This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus Super Weapon

This Tread on the Dakara Super Weapon (and a few other stuff)

First of all. I know the Dakara Super Weapon is not actually a WEAPON.

We all know the Dakara ‘Weapon’ was capable of creating life where there was none.

Dakara was the planet were the 'Weapon' was kept to seed life in the Milky Way Galaxy. I believe it was done the same way, which destroyed the Replicators, which was dial in Stargate to Stargate then active the Machine.

But shouldn't the Ancients have also built a Machine in the Pegasus also have to seed life??????

This could in fact be an easy way to destroy the Asurans the way the Replicators were destroyed in the Milky Way

Two Questions.

1.) How many times was the Dakara ‘Weapon’ used to seed life in the Milky Way?
    Was it used once before the great plague that made the Accents leave the Milky Way or just after the great plague? Or both???

2.) I wanted to ask, the Nox as far as I know live in the Milky Way. Were the Nox seeded by the Ancients as well or were the in the Milky Way already???
    I think that they were seeded by the Accents. Then when the Plague came, the Accents left for the Pegasus were the Nox had time to evolved. Then when the Accents returned because the Wraith they formed the Great Alliance of 4 Great Races.

I think this may even apply to the Asgard as well. Remember that the Asgard looked a lot alike Humans before they turned Grey and had they Balls cut off.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Good call on the Dakara device, I wish you hadn't mentioned it now, the writers never put anything in that's already been suggested.

Regarding the Nox, I thought the Alliance was formed before the Ancients went to Pegasus?

Comment

The Nox are NON human therefore, NOT established by the Ancients, same goes for the Asgard, for one, they're in another galaxy and even their original form was very different from the physical apperance of humans. Furlins, we know nothing about them except they tried to build that place that you go to for paradise.

AGT58

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post

This Tread on the Dakara Super Weapon (and a few other stuff)

First of all. I know the Dakara Super Weapon is not actually a WEAPON.

We all know the Dakara ‘Weapon’ was capable of creating life where there was none.

Dakara was the planet were the 'Weapon' was kept to seed life in the Milky Way Galaxy. I believe it was done the same way, which destroyed the Replicators, which was dial in Stargate to Stargate then active the Machine.

But shouldn't the Ancients have also built a Machine in the Pegasus also have to seed life??????

This could in fact be an easy way to destroy the Asurans the way the Replicators were destroyed in the Milky Way

Two Questions.

1.) How many times was the Dakara ‘Weapon’ used to seed life in the Milky Way?
        Was it used once before the great plague that made the Accents leave the Milky Way or just after the great plague? Or both???

2.) I wanted to ask, the Nox as far as I know live in the Milky Way. Were the Nox seeded by the Ancients as well or were the in the Milky Way already???
        I think that they were seeded by the Accents. Then when the Plague came, the Accents left for the Pegasus were the Nox had time to evolved. Then when the Accents returned because the Wraith they formed the Great Alliance of 4 Great Races.

I think this may even apply to the Asgard as well. Remember that the Asgard looked a lot alike Humans before they turned Grey and had they Balls cut off.

Well the Ancients used the weapon to start life again in the Milky way AFTER the plauge had ruined it. I'm not sure about the part the Nox played in all this.
        They didnt need a super weapon in the Peagusas galaxy becaue the life there was fine with them and they didnt need to replace it (until the Wraith came but that was too late)

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Yeah, I think that the plague remained dormant on all the planets infected by the virus and thus any sentient life that would develop would be infected and die long before they made any form of civilization thus it was necessary I think to 'cleanse' such worlds of the disease. Pegasus did not suffer such a fate so the normal ways of producing life could have been done without using a weapon to cleanse the galaxy.

And technically speaking if you want to name a super weapon present in the galaxy then so far I think Project Acturis qualifies in that regard... at least, so far.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
            The Nox are NON human therefore, NOT established by the Ancients, same goes for the Asgard, for one, they're in another galaxy and even their original form was very different from the physical apperance of humans. Furlins, we know nothing about them except they tried to build that place that you go to for paradise.

AGT58
            How do we know that they aren't human? The Ancients developed some pretty impressive physic abilities as they evolved, isn't it possible that the Nox did as well?
            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
              How do we know that they aren't human? The Ancients developed some pretty impressive physic abilities as they evolved, isn't it possible that the Nox did as well?
              Because in some episodes, such as "The Fifth Race", humans were said to be a possible fifth race, joining the other four races, the Asgard, the Nox, the Ancients, and the Furlings.

If the Nox were humans too, then there wouldn't be a distinction between the human race and the Nox race.

But it's true that maybe the Nox were at a time human, then evolved into another race (like the Ancients), so perhaps they were originally human and were seeded by the Ancients and then evolved into the Nox. There's no direct connection between humans and Nox though, they could have evolved from some other unnamed humanoid race. Just because they look humanoids instead of radically different like the Asgard and the Wraith does not automatically make them human/human descendant. But the Nox "today" are definitely not the same race as the humans, or else the distinction would not be made.
              sine sine cosine sine,
              three point one four one five nine!
              Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
              [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
              This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

Because it was mentioned in the show that they were NOT human, they apparently live several hundred years, the Ancients live as long as we do it seems, they have nature powers and such, the Ancients had telekinetic abilities, not seemingly natural ones. They don't fight, we know the Ancients fight back, although, not that well.

AGT58

Comment

None of those things are actually the definition of human life.

The Ancients WERE or ARE human, that is canon to the show. They are "The first evolution of this form".
                  We don't KNOW what the Nox are, but they certainly seem to be human to me. Keep in mind that all life in the Milky way was essentially seeded the same way, and that evolution doesn't randomly evolve multiple species the same way like that. The Asgard ended up completely different than us even though they "used to look much like humans".
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post

Just what I was thinking. They may be human on a higher evolution path. All Human races will look different after millions of years of evolution depending on environment, inference of technology like the case of the Asgard who looked moderately human millions of years ago

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Good call on the Dakara device, I wish you hadn't mentioned it now, the writers never put anything in that's already been suggested.

Regarding the Nox, I thought the Alliance was formed before the Ancients went to Pegasus?
                      So they are really checking these forums every time they write a plot?

If that's the case, keep suggesting bad plots!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post

If the Alliance was really created at the same time the Asgards became good candidates, we're looking at best 30,000 years back from now.

Maybe there was a former smaller union, a bit like the European Union right now, that keeps growing, but first mainly erected by nations such as France and Germany.

My bets are that the Furlings and Alterans were the first members of the Alliance. I'd even go to suggest that this Alliance was created after a war. But that's for another thread.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

With the nox's ability to bring people back from the dead probably allowed them to survive the plague. And because the Asgard lived in a different Galaxy, they were most likly protected from it.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:
                          President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                          President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                          Forum Charmer
                          Forum Ambassador
                          Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

The ancient-asguards looked human, so i'd wager that the ancients seeded both the nox and the asguard as well (cant comment on the mystical furling).

The pegasus galaxy probably would have needed a mass terraforming technology, but i dont think the humanoids would have needed to be seeded, as they're all direct decendants of the ancients. so the device used would somehow create stable ecosystems.

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                              They didnt need a super weapon in the Peagusas galaxy becaue the life there was fine with them and they didnt need to replace it (until the Wraith came but that was too late)
                              This statement is sheer madness

The cute, wide eyed hologram lady in Rising explained to the team that they (the Ancients) seeded the Pegasus galaxy with life, because they assumed it was devoid of any - she also said they encountered the Wraith 'on a dark world' afterwards.

As for the OP's point about the Dakara device, I suppose a loose possibility is that it may have also been used to seed the Pegasus galaxy in advance - rig a ZPM up to Dakaras DHD and you can create/destroy life anywhere...

Comment

Working...
                              X