This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Pegasus Galaxy

I'm starting this thread so we can keep track of all the worlds visited by the SGA team(s). I''m going to make it easy to start by not naming any of them at this time, so step right up folks...or is it too early for this thread?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

I'll start it off chronologically (minus Atlantis itself)

1. Athos

Comment

2. Hoth
      sigpic
      The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova
        2. Hoth
        The ice planet from Star Wars Episode V? The SG:A producers hope we don't notice huh?

Comment

Originally posted by aeroe
          The ice planet from Star Wars Episode V? The SG:A producers hope we don't notice huh?
          Hoff

Comment

Originally posted by TheAncientOne

1. Athos
            If we named it Atlantis, you still have it right in an alphabetica sense as well as...1st

Comment

Somehow, I get the impression that the Earthlings aren't going to be characterized as "mostly harmless" in this book.

Couldn't resist. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
                Somehow, I get the impression that the Earthlings aren't going to be characterized as "mostly harmless" in this book.
                Let's just hope that Earth fares better

Arthur: You know, it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young.
                Ford: Why, what did she tell you?
                Arthur: I don't know, I didn't listen.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAncientOne

1. Athos
                  There was a planet mentioned in 'Underground' at the end because Bates managed to get some food in a trade deal. Anyone recall the name of the people mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                    There was a planet mentioned in 'Underground' at the end because Bates managed to get some food in a trade deal. Anyone recall the name of the people mentioned?
                    I'm pretty sure Weir said "they call themselves the Manarians"....or something like that.

The planet could be called Manar, Manaria etc...or "Manarians" could just be a cultural/geographic name for that particular group of traders.

Spoilers (perhaps) for the Storm/Eye arc:
                    Spoiler:
                    Perhaps we'll learn the name for the Genii's homeworld when they come a-calling to Atlantis...
                    We suspend our disbelief, and we are entertained...

Comment

There were a few planets traveled to in previous episodes that I couldn't find the names to.
                      What was the name of the planet traveled to in Childhood's end? I dont think the episode mentioned that.
                      Also, what was the name of the planet traveled to in Underground?

Comment

I think we should, for now, just use the people's name if the planet's name is not given, but put an asterix with a note that this isn't the planet's name and can be changed by the producers at any time. Also needing to be taken into account: the worlds mentioned in SUSPICION that we never saw (nine missions, of which we had only seen two or three by that point).
                        Last edited by Lenonn; 06 September 2004, 03:16 PM. Reason: Elaboration

Comment

I didn't realize how difficult this thread might prove to be, what with all these planets without names. So far we have:

1. Athos
                          2. Hoth, Hoff, or Hath (choose your own spelling)
                          3. Manar (?) I'm thinking it's pronounced; "May-Nar"
                          4. Planet from Childhood''s End...
                          5. And nearly a dozen other 'unamed planets'

This just sucks!

Comment

yep, and the omnipedia isn't easing our pain.

Comment

Originally posted by S0f4
                              yep, and the omnipedia isn't easing our pain.
                              As an Ancient, I could just list all the planets in 3 galaxies that have gates, but We have this noninterferece policy...blah, blah, blah....you understand, right?
                              Last edited by Ancient 1; 09 September 2004, 10:33 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
                              X