Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would "you keep in secret" the Earth address?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would "you keep in secret" the Earth address?

As all we know the Wraith interest for to get the Earth address... I thought how we can keep it in secret?

I thought perhaps to clean it of database and to memorize it.
    Nile

change the atlantean database so that it says eartgate address is actually a black hole

Comment

Originally posted by Melak View Post
      change the atlantean database so that it says eartgate address is actually a black hole
      exactly my words
      http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

You'll have to watch out for Suicidal Wraith then

Comment

where is earth

ok dont suck me and let me go after i tell you

ok

here the address, now i will see you later

we are exiting hyperspace, get ready to feed,hahahaha.....
          wait a minute this is our planet

haha, suckers!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
            where is earth

ok dont suck me and let me go after i tell you

ok

here the address, now i will see you later

we are exiting hyperspace, get ready to feed,hahahaha.....
            wait a minute this is our planet

haha, suckers!

I like the black hole idear
            sigpic
            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
            Metal gear fan

Comment

That would be very cool. We accually did that in SG-1 episode 2001 I think it was when we gave the Evil Humanoid Aliens fale addresses the first one was a black hole and the got worse from that.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                That would be very cool. We accually did that in SG-1 episode 2001 I think it was when we gave the Evil Humanoid Aliens fale addresses the first one was a black hole and the got worse from that.
                yeah they did, but i dont see how it can worse than a black hole, i mean if you dial the black hole your a little on the screwed side

Comment

Originally posted by ste View Post
                  yeah they did, but i dont see how it can worse than a black hole, i mean if you dial the black hole your a little on the screwed side
                  It was the Aschen that got the adresses, in 2001 when teh SGC found out about a plot to eradicate the population using a sterilaization drug they "accidentially" gave them a laptop of addresses which contained dark planets.
                  Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Then you'd have to lock it out of the dialing program so that someone doesn't make a mistake and accidently dial it.

And you'd have to make sure that everyone who operates the Stargate knows about the false address so they don't to try to override.

And how secret would it be after you've done all that?

Comment

The Wraith wouldn't dial us. They aren't looking for Earth's gate address, they're looking for Earth's location.

They've been up against the Ancients' little nifty shield since they first started fighting the Ancients. They obviously know such shields exists (and they probably assume we have one of them), so they are obviously not going to dial in to Earth.

Besides, you can't send a Hive through a gate. They'd send a Dart or two and have them radio back. They'd realize it was a black hole soon enough. They also probably don't have a ZPM to dial Earth.

If they travelled to the black hole by ship, they'd see it was just a black hole and high tail out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                        The Wraith wouldn't dial us. They aren't looking for Earth's gate address, they're looking for Earth's location.

They've been up against the Ancients' little nifty shield since they first started fighting the Ancients. They obviously know such shields exists (and they probably assume we have one of them), so they are obviously not going to dial in to Earth.

Besides, you can't send a Hive through a gate. They'd send a Dart or two and have them radio back. They'd realize it was a black hole soon enough. They also probably don't have a ZPM to dial Earth.

If they travelled to the black hole by ship, they'd see it was just a black hole and high tail out of there.
                        I agree the Wraith would go by ship, which is the whole reason they've been trying to engineer inta-galactic HD...

but i think they could come up with a powersource able to dial earth without too much trouble...

The best way to keep Earths locaiton a secret is to not allow the Wraith to capture atlantis duh
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Isnt the problem with altering the atlantean database the fact that it's got so many backups in place? Isnt that why they couldnt just delete the database when the wraith came? would the team have to alter all the backup copies or would the main gate-room database interface atuto-update all the backups?

Comment

Give them the Nox or Asgard Home World. I'd like to see what they do

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

the nox wouldnt fight back though, and the asguard are weakened nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                              X