buddy. I read the thing everyday.

As do I but I was sure he said something about Asgard tech being in season 4, but I guess you can have that without them.

Saul Tigh
May 3rd, 2007, 08:17 AM
unending
the asguard are dead simple as that

ACharmedAsgard
May 3rd, 2007, 08:18 AM
As do I but I was sure he said something about Asgard tech being in season 4, but I guess you can have that without them.
He mentioned Asgard Tech, but not the Asgard themselves

Missster.Freeman
May 3rd, 2007, 08:35 AM
As do I but I was sure he said something about Asgard tech being in season 4, but I guess you can have that without them.Yeah, I think you could be right about their tech being utilised in Atlantis.

Unending spoilers. I'm sure Thor said to Sam that there would be a holographic representation of an Asgard installed to help them use the upgrades. It would be kind of like Windows Help, but this one talks back to you and is less annoying. :D Did anyone else pick that up in the episode? Maybe I need my ears cleaned out.

ACharmedAsgard
May 3rd, 2007, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I think you could be right about their tech being utilised in Atlantis.

Unending spoilers. I'm sure Thor said to Sam that there would be a holographic representation of an Asgard installed to help them use the upgrades. It would be kind of like Windows Help, but this one talks back to you and is less annoying. :D Did anyone else pick that up in the episode? Maybe I need my ears cleaned out.
Yeah Thor did say that and I'm sure the Asgard tech will be replicated and used throughout the Earth special ops military and the SGC

marty2006
May 3rd, 2007, 09:23 AM
Well ye their tech but clearly not the Asgard

ACharmedAsgard
May 3rd, 2007, 12:23 PM
Thor's Legacy will be in the movies and Atlantis - that's for sure

Skydiver
May 3rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
i think THor's Legacy will be a convenient plot device that will be trotted out regularly as long as the show lasts.

rosey_angel
May 3rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
I don't know if there's a reason for the Asgard to be in the movies. they've passed on their info and tech to us, so we don't need them to help with the Ori, and we've dealt with time travel scenarios before without the Asgards help.

If we did see any of them, it would probly be in the hologram form from Unending

ACharmedAsgard
May 3rd, 2007, 11:57 PM
I don't know if there's a reason for the Asgard to be in the movies. they've passed on their info and tech to us, so we don't need them to help with the Ori, and we've dealt with time travel scenarios before without the Asgards help.

If we did see any of them, it would probly be in the hologram form from Unending
Most likely. But I think TPTB will still make an effort to mention or use the Hologram when they can so we don't 'lose' the Asgard entirely, and there may be reference to them in Continuum due to it being based on time travel.

I would asume Asgard tech will be involved in getting to the past aposed to the Ancient time device...if we still have it